Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #751
Flea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirls View Post
I don't think we will spend more than 5 days in the parks but I think I am going to get the 14 day vacation passes anyway.

For me personally, I like the flexibility of having 14 days that we can go in there. So if we just want to do several half days or something I won't feel as though we are wasting our days (which I would feel if I only had a 5 day pass).

For us it only adds less than $15 to the total cost of the hoppers so IMHO well worth it.

xxx
This was my thought too - if we got back from something else early or just wanted to pop in and see fireworks - we weren't wasting a day's entry. Or say you wanted to eat a meal in the park but had other things planned for the day (I'm all about the food).

Today all of a sudden it hit me. I AM going to Disneyland. It all just became real

DL Oct 09 Hoping to go back in 2013
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:24 AM   #752
kylieh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarmite View Post
We have 2 hours in LA to clear customs etc. I was concerned about this very short time frame but the Qantas rep assured me that this would be enough time and as it was an official Qantas sanctioned flight if we do miss the connection they will put us on the next available Qantas LA-NY flight. Fingers crossed!:
Last year we had a similar situation - Qantas ticketed through from Sydney to Las Vegas, with only a two hour turn around in LAX. We got through customs/quarintine etc really quick, maybe 10-15 minutes tops. The AA/Qantas rep pulled us out of line, with DD, and put us in the US Citizens line I think the total wait to be fingerprinted, the first step, was 3 minutes!!! We grabbed our bags, for quarantine, and then we more or less hand them back in just a few meters away. Us and our bags were ticketed all the way through. We then had time for a quick freshen up in the Qantas Club.

Qantas told us not to worry about the short turnaround time, the Qantas rep on the ground in LA would rebook us without any probs - they infact start the process if necessary as soon as you depart Sydney.

The 2nd flight for us was a AA codeshare, and they had a long bording time. My suggestion for anyone after seeing everyone board domestically would be get on the plane sooner rather than later, especially if you have larger carryon. They allow huge huge huge carryon on most US flights and it runs out of overhead space really quickly.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2009, 04:51 AM   #753
marvel
DIS Veteran

Fair enough. I was thinking the same thing. how long are you guys staying in Anaheim in total? I must be working something out wrong, I get the 5 day hopper being $220 for over 10yrs and the 14day is $258.

They are tipping the dollar to go over 84c by the end of the week.
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:52 AM   #754
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:58 AM   #755
lovintheland
Mouseketeer

We just returned on Sunday. I highly recommend the 14 day passes. When we visited in 2007 we had 3 day ones and ended up totally exhausted trying to do everything in 3 days, thus being there from opening 8.00a.m until 12.00a.m on one of the days. This time we had the 14 day passes until I think we entered the parks 7 times. Not whole days though. One night just to watch the fireworks and ride a few nights. Would have like to pop in a few other nights but we found we were too exhausted after other siteseeing that the hot tub at the Howard Johnson was about all we could manage (still a perfect place to watch the fireworks from)

I'm so envious of you all planning. I thought after this trip I would be cured. Now I love the place more than ever and want to return again. Someday!!!!!
lovintheland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:59 AM   #756
rossip
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm cheering it on every morning

Looking so much better than 6 weeks or so ago , think its almost time to pay the accom !
rossip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:01 AM   #757
lovintheland
Mouseketeer

that should read "ride a few rides, not nights" my apologies I'm still tired. I swear whilst over there I couldn't adjust to their time and didn't sleep at night and now we're back I still need to go to bed LA time. Didn't find the jetlag last time, it's killing me.
lovintheland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:02 AM   #758
aussiegirls
DIS Veteran

marvel, we will be in Anaheim for 10 days. After that we are going to stay in LA for another week. I figure that if we really loooooove Disneyland and want to come back for another day or so when we are in LA we still can, so for us the 14 day hopper is good.

When I go on expedia and put in my dates the 5 day adult hopper is $252 and the 14 day is $258 and the kids 5 day is $215 and 14 day $221, so difference is really minimal. I am not sure why yours is coming up as such a big difference, I wonder if it might have something to do with the dates

xxx
Old 06-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #759
Flea
Mouseketeer

Oh no our dollar was down 2.5c this morning

DL Oct 09 Hoping to go back in 2013
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #760
aussiegirls
DIS Veteran

Ours was down about 2c this morning too, but I have faith that it shall return
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #761
marvel
DIS Veteran

Yeah, the dollar was a bit upsetting. The 14 day pass does make sense for that length of time. We are in Anaheim for 8nights, and also doing Lego Land during that time, so i don't think we will get there more than 5 days out of 8.

Where are you staying in LA?? Sorry if I have asked before
Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #762
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Dollar lost 2.5c overnight !
It will come back up though.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #763
marvel
DIS Veteran

I think you are right, but you just get used to it going up every day!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #764
aussiegirls
DIS Veteran

marvel, we will be staying in Studio City, LA. A cute little place called Sportsmen's Lodge

xxx
Old 06-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #765
Czardas
Mouseketeer

Is there any advantage buying your Disneyland passes from Expedia instead of Disneyland.com ?
Seems to me the prices are the same, so why not buy direct from Disneyland?
Disneyland Oct 26-29 2011 - Park Vue Inn
Disneyland Sep 09 - Park Vue Inn
Disneyland Feb 08 - Camelot Inn & Suites
Czardas is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: