Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
TattooedMermaid
Mouseketeer

Original Just Back Title

Hello all. Just another one of those "just back" threads. We were there 10/25-10/31. It was SO HOT! They had record highs. The new husband had never been and I had to keep swearing to him that it wasn't normally this hot in October. It was in the high 80s low 90s.
Lines were small. Longest we waited was Soarin( 28 mins) and that was only because I wanted to try it before we left- it was awesome by the way. Just wish it was the world and not just CA you fly over. Got lots of Congrats with the pins and by the last day we took them off just to stop saying thank you every second.
Food was great. First time at Tusker, Yak and Yeti, Chef Mickey, Le Cellier. Loved all of them. First with Deluxe plan too- god that's a lot of food. But we made it work.
Did MNSSHP- not really all that fun. I guess I set myself up for it. The main thing other than trick or treating was the special parade and fireworks. I am, shocking I know, not a fan of fireworks or parades. I guess I get it from the parents. So, to me the party was a one time thing. But at least I can say I did it.
Everything was clean and well kept. Our maid, Ramona was awesome. We always came back to something cute waiting for us. If I forgot anything, let me know or just ask.

[/URL][/IMG]
Old 11-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

May I ask where you stayed?

And congratulations on the new husband.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMermaid View Post
We were there 10/25-10/31. It was SO HOT! They had record highs. The new husband had never been and I had to keep swearing to him that it wasn't normally this hot in October. It was in the high 80s low 90s.
As a Floridian, I can vouch for you, there has been a crazy heat wave this fall! Quite unusually HOT!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
BenA81
is it a golf ball?

glad you had a good time even with the heat. I like your exact wait time for soarin

DIS DAD #261
Old 11-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great trip!! A 28 (exactly) wait for Soarin' sounds pretty decent! I also agree about the CA thing, I would love it if they had a movie flying over FL. You could still have the orange groves and the ocean, maybe travel over a swamp and an alligator could snap up like he's going to bite your feet! Then it could end at WDW, flying over all the parks and ending with the fireworks over CINDERELLA's castle. Yeah, I think I've spent a little too much time thinking about that! hahaha

We're heading down in 13 days (wooHOO!), and I'm hoping the heat wave is over by then. I was hoping for a little cooler temps than 90s!

Congrats on your fun vaca and your new marriage!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #6
themilesfamily
Wanna potty with Spongebob Squarepants?

Welcome home!

Those are the exact dates we went last year -- and we had RECORD LOWS. Down into the 40's. Brrrr....

Glad to hear you had short waits for the rides -- we did last year, as well.

I think it's a great time of year to go.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #7
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

Yes, it was HOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMermaid View Post
We were there 10/25-10/31. It was SO HOT! They had record highs.
We were there at the same time and couldn't believe how hot it was. We had planned this week after going the second week of Nov. last year and had temps in the low 80s. Oh well, it was still fun!!!

2015: AKV Mar ~ 2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

Old 11-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #8
danny1649
Will be wearing some lime green
I just love to dance
Armed with this information I might be able to out score DW for once

DISboards Moderator

I Moved Your Post

Here to our trip reports board where it is a better fit. Thanks for sharingDanny
Old 11-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #9
TattooedMermaid
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. We stayed at the Pop Resort. I think when we go back again we will try PO Riverside or something. DH said the beds at Pop weren't very comfortable.

[/URL][/IMG]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: