Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
Flea
Mouseketeer

Can Kiwi planners join in too??? there's not a group for us yet I don't think

DL Oct 09 Hoping to go back in 2013
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #17
Flea
Mouseketeer

dollarmite - you can get 14 day passes http://www.disney.com.au/disneyland/...nd_resort.html - we ordered ours through our friend in NZ who's a travel agent. I have heard that people get them online somewhere but I'm unsure where. You should be able to just buy the passes only through an agent without having to book anything else.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #18
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Hi, My name's Rebecca, and I'm a disaholic...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

DF and I are heading back to DL in May, we were there in March last year, and I'm already planning my WDW trips in November 2010, and March 2011 - because we're going to do a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding!!!

Very exciting!

I found booking everything myself was much easier then going through a travel agent, and I don't think I'll ever use one again! I just like knowing that I've been able to get all the information and use it myself, as aposed to telling someone else what I want to do, and them telling me I wouldn't enjoy it.... I hate that

Dollarmite: You mentioned cheap deals direct to New York from Brisbane, do you mind if I ask you what dates? I can never seem to find cheap flights to NY, from anywhere!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:39 AM   #19
marvel
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. Good idea for a thread. Where to start?

We are going to DL starting Sept 19th for 8 nights staying at HOJO, also doing LA and Vegas prior to that. We love the US, this will be our 3rd trip (2005 DL, 2008 WDW) in 4 years. We didn't plan to travel this year at all, but the cheap airfares meant that we could get free flights using our Air NZ frequent flyers which were expiring so we thought why not?

May 2008 we did 7 weeks in the US, starting with NY and we drove to Florida, staying in Tennessee, Savannah Georgia, then WDW, Hard Rock Hotel Universal, Vegas and then Hawaii. Absolutely great trip, if anyone needs any info on hotels etc, we had really fabulous hotels all over, drop me a line happy to help. I booked and planned the whole thing myself but used a Disney travel agent for the WDW portion, as the price was the same and they do all the dining booking for you which I found to be a great service for no cost.

Planning and discussing anything to with the trips is something I really love to do. Look forward to talking with you all. Oh, I am from Melbourne as well.
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #20
Czardas
Mouseketeer

G'day (sorry couldn't resist)

I went to Disneyland early last year and we had a ball. We don't usually repeat destinations, so I thought it was the once in a lifetime trip.
Anyway I am a frequent flyer point hog and had enough points for first class to LA on the Qantas's new A380, so I was lucky to find some seats and back to Disneyland we go

We are then heading to Playa Del Carmen in Mexico for 6 nights, then back to LA for a few days before heading on home.

For those that have been before, what is your must do for this trip?
Disneyland Oct 26-29 2011 - Park Vue Inn
Disneyland Sep 09 - Park Vue Inn
Disneyland Feb 08 - Camelot Inn & Suites
Czardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:23 AM   #21
Flea
Mouseketeer

I'll join in anyway I was born in Australia so hopefully that counts

We are going Oct 18-01 Nov. I'll be travelling with my DH, our 2 girls (almost 3 and almost 5 at the time), my sister, my friend and her mum (who are like aunts and grandma for my girls ).

It will be our first trip for my family to disneyland (actually it's our first family trip ). My friend and her mum are disneyland vets.

Oh we just booked our accommodation on friday - we are staying at Hojo's in one of their new kids suites I almost cried when I was on hold to hojo's reservation staff and then when I got the confirmation number I done a wee dance...It is real now

Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 AM   #22
dollarmite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Hi, My name's Rebecca, and I'm a disaholic...
Dollarmite: You mentioned cheap deals direct to New York from Brisbane, do you mind if I ask you what dates? I can never seem to find cheap flights to NY, from anywhere!!!

We're leaving in late October and returning very early December. It's about $1200 AUD per adult, including a stop in LA on the way back. I just checked the Qantas website and they still have tickets available at that price for that time, so I imagine they'd have them for other dates as well. If we'd been willing to go via Melbourne it would have been a few dollars cheaper - it would have to be about $100 cheaper per person for us to be willing to do that.

When I first priced it out I checked it with several other airlines and this was by far the cheapest deal. Air NZ, which is my preferred airline, and usually the cheapest, was charging more than triple for the same itinerary!
dollarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:35 AM   #23
dollarmite
Mouseketeer

The Howard Johnson Anaheim is a name I see pop up regularly - usually for good reasons. I've been through the carpark there quite a few times to and from LAX, so I have a rough idea where it is.

Is a place that people would happily recommend?

Has anyone had any experience with the POP hotel at Disney World?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:45 AM   #24
dollarmite
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=marvel;31327301
I booked and planned the whole thing myself but used a Disney travel agent for the WDW portion, as the price was the same and they do all the dining booking for you which I found to be a great service for no cost.

Planning and discussing anything to with the trips is something I really love to do. Look forward to talking with you all. Oh, I am from Melbourne as well.[/QUOTE]

I love to plan and book trips as well - I think it's just as much fun as the trip.

Before the internet age I used a local independent TA and never had any problems. Then I moved away and used some 'chain' agents. Never again! Each trip had some sort of TA error - nothing too dramatic but annoying just the same. Have never had a problem since doing it myself online. On our last trip to Fiji we were given a free room upgrade on check in simply because I'd booked online directly with them myself.

Was curious as to which Disney TA you used for the WDW portion? I'm considering Dreams Unlimited and Small World Vacations at the moment.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:49 AM   #25
dollarmite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiedaisy View Post
Our first trip to Disneyland was in 2004 and then we did WDW 2005, 2007 and a WDW/Disneyland combined trip last year in 2008!
Did you use one on the online US based Disney afflilated travel companies? If so, was it a good or bad experience?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:49 AM   #26
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Hi All Im Lauren,
I Just came back from Disneyland Went there for 4 weeks from the 19th Jan until the 16th Feb also went to Vegas and the Grand Canyon where my partner proposed.

I am planning another trip to America same time next year but planning on going to WDW dont know where to start its great to have other aussies to talk too...

And Yes you can just book tickets through the Travel agents We did it with one of the other theme parks....

Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:09 AM   #27
Czardas
Mouseketeer

Who do you all use for travel insurance? I use www.travelinsurancedirect.com.au as I have always found them to be the best price.
Luckily I have never had to make a claim, fingers crossed. I would never book with a travel agent, as I always get far better deals online booking direct with the hotels etc.

I am staying at Park Vue nice and close to the enterance of Disneyland. I stayed at Camelot Inn & Suites last time, which was ok but had pretty lousy mattresses.
Disneyland Oct 26-29 2011 - Park Vue Inn
Disneyland Sep 09 - Park Vue Inn
Disneyland Feb 08 - Camelot Inn & Suites
Czardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #28
youngaussienurse
self confessed princess

Hi Flea, and all the other Kiwi's! Of course you can join us.....everyone thinks New Zealand and Australia are the same anyway!!! We love flying with Air New Zealand too! We are trying V Australia this year as Premium Economy class is REALLLLLY cheap...the same as economy!!!! I have had back surgery (yes, nurses back at 29!) and need the extra recline and leg room to be pain free for my disney trip.....V Australias fares are cheap cheap cheap!!!! It will be interesting to see how they rate compared to Air New Zealand
Good to see all the Aussies and New Zealander's on the Dis boards.....the disney magic is alive in these areas too!!!
youngaussienurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:08 AM   #29
aussiedaisy
The second star to the right, shines in the night for you to tell you that the dreams you plan, really can come true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea View Post
I'll join in anyway I was born in Australia so hopefully that counts

We are going Oct 18-01 Nov. I'll be travelling with my DH, our 2 girls (almost 3 and almost 5 at the time), my sister, my friend and her mum (who are like aunts and grandma for my girls ).

It will be our first trip for my family to disneyland (actually it's our first family trip ). My friend and her mum are disneyland vets.

Oh we just booked our accommodation on friday - we are staying at Hojo's in one of their new kids suites I almost cried when I was on hold to hojo's reservation staff and then when I got the confirmation number I done a wee dance...It is real now

The more the merrier Flea, glad you joined in!! Hojos is a great hotel. We stayed there the first time we visited in 2004 and I have to say it was MUCH cleaner and had better service than the deluxe resort we stayed in at WDW last year in the concierge level which cost around $500 a night (such a disgrace, was ssoooooo dissapointed). So for the price and location I think Hojos is a good deal and we can't wait to stay there again and try out their new pool area
aussiedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:15 AM   #30
aussiedaisy
The second star to the right, shines in the night for you to tell you that the dreams you plan, really can come true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czardas View Post
Who do you all use for travel insurance? I use www.travelinsurancedirect.com.au as I have always found them to be the best price.
Luckily I have never had to make a claim, fingers crossed. I would never book with a travel agent, as I always get far better deals online booking direct with the hotels etc.

I am staying at Park Vue nice and close to the enterance of Disneyland. I stayed at Camelot Inn & Suites last time, which was ok but had pretty lousy mattresses.
Hi Czardas!! We have in the past always used the insurance company travelsure which the travel agency used. But this year seeing as we are booking the trip ourselves I did HEAPS of research and decided to go with RACV travel insurance. We are members and got a discount and it ended up being around $200 for the two of us. Park Vue seems nice, apparently the breakfast is the best of all the hotels in the area. We were tossing up between there and the HoJo but decided as we have stayed at the Hojo before and liked it we would go there again.
aussiedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: