Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #3091
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

The news reports are awful.

I won't be able to watch it much longer. I saw the NYC wouldn't have power till maybe Monday.

My family out East is well too...thank goodness!

They are predicting another icky storm early next week too...not as bad, but still rain. Not good.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #3092
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya,

Glad to hear, our dis friends are safe. Sounds like a huge ordeal, can't even image but everyone is safe. Might not even help. Lots of tv coverage was very scary.

Candi, let us know how you did?

Seems like it stopped in northwest Indiana and headed north. We got some waves and wind but very doable. Luckily.

Hang in there, mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #3093
EEyorelover22

Looking forward to hearing from our Buddies again.
So far...still safe.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #3094
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya,

Wow, it was cold here today. I can't believe its November already.

Hope our East coast friends are hanging in there.

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #3095
EEyorelover22

They need major Pixie Dust!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #3096
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya all,

Hope things get back to normal soon > but now with this nor-eastern blowing in tonight > tommorrow might not. So so soooooooooo sorry.
Hang in there you guys, we are all thinking of you & sending our prayers.

Raining here so that is even headed east, sorry. Been cold too. also sorry. Seems we can't help.

Hang in there all.

Big day in USA tonight. Good luck all, mky

Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #3097
EEyorelover22

I hope the storm leaves them be too mky!!!

They need a break!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #3098
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Hello Everyone - Hope all is good and everyone is healthy. Weather is up and down here in Texas... I am like mkymouse4ever. November is almost half way through. The stores have Christmas Decor out already. WOW !!! I just laugh at the TV commercials Really !!! Holiday Music ??

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #3099
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Well HELLO everyone!!! So 9 days with no power and about 7 without the ability to communicate from home. So crazy. Finally got power at noon today but we are getting warnings about this new storm that our power is only temporary. So no food purchases. Just buying food by the meal. Supposedly there is help to replace lost food if you go more than 4 hours without power. I am sure 9 days qualifies but I have to figure the whole thing out. Our power lines are still sitting on the grouend in a lot of areas. I think they used duct tape to get us up and running today. Did laundry and showered. Kids finally going back to school tomorrow but no other activities other than school. Worst part of this whole thing is the gas shortage. Instead of getting a break from home we became more and more homebound because there is just no gas. Very scary. Another scary thing is telling your 8 year old, on a restricted diet, that she has to choose from a limited menu because that is all the store has. But our house is fine and we are all okay so it is all just a hassle and nothing that wont get better. Thanks for all the good wishes.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #3100
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

TP2,

So happy to hear from you. Glad you got your power on, looks like your next storm is going to be bad too. Sorry.
The news has done a great job of covering the devasation, so we have all been so worried. Hope the gas crisis gets fixed soon.
But, I guess spending that time with your family was at least a plus.
And that your house has survived that is a relief.

Hang in there. We are all here for you.

mky

Old 11-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #3101
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Checking in from New Jersey today !!!!
Hi Guys !!
I know all of you have been keeping a watchful eye out for what` s been going on here in our tri state area...The Tomars want to thank you all for your care and concern ...it meant alot to us ...We finally got power back Monday night after 7pm....It was really an ordeal to just try and stay warm (we used the car heater alot while charging our cell phones ) !...Our neighbor has a generator, and offered to hook us up....so we can at least have our frige working and not have to throw away food...it was brutal cold some nights ...but concidering what others have gone through this past week (loosing EVERYTHING and thier homes as well )...we are counting our blessings on just loosing a Large Branch from our front lawn Bradford Pear Tree, and having NO power for soo long ...It was a daunting task sometimes just trying to get gas for our cars and generators ....Our Gov. has requested and recieved help regarding power Co.`s from many states....we have seen trucks here from as far away as Michigan !! Thank God for them !!...I hear ya TP2 about Laundry...we are still washing clothes....Soooo Happy that your Power is back on as well ...Today we are dealing with another NOR EASTER...but right now it is mainly SNOW here ..I am praying that the winds stay calm , because we may loose power again , and that is my biggest fear right now ...yuk
Old 11-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #3102
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Tomar,

So so soooooooooooo glad to hear from you too. Glad your starting to see some improvements. Finally. Funny we take it all for granted by just flipping the light switch but after a while off >> it makes you so thankful to have it. Hope the gas prices are behaving there too. They should not be taking advantage of our east coast friends, cause everyone needs gas. TP2, was saying what an ordeal it was to get gas if you even could. Sorry about the tree. But sounds like it "fell" the right way.
Well, you win this years 2012 1st snow to the area. Nothing here yet, and you should be getting our rain to mix in tonight or tommorrow. Ugh.
Good luck with this storm, hope it is less than what they are reporting.

See if we all moved to florida > it would NOT be cold when this sort of thing happens.

mky

Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #3103
EEyorelover22

Now they have snow
Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #3104
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya everyone

Happy sunday night. Hope things are getting closer to normal from our east coast friends. Thought I would do a little xmas shopping online. disney has a code for their site so might check it out. {{ shopping code NOT wdw }}
I see from our counter I am at 5 months. WooHoo. It will fly by now with all the Holidays coming.

EE22, I know your getting close too. Very exciting.
Go BEARS tonight big game. I hope they play good or our houses will be UN BEARABLE.

It was almost 70 here all weekend. Now that the game is starting tonight the temp is supposed to drop 35 degrees and its pouring out. Should be interesting.

Tomar & TP2 hoping things start getting better soon. Hang in there.

mky

Old 11-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #3105
EEyorelover22

mky....very strange weather.
Colder here too today. Very strange.

Seems weird that Thanksgiving is next week too.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: