Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #136
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

I. Need. Cookie Crisp. I am so getting some on our way home from Buffalo!

I can sympathize with you on your NBS decision... my mom had HUGE issues with sending me away and at the time, I was even older than your son! How does he feel about going to a residency program? I have a lot of friends who went to NBS and some of them absolutely loved it and others found the program extremely... competitive, I think, would put it nicely. But I think it's a whole different dynamic for girls than boys. A lot more competition there. But still, it's such an amazing opportunity, one of (if not THE) best ballet schools in the country! The world of ballet is such a tricky one.

Ahhhhh the Disney sign. I miss that sight already and it's been a month!

Can't wait to hear about your birthday dinner. I'm going to guess... Jiko maybe?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #137
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo32 View Post
LOVE Jetblue!

Deluxe resort lines DO move faster. On my first trip w/ Joe to WDW (his first ever) they didn't play the video! BUMMER...totally didn't get me psyched for the week I had spent months planning for! Second go around, we got it though!

So lucky! AKL!
I know everyone raves about southwest but IMO Jetblue rocks too!

I remember you writing about not getting the video because that was the first time I had realized that going on a plain old mears bus can happen.

You'll get my opinion on AKL next chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Ok, I will give you that, you are faster than Peg, as am I, but I think it's because I don't have little ones anymore. Most evenings Jasmine is out with friends or studying, so really what else do I have to do

That was for Peg!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
Oh aren't you sweet trying to butter me up! Remeber it's my birthday next week, I'll be expecting a lrger than normal gift for all the ribbing I've been taking.
GIRLS, GIRLS! Be nice now.

Happy Birthday Peg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
I. Need. Cookie Crisp. I am so getting some on our way home from Buffalo!

I can sympathize with you on your NBS decision... my mom had HUGE issues with sending me away and at the time, I was even older than your son! How does he feel about going to a residency program? I have a lot of friends who went to NBS and some of them absolutely loved it and others found the program extremely... competitive, I think, would put it nicely. But I think it's a whole different dynamic for girls than boys. A lot more competition there. But still, it's such an amazing opportunity, one of (if not THE) best ballet schools in the country! The world of ballet is such a tricky one.

Ahhhhh the Disney sign. I miss that sight already and it's been a month!

Can't wait to hear about your birthday dinner. I'm going to guess... Jiko maybe?
My kids love having tiny choc chip cookies for breakfast. I did mention that it is a "treat" for them. It's usually just a holiday/weekend/at the cottage breakfast. Then again toaster strudels were on sale this week and Dh caved and bought them for them. At least he made them have a glass of milk and some fruit with them this morning but it just felt wrong sending them off to school with a blue mouth. Did I mention I work part-time at their school?

The NBS is a huge issue at our house. I guess we will just have to wait and see if they even want Eeoyre. Speaking of dance, I'm taking Eeoyre to audition for Billy Elliot. They are holding open auditions in Toronto for the broadway production. Not that I expect he will get it but, it will be neat for him to see all these talented guys his age.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #138
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Friday April 24, 2009 Check out our room!

The Plan
Flight arrival 2:40pm in Orlando
Pick up own luggage, take magic express
Check in at AKL
Grab birthday gift card at park.
Dinner ADR at 5:45 at the park.

If you are doing the Math you will notice that I didn’t leave a lot of time to get to the restaurant.

I was worried we wouldn’t make it for dinner but when I made my ADR’s this was the latest time I could get. I was worried sick about making it on time for months.

Anyhow, back to the Trip report, when I last left you Dh and I were on the Mear’s bus borrowed by magic express and we had just pulled up to AKL.

I was too busy working out a strategy with Dh to really enjoy my first glance at the resort. I took a picture of it but figured I would have time to enjoy the view later. However in hindsight a three-night stay at a WDW resort does not afford a lot of time for “later”. This lack of time was a re-occurring theme for the weekend. It upset both of us for different reasons. Me, because I wanted to do and see more and Dh because he felt there wasn’t enough time to lounge around and be lazy.

Here's my picture of the Resort.

“So you grab the luggage and I’m going to run ahead to get in line to check us in” I told him. I knew that there were four or five families getting off here and I wanted to be first in line.

I didn’t do the Internet pre-check-in. I thought it would be nicer to chat with the CM on the desk and have everything explained to me since I hadn’t been to AKL before. I thought how much time could it really save?

I crumpled a couple of dollars into Dh’s hand as a tip for the driver. He gave me a puzzled look so I had to explain to him what it was for.

“You’re kidding right? The guy moves my suitcase two feet and I’m gonna give him money?” He rolled his eyes.

“My Vacation Honey. Remember? You’re here to go along for the ride. We’re at a deluxe resort and we WILL tip.” There was a veiled threat behind my words. He got it. He didn’t like it but he got it.

I always tip. I just do it without Dh noticing. Maybe he does notice or maybe he doesn’t. It doesn’t really matter. I’m not hiding it from him. I just know it is my job to tip and it’s best if I don’t bring attention to it. It’s just like when we go shopping and he walks away at the cash leaving me to pay the bills. The money all comes out of the same pockets but it’s just easier for Dh to enjoy being on vacation if he doesn’t physically see the bills till later.

I hightail it to the check in. I beat everyone from my bus. Not that it was a race. But still I won.

There are already three families waiting in line. There is one person waiting at the online check in. There are two CM’s serving the online registration people and one CM serving the “in person” check-in people. That just seemed wrong somehow to me.

The first time I look at my watch it reads 4:15.

It wasn’t actually my watch. I borrowed Eeoyres (DS10). I was planning on using my Disney Birthday gift card to buy myself a new one.

Since I had some time to wait I started to look around the lobby. My first impressions were that it was very dark. Coming in from the bright sunlight made it seem even darker. It took some time for my eyes to adjust. It was a good thing that the signage for the check-in was yellow and easy to spot in the dark.

My eyes were immediately drawn to the ceiling of the lobby. It must be four stories tall. I thought the lobby was very majestic with the dark woods and the high ceilings and yet still very comfortable. Not stuffy like the Grand Floridian.

Dh hates the Grand Floridian. He feels on edge there. But he quite enjoyed AKL.

Speaking of Dh, he showed up with the luggage and waited in line with me for a while. After a few minutes he couldn’t take it anymore and was chomping at the bit to start exploring. So he left.

He would check back in with me full of excitement saying, “Wait till you see this or that”. So it was clear he was fascinated and happy with our choice of lodging.

In the meantime I was getting pretty inpatient. I thought that once the online people had checked in that the CM’s would turn their attention us “in person” registration people. I just assumed that would be the case. Of course you know the old saying about what happens when you assume. It makes an as* out of you and me.

I was wrong. The online CM’s did not help us. They conferenced together. I suppose they could have been talking about work related items but since it was getting close to 4:30 now and my line hadn’t moved at all I was getting frantic. There were still three families in front of me. If it took over 15 minutes to check one family in then I was never going to make my ADR on time.

I knew I needed to check in first to get my keys to the kingdom card so I could get into the park otherwise I would have just stored my stuff with luggage services and took off.

I know the Disney restaurants will still seat you late but how late? I was starting to worry.

I sent pleading messages with my eyes to conferencing CM’s.

I sighed loud enough for all to hear me.

I resorted to toe tapping and checking my watch every few seconds.

Finally the CM’s stopped their conference. They called over a family in the front of our line. Then another. My luck was turning. A new CM emerged from behind the wall. She took another family and then it was my turn.

It was 4:38.

I had waited 23 minutes.

I hoped it was going to be my longest wait this whole trip. Thank goodness I didn’t have the kids running wild around me. I was impatient enough and the kids would have sent me over the edge.

I ended up with the original CM on the desk. In all this time she had only checked in just the one family. I wasn’t feeling too hopeful about getting this process done quickly at this point.

Because I don’t want to seem like a complainer I will just give you the facts. The CM was from New York State. She was chatty. I was to the point. I even mentioned I was in a hurry and that I had my ADR for less than an hour from now. She didn’t register.

“Hmm” she said looking over my paperwork. She kept putting in numbers and repeating “Hmm” in a quizzical tone. She started to worry me.

Then she floored me.

She told me I was at the wrong Disney hotel on the wrong date.

Like I would make a mistake and book my trip on my birthday in the wrong month? I don’t think so.

I told her to look again.

“Hmm” was her reaction. I wanted to strangle this woman every time she said that.

“Could you possible made a mistake and booked the wrong date?” She asked.

“NO” I said.

“I can see if I can find you something now if you would like but you will need to pay in full.”

“Yes, I would like something now and I HAVE paid in full 45 days ago when I was supposed to.” I replied.

“It says here you have only paid the $200 deposit.” She said.

You can imagine my stress level about now. It was a good thing that Dh was away from the desk at this point. He would not be feeling very magical.

At some point during the confusion the CM decided to actually plug in my reservation numbers instead of my name.

Voila! A current reservation paid in full popped up.

“Here we are.” She says.

Then another “Hmm”.

“What name do you go by?” she asks.

We finally get down to the problem.

The CM had been plugging in my Travel Agent's name since her name was on the front of my envelope. My Travel Agent has the same first name as me so when the CM was calling me by my first name all seemed normal. My Travel Agent was planning a trip a few weeks from now and she was looking up her reservation not mine.

So I showed her my passport and all my reservation papers including the receipt that I was paid in full to Disney and got everything straightened out.

I said I wasn’t going to complain but now that I think of it I should have made a call to her supervisor while I was there. Deep down I knew Disney would find a place for me even when she couldn’t find me in the system since I had my paperwork with me but it was still quite stressful.

It was after 5pm when I left her. She had sucked up all my patience. I needed a drink. I didn’t think I could be civil to her long enough to listen to her show me on the map where the food court and other things were. I barely let her tell me where my room was. I needed to break free of her.

She put my name on a birthday button for me and sent us on our way. I had wanted to get my birthday button with "Diamond" written on it but figured it wasn't worth the hassle to try and explain yet another name to her.

Oh I must mention Dh’s surprise. He had talked to our travel agent about possible surprises for my birthday. She suggested he call the resort and request an upgraded room. So he did. Dh called Disney all on his own to request a water view. The stars were in alignment (they must have foreseen my lengthy check-in wait) and we were granted one. He was so pleased with himself. He practically bounced all the way to our room.

I tried to keep positive as we found our way to our assigned room. It was too hard to stay in a negative frame of mind anyway. There is something so exciting about entering your hotel room for the first time. Even a non-Disney hotel room. My Disney bubble started percolating again.

Here is a picture of the resort map. You can see that we were in the main building off to one side. It didn't take us long to get to the food court, the buses, or the pool. I was pretty please with our location.

We arrived at our room. Giraffe Trail room 4008. Both of us stood looking at the door for a few minutes blankly. We’re so used to the kids fighting over who gets to open the door that we have become trained to stop and let someone else open it. We had a laugh over it.

I performed the honor of opening the door for the first time.

Here is our room.

We had a King bed and a lovely even though it was slightly obstructed by foliage view of the pool. I liked it obstructed like that. It made it seem more private.

Here is our balcony view.

The room was a good size but the bathroom was enormous. I think we must have had a wheelchair accessible suite. There were bars along the walls and the doors were wider than normal. Maybe all the AKL rooms are wheelchair assessable? I really didn’t do much research on the actual resort. Surprising I know but I had been so busy with the actual planning of each day that I kept forgetting to look into AKL.

So as I said, the bathroom was huge but I must say the actual décor of the room and the size of the bedroom left me feeling let down. I guess I expected a bit more. It’s nice and all but not overly nice. More of a moderate hotel feeling than a deluxe one in my opinion.

After running to check out the bathroom and the balcony I turned on Stacy and searched in my luggage for my coconut rum and cans of diet coke. I poured myself a drink (Dh had packed himself a couple of cans of beer and opened one too) and started to do a quick unpack.

Time was of the essence so I knew I couldn’t do a full unpacking. I mostly just took out stuff I’d need to turn in once we got back and stuff I needed to freshen up with to get ready for dinner. I wasn’t going to my 40th dinner celebration without making myself look presentable and showering off any airplane residue.

Both Dh and I had a real quick shower and changed into our “dinner wear”. We were out the door in record time.

Where did we go? Here’s your hint. It’s in a park and I’ve never eaten there before.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #139
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Wonderful update! I would have been flipping at that CM. I have problems with my last name with my ADRs because they always spell it wrong even though I give them my confirmation number, then I have ADRs under all different spellings. Very panic inducing!

Looks like you had a great location for your room!

I am dying to know where you ate dinner. I am going to guess Brown Derby. I have no idea if you have eaten there or not before but that is what my gut is saying.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #140
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

Yay! I love the pictures I always want to stay at the AKL with a savannah view of course! Did you feel like it took a long time to get around from there on the buses? It seems so far away from everything! Can't wait to read more!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #141
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Another cliffhanger with with park and restaurant???? I'm thinking that since you actually took the time to shower and change, it's not MK because MK from AKL takes a good 1/2 hour to drive to! So it's got to be one of the closest parks. I'm going with Epcot.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #142
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Great update!! I'd have been biting my tongue big-time with that CM at check-in too The resort pictures are lovely I'm glad you ended up having enough time to get settled in before your dinner!

Oh, I'm going with Epcot and Chefs de France
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 06-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #143
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

I've always wanted to stay at AKL, but am not too sure about the dark, heavy decor.

If it were me with your check-in CM, I would've had a quite a temper...I'm impressed you held your cool. And how silly of her not to plug-in the ressie number after the first two misses with the name! Even you and I would make better CMs.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #144
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Wonderful update! I would have been flipping at that CM. I have problems with my last name with my ADRs because they always spell it wrong even though I give them my confirmation number, then I have ADRs under all different spellings. Very panic inducing!

Looks like you had a great location for your room!

I am dying to know where you ate dinner. I am going to guess Brown Derby. I have no idea if you have eaten there or not before but that is what my gut is saying.
I had some choice words to say to the lady but instead I choose to be a lady.

I thought it was a great room location. Very close and convient. Dh and I took the stairs lots of time and could get to the bus stop in a couple minutes time.

I remember reading about your dinner at Brown Derby and I admit I went straight to the menu after that and looked up possible choices. You made it seem very appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
Yay! I love the pictures I always want to stay at the AKL with a savannah view of course! Did you feel like it took a long time to get around from there on the buses? It seems so far away from everything! Can't wait to read more!
It was hard not to run around and check out the resort right then and there. I've already mentioned how excited Dh was.

We stayed at the Allstars before so the buses didn't seem all that much farther. Besides we didn't have the kids so the bus rides were much more tolerable. I suppose if I had ever stayed at one of the monorail resorts I might have found the commute too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Another cliffhanger with with park and restaurant???? I'm thinking that since you actually took the time to shower and change, it's not MK because MK from AKL takes a good 1/2 hour to drive to! So it's got to be one of the closest parks. I'm going with Epcot.
You know I love my cliffhangers.

Congrats about the new house and good luck packing! That can be a huge nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Great update!! I'd have been biting my tongue big-time with that CM at check-in too The resort pictures are lovely I'm glad you ended up having enough time to get settled in before your dinner!

Oh, I'm going with Epcot and Chefs de France
I think I was in shock with the reservation mix-up.

Since it was my big four-O dinner, I wasn't going smelling like airplane. Dh and I were very quick getting ready. I was prepared to fight Dh and pay a Taxi if I had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo32 View Post
I've always wanted to stay at AKL, but am not too sure about the dark, heavy decor.

If it were me with your check-in CM, I would've had a quite a temper...I'm impressed you held your cool. And how silly of her not to plug-in the ressie number after the first two misses with the name! Even you and I would make better CMs.
When I got the chance to upgrade it was either Beach club, Wilderness lodge or AKL. I think I would have liked the Beach club decor better but I would have missed the kids and the Wilderness lodge is too "Canadian" for me. I know that sounds funny being a Canadian but I wanted an escape. So AKL it was. It's never jumped out at me as being a place I had to stay at and truth be told even after this trip I don't feel like I have to stay there with the kids next time. So I don't blame you about feeling unsure about it.
Of course you and I would make better CM's. It's my retirement plan. Dh has already agreed to it. The question is what job am I going to do there? There is so much stuff I want to do there.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #145
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

I adore your updates, they are HilariOUS and true.

I think that the room at CSR was just as nice as AKL so I agree w/ you that I would feel slightly let down .... HOWEVER how sweet of DH to upgrade you to water view!! I love the privacy of your view plus the pool!

Hmmmm..... I am sticking w/ my choice of the MK for your birthday dinner
Old 06-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #146
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

I am guessing the castle for dinner.

Nice view, I can't wait until our first trip there in 57 days 7 hours and 26 min, not that I'm counting!

Good for you for staying patient and calm 'cause you know if you had lost it it would have taken twice as long.

Can't wait for the next installment.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 06-12-2009, 05:43 AM   #147
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
I adore your updates, they are HilariOUS and true.

I think that the room at CSR was just as nice as AKL so I agree w/ you that I would feel slightly let down .... HOWEVER how sweet of DH to upgrade you to water view!! I love the privacy of your view plus the pool!

Hmmmm..... I am sticking w/ my choice of the MK for your birthday dinner
Thank you for the compliment. It doesn't always feel so funny at the time.

I was surprised Dh had taken the time to call Disney for an upgrade. He did ask me the other day when I was composing a chapter if I remembered to include that little tidbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
I am guessing the castle for dinner.

Nice view, I can't wait until our first trip there in 57 days 7 hours and 26 min, not that I'm counting!

Good for you for staying patient and calm 'cause you know if you had lost it it would have taken twice as long.

Can't wait for the next installment.
I was just so surprised that I was too shocked NOT to stay calm. There was a little part of my brain that was thinking if Disney truly lost my info and I had all my paperwork (which of course I did) then I might get an upgrade to make up for the hassle of them losing me. Maybe even a BIG upgrade. So I figured they'd either find me or upgrade me. I knew they weren't going to kick me to the curb or anything like that.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #148
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Jewel - you are my hero I would have clearly lost my mind.....head spioining around.....you know,....not pretty in general! It always shocks me when I get an incompetent CM, but hey, every organization has them and thankfully Disney has few andfar between.

Will wait patiently for next installment....
Old 06-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #149
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Friday April 24, 2009 The first Park of the Trip!

**For those of you who guessed MK you were right!
** For those of you who guessed the Castle you were even more right!

The Plan
-Pick up Birthday Card
-Castle Dinner 5:45
-Fireworks and Parade
__________________________________________________ _____

We practically flew out of our Hotel room on the fourth floor, down the stairs and out to the bus stop.

Luck was on our side because a bus was loading for the MK.

We even got a seat.

A couple people wished me a happy birthday and Dh took this opportunity to tease me for being a big kid at heart. He put his arm around me and gave me a big squeeze. We rode all the way to the MK like that.

I felt like I was on my Honeymoon again.

Since I had missed the video on the magic express I was pumped when we turned the corner by the contemporary to hear the speakers announce our arrival to the park and give us those generic tips. I grabbed Dh’s hand once again and tried to communicate my excitement over our impending arrival with a series of squeezes. I don’t know if he totally got what I was trying to impress upon him but he understood that the castle was nearing and I was excited.

We headed for the will call window to get my birthday pass. Dh felt the need to double check what the birthday card could and could not be used for.

He didn’t believe me.

That angered me.

The fact that he still felt the need to ask the CM at the window when I had shown him the literature on the web and done my homework about it really pissed me off. Did he think I didn’t know what I was talking about?

UGHHH!

How is it that I can be totally head over heels for him one minute and the next want to crush him down to his heels? Is this normal?

I told him I was angry at him for double checking and not trusting me. His response was that Disney might have changed their policy.

“Since earlier this week? I think it would have been all over the disboards and I would have heard about it.” I replied.

“Don’t do that again. I know my Disney.” I said.

He just shrugged. He still didn’t get why it bothered me.

However, I wasn’t going to let this argument taint my visit today.

I did some deep breathing and tried to shake it off.

As we walked into the corridor and around the bend (we took the entrance to the right) to find ourselves on Main Street I started to skip. Dh noted it and grabbed my hand and skipped along right with me until we were practically in front of Tony’s restaurant before we burst out giggling like two schoolgirls.

Of course we had castles to visit so we had to pull ourselves together and get a move on.

First I found us a photopass photographer to capture the moment on film.

Then off to the castle we went.

We have never eaten at the castle. It just didn't seem worth it to us to waste two table credits when we were here with the kids plus the menu didn't appeal to them. They do so much better with buffets. But now that we were on the deluxe dinning plan suddenly the Castle made more sense. Plus the more I thought about it, the more the idea of spending my actual 40th birthday in MK having dinner at the castle seemed like the perfect way to celebrate it.

I made my ADR’s 6 months in advance and at the time the castle was supposed to close at 6pm. When the April park hours first came out the park was supposed to close at 7pm so we all suspected a Pirate and Princess Party was slated for this evening. I was looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, there was no party announced and they moved the park closing time back to 10pm. But the reason I am telling you this story is that when I arrived at the castle to register they still had open seatings. The castle was not booked. I witnessed a very happy (although a tad over-stressed) family of 6 get a table immediately. Another family of four was told to come back in 30 minutes. Understandably, I was a bit shocked by this. The CM at the desk said they must have forgot to reopen up the castle bookings when they changed the park hours. She said it happens sometimes.

We were sent to wander around for a few moments before they called our name. We were a tad late and Dh was shocked that we had to wait while the family of 6 just walked up and walked in.

I just shrugged it off and went over to take a closer look at the mosaics. I just love them; always have even as a child. I wanted to stay in a happy place. Complaining and moaning about it wasn’t going to make my vacation any more magical. Looking at the mosaics would. So off I went.

Dh went back over to the check-in desk. I was thinking oh great. Since I was the person that checked in once again Dh felt the need to check up on me. Like I wasn’t doing such a good enough job. It made it harder to stay in my “Happy Place” frame of mind.

Dh and the CM had a real conversation. It lasted a few minutes. Out of the corner of my eye because I was trying really hard to ignore Dh’s presence and what I felt was an affront on my Disney planning and knowledge I watched him point at some piece of paper and nod at the CM.

Now it was getting suspicious as well as annoying. Doesn’t that Man know by now that I am the Control Freak in the family? I make all Disney related decisions not him.

Hummpht! It took all my control to stay in my “Happy Place”.

Dh called my name and the CM he had been talking to showed us right in.

Still suspicious….

What was Dh up to? Click here to find out http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=166

Last edited by Diamondintheruff; 06-26-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #150
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Jewel - you are my hero I would have clearly lost my mind.....head spioining around.....you know,....not pretty in general! It always shocks me when I get an incompetent CM, but hey, every organization has them and thankfully Disney has few andfar between.

Will wait patiently for next installment....
Installment up.

I must have been swearing **ahem** working with Photobucket while you posted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: