Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #151
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

Love the update! I hate surprises....so hurry and finish
Old 06-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #152
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I know I know what he was up to!!! Facebook ruins everything doesn't it?!?! How the heck did you get to the castle in time from AKL. You guys must be some fast showerers!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #153
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

I just love your writing style and I am here for the rest of the report... loving it so far!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #154
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Personal life update

Just finished all my report cards! Woo-Hoo! It's a great feeling!

Here is me doing my freedom dance. Three more days and I'm out for the summer!

It's been a great class and I will miss the little guys next year. Not sure what I'm teaching next year yet. I know I've got a job at my current school but still waiting to hear exactly where I fit in. I know it's not in a classroom of my own.

Took Eeoyre DS10 to try out for the broadway show Billy Elliot on the weekend. They were holding open auditions in Toronto. It was a great experience for him to dance with all those other boys. He said it was like so you think you can dance. They taught them (20 boys ages 9-12) a hip hop routine and then had the boys perform it in groups of four. He was also there for the tap routine but then his time was up and he was excused.

Overall it was a great experience and he was glad to have tried it. We were interviewed for the Globe and Mail a toronto based national newpaper but it were only mentioned as a "boy from Port Hope". Eeoyre DS10 knew two other boys from his national ballet school experience. I never mentioned to the interviewers that Eeoyre went to that school too. However, the other two boys were named in the interview so I guess I should have.

Afterwards I took Eeoyre to the Eaton Centre (a big downtown mall located on Toronto's version of time's square) to buy some new clothes. He has recently discovered "Hollister" and "Abercrombie" and the like. So we just HAD to get some T-shirts. And so it begins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
Love the update! I hate surprises....so hurry and finish
On my honour I promise as a minimum to provide weekly updates. Maybe more over some weeks but since I have no trips planned yet I'd like to stretch this report out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I know I know what he was up to!!! Facebook ruins everything doesn't it?!?! How the heck did you get to the castle in time from AKL. You guys must be some fast showerers!!!

SH!

Which coincidently is the phonic sound I just covered in my kindergarten class yesterday. We spent the day singing lullabys. It was lovely and quiet.

Yes, we showered and drank our drinks as fast as possible. It helped that the bus was right there and our hotel room was right by the stairs. We were late but not by much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post
I just love your writing style and I am here for the rest of the report... loving it so far!!!!
Welcome back! It's nice to see you back!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 06-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #156
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here and off to catch up!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #157
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Whew, that was a great update, both WDW and life!

I wonder what your dh is up to I bet it's something good! How fun to spend your birthday dinner at Cindy's castle!!!!

Oh, I know what you mean about them not taking our DIS-informed knowledge at face value! Dh did that last trip - he just wandered up to CP and said "let's just eat here for lunch" to me; I told him that there is no way we would get in without an ADR; he said that was ridiculous; he went up to the podium and the CM (who was probably laughing inside) told him that he was SOL; I stood there watching him and laughing (which made my boys laugh lol); he came back and acted all surprised that we couldn't get in for lunch. Boy, that was funny He cut back on not believing my DIS knowledge after that though

Woohoooo for no more report cards and I'm glad you and Eeyore had an enjoyable day in TO
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 06-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #158
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Hi Diamond, another Jewel of an update,
a gem of an update, and the PhotoPass pictures are so good!!

I think LM thinks I'm losing it a bit when I do the hand squeezing so much at Disney....but hey, I could be screaming, "We're Here!" or "There's the CASTLE!!!" ... so really he should be happy it's just a hand squeeze and no one gets alarmed

Best place for a birthday dinner that I can think of, hands down!!

Ummm.....loving one minute, loathing the next, yes, so true...we do love 'em but they still drive us crazy at times! Especially when they don't believe that we know what we're talking about! WE KNOW! What we're talking about! WE are the ONES always talking about it, aren't we???

Glad Eeyore had the opportunity to go through the audition process for BE ... and I enjoy Eaton's! Even better now that there's a Chipolte so close by!!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #159
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great day in TO Hollister and Abercrombie....too bad he's not a girl, it's the only cloths jasmine wears, I could have shipped them to you when she is through with them We have to travel all the way to Fargo to shop in those stores......not a hardship for the mama.....I get to go through Super Target, clearly how bad can that be???
Old 06-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #160
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I knew it would it would be the castle! I mean really...where else would a girl go who loves Disney as much as you do? I can't wait to find out the surprise because I believe there is a surprise involved. I haven't checked out facebook because I want to be surprised. Men...that's all I can say...Men!
Love the photopass pictures!

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 AM   #161
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

What is he up to?

Can't wait for the next installment.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #162
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Been away for the weekend at the cottage. Totally burnt and bitten to death. Even took the kids out of school for the day so we could spend the Monday at the cottage too(ah the perks of part-time work, the downside is the part-time paycheck!). Cindy(DD8) and Jedi (DS6) were thrilled to miss school but not poor Eeoyre(DS10). He cried when he heard he was missing a day of school. I guess he really is in those "tween" years now where his friends mean more to him than his family. Sigh...

Somehow we managed to have a good time. The weather was lovely even if the bugs were plentiful. I took the paddle boat out for the first time this year
only to realize that we forgot to put the rudder back on. Cindy (DD8), Jedi (DS6) and I got stuck out on the lake.

I thought it wasn't steering very well but I figured it was because the pedelling was so one-sided that we were going off course. Plus I let Cindy steer so I wasn't really paying any attention until it was too late.

Dh had to rescue us. My hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh, you love to torture us! I am very impressed you made it though! Good for you!!
I was going to make it to the castle come rain, sleet, snow or hail. NOTHING was going to stop me from making it there.

Actually I remember reading about you and Marc going for dinner there one night. It was one of the reports about it that made me rethink my opinion about it. I had always written off the castle as too much money (or dinner credits) to be worth it. But your report made it seem very appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here and off to catch up!

Loving your report.

Thrilled you've stopped by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Whew, that was a great update, both WDW and life!

I wonder what your dh is up to I bet it's something good! How fun to spend your birthday dinner at Cindy's castle!!!!

Oh, I know what you mean about them not taking our DIS-informed knowledge at face value! Dh did that last trip - he just wandered up to CP and said "let's just eat here for lunch" to me; I told him that there is no way we would get in without an ADR; he said that was ridiculous; he went up to the podium and the CM (who was probably laughing inside) told him that he was SOL; I stood there watching him and laughing (which made my boys laugh lol); he came back and acted all surprised that we couldn't get in for lunch. Boy, that was funny He cut back on not believing my DIS knowledge after that though

Woohoooo for no more report cards and I'm glad you and Eeyore had an enjoyable day in TO
It's good you can laugh about it when your Dh questions your disney knowledge.

I actually thought about making a bet with him about it. Something along the lines of everything he feels the need to double check my answers to a Disney related question and I am indeed right that he owes me a five minute massage... or jewelry... or a dinner out... or perhaps a jewelry followed by dinner and topped off with a massage. Think he'll go for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
Hi Diamond, another Jewel of an update,
a gem of an update, and the PhotoPass pictures are so good!!

I think LM thinks I'm losing it a bit when I do the hand squeezing so much at Disney....but hey, I could be screaming, "We're Here!" or "There's the CASTLE!!!" ... so really he should be happy it's just a hand squeeze and no one gets alarmed

Best place for a birthday dinner that I can think of, hands down!!

Ummm.....loving one minute, loathing the next, yes, so true...we do love 'em but they still drive us crazy at times! Especially when they don't believe that we know what we're talking about! WE KNOW! What we're talking about! WE are the ONES always talking about it, aren't we???

Glad Eeyore had the opportunity to go through the audition process for BE ... and I enjoy Eaton's! Even better now that there's a Chipolte so close by!!
So you're a fellow hand squeezer too. Glad I'm not the only one.

Okay now what is Chipolte's? I didn't notice it when we were there but we were really quick. Eeoyre doesn't like to shop. We ran into the mall, looked at the map, located the store we wanted, ran to the store, went straight to the sale rack, grabbed whatever was size XS and immediatly got in line. There was no fussing around and no chance for me to look around as I mentioned earlier Eeoyre doesn't like shopping and I had only paid for street parking for an hour. We hit three stores and the bathroom and hit the road all under an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Sounds like you had a great day in TO Hollister and Abercrombie....too bad he's not a girl, it's the only cloths jasmine wears, I could have shipped them to you when she is through with them We have to travel all the way to Fargo to shop in those stores......not a hardship for the mama.....I get to go through Super Target, clearly how bad can that be???
Okay since you have the background on the Abercrombie thing, tell me this. What's the difference between abercrombie and Fitch (Finch? I don't know) and plain old abercrombie? What is an abercrombie? For that matter what is a Hollister? Inquiring minds need to know. I need help from an experienced teen mother. I'm just hitting the tweens. Spread the knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
I knew it would it would be the castle! I mean really...where else would a girl go who loves Disney as much as you do? I can't wait to find out the surprise because I believe there is a surprise involved. I haven't checked out facebook because I want to be surprised. Men...that's all I can say...Men!
Love the photopass pictures!
I loved answering everyone's question on how I was going to spend my 40th birthday with "I'm going to Disney world and having dinner in the castle". Cinderella's castle really is the quentisental (I have no idea how to spell that. Sorry!) Disney World icon and everyone knew or understood where I was going even if they didn't understand why I would want to go there. I mean you all get it here on the boards but, "they" (the people not on the boards) don't always understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo32 View Post
What is he up to?

Can't wait for the next installment.

You'll have to wait and see but I'll give you a hint. He did good. Later he drove me crazy yet again. But coming up real soon, you'll see. He did good.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 06-23-2009, 03:01 AM   #163
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

Just WHAT is it will 10 year old boys? I have three boys (10, almost 9, and 4) and like you said, only the oldest would cry if I told them no school? What happened? Luckily he isn't brand savvy (and if he were, too bad) but he is much pickier about what he is wearing these days. Those in the know... please dish!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #164
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Your weekend away sounds lovely! Don't worry -- tween girls are the same -- my Chelsea hates missing school, but Connor would stay home all the time if he could. Go figure!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #165
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a fabulous time at the cottage this weekend, too bad about the bugs, the mosquitos are plentiful here right now, but manageable during the day, the evenings....not so good

I almost spit out my coffee when I read about the paddleboat....why do these things happen to us??

I don't think there is a difference between Abercrombie and Abercrombie and Fitch...but maybe our American friends can set us straight Jasmine started shopping at Aeropostale when she was Eeyore's age, then progressed to Hollister and finally onto Abercrombie. She very rarely shops at Aeropostale anymore, however, she did buy Thomas a really nice polo from there last time we were down in Fargo Good enough for her boyfriend, but not her. She also picked him up a polo at A & F, she, believe it or not found nothing on our last day trip I was shocked, she is 16 afterall.

We are at 46 days and counting, can you believe it?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: