Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #61
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Oh my $$ is on you to make it to Target!!!

Your parents are wonderful, it must have been fun for them to share that time with the kids.

Waiting to read more!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #62
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Cool you started your TR. I am 14 days (after midnight anyway lol) away from leaving and I am not even close to being as organized as you are. Hope you get to Target (did not know that it was only in America)

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #63
mollyseven
DIS Veteran

That is so funny about your whole plan and then it going out the window....well only so far I hope. It works the same way for me although the plans are usually just in our heads and not told to others so the others aren't aware of any plan and totally don't understand why we get upset......I always have a plan that is usually messed up. Hubby and I are going away next weekend and hubby just thinks we are going to a resort and going treetop trekking .... he has no idea of the minute by minute plans that are in my head.....trouble.!!
Can't wait to hear details of the disney days.....the photo's are great by the way...laying by the pool with a drink!! heaven.

May 2006 Pop Century.......January 2007 CBR.......January 2008....CBR No kids!!!!
March 2008 POR..10 days!!.....Christmas 2008 CSR grand gathering !!!
March 2010 POFQ Italy summer 2010 Universal Hard Rock Dec. 2010
Dolphin Resort April 2011 Star Wars Weekend May 2011
Christmas 2012 CBR Jan. 30/2014 Riverside!!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #64
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

You know how when you've just finished a Disney trip and don't know when your next one will be how disapointed you feel?

I've been feeling this way.

Dh said we could go again in 2011 when our extended family were planning to go. I'm all for that. It's just that it seems like a looong time.

So just recently I've discovered that the diamond clan might be heading back to WDW earlier than that. We are switching Dance studios and the one we're looking into will be going to a competition in WDW in July 2010.

Is it wrong to pick a dance studio based on a possible dance competition in WDW?

I suppose since we haven't even signed up yet and I haven't mentioned it to Dh yet that it's too early to insert a ticker in signature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
Doesn't sound like things got off to the greatest start! I hope things get better in the next post
Actually for travelling with Dh this start wasn't bad. He is never on time for anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
Oh my $$ is on you to make it to Target!!!

Your parents are wonderful, it must have been fun for them to share that time with the kids.

Waiting to read more!!!
You'll have to wait and see if I make it to Target or not. Yes, my parents are great and had been looking forward to an extended stay with the kids. They came loaded with sugary snack food and plans to have a "stay up all night" night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
Cool you started your TR. I am 14 days (after midnight anyway lol) away from leaving and I am not even close to being as organized as you are. Hope you get to Target (did not know that it was only in America)
Sadly Target is not in Canada yet. We have a department store called zeller's that carries some of their lines but it is not the same thing.

I bet you're more organized than you think. I certainly didn't feel organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyseven View Post
That is so funny about your whole plan and then it going out the window....well only so far I hope. It works the same way for me although the plans are usually just in our heads and not told to others so the others aren't aware of any plan and totally don't understand why we get upset......I always have a plan that is usually messed up. Hubby and I are going away next weekend and hubby just thinks we are going to a resort and going treetop trekking .... he has no idea of the minute by minute plans that are in my head.....trouble.!!
Can't wait to hear details of the disney days.....the photo's are great by the way...laying by the pool with a drink!! heaven.
I always have a plan in my head and contingency plans as well. Some of them are just too detailed to explain to anyone. Could be why I love being a teacher. I get to plan and be in charge all the time. Of course the fact that I love kids, love breaking into song and wearing seasonally decorated clothing helps.

You've seen the sneak peak of the photo's on facebook. No more spilling secrets!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #65
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

You have pictures on Facebook! Can you PM me? I want to see!!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #66
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I completely know how you feel....when we get home I am so depressed and think.....is it too early to start planning for next year?

I'm not sure what's happening for us after the trip this summer, Jasmine really needs to get a job and she is going into grade 12 in the fall so we have University to think of too.....keeping in mind I think I may have spent her education fund on WDW trips

Can't wait for more
Old 05-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #67
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

Update please? I am anxiously waiting...
Old 05-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #68
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I completely know how you feel....when we get home I am so depressed and think.....is it too early to start planning for next year?

I'm not sure what's happening for us after the trip this summer, Jasmine really needs to get a job and she is going into grade 12 in the fall so we have University to think of too.....keeping in mind I think I may have spent her education fund on WDW trips

Can't wait for more
I can't believe someone as fabulous looking as you has an almost University age daughter. It's just not possible.

Where is she (you) thinking of for next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo32 View Post
Update please? I am anxiously waiting...
You'll be waiting for a while. It was a short trip and since I don't know when my next one will be I have decided to try and stretch this trip report out to a maximum of two updates a week. I don't work Mondays and Wednesdays so look for updates then.

Okay I have an idea when my next one might be but nothing is for sure yet. I mentioned above that we might switch dance studios and then go to a dance competition at WDW in early July. There are plans rolling around in my head. Such as, the dance competition is off site. Would we stay offsite to be close to the competition and then move to onsite later? You all have no idea how annoying Dh is during dance competitions. He forgets that he is the lowest on the totem pole and drives us all crazy. So maybe I could convince Nanny to come down with me for the dance competition with Eeoyre, Cindy and I and then Dh, Jedi and Poppa can arrive later when we switch to onsite. Then again I promised the kids that next time we go we would stay at the Nick Hotel. So I have to look into that to. But I really haven't given it much thought.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #69
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Okay I have an idea when my next one might be but nothing is for sure yet. I mentioned above that we might switch dance studios and then go to a dance competition at WDW in early July. There are plans rolling around in my head. Such as, the dance competition is off site. Would we stay offsite to be close to the competition and then move to onsite later? You all have no idea how annoying Dh is during dance competitions. He forgets that he is the lowest on the totem pole and drives us all crazy. So maybe I could convince Nanny to come down with me for the dance competition with Eeoyre, Cindy and I and then Dh, Jedi and Poppa can arrive later when we switch to onsite. Then again I promised the kids that next time we go we would stay at the Nick Hotel. So I have to look into that to. But I really haven't given it much thought.
LOL!!! Why do you think that Aisling is still in dance lessons??? Our studio goes to Disney every 3-4 years. They went last year so I figure by the time they go again, Aisling will be in the "big girl" classes and be able to go
Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #70
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Ok, how sweet are you? Oh by the way loved your last reply to Peg, I was killing myself laughing, I couldn't wait until Jasmine got home to show her.

I honestly don't know if we will get there next year....just typing that makes me a little nausceousI would love to surprise Jasmine with a cruise for her graduation, but honestly, don't know if I can afford it

Maybe the year after Peg and Geodoc will let us tag along again,.....I can be the nanny!!!! Unfortunately we did traumatize Snow last year on the flight so she never wants to fly with us again.....I really think this is why Peg and family are flying down 2 days before us

I don't blame you for stretching it out....I would do the same thing

I started a pre-trip for August....I didn't think I would but now that I got into the techno age and have the internet at home, it's much easier than trying to get to Peg's on the weekend
Old 05-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #71
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Hey!!! I am here, better late than never!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #72
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Ok, how sweet are you? Oh by the way loved your last reply to Peg, I was killing myself laughing, I couldn't wait until Jasmine got home to show her.

I honestly don't know if we will get there next year....just typing that makes me a little nausceousI would love to surprise Jasmine with a cruise for her graduation, but honestly, don't know if I can afford it

Maybe the year after Peg and Geodoc will let us tag along again,.....I can be the nanny!!!! Unfortunately we did traumatize Snow last year on the flight so she never wants to fly with us again.....I really think this is why Peg and family are flying down 2 days before us

I don't blame you for stretching it out....I would do the same thing

I started a pre-trip for August....I didn't think I would but now that I got into the techno age and have the internet at home, it's much easier than trying to get to Peg's on the weekend
I popped over already.

I have made a vow never to fly with you either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hey!!! I am here, better late than never!!!
Glad to see you! And you're not late. The drinking hasn't even started yet.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #73
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

Hey, newbie here. Just wanted to tell you I really REALLY enjoyed your other 2 TRs. In fact your TR was one of the TRs that inspired me to create and account and write one of my own reports. I liked how you not only wrote about the good times but you wrote about the...not so good times as well. Although there are a lot of enjoyable TRs on here, the ones that mention the not so good times are more entertaining. I can't wait to hear about your short trip with your husband!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #74
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
Hey, newbie here. Just wanted to tell you I really REALLY enjoyed your other 2 TRs. In fact your TR was one of the TRs that inspired me to create and account and write one of my own reports. I liked how you not only wrote about the good times but you wrote about the...not so good times as well. Although there are a lot of enjoyable TRs on here, the ones that mention the not so good times are more entertaining. I can't wait to hear about your short trip with your husband!
Welcome. Thanks for the lovely comments. The human mind is amazing. It seems I'm the only one in the family that remembers the meltdowns.

Absolutely love your TR title. It caught my attention.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: