Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which dress?
Dress one 6 8.11%
Dress two 6 8.11%
Dress three 16 21.62%
Dress four 19 25.68%
Dress five 19 25.68%
Dress six 16 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #16
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Well in all honesty, I'm a little bummed that no one really is reading this, but at least this is a good place to organize my thoughts.

So we're thinking 50 people max. And right now we're VERY tempted to move the wedding up a year. I'm torn because I don't want to rush through the planning portion but it all seems to real now and I'm definitely anxious to start. But then again I'll only have this time ever to be engaged (or that's the plan)

Here are some florals and colors I like:

I love orchids and callie lilies,but I don't like roses. I just can't stand them for some reason. And I think I want silks because I'd need them for the wedding, the MK shoot, and the home reception.

I also like this cake. I like the argyle pattern on the second tier. DF and I are big argyle fans.

Also I found invites I think I have to have, even though I love everyone making their own. I think I'd like to have DIY Save the Dates, Engagement party invites, etc...but I just love these:

closed:

open- I'm not so sure how I like it open, but you can get a sample so I'll check it out

Oh, here is what I want to send out as annoucements. I love them, they are silly, informal, and random, like me! plus I love kitties

Now, I know that seems like a lot (and I do have a little more) for being engaged only a week...but let's be honest, I didn't exactly "start" planning after the engagement.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #17
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

hahhaha atleast you have good ideas on what you want! i like the flowers that are in the middle (not the last before the cake but right above that) and the cake is great!
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
2014(MAY)-Port Orleans Riverside
teddygurl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #18
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

oh and i have to show my friend your std....her and i send cat photos back and forth to each other at work because we are obsessed with them! she will love it!
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
2014(MAY)-Port Orleans Riverside
teddygurl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #19
Pirate's Princess

Here's a better picture of Dress 6. My mom hates the picture I posted and thinks that's why nobody voted for it. It really was very pretty.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #20
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Honestly, I'm the one person that did vote for dress six! I think it looks VERY flattering on your figure. Besides, it's very elegant with all the beading at the top and that beautiful back to it. It's lovely!

And, I just want to say that I super love your announcements!! Kitties are the best, ever. Your invites are very cute too. Everything you've got is just awesome so far! Rest assured, I will be following your updates!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #21
Ann117
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great. I was thinking about getting married in 2011 instead of 2010 so i would have longer to plan and everything but I decided 2010 and everything is going great Ill have plenty of time to get everything ready but I am having so much fun planning i dont want it to end.I am glad you like the flower site the people are super nice to work with and they can also custom make things. I chose silk for the same reason you did I need my flowers three differnt days and the silk are cheaper then real disney ones that I would use one day!! And not using the Disney flowers at lest for me who is trying to stay in the 12,000 minimum means I have to spend that money on something else like entertainment.
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #22
Pirate's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
Everything looks great. I was thinking about getting married in 2011 instead of 2010 so i would have longer to plan and everything but I decided 2010 and everything is going great Ill have plenty of time to get everything ready but I am having so much fun planning i dont want it to end.I am glad you like the flower site the people are super nice to work with and they can also custom make things. I chose silk for the same reason you did I need my flowers three differnt days and the silk are cheaper then real disney ones that I would use one day!! And not using the Disney flowers at lest for me who is trying to stay in the 12,000 minimum means I have to spend that money on something else like entertainment.
I LOVE that website Andreah! I'm so glad you found it (and saved me from doing the work, hehe) They look so much nicer than the silks I've seen. And I'm definitely trying to keep to the minimums. I'd rather spend the money on food or a dj or heck even Cindy's carriage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Honestly, I'm the one person that did vote for dress six! I think it looks VERY flattering on your figure. Besides, it's very elegant with all the beading at the top and that beautiful back to it. It's lovely!

And, I just want to say that I super love your announcements!! Kitties are the best, ever. Your invites are very cute too. Everything you've got is just awesome so far! Rest assured, I will be following your updates!
Thank you much Anjanette! I think that dress is my favorite. It was comfy but beautiful and I didn't feel too exposed. I felt like a princess (but more like Snow White then Belle) And I found those a while ago. They are actually postcards by Stella Marrs. I got a pack of the kitty collection and I send them out as thank you cards, because i HATE thank you cards. So when I do write them, people see the random cards and get totally confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygurl28 View Post
hahhaha atleast you have good ideas on what you want! i like the flowers that are in the middle (not the last before the cake but right above that) and the cake is great!
Thank you meghan! And they are silks! I'm sure about the seashells but I love the colors...and I love that cake too. I stole it from someone on the boards but I can't remember who.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #23
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

I agree with Anjanette, dress 6 all the way! I saw it the other day at David's Bridal and thought it was even more gorgeous in person! You will look amazing in it! Oh and I think Amanda (MainStMandy) is leaning towards dress 7 for her DFTW! It is a great choice as well! I like those 2 the best

You cat announcement cracks me up... so random (I happen to LOVE random, must be the whole "Sam" thing lol) I say do it!

You have a lot done for sure but from what I have learned on here is, as much as you have done, you always end up doing wayyy more because you get so inspired by other brides on here. I have "borowed" so many amazing creative ideas that I would never had been able to pull off on my own. So I say plan away! You are on top of things which is good, and it seems like you have a good idea of things you want and being decisive in the whole wedding process is a veryyyyy good thing. So Keep it up girl, I need your energy!
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #24
Pirate's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
I agree with Anjanette, dress 6 all the way! I saw it the other day at David's Bridal and thought it was even more gorgeous in person! You will look amazing in it! Oh and I think Amanda (MainStMandy) is leaning towards dress 7 for her DFTW! It is a great choice as well! I like those 2 the best

You cat announcement cracks me up... so random (I happen to LOVE random, must be the whole "Sam" thing lol) I say do it!

You have a lot done for sure but from what I have learned on here is, as much as you have done, you always end up doing wayyy more because you get so inspired by other brides on here. I have "borowed" so many amazing creative ideas that I would never had been able to pull off on my own. So I say plan away! You are on top of things which is good, and it seems like you have a good idea of things you want and being decisive in the whole wedding process is a veryyyyy good thing. So Keep it up girl, I need your energy!
Isn't the dress just amazing in person? The pictures don't do it justice. And I think it's so funny that Amanda likes dress 7. But it looks WAY better on her. It's way to mature for me (I look like I'm 16, and that dress belongs an a real woman, haha)

It must be a Sam thing. I'm trying to post another random cat postcard but my stupid work computer won't do it, and my brother is on my personal computer. I'm sure I'll be doing so much more stuff, especially since I want to have a very personal ceremony so we need to put a lot of time into that as well. I'm normally a pretty decisive (read: opinionated) person, . I don't really like choosing things though, if it were up to me I'd always pick both! Haha.

Don't let my enthusiasm fool you, I'm exhausted. I can't wait until the summer when I no longer have to worry about lessons and lesson plans and students. Of course then I'll be on the job hunt, but I'm hoping to get a position at DF's school so we can be there together. Yes we're "that" couple haha.

Anyway, no more info on the wedding (can't post pics or ideas really...too tired). Although the more and more I think about it, I want 2010 instead of 2011. But we'll see. I probably won't be able to post tomorrow. It's DF's birthday, and we're going SKYDIVING! But I'll try to post sometime tomorrow or early Saturday, just to check in. Don't want anyone worrying that there was a parachute failure, haha.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #25
Pirate's Princess

So skydiving was awesome! I highly recommend it to anyone interested. I got the sample invitation and it looks really nice. Everyone thinks we should definitely do it, because I love Snow White and it IS a disney wedding. I really love the ones I've seen on the boards but I could always make a really awesome DIY one for the STD or perhaps use these as the home reception invitations. Who knows.

I got my first bridal magazine today. I have to check it out for ideas and Bm dresses. Anyone have any good BM dresses. We don't really want strapless or halter tops. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #26
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Ohhh I love dress 1 although I also like the last dress...but I am a bit biased!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #27
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
Isn't the dress just amazing in person? The pictures don't do it justice. And I think it's so funny that Amanda likes dress 7. But it looks WAY better on her. It's way to mature for me (I look like I'm 16, and that dress belongs an a real woman, haha)

Haha I just read this! I thought it looked just beautiful on you!!!

And are you calling me mature???
Old 04-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #28
Jazzylolo
"Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."

I gotta go with Dress 3. When I was at David's Bridal with Amanda I saw that one on a mannequin and fell in love with it. It is even more amazing on. The shape is very flattering on you and I love the gathering of the fabric. That's my vote definitely!!

Jazzylolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #29
Pirate's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Haha I just read this! I thought it looked just beautiful on you!!!

And are you calling me mature???
Well thank you Amanda, but it was a little too much ****ies for me, haha now I REALLY sound mature. I still get asked for my hall pass at work sometimes. I really like it, but it was too womanly for me. Plus I rarely show skin and am more of a shirt and jeans kinda of girl. It looked amazing on you though. It was meant for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzylolo View Post
I gotta go with Dress 3. When I was at David's Bridal with Amanda I saw that one on a mannequin and fell in love with it. It is even more amazing on. The shape is very flattering on you and I love the gathering of the fabric. That's my vote definitely!!
Thank you!! It was truly wonderful, but it was really heavy. Plus a little cleavage-y. It was a really nice dress but not my favorite.

I loved dress 5, but I felt like everyone gets a dress like that. Plus the lacing would be a HUGE pain in the butt and I don't think I could sit down in it.

I think I'm going with dress 6 as of now. I had seen it online and fell in love with it. It has straps, which I initially wanted, and it's revealing but not too much. It felt princessy but more of jasmine or snow white, and less belle and cinderella.

I appreciate everyone's votes and I'd still love more! I'm impressed dress 4 got so many votes. It was really lovely but felt a little much like a nightgown. I wanted a poofy dress, but only slightly poofy, which dress 6 was.

And plus can't have 7, that's Amanda's dress.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #30
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Haha I love the you got filtered!!!

I think dress 6 is a great choice. And you could have picked dress 7...we would have been dress twins!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: