Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
TheDisneyGirl02
I found my Disney Prince!
Animals that have gone through the taxidermy process scare like nothing else!

Amy & Dave 10/17/09 HOME AND MARRIED!!!!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read my PJ!

About Us:

Dave and I met on a Disney dating site DisMates. I was at work late one night and just for the heck of it searched Disney Dating Sites and I found it. I started to search through the profiles for my area and found Dave. There was something about his profile that was so special that I knew I had to contact him. Sadly, I couldn't figure out how to contact him through the site, but luckily there was a part of his profile that said that he frequented the disboards and his screen name. So, I went over to the Dis and started searching for his screen name. I must have gone through literally 20 or 30 pages of posts until I found him. I joined the Dis and PMed him and I guess the rest is history.

Over the next couple of weeks, we spent hours on the phone talking to each other about everything and anything. We set up our first date for July 16, 2006. I had to work that day so after the work day was over, my sister and her friend came in and helped me get ready. I was late getting there and I felt so horrible about it, but I had to look just right when I met him. Since we hadn't seen a picture of each other, I had no idea what he looked like and he had no idea what I looked like. I found him by the description of his car! We had dinner at Applebees (where we ordered mozzarella sticks and how strange it is to eat fried cheese). After dinner we went to the movies to see Pirates of the Carribean Dead Man's Chest. It was in that theater where we had our first kiss. I knew from that second that he was my other half in life, my Prince Charming I had been searching for for so many years.

We took our first trip to WDW in December of 2007. It was a very special trip for me because I had never been to WDW around the holidays because I have been working at the Disney Store since 1999 and getting time off in December is nearly impossible. It was wonderful to be there with the man I loved. Here is a picture of us from Cinderella's Royal Table from that trip.

Our Engagement

We got engaged on September 23, 2008 in front of Cinderella Castle. I had picked out my ring at the World of Disney before we headed to MK that day. Although it wasn't a surprise, it still was because I didn't know when he was going to propose. Here is my very fitting ring.

Yes, it is a Mickey shaped ring! Sorry about the quaility of the pic and my hand makes me look like I'm 80 (I'm not even 30 yet) but at least you get the picture. I actually wear the ring with Mickey facing out so his ears are at my knuckles. So when I look at it, it sort of looks like Cinderella's Carriage! Cinderella is my favorite princess so i makes the ring extra special.

We had already decided on a wedding date before we got engaged - actually we decided on it a few months after we started dating. My birthday is October 4 (that's when I'm turning 30!) and his birthday is October 29 so the 17th was right in the middle and is perfect for us.

The Wedding Details

We are getting married in Allentown, PA in the church in which I grew up in. Dave and I live about an hour apart (it's 45 miles one way from my house to his) and I was hoping to find a place in the middle but sadly it didn't happen. We are having our reception at Saucon Valley Acres (I'll have to see if I can find some pics on the web). It is a beautiful hall located in the woods. Since it will be October, the fall leaves should be peaking around that time and it will be a beautiful backdrop for our fall wedding.

It's starting to get late but I have a lot more to post. I promise to update soon!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by TheDisneyGirl02; 04-27-2009 at 10:20 PM.
TheDisneyGirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

WOOHOO YOU know im hear for the long haul! Cant wait to read and see all about it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
redlight
DIS Veteran

Hi and congratulations! My name is also Amy.

I'm looking forward to more!
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
TheDisneyGirl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
WOOHOO YOU know im hear for the long haul! Cant wait to read and see all about it!
Hi Drea!!!!! I knew you'd find your way here! Like always it's great to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
Hi and congratulations! My name is also Amy.

I'm looking forward to more!
Thank you! Yay another Amy! Thanks for reading!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

a dis wedding! Totally on board! Love you ring, awesome, just awesome!
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
Buckeye Gal
Beach Girl Deep in the Land

Oh Amy, I'm SO thrilled you're writing this!!

I just love your perception of the engagement ring when it's "upside down"! I absolutely cannot wait to follow the whole story!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
TheDisneyGirl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
a dis wedding! Totally on board! Love you ring, awesome, just awesome!
I love my ring too! It's funny, when we started to look at wedding bands, the woman at the store gave me this 'look' when she saw my ring so I figured she just wasn't one of us! LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post
Oh Amy, I'm SO thrilled you're writing this!!

I just love your perception of the engagement ring when it's "upside down"! I absolutely cannot wait to follow the whole story!
Hi Kimberly!!!! Glad you found your way here!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #8
LuvtheEars
DIS Veteran

I'm Hooked! More please! Do you have your dress yet?

Tiffany
Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Yay! I can't wait to read more! Are you getting married in October of this year?? I'm in PA too! We're from Pittsburgh, which I think is kinda close to Allentown?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyGirl02 View Post
I love my ring too! It's funny, when we started to look at wedding bands, the woman at the store gave me this 'look' when she saw my ring so I figured she just wasn't one of us! LOL!!!
haha, don't you love those looks we sometimes get from people who just don't get it! I always laugh
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Yay! Another October bride! We're the 12th, so we'll probably see you around down there!

Love the ring as well!
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #12
TheDisneyGirl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheEars View Post
I'm Hooked! More please! Do you have your dress yet?

Tiffany
I do have my dress but since Dave may look (and add) somethings to my PJ, I don't want to post it since it's a surprise. Let me know if you want me to PM you the link. I see you're going on another cruise! How fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela0917 View Post
Yay! I can't wait to read more! Are you getting married in October of this year?? I'm in PA too! We're from Pittsburgh, which I think is kinda close to Allentown?
Yes, we're getting married in October of this year. Allentown is actually very close to NJ. We're only like 30 minute away actually!

Thanks for reading!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
TheDisneyGirl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegKate View Post
Yay! Another October bride! We're the 12th, so we'll probably see you around down there!

Love the ring as well!
Yay for another October bride! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
haha, don't you love those looks we sometimes get from people who just don't get it! I always laugh
Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
pit303
DIS Veteran

Hi Amy I will be following along also you are off to a great start
Old 04-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #15
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Amy!

I am so excited for you and Dave! I can't wait to read all about your planning..the wedding...the honeymoon...LOL!

SIX MONTHS TO GO!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: