Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #1
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Welcome Home, Now Relax ~ Day 14 - Toy Story Mania, Downtown Disney, Congo River Golf

Tuesday 7th April 2009

We were up at 7:30 and out the door by 8:20, parking up in Music 52 around 10 minutes later. By the amount of people going in already we could tell it was going to be a busy day and when we got to the end of Hollywood Boulevard we found that the cast members had set up two ropes - one by the hat for people going to Toy Story and one at the end of Sunset Boulevard for those going to Tower of Terror/Rock N Roller Coaster.

We joined the queue by the hat, the rope was dropped at 8:55 and 15 minutes later we were on the ride. Scores were slightly higher this time with Dad getting 79,300 with 57% accuracy and me getting 86,600 with 54% accuracy.

Once we had finished the ride we left the park, it was still only 9:30, and as the weather was a little chilly we decided to go to Downtown Disney. As we drove out of the car park I noticed that the traffic was backed up along N Buena Vista Drive waiting to go in and I was glad we weren’t staying all day. We parked up at Downtown Disney and sat in the car until 10:00 and then found that Virgin doesn’t open until 10:30 so we wandered down to Marketplace. We had a walk around World of Disney where I bought a Minnie plush for somebody I work with and Dad got a Mickey figure.

From there we went round to Pin Traders, where I bought a bunch of pins and we then walked back up to West Side.

We went in Virgin where I bought Lost Season 4, CHiPs Season 2 and My Two Dads Season 1 on DVD and we then went into the café for a drink and a cookie each. Typically this was the first and last time I was able to use my DVC member discount in Virgin and I will missing going in there to browse the TV boxsets when we return but I look forward to seeing what is going to replace it.

By now it had warmed up a little bit so we went up to Congo River Golf on I-Drive where we played the Stanley course and I scored 54 while Dad made it round in 67 - Tiger Woods we ain’t!

We finished playing at 1:30 and returned to the studio to do some packing and get ready for our reservation at Artist Point.

We were back out at 5:00 and arrived at Wilderness Lodge around 15 minutes later. We had a wander around the shop, down to the DVC villas and then around the grounds before taking a seat in the lobby. At 5:45 we went up to check in for our 6:00 reservation and were given a pager, which went off after about a 10 minute wait.

We had a table by the window with a view of the pool and lagoon and started off by ordering a margarita for Dad and a glass of Hogue Riesling for me. Food-wise Dad had the portobello soup followed by potato chive pot stickers and I had the wild boar tenderloin followed by pan seared duck breast and we topped the meal off with a gold rush coffee each. Artist Point is one of the fine dining restaurants, which is reflected in the total price - $101.36 - but the service in there is very good. Our server spotted that Dad was wearing a DVC member shirt and took the 10% discount off of the bill before it was brought to us.

We left the restaurant at 7:10 and arrived back at the studio at 7:30, just in time to do online check-in for our flight tomorrow and I was pleased to see that we still had our original seats - 80H and K.

We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and were in bed by 10:00 dreaming of all the good times we have had over the past two weeks.

Day 15

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise

Last edited by wickesy; 04-13-2009 at 04:22 AM.
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

sounds like a great day again. your score on TSM is improving glad you enjoyed your meal at AP, I fancy eating there. I agree it's a shame about Virgin closing, and it's a big store so it will be interesting to see what becomes of the space. I can't beleive your are near the end of your trip report nooooo
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 04:11 AM   #3
suzycute
DIS Veteran

How on earth does anyone get a score of 388000 on TSM??

Sounds like you had another great day with a lovely meal to finish your holiday.

What did you think of the Wilderness Lodge DVC villas? I've never made it over there but hope to have a wander round when we go in September.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:27 AM   #4
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzycute View Post
How on earth does anyone get a score of 388000 on TSM??

Sounds like you had another great day with a lovely meal to finish your holiday.

What did you think of the Wilderness Lodge DVC villas? I've never made it over there but hope to have a wander round when we go in September.
I know it's crazy isn't it. They must have had a lot of practice.

We only had a quick wander through at Wilderness Lodge, and we didn't see inside any of the rooms but the building looks nice enough.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Old 04-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #5
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

Shame your holiday is coming to an end. Don't know if you have already covered this in your trippie (I have a memory span shorter than Dory's!) but is TSM open during extra magic hour at the studios, do you know?

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ) Aug 2013 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch) Feb 2014 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Glad to see you like your mini golf . It's one of our fave. pastimes outside the parks. Just wondering, do you prefer the putt putt courses on I-Drive? Do they tend to be quieter? Whenever we go to Pirates Cove at LBV it's packed I also quite like Hawaiian Rumble (opposite Bennigans/ Sheraton Vistana), it's not much of a challenge, but you can get coupons to play for under $4 a piece.

Great TR - shame it's over. Happy planning for you summer vacay
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
wickesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbedy View Post
Shame your holiday is coming to an end. Don't know if you have already covered this in your trippie (I have a memory span shorter than Dory's!) but is TSM open during extra magic hour at the studios, do you know?
I don't know as we never do extra magic hours. It is probably the most popular ride in the Studios at the moment so I would think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
Glad to see you like your mini golf . It's one of our fave. pastimes outside the parks. Just wondering, do you prefer the putt putt courses on I-Drive? Do they tend to be quieter? Whenever we go to Pirates Cove at LBV it's packed I also quite like Hawaiian Rumble (opposite Bennigans/ Sheraton Vistana), it's not much of a challenge, but you can get coupons to play for under $4 a piece.

Great TR - shame it's over. Happy planning for you summer vacay
This was our first time on the mini-golf courses outside WDW but they seemed about the same. We normally get out early so it's not usually too busy and being just the two of us if we come across a large group in front they normally let us 'play through'.

Don't go yet, there's still Day 15 to read - we packed a lot into departure day as well.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

Cute Minnie! Artist Point sounds good, wonder how good they are for vegetarians
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Lizzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #9
wickesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybear View Post
Cute Minnie! Artist Point sounds good, wonder how good they are for vegetarians
There's not much on the menu - just salmon (if you eat fish) and the pot stickers. I don't know what they are like at doing stuff 'off menu'.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Another fab day

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

brilliant day

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #12
jackieleanne
DIS Veteran

Great last day, and love the minnie. I hate the last day at disney before the trip home always so sad and I have cried a few times on the final monorail trip out of Magic Kingdom.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jackieleanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #13
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
We only had a quick wander through at Wilderness Lodge, and we didn't see inside any of the rooms but the building looks nice enough.
I'll volunteer an opinion on the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. WL (the Lodge) is my favorite resort but on one Grand Gathering trip with friends we stayed at the Villas though none of us were DVC members. The floor plans and amenities of the VWL suites and rooms are similar to the ones at Boardwalk Villas (and others, I suppose) though, of course, the interior decoration and colors match the WL's frontier theme. Though the Villa's pool doesn't have the falls, the geyser, the view of the Bay Lake, poolside bar etc. that the Lodge pool has, it is far more private and always seems less crowded. The walk from the Villas to the Lodge is mostly covered if the weather is a factor. The WL restaurants are on my favorites list--both Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Cafe. I think the Mercantile in the lobby of the Lodge is one of THE best gift shops in WDW. I vote you stay at WL or VWL first chance you get. (End of unsolicited endorsement.)
Old 04-15-2009, 04:09 AM   #14
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

another lovely day

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:29 AM   #15
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Must try AP at WL next trip.
Chilly is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: