Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #3031
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Hi MKY and EE22 - sorry to have been gone so much lately.

I am sorry to hear the boys are still struggling. Keep up the great work with them. They are lucky to have you to love them.

DH turned 48 today...my how fast the years have passed.

EE22 - I have stayed near the airport for the night we fly in but not offsite in a long time. We stayed at the Nikolodean the year we met up with Bug and MKY but it is best for families with little kids.

I was able to get a good rate at Portofino at Universal so I am pleased with that.

I still have a ton to learn about the parks and such as I don't seem to have a clue.

We were busy looking at the wedding photos last night and there are some good ones. I will have to put some on a site and send the link to everyone. It was such a great day we are still talking about it!
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #3032
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Would love to see the pics Candi.

With FOTL you don't have to plan nearly as much as at WDW, but still good to know what's what.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #3033
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya everyone

Candi, nice to hear from you. Score Portofino is lovely. Or at least the last time we stayed. Out of the Universal onsites it is our favorite. The pools are fabulous. there is a sweet, large "quiet" adult pool & and very cool "theme" pool. They have a great spa if your interested. About the only thing they do NOT have is a laundry on site. So pack accordingly. We loved the Italian "mama's " resturant at the resort.
Have fun. Is this your March trip? Are you planning wdw at all or not for that trip? FOTL is great. I do hope they fixed it a little. Last time we where there > we had a couple of issues where the lines merged > they didn't always have a castmember there and people who where standing "in line" waiting wheren't always accommodating with us with fotl. Let me know if this is still the case, cause it was a bit unsettling sometimes.
Yes, would love to see pic's too.

EE22, Hmmmm, yes I could of owned at least a condo with my resort $$$ for the last few years. [[another reason, we didn't dvc ]]
Only going golden oak after I win that major lottery. Maybe I can get a tent in FW But, yes we look at the "sale signs" when we ride around. Celebration would be way cool >>> but again pricey. Well, we can dream. Oh to be in a trailer park in kissessmee. is probably closer to the truth.

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 10-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #3034
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone !!
Sorry Ive been sort of MIA for the last few weeks, (Since my 2 day hospital check up "Extravaganza" )...Ive been trying to get used to 2 meds that the doctors have tweaked on me (well one of them is a new one altogether)...and the dosing has taken a while to adjust to...YUK Not too much of a problem though.. considering the condition I was in this time last year !!
Anyway....I hope everyone is doing well ....we are having all sorts of weird weather here in NJ...(one day it is soooo warm...AC back on....next it is cold....I was tempted to open the heat !...and all this week it was Horribly rainy and yukky )..
MKY- hope the boys are doing well ...Im sure that with such good caretakers they are well on the way to being just Perfect again !
At this point in time I have absolutely NO idea when we are actually going to the world again....I would love love love . to take advantage of the new DVC PAP Discount....but... in all reality , we are very up in the air of when and what month we would go right now, ( the Discounted PAP has to be activated by Dec. of `13).. and we were really going to just skip this coming year altogether....I know Mr. Tomar would love "ONCE AGAIN"...another summer by the BWV pool .....but without a good AP room discount (and that has been far and in between these days ) for a longer stay... who knows !!
Soooo, having said that ...I am wishing everyone a "Happy Thursday" , and hope you all have a GREAT upcoming weekend" !
Old 10-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #3035
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya Tomar, So glad your back. I was worried about your extravaganza. Glad things are starting to even out.
I think we all just need to relax, and think positive, that ap rates will be helpful this year. Right now, wdw has a 25 to 30% general code on their website. And I would certainly think it is busy over the holiday time, or through mvmcp.

We are definately planning to spend way less this year. April & June are only 1 week, and then our big trip will be in october. If I splurge it will be oct. Unless something comes up as a really really really great offer.

The boys are a slow process. And yes, the nurse in me wants to fix it. But, no matter how much we do > they are dogs. Go out in the yard 5 minutes and they are eating rocks, mud, leaves, bugs,. . . . . OMG
I wish I could ground them. Or withhold their allowance.

It is cold here. Heat has been on for days. Well, its good for the crime levels.
I got our house all halloween ready. Humphrey has seen and approved our chip & dale outfits. So we are all set for mnsshp 2013, now we have to wait a year.

Have a great weekend all, mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 10-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #3036
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Hiya Tomar, So glad your back. I was worried about your extravaganza. Glad things are starting to even out.
I think we all just need to relax, and think positive, that ap rates will be helpful this year. Right now, wdw has a 25 to 30% general code on their website. And I would certainly think it is busy over the holiday time, or through mvmcp.

mky
Aww....MKY...Thank you so much for thinking of me....and especially for helping to put a positive spin on future Disney Planning .....Glad you and Bug are in sync with your Chip and Dale costumes ...Soooo cute
Now...Heres a little tip for you guys to choose which little fella you`d prefer...(although I know you must know this..Somehow..I seem to keep forgetting
Chip , has a darker pelt, a black nose and one tooth; Dale, is lighter in color, has a large red nose, and two buck teeth ...(I love them both)
I know it must...sometimes... be frustrating for the boys to stick to the rules of "Doggie Getting Better 101"...your absolutely right in that they are going to do what doggies do ....Hang in there, I hope it gets better and better soon !!!
Mr. Tomar and I just found out that our little Prince has to have his tonsils out on Nov. 1st ...We feel soooo bad that he has been getting "Strep" more often then not lately ...and the doc feels its just time for him to have this done ....Guess Gramma will just be doing what she does best now...Worrying !!

Happy Weekend guys !!!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #3037
EEyorelover22

There is a code that goes through March 7th now too.

DD would tell you that Chip has a black nose like a chocolate chip

It is freezing here...flannel pjs and I'm washing the flannel sheetsDS asked for another blanket too. I will have to buy him one of those thick ones they sell in the mall around the holidays. Watch this year they won't come to ours.

Sorry about the tonsils Tomar.
I hope the boys are improving mky.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #3038
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya everyone

EE22, I hear you. Its freezing here. Jedi has to wear his new pumkin sweater out cause he is so skinny. Put my mickey comforter out too.

Tomar, you have been through DGD t&a already. It is alot of work >> but will be worth it in the end. Remember, steel nerves, and push fluids, even when he doesn't want it. Hang in there.

mky

Old 10-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #3039
EEyorelover22

Pumpkin Sweater

MNSSHP is still in the works...I hope we can make it work.
We'll come as husband and wife rather than Chip and Dale. I am not sure I could get DH to dress up.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #3040
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEyorelover22 View Post
Pumpkin Sweater

MNSSHP is still in the works...I hope we can make it work.
We'll come as husband and wife rather than Chip and Dale. I am not sure I could get DH to dress up.
You have to. Or at least get a halloween t-shirt. We got more coments when we didn't dress up. Our hx is more people do than don't.
But remember to not do something that takes up to much room in your luggage.

mky

Old 10-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #3041
EEyorelover22

I have heard that!
My friend was just down there and wore her old CM outfit and was "a ghost" from our old store

I could always throw on my Elvira black wig.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #3042
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone.

It is the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend here so tonight was turkey with my parents and family. I cooked one turkey for today and will cook a second one tomorrow for DD17, DD14 and DH, our adopted son (DAS26) and daughter-in-law and his brother and maybe his girlfriend if she likes. Plus DD's boyfriend will join us as well.

MKY - I am glad the boys are getting better and I know what you mean about eating stuff in the yard... Hopefully they will cut back on the stones as they get a bit older but bugs will always be popular.

Tomar - sorry the Prince is having such a hard time. Hopefully he feels a lot better after.

MKY - it is our March trip we are going to Universal. No Disney parks this trip but we may hit a water park and I am sure we will go to Downtown Disney at least once. I would like to hit Welcome Home Wednesday again too. I liked it when we went a few years back.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 10-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #3043
EEyorelover22

Happy Thanksgiving Candi!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #3044
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone
Happy Columbus Day for those who celebrate ! We do here in NY and NJ

Candi- "Happy Thanksgiving" to you and your family !!
Thank you for the well wishes for our little Prince...he is recouping from another bout of Strep right now
We`ve never made it to any of the Welcome Home Wednesdays Candi...
Id love to hear about your next experience when you get back in March

EE22- Thank you as well about the little Prince...I was hysterical reading what you and DH were going to MNSSHP as ... Hope your DH is not like mine...he won`t even wear his "Anniversary Button", so I have 2 buttons on my bag at all times !!

MKY- Yes...I remember what the Princess went through not too long ago, and I hope the little Prince has a little easier time of it...The princess had to have the tube put into her ear and was watched closely by the docs for a while.....but yes...it wasn`t too bad, I know that I shouldn`t be alarmed... but ...knowing me ...I will worry anyway
WEll...its Officially COLD here now unfortunately !...I also have my "Mickey" fleece blanket out now MKY

Hope everyone has a GREAT week !!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #3045
EEyorelover22

DH probably would dress up...He wore that Anniversary button at DL everyday!! He would even remind me to put mine on

MNSSHP...pipe dream. It's so busy this time of year at work
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: