Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #151
gogo65
Cheering for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdisfan View Post
Hi everyone!
I am new to disboards.com and am loving it so far. i am a person who has a dirty little secret with being obsessed with all things disney. none of my friends and family seem to be interested with disney....seriously.......WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! oh well, their loss, am i right guys?

You have found the right place, you see we are all very normal here, it is everyone else who doesn't like disney that isn't.

Any trips planned yet??
DL Carousal Inn and Suites 12/09
Paris Disney 07/11
WDW Allstar Music 4/12

gogo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #152
becpee
I see sock puppets

I guess for a while I will be living vicariously through all of you
So keep up the good work.
Because our trip is so far away all we can do is look and dream and plan for now, even my DH is very excited which I am rapt about.
I am glad we have decided to book and plan everything ourselves, planning is definately half the fun.
We are hoping to fly V-Australia premium economy also, so hopefully the prices don't increase TOO much between now and booking the flights, does anybody know how far the good specials come out for Sep/Oct?
It will be 2010 so I know not until next year at least.
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2009, 02:15 AM   #153
marvel
DIS Veteran

HI there emum, ozdisfan, saskiwi and alyssafcameronsdad,

thanks for all the info brian, will definetly check out the insurance haven't got any yet. As for usafoods i have spent plenty on them but they are out of stock of alot of the stuff we like, my DS8 loves poptarts

saskiwi, you trip sounds great thanks for the tips.

ozdisfan - i know what you mean about others not understanding disney. we haven't told anyone at all about our upcomming trip as they won't understand why we need to go back 1 year after spending 7 weeks doing WDW, NY etc. but we just had to.

emum - love to hear about your trip last year as we are going sept this year. where did you stay etc etc, and where else did you visit?

becpee - we booked the specials for this sept about 3 weeks ago, so I suppose that gives you and idea for next year.

Last edited by marvel; 04-20-2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: -
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:35 AM   #154
LittleDisneyLovers
DIS Veteran

3 more sleeps!

Just found this thread, wish I'd found it weeks ago so I could share my excitement with other Disney lovers!
Ok, Disney History-
May 2005 DL for 50th celebrations.
April 2006 DL to finish 1st trip.
Sept 2008 WDW for a whole month! Port Orleans, French Quarter.
April 2009 - 3 more sleeps! Couldn't NOT go with the cheap flights at the moment! So, we're doing 10 nights in Anaheim, then a week in Vegas (Adults DL!) Travelling with DH and 2 x DD, 6 & 8. Staying at HOJO.
Will be sure to post any tips upon returning since their is so many changes lately. Don't hesitate to ask if anyone has any specific questions or stuff to check out while I'm there. I'm pretty open and honest, so ask away!
I'm a shopper, so any shopping questions will be taken extremely seriously (any excuse, right?)
Ohh, and I'm more than happy to "test" some churro's, dolewhips and handfuls of Taffy if anybody needs me to.....anybody?
PS, Great Thread!!!!!

Last edited by LittleDisneyLovers; 04-20-2009 at 03:59 AM.
LittleDisneyLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:33 AM   #155
marvel
DIS Veteran

Great to hear from you. Great to add another disney addict to the club. Look forward to hearing about your trip when you return, we are big shoppers as well. Love to hear about your WDW trip as well, when you get back of course

Have a great trip, look forward to hearing more from you.

We plan on staying at HOJO in sept so really interested in your honest opinion on it, as I am still a little
nervous about the noise issue.

Last edited by marvel; 04-20-2009 at 04:35 AM. Reason: -
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 AM   #156
Czardas
Mouseketeer

Hi guys, I have been away for a week sick in bed - only the flu but enough to knock me around . Gee this thread has taken off -

I have 3 Disneyland maps, they are from last year but very relavant. So I am happy to post to the first 3 who PM me with their postal details and haven't been to Disneyland before.

Update

Aussie trip planners 2009

May

BecBennett -
Renderman7-

June

July

August

September

Czardas - 09-12 September - Park Vue
Marvel -19-27/9 – Hojo’s
Butterflykisses- 21-28/9 - Hojo
rossip

October

Platypus67 -14-18/10 -Hojo
Ihaveamickeymousekid – 18-26/10 - Carousal Inn
Flea 18/10-1/11 Hojo’s

November

Aussiemickeys 15-17/11
Aussiedaisy & youngaussienurse - 17-24/11 - Hojo

December

ColB
Gogo65 25-30/12 - Carousal Inn

Aussie trip planners 2009 WDW

Sharkmeister
Dollarmite
ColB 8/12

Aussie trip planners 2010

KylieH Oct 2010
Becpee Oct 2010
Mareeld86

Random Bits

Insurance Company - travelinsurancedirect I have used for every holiday for the past 3 or 4 years. They are under written by Alianz. Great prices but I have never (thank goodness) had to make a claim so I can't vouch for there services in the claims department.

Vegas Accomodation - We stayed at The Palazzo not long after they opened. This massive hotel is connected to the Venetian and directly opposite Treasure Island. What can I say it was fantastic and I have noticed that they have great prices at the moment. All rooms are suites and huge. If anyone would like me to email them photos of the rooms, just PM me.
Vegas Grand Canyon Tour - We did a helicopter flight with a company called Maverick. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. We landed near the Colarado river and they even had picnic tables and offered champagne and hampers. Flew over Hoover dam as well.

Website - I love using a website called seatguru.com this allows you to view all the seats on the plane and see which ones are better than others, and which ones not to sit in. All airlines are listed.
Also checkmytrip.com which is handy to see where your seats are that have been allocated and which ones are still available.

Disneyland Express - This was a really simple way to get from the airport to our Disneyland hotel, as we weren't going to hire a car. Who wants to drive on the other side of the road after a 14 hour flight and then pay for a car to sit in a carpark all day? We came out of the customs area, walked out to the medium strip and waited about 15 minutes before the well signwritten bus came and picked us up. I didn't bother about making a booking, just jumped on and paid when we arrived at one of the stops. Easy.

Food - The serving size in America is massive. Get ready for everything being deep fried or coming with packets of potoato chips. I couldn't get over how many people were drinking coke with their breakfasts
I also spent ages in the supermarket amazed at the massive choices. I am sure we saw an aisle dedicated to donuts

Our flights there and back
  • Our flight over was wonderful until I was served a steak sandwhich that had a live cochroach in it, which looked like he came from the lettuce. The FA couldnt believe it until I handed her the semi squished little fella in a serviette. The cabin manager rushed in and was sooo apologetic, offering me anything in the duty free shopping catalogue I wanted. I didn't take it as it started to feel like I had planted it there. it was becoming embaressing. I was given a bottle of Dom Perigon as I left the flight, which went down nicely when we got to Vegas. When I got home there was a very appologetic letter from Qantas, as well as a David Jones gift voucher. I have since read in the paper this happening to another passenger on the same Mel-Lax route.
  • Our flight home last year was a bit exciting also as I was seated next to Ozzie Osbourne and his wife Sharon. It made for an interesting flight. The Qantas staff were all over him. I must admit that the aftershave that he put on the next morning was really yummy and to this day I am kicking myself for not asking what it was. Might I just add that his brain cells are fried
Disneyland Oct 26-29 2011 - Park Vue Inn
Disneyland Sep 09 - Park Vue Inn
Disneyland Feb 08 - Camelot Inn & Suites

Last edited by Czardas; 04-20-2009 at 04:44 AM.
Czardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #157
LittleDisneyLovers
DIS Veteran

Postcards?

I don't want to hijack this thread, so kick me out if I am, But.... Since there are so many of us down under that are planning trips......I thought we could start a postcard thingy. So I goes like this, I am willing to send 5 postcards from DL to kids in OZ/NZ, Saying something like "I hear your coming to see me soon, I am looking forward to meeting you! Love Mickey", But....If you recieve a card you have to agree to send some to other kids on your trip. What do y'all think?
I have tomorrow and Wednesday to get organised with names and addresses, if anyone is interested???
Old 04-20-2009, 05:24 AM   #158
Flea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDisneyLovers View Post
I don't want to hijack this thread, so kick me out if I am, But.... Since there are so many of us down under that are planning trips......I thought we could start a postcard thingy. So I goes like this, I am willing to send 5 postcards from DL to kids in OZ/NZ, Saying something like "I hear your coming to see me soon, I am looking forward to meeting you! Love Mickey", But....If you recieve a card you have to agree to send some to other kids on your trip. What do y'all think?
I have tomorrow and Wednesday to get organised with names and addresses, if anyone is interested???
That sounds like a nice idea

DL Oct 09 Hoping to go back in 2013
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 AM   #159
Flea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czardas View Post
  • Our flight over was wonderful until I was served a steak sandwhich that had a live cochroach in it, which looked like he came from the lettuce. The FA couldnt believe it until I handed her the semi squished little fella in a serviette. The cabin manager rushed in and was sooo apologetic, offering me anything in the duty free shopping catalogue I wanted. I didn't take it as it started to feel like I had planted it there. it was becoming embaressing. I was given a bottle of Dom Perigon as I left the flight, which went down nicely when we got to Vegas. When I got home there was a very appologetic letter from Qantas, as well as a David Jones gift voucher. I have since read in the paper this happening to another passenger on the same Mel-Lax route.
  • Our flight home last year was a bit exciting also as I was seated next to Ozzie Osbourne and his wife Sharon. It made for an interesting flight. The Qantas staff were all over him. I must admit that the aftershave that he put on the next morning was really yummy and to this day I am kicking myself for not asking what it was. Might I just add that his brain cells are fried
Sorry you have been sick - I've been sick in bed today luckily with the laptop so I can do some "research"

I would LOVE to be seated with Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne - how cool is that

DL Oct 09 Hoping to go back in 2013
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #160
LittleDisneyLovers
DIS Veteran

Ok Flea, so your number 1.
The first 5 people to PM me thier child's first name, address and favourite Disney character (i will try to accomodate) have a postcard on the way. I will be posting them between 23rd April and 3rd May.
I just love spreading the magic! It's good karma too!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #161
kylieh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czardas View Post
Food - The serving size in America is massive. Get ready for everything being deep fried or coming with packets of potoato chips. I couldn't get over how many people were drinking coke with their breakfasts

Ooh, the food. I think that what is deep fried is over cooked, it's a lot darker than what we're used to here.

How cool, with Ossie and Sharon. Were you in the pointy end of the plain? We saw a few famous people when we were there in Sept/Oct...

Mickey Rooney in the American Airlines/Qantas Club lounge in LA while waiting for our transfer to Las Vegas. He looked, well he is, very very old. He had someone pushing him in a wheelchair. We didn't say anything, or even really look as I was trying to work out how to find drinks in there and pretty frazzled from the trip over.

Heather Locklear, staying in the same hotel in Las Vegas, had a brief and very good for DD's confidence, conversation with DD.

Kid Rock - somehow my favourite meet up on the last trip, same hotel again in LV, he had his entourage of ladies around, but spoke in detail to DH about the qualities of McDonalds at 10.30 at night while they rode the lift together! DH was carrying back McD's to DD who decided she was hungry at that time of night!

DH is in media so it's not normally thing, but the above, mainly Mickey Rooney was cool and I got a buzz out of it.

And perhaps a celeb ....
Emum - good to see you back, I think it was you and your family that I saw when we were in DL last year, but you were on the other side of Main Street.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #162
LittleDisneyLovers
DIS Veteran

Ok Flea, so your number 1.
The first 5 people to PM me thier child's first name, address and favourite Disney character (i will try to accomodate) have a postcard on the way. I will be posting them between 23rd April and 3rd May.
I just love spreading the magic! It's good karma too!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #163
LittleDisneyLovers
DIS Veteran

for lovintheland

sorry, can't PM you back. It should arrive just in time, as long as I use a US postal box, not one in DL, they are very slow! It's on it's way.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #164
Sharkmeister
Mouseketeer

LittleDisneyLovers, that sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately I don't plan on telling my kids they are going back until September (we go towards the end). They are still getting over our trip in January. I got 36 photos printed (more to come) and my DD has given everyone a running commentary on the photos complete with extra details - like this is where we had breakfast with Mickey Mouse!
Sharkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #165
LittleDisneyLovers
DIS Veteran

Sharkmeister, I know all about it! My girls are Disney, Disney, Disney 24/7. They show everyone they can catch their autograph books! Especially thier prized photo of them with Snow White and all 7 dwarves! LOL!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: