Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #91
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
oh I do love to egg you on. But my report is almost finished, just the flights home now and that is just so sad!
Egg me on all want. I should warn you though Jedi is taking baseball this year and I've been working with him on his batting which means my pitching is getting better.

Don't be sad about ending your report. You have another trip to look forward to soon. Your first DVC trip. So far from Queenofallthings pre-trippie is sounds pretty action packed. By the by-Don't tell her but I'm so proud of her for getting online and running with her pre-trip. Just makes me want to burst. Of course, I try not to say nice things about her so let's just keep this between the two of us shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
So I'm reading your last installment and I'm thinking "how in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is her head not exploding holding all that in?!" I'm telling you, you are WAY more patient than I am! I'm glad you finally got on the road and I hope you REALLY enjoyed that surprise coffee I'm always surprised at how much cheaper Tim's is compared to Starbucks - I went to Tim's this evening to get English toffee coffee for me, a mocha for dh and a hot chocolate for ds#2 (so we didn't freeze to death watching ds#1's baseball game LOL) and the total was only just over $5.00!

Can't wait for the next update!
Hey, I was writing the update as you were posting. This will be our first year with baseball. Jedi(DS6) is having a go at it. I used to splurge on Hot chocolate when I was watching Jedi and Cindy's (DD8) Hockey games. Baseball has to be warmer doesn't it? I know it's out in the elements but I'm afraid I will be a sit in the car parent when it's raining. I prefer Dance and Piano. They are warm and inside. I'm leaving baseball to Dh.

Dh found out that Tim Horton's gives the little guys free hot chocolate and tim bits after a practise (cause he was just in the drills section. They didn't have any games). Don't you know that Dh made Jedi get the hot chocolate and tim bits even if he didn't want them. Next year Jedi will be in novice Hockey and will be too old for the free stuff. Hope Dh has warned Jedi because he's gotten used to going there after Hockey.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 05-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #92
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Yeah for getting across the border hassle free....Boo for not getting to Target

I thought of you this past weekend when we went into Target....both Jasmine and I said "I wonder if Jewel got here when they were on their way to Disney"? We spent a considerable amount of time in the travel items section, I do love that section, it makes me smile

Great report so far, can't wait for more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #93
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
“How do you know how late they are open to?” I asked.

He just shrugged and continued smiling.

We bantered back and forth teasing each other until we…

I think I will just leave you guessing what became of that conversation. The imagination is a wondrous thing.
Naughty, naughty boy

Quote:
Dh on the other hand prefers “talk radio”. He especially enjoys the show “Leaf Lunch”. As you can probably infer from the name it is an hour-long program at lunchtime devoted exclusively to the Maple Leaf Hockey Team. He will listen to podcasts of it.
Hockey - blech (oh, I'm such a bad Canadian )

Quote:
There are three bridges you can take to cross into the States. We opted for Queenston-Lewiston. It’s usually the busiest but since it was almost 11pm I figured we were safe. We pull into the Duty Free. We decide to get the double pack of Baileys. It’s got two bottles (in a lovely clear beach bag) for $40 Canadian.
Ooooh, Bailey's and at duty-free prices too!

Quote:
It wasn’t busy.

Score!

Quote:
We made it through.
Whew!

Quote:
No Target for me. Sigh.

Quote:
Inside it is a tigger duotang with our flight and tonights hotel information as well as mapquest to and from the airport and hotel and a piglet duotang for our Disney Hotel and magic express information. I also have turqoise lined notebook I use as my journal to write down each day as it happens and a purple disney photo album that has become my Disney Bible. It might have been meant to be a photo album at one time but had been used as my Disney Bible for all our trips. It holds all my print outs from Tour Guide Mike, our daily plans and possible back up plans as well as sample touring pocket guides from the Unofficial Guide.
You are SO organized!

Quote:
“A coupon eh.” Dh said mischievously with more than a twinkle in his eye. “That’s my kind of girl. Why don’t you bring your coupons and such over here where I can see them better” he suggested patting the bed beside him.
Yep, sounds like my dh I guess it's a good thing that this continues to happen even after 15.5 years of marriage, right? Way to delay him though!

Can't wait for the next update!
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 05-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #94
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Baseball has to be warmer doesn't it?
Um ... sure, yep, way warmer, yep, sure it is

Quote:
Dh found out that Tim Horton's gives the little guys free hot chocolate and tim bits after a practise (cause he was just in the drills section. They didn't have any games). Don't you know that Dh made Jedi get the hot chocolate and tim bits even if he didn't want them. Next year Jedi will be in novice Hockey and will be too old for the free stuff. Hope Dh has warned Jedi because he's gotten used to going there after Hockey.
I didn't know that! I'll bet my two are too old for that deal though Your dh's frugal ways make me giggle - there are certainly similarities with my dh
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 05-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #95
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Just got caught up on your TR... it's so much fun to read! I feel like I'm right there with you guys.

Glad your border agent turned out to be a nice one. Love when that happens. Boo for no Target... you'll have to buy even MORE once you finally get there!

I love that you were skipping. That made me smile.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #96
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

LOVED the update, too funny! Adult toys, Border crossings, Tigger folders, oh my!!
ETA: I want a Vera bag, too. You see so many pretty ones at WDW!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #97
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
LOVED the update, too funny! Adult toys, Border crossings, Tigger folders, oh my!!

What's a Vera bag I'm thinking I need one though.....
Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #98
tinkerbell3747
DIS Veteran

I am joining in! Just got all caught up and I am ready for more.....
Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #99
DearDaisyinDurham

Wink We Heart Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Isn't it CraZy what we see on the Dis! That we never knew we needed!! Let me know what patterns you all like!!!!

http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Stor...aspx?dept=400&
Old 05-21-2009, 02:27 AM   #100
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

Excellent read, as usual! I LoLed in real life at the part about the adult store.

Your husband makes me laugh. I thought I was the only one who really listened to lyrics in music. I too end up questioning the wording and when I go and look up what exactly the words mean, I end up in for a big surprise!

Like when Christina Aguilera and 3 other singers remade the song Lady Marmalade, I was really into the song but there was one lyric - "voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?"

I had no idea what it meant and so I looked it up and boy was I surprised!

I can't wait to read more!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #101
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Hockey - blech (oh, I'm such a bad Canadian )

Shh! Don't tell anyone. They might kick you out of the country!

You are SO organized!

Right back at you Ms. Iwatchedtheflightseverydayforlikesixmonths!

Yep, sounds like my dh I guess it's a good thing that this continues to happen even after 15.5 years of marriage, right? Way to delay him though!

You beat us. We'll be 13 years in June.
Quote:
I didn't know that! I'll bet my two are too old for that deal though Your dh's frugal ways make me giggle - there are certainly similarities with my dh

If I don't laugh about it I'd cry.

Tim Hortons sponsers many "Timbits" teams. They are usually the starter age group so your kids are probably too old now. If they have a team shirt that says Timbits then they are entitled to the free hot chocolate (or small cold drink in the case of soccer) and timbit after their game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Just got caught up on your TR... it's so much fun to read! I feel like I'm right there with you guys.

Thanks! Enjoying yours too. I was just showing one of the kids your pictures of the family suite and ASMu pool last night.

Glad your border agent turned out to be a nice one. Love when that happens. Boo for no Target... you'll have to buy even MORE once you finally get there!

I should have mentioned the need to buy more next time to Dh. That might have hurried him up.

I love that you were skipping. That made me smile.

I can't believe how many times I skipped this trip.
Quote:
I have a big carryall bag that looks like a Vera bag. I almost bought one March break in the states but I wasn't fond of the only pattern they had in the style I wanted. Next year though.

Thanks for the link!

I love your new Signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Did you ask Jasmine if she knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell3747 View Post
I am joining in! Just got all caught up and I am ready for more.....
Glad you could be with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
Excellent read, as usual! I LoLed in real life at the part about the adult store.

Wasn't sure if I should put that part in or not.

Your husband makes me laugh. I thought I was the only one who really listened to lyrics in music. I too end up questioning the wording and when I go and look up what exactly the words mean, I end up in for a big surprise!

Like when Christina Aguilera and 3 other singers remade the song Lady Marmalade, I was really into the song but there was one lyric - "voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?"

I had no idea what it meant and so I looked it up and boy was I surprised!

I used to teach French so I was familiar with that particular song and it's lyrics.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #102
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Isn't it CraZy what we see on the Dis! That we never knew we needed!! Let me know what patterns you all like!!!!

http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Stor...aspx?dept=400&
What would I do without my Dis friends I am going to look and let you know which ones I like!!!! Thank you for the link
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #103
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I will ask Jasmine if she knows what a Vera bag is....won't I feel like a fool if she does She was after me for a Louis Vuitton bag last year for Christmas....yeah....cause I'm going to buy a 16year old an LV bag:rotfl
Old 05-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #104
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

Vera Bradley...and Coach are my FAVORITE bags! I just recently bought a Coach Hipster for vacation...and also the Vera Bradley Miller Bag for my carry on! I'm so pumped!!!! I'm a bag junky!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #105
DearDaisyinDurham

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
Vera Bradley...and Coach are my FAVORITE bags! I just recently bought a Coach Hipster for vacation...and also the Vera Bradley Miller Bag for my carry on! I'm so pumped!!!! I'm a bag junky!
you are so an enabler!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: