Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #76
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ButterflyKisses~ View Post
Yes, we're planning on doing a Grand Canyon trip also. Not sure which one yet though. Any recommendations?

BecBennett, I will check out the Doubletree also. I am so confused! There are so many hotels in New York and alot that have been recommended to me don't even appear in the travel agent books.

Has anyone been to New York & stayed at the Westin, Warwick or Omni Berkshire? I think they are all around the times square area also.

We are wanting to get a California City Pass. Does anyone know where we can get them from that would be the cheapest? We want that pass so we can see the San Diego & LA attractions also. Is it possible to add another Disneyland day to that ticket so we could have 4 park hopper days instead of 3? Does anyone know how much extra that would cost?

Are you all booking everything through travel agents or are you booking things yourself online?
Have you had a look at tripadvisor.com ?? There are a heap of reviews from regular people about their experiences at different hotels, it's really handy to work out a rough opinion.

Also, try getawaytoday.com for the California pass, you can use the code "funtrip" to get $20 off.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #77
dollarmite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylieh View Post
Took around 15 minutes at the local ANZ bank - they issue the cards on the spot. They don't have your name on them. As we weren't ANZ customers we needed to do the 100 point ID check (passport + medicare + something else I think.)

We logged on to the website at home to change the pins.

Is the ANZ travel card the same as the cash passport (I think that's what they're called)? I saw a brochure about a cash passport(?) in my local Bank of Qld and wonder if this is the same thing?
dollarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2009, 06:52 AM   #78
kylieh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarmite View Post
Is the ANZ travel card the same as the cash passport (I think that's what they're called)? I saw a brochure about a cash passport(?) in my local Bank of Qld and wonder if this is the same thing?
ANZ has their own version - http://anz.com.au/aus/promo/Dont-Get...as/default.asp

My understanding of the Cash Passport was that it was Travellex, and for cash withdrawals only.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:53 AM   #79
gogo65
Cheering for Disney

Quote:
Not too sure really what ADR's to book at WDW.

I'm really only concerned with the character meals - the rest of the time I imagine counter meals will be fine. I'm not sure that my DH and 2 boys will want to attend a princess CM, but I/we would like to attend a few Mickey/Goofy/Donald ones if possible.

I'll ask the DU rep. to try and get us in to any CM he can.

My birthday falls during our trip so I want to make sure I definitely do a CM that day!

DS will be turning 9 whilst we're at DL and wants to do a Lilo and Stitch meal on that day so I'm going to do my best to make that happen.
We did Chef Mickeys and really enjoyed it. The food was OK BUt hey we weren't really there for the food.
We also did Crystal Palace in MK, my daughter is a big Pooh fan so that was a must, I think the food was better there than at CM.
One thing with CP is if you do breakfast early you can get in the park before it opens and get some great photos without the crowds.

Prime time was a lot of fun and not very expensive, Sci-fi is also meant to be good especially if you have boys.

Are you doing DL and WDW in one trip??
DL Carousal Inn and Suites 12/09
Paris Disney 07/11
WDW Allstar Music 4/12
DL Paradise Pier 4/14
WDW Allstar Sports 4/14
gogo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:54 AM   #80
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

With cashpassport you can only withdraw money from ATMs, you can't make purchases with it or get money from eftpos machines.

The ANZ travel card is like a prepaid Visa, so you can use it anywhere you'd use a credit card.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:54 AM   #81
Flea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks Flea for the link for DL's Australian site. Through that I was able to order the Disneyland Planning DVD, something which I hadn't been able to do through their US site. Here is the link for anyone interested:

http://www.disney.com.au/disneyland/disneyland_dvd.html
I ordered one a while ago - not sure if they have changed but it was still the year of a million dreams one. I got mine about 2 months ago and it's well watched. My girls watch it every couple of days and get excited.

We've also downloaded a couple of Youtube on ride vids for the girls to watch (since they watch them constantly and kept using up my broadband allowance).

DL Oct 09 Hoping to go back in 2013
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #82
gogo65
Cheering for Disney

Quote:
Thanks Flea for the link for DL's Australian site. Through that I was able to order the Disneyland Planning DVD, something which I hadn't been able to do through their US site. Here is the link for anyone interested:

Thanks I just ordered my DVD
I wanted to order one for our last trip and we weren't able to. i am so happy I can now
DL Carousal Inn and Suites 12/09
Paris Disney 07/11
WDW Allstar Music 4/12
DL Paradise Pier 4/14
WDW Allstar Sports 4/14
gogo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:04 AM   #83
dollarmite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
With cashpassport you can only withdraw money from ATMs, you can't make purchases with it or get money from eftpos machines.

The ANZ travel card is like a prepaid Visa, so you can use it anywhere you'd use a credit card.
Good to know. Thanks!

There are so many choices these days - in the 'olden days' it used to boil down to travellers's cheques, cash or credit cards. Decisions, decisions.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:08 AM   #84
~ButterflyKisses~
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks so much for this link! I wanted to order one off the US Disney site but couldn't because they wouldn't ship to Australia.

I just registered and ordered my DVD
~ButterflyKisses~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:14 AM   #85
dollarmite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo65 View Post
We did Chef Mickeys and really enjoyed it. The food was OK BUt hey we weren't really there for the food.
We also did Crystal Palace in MK, my daughter is a big Pooh fan so that was a must, I think the food was better there than at CM.
One thing with CP is if you do breakfast early you can get in the park before it opens and get some great photos without the crowds.

Prime time was a lot of fun and not very expensive, Sci-fi is also meant to be good especially if you have boys.

Are you doing DL and WDW in one trip??
Yes, both in one trip. 12 days at WDW and about 10-12 days in Anaheim. We're also doing 4 or 5 days in NYC and a few days in Washington DC and San Deigo. We've booked the BNE-NYC-LAX-BNE flights but we're still working out the exact itinerary for the non WDW part.

I've been to DL about 6 or 7 times but have always wanted to go to WDW, but it was always too far and too expensive. Recently though Qantas had a great deal on flights to New York so we decided to bite the bullet and do a 'side trip' down to WDW.

I'm trying to get over the cost of NY hotels I'm sure they weren't this expensive on previous trips. (Or maybe they were and I just didn't realise it because the cost was being split with friends whereas this time it's only coming out of my pocket (and DH's). LOL
Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #86
dollarmite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks so much for this link! I wanted to order one off the US Disney site but couldn't because they wouldn't ship to Australia.

I just registered and ordered my DVD

I ordered my DVD on Sunday of this week and it arrived today (Friday). I was really impressed with the quick delivery.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #87
~ButterflyKisses~
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I ordered my DVD on Sunday of this week and it arrived today (Friday). I was really impressed with the quick delivery.

Yay!! That's super fast!

What's the DVD like?
Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #88
kylieh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has anyone stayed in New York? Do you have any recommendations on where to stay?
Even though it's a while off I've started pricing NY as a comparrison to LV for our next trip - there are other family thinking of coming, but need prices! Miss 6 loved Las Vegas, but also wants to go to NY. I would like to go to NY, but the extra 6 hours each way... yuk!

We stayed in the Four Seasons in LV last year. We enjoyed it, pricey, but quiet and brilliant views. It's on top of the Mandalay Bay. I'm torn between staying at the Bellagio if we return to LV or returning to Four Seasons.

Anyway, whilst searching for prices I found Hampton Inn Times Square North(Hilton Chain) On Trip Advisor. Over a Sept/Oct period it averaged around US$275 a night. It looked like a good family type place, good value. Included a basic breakfast.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #89
~ButterflyKisses~
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm trying to get over the cost of NY hotels I'm sure they weren't this expensive on previous trips. (Or maybe they were and I just didn't realise it because the cost was being split with friends whereas this time it's only coming out of my pocket (and DH's). LOL
I know, NY is soooooo expensive!! Lucky we're not paying for accomodation there otherwise I don't think we'd be able to afford to go!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:23 AM   #90
~ButterflyKisses~
Mouseketeer

I love having an Aussie thread! Thanks aussiedaisy for starting it It's great to talk to others in the same time zone. I found I was posting questions but wasn't getting answers for at least a day because of the time difference in the US. Everyone was in bed when I wanted to chat!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: