Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #3376
kopitedor
Mouseketeer

7wks 4days 18hrs 8mins 5secs left until kopitedor's POR retorn
Old 06-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #3377
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I am getting way too old. I cleaned up the garden yesterday and pulled the weeds between the garage and the fence, and today I can hardly move! My back is killing me and my knees don't want to bend.

My car crash injuries still haunt me. I had been doing okay this year because I only did a small amount at a time, but yesterday I just wanted it done! Now I am done!

TP2 - we hit Universal for the first time in March and DD14 loved it and DD17 said it was good but not as Magical as Disney. We stayed at the Portofino and it was beautiful but very expensive.

I found the food at Universal really poor but we did not hit any sit down restaurants on property.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #3378
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hiya everyone!

Happy June

TP2, Your kids will love it. US is alot of fun > the girls must like rollar coasters and US / IOA is loaded with them. There was enough "sedate" rides to keep bug & I busy too. But, beware >> their water rides are all water! We actually had to run back to the room soak down to undies. We saw people stripping to swim suits and thought HUH? and found out in a hurry. Save the water rides for last before returning to room and do them all in a row.
A good friend just stayed at royal pacific and loved it too. That is the only one we haven't tried. Did not like HRH at all & loved Portfino bay.
They all had super pools.

Candi, I hear you. Had a long 4 day weekend off > cleaned house solid for 2 days and was sooooooooooooooo worn out didn't do another thing.

Well we are down to 21 days! Getting excited.
Hoping for great weather. It has been cold and raining here > and are dreaming of sitting at pool........

Tomar, NJ housewives tonight! Let the chaos begin.....

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #3379
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

NBA City has good food. We all liked it. There is also a way to make an online reservation too which is helpful. I will have to remind myself how to do that. I'd skip meals in the parks and hit City Walk.

The one bakery on the right on the way into Universal is very good...gets great reviews. Everyone seemed to like that.

When we were at Universal...I could still eat a few things
Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #3380
EEyorelover22

DH and I are hooked on many shows on the Food Network.
Most of the stuff on Chopped I have never heard of before
Old 06-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #3381
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

MKY: I forgot about Housewives. With the summer comes junk tv!

EE22: I keep going to the planning site and there is not much info there. I guess it is much easier to plan than Disney. Thanks for the restaurant advice.

Off to watch the Housewives!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #3382
j67bubba
Earning My Ears

Arriving July 4th Week

Hello all, Newbie here.
Vacation date: July 4 - July 9th, with 4 Magic Your Way Tickets (x4)
Resort: Coronado Resort with water view room.
Family members coming: 4 - Dad(me), mom and 2 - 6 1/2 year olds (Twin girls)

First time ever for all of us at Disney World

Brief planning for our Vaction:
- We started planning the trip around Christmas time last year. Gift from Grandparents
- After exhaustive research on which resort or hotel off Disney we wanted to stay at, we selected the Coronado Resort because of the size of the beds
(Twin beds are too small) and the benefits of staying at a Disney Resort.
- Reserved our resort and tickets in Feb.
- In April, TV commercials showed discounts for DW during the time we are going to be there so we called them and they gave us the discount, saving us around $300.00. NICE!
- May 28th Received our Coupon book from DW and Luggage tags - Twins went nuts for them.
- This weekend after realizing we are almost at 30 days:
- - Joined about a gazzilion form sites to gather as much info about the resort and park as possible.
- - Started making up list of items we should take on trip (moleskin, asprin, Cell phone chargers, sun screen lotion ect...)

The Planned Trip:
July 3rd - We start driving to DW from Oklahoma (19 Hour Drive). Stopping for rest around Jackson Mississippi. (Driving cheaper than flying)
July 4th - Leave Jackson for Orlando. Figured this would be an great drive the for the girls since there will be fireworks going off left and right of us once it gets dark.
----- Should arrive to the park around 8-9pm, just in time for the Parks Firework show.
July 5-9 - Enjoy the resort and park - Have made list of which parks allow early entry for those staying at the resorts.
July 10 - Leave for long trip back to Oklahoma with an overnight stop in Galveston Texas.
July 11 - Back home in Oklahoma after stopping for Lunch in Dallas with Grandparents so Granddaughters can tell them all about the trip.

We did not purchase a dinning package because the girls are picky eaters and don't eat that much anyway so instead we are bringing food with us that they do like to eat. Just didn't make sense spending that much money on a package that wouldn't be fully used.

Any suggestion on what rides to avoid or must do first would be helpful.
Both girls are over 48 inch tall - how many rides have height restrictions?

We do know that we are going to spend time at the Dig site pool for the Coronado Resort, if anything to allow our feet to rest. lol
Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #3383
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by j67bubba View Post
Hello all, Newbie here.
Vacation date: July 4 - July 9th, with 4 Magic Your Way Tickets (x4)
Resort: Coronado Resort with water view room.
Family members coming: 4 - Dad(me), mom and 2 - 6 1/2 year olds (Twin girls)

First time ever for all of us at Disney World

Brief planning for our Vaction:
- We started planning the trip around Christmas time last year. Gift from Grandparents
- After exhaustive research on which resort or hotel off Disney we wanted to stay at, we selected the Coronado Resort because of the size of the beds
(Twin beds are too small) and the benefits of staying at a Disney Resort.
- Reserved our resort and tickets in Feb.
- In April, TV commercials showed discounts for DW during the time we are going to be there so we called them and they gave us the discount, saving us around $300.00. NICE!
- May 28th Received our Coupon book from DW and Luggage tags - Twins went nuts for them.
- This weekend after realizing we are almost at 30 days:
- - Joined about a gazzilion form sites to gather as much info about the resort and park as possible.
- - Started making up list of items we should take on trip (moleskin, asprin, Cell phone chargers, sun screen lotion ect...)

The Planned Trip:
July 3rd - We start driving to DW from Oklahoma (19 Hour Drive). Stopping for rest around Jackson Mississippi. (Driving cheaper than flying)
July 4th - Leave Jackson for Orlando. Figured this would be an great drive the for the girls since there will be fireworks going off left and right of us once it gets dark.
----- Should arrive to the park around 8-9pm, just in time for the Parks Firework show.
July 5-9 - Enjoy the resort and park - Have made list of which parks allow early entry for those staying at the resorts.
July 10 - Leave for long trip back to Oklahoma with an overnight stop in Galveston Texas.
July 11 - Back home in Oklahoma after stopping for Lunch in Dallas with Grandparents so Granddaughters can tell them all about the trip.

We did not purchase a dinning package because the girls are picky eaters and don't eat that much anyway so instead we are bringing food with us that they do like to eat. Just didn't make sense spending that much money on a package that wouldn't be fully used.

Any suggestion on what rides to avoid or must do first would be helpful.
Both girls are over 48 inch tall - how many rides have height restrictions?

We do know that we are going to spend time at the Dig site pool for the Coronado Resort, if anything to allow our feet to rest. lol
- You have a great agenda. My be sprinkled over you and your family. I think 48" is the max height restrictions for any of the fast moving rides. You'll be just fine. Maybe you'll have time to read my July 2012 trip report under my ticker. Might help you a bit...

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 - (Learning How To - ) ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009,

WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013, DLR 2014
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #3384
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Good Morning to all - 39 more days. Midori started her Summer BB league yesterday, practice from 4pm to 6pm, 3 evening games a week.

We had to cancel Equestrian camp, DD wants to play her favorite sport Volleyball. Volleyball starts Tuesday morning.

June will fly by...Lucy (13), Midori BF is so excited for her first Disney visit.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 - (Learning How To - ) ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009,

WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013, DLR 2014
Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #3385
EEyorelover22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2 View Post
MKY: I forgot about Housewives. With the summer comes junk tv!

EE22: I keep going to the planning site and there is not much info there. I guess it is much easier to plan than Disney. Thanks for the restaurant advice.

Off to watch the Housewives!
Much easier to plan than Disney. Water rides...SOAKED. DS and DD did one day in clothes to get wet in and went back and changed because you get so wet.

FOTL is awesome, but ride those that don't have it first as those lines get very long.

If you see something you want in the candy shop in Harry Potter be sure to buy it as it will be gone. We made that mistake.

Like with Disney, early bird....especially with Harry Potter. Wand show is awesome, but not worth the wait in the long hot sun. There is no shade while waiting. If you are there when it opens...not a bad wait. DD was picked for the show too which made it a lot more fun. Be sure to walk slowly through the Castle for the Forbidden Journey and the wands don't fit in the lockers.

Harry Potter really should be seen without a lot of people to get the feel of the place. When we went in 2010 we got into Orlando around 2 and we ate dinner after checking in and went and figured out where we were going for the next day and did ride Forbidden Journey that night so we could do it more than once.

Sundays are the least busy day at US/IOA...everyone coming and going. Someone working the turnstiles told me that. As the week goes on, it does get busier.

The lockers for the coasters are nice and easy to use.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #3386
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

4 more days!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #3387
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya everyone,

Anyone done a "family Plan" for rental boats at the resorts? I know we did it at Poly & CR a few years ago > its a flat rate for length of stay > unlimited use..... Well we where thinking about it again > but couldn't remember if they still did it? or what the prices ran? I think we paid so much per # of days we where at the resort.

TP2, they even followed the housewives with a show from your long island. That was kinda interesting.
Still waiting for the "chicago" version of these shows. So far we only had chicagolicious. Which wasn't that bad....

US >> I remember > do NOT eat the "green eggs and ham" sandwich. Now, that was bad.

RHMH, wow, you guys are busy. Enjoy!

DDNUT WTG on 4 days!

J67B, nice work! Looks like all good ideas.

EE22, Hope you enjoying your "summer" so far. All this rain > will be good for your corn crop.
US > we haven't been since the harry potter stuff, but we did wind up in some cave that they kept moving you around to other "rooms" in it??? was the oddest show and we where in there a long time. The finally was very impressive but not the rest of it. Is this the show you where talking about? Or what is the name of that one? Not even sure if it was IOA or US.
Just remember bug said NO never again in there.

Tomar, the Jersey shore on the housewives was sooooo sad. Nice that they showed that. Wow, crazy devastation. Sad.
Hoping it is back soon.

Well the Bulls didn't get anywhere > but GO HAWKS!

mky 20 days to go!

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 06-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #3388
EEyorelover22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Hiya everyone,

EE22, Hope you enjoying your "summer" so far. All this rain > will be good for your corn crop.
US > we haven't been since the harry potter stuff, but we did wind up in some cave that they kept moving you around to other "rooms" in it??? was the oddest show and we where in there a long time. The finally was very impressive but not the rest of it. Is this the show you where talking about? Or what is the name of that one? Not even sure if it was IOA or US.
Just remember bug said NO never again in there.
20 days to go!
No....I didn't do this when we were there. There is a wand show that is part of the HP movies that they do and a person gets picked to select their wand like in the movie when Harry gets his wand. I wonder if that is the Posiden thing? No clue. DS and DH did it, but they don't remember much
Old 06-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #3389
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

EE22,

Sounds like could of been a show called Posiden. Had alot of water and fire involved.
We have only seen a few of the potter movies. So not sure if I could follow all the things.
I do remember having a few issues with fotl. Now, its been several years but they did not always have a castmember at the site where the lines joined. And a big mob who have standed in line was not always agreeable to letting you in the line. I hope this has been fixed. But, could of been cause it was a fall trip and not terribly busy.

Thanks, mky

Old 06-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #3390
adabat
Earning My Ears

Less then three days till trip Can't wait for Friday!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: