Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #16
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post

EE22,
I so hope you like the tea. It is a fun and relaxing thing. Kinda different. Hopefully, the crowd there will be good. Sometimes they are a bit stuffy but we just ignore it and have fun. Remember, all teas are available in "ice tea" versions. i love the sandwiches have her try them. They are very good about allergies, etc... and always ask there. For Monday the 13th we got GF's cafe after 5pm. We thought about narcoosee's or the buffet, but like the cafe. Its a short trip for us, so we are just doing our favorites, nothing new.

Hope everyone has a better week. mky
DL11 and I will secretly make fun of the stuff shirts if we have too. She and I are also doing the Cafe for breakfast. We have that before the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. She is so excited. Maybe since she's 16 this year. I'm old....

13th...we are doing the buffet at Park Fare and then WISHES ON THE BEACHI think there may be some friends there that eveing
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #17
EEyorelover22

PAGE TWO!!!
248 till we are done again
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone. Hope all is well. Seems like there has been so much bad news lately.

Tomar There is not much else to say. You are in my thoughts daily.

Candi and Minnie: Hope you guys are both getting on. Minnie: I also thought you were a wreck, not that you were in an accident. How awful. I hope you are doing better.

EE22: I hope you have good news. I can't take much else.

We had to change our dates once again. I am starting to feel like we will never get to Disney again. I was trying to leave on Sunday the 16th but the flights are a fortune to travel on a Sunday so I switched to Tuesday. So now we are leaving on the 18th of August instead of the 16th. With only buying 3 tickets it was a difference of over $500. Now on a Tuesday I can purchase all 5 tickets, save our credit card miles, and still save a couple of dollars.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #19
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hiya everyone,

EE22, Your right, we are once again zipping along. New thread no problem. I was a good sister, and even let the bug know we got restarted.

Tp2, Hmmmm, I am so sorry. I know you have been waiting like crazy. But, knowing you >> you can offer up your over booked seats and get free tix for your next trip? Or, did you guys consider driving? Would you get any extra time doing that? Driving down is not bad at all >> its the coming back part that is torture. But, we are once again considering for October. It would be so nice to have our "own" car there. I hate worrying about rentals etc... . From here: if we leave right after work 4pm should get to wdw at about 1pm if straight thru or after 6pm if stops. flying arrive anytime the next day. We are flying in july after i get off of work which will be an 8pm flight and with time change 12am landing? That makes for a long nite. But, coming home it is soooooooooooooo much nicer to get on a plane & car ride home.
Driving home, your already tired and certainly not excited about going home. But we usually set up to stop and get home with a couple of days rest at home. It will cut out up to 4 wdw days. We usually toss the idea around and then wind up flying.

Tomar, Thinking of you. Hope your doing ok.

minnie, hope your feeling better soon. You have had a rough couple of years now.

Well, I can give some good news finally. Had my repeat upper endoscopy today and ulcer free [for now anyway] Yesterday, was mom & dad's 59th wedding anniv. That is a long time. We went out to dinner. Mom, was pretty good yesterday.

Hope everyone, is enjoying there thursday, mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 04-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #20
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

MKY: Wow!!! 59 Years!!! I will be married 13 and that seems long. 59 is a lifetime, that is for sure.

So happy you had good news from the doctor. Finally something good. Maybe this is the turnaround.

I have considered driving for a couple of reasons. After DD got sick 2 years ago I felt so trapped. If we had our own car we could have gone home at any time instead of staying there. Also, we would not have had to put her on the flight. Not to mention all the germs traveling on the plane. Plus we would have our car when we got there. Problem is DD10 gets car sick so not sure how 20 hours would work out. Maybe give her something to sleep. Plus DH thinks I am insane to even think about that long of a car ride with 3 kids. I look at it as an adventure. And I know you are right about the way down being easy and the way home being torture. That is always the way for us. The farthest we usually go is 10 hours. I was thinking of stopping midway in both directions. I would need to get DH onboard. Right now he is not there.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #21
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

TP2,

I just tell bug, we will save $$$ on plane & $$$ on a rental car = up graded room?, or an extra trip somewhere? or $$$ toward her "new" car she is thinking about?

I say, best bet: keep her busy all day. > then leave at nite when dad gets home >>> then the sleep plan will work a lot better. The 1st 3 states from here are soooooooooooooooo BORING I can't stand it. Once we hit tennessee > it get's very pretty & you feel "on vacation" >> about then the sun comes up. Get through atlanta [ which is always a long process] then easy driving into florida. The reverse is terrible. By time we hit kentucky I am beat and still need to drive 9 hours.

But, over 9/11 it would of been wonderful to have had our car. I would of left and came home before the hurricane. I don't feel comfortable till we are off the plane. Still nervous.

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #22
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

MKY: I am not comfortable on the planes either with the kids. And lately there seems to be so many plane crashes. I can't help to think that with all the cutbacks to save money because of increased fuel costs that they are skimping in other areas. Letting repairs and maintenance go longer than they should. Where when things were better, they would have invested in newer planes instead of using these old ones. Just an idea but I would not hesitate to drive one bit.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #23
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Wink

TP2, I agree. Especially where you guys fly out of. One time we took mom and dad with us. i thought this is scary we are all on the same plane. Does make you think.

mky

Old 04-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #24
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

MKY: And the flip side to that is at least if we go down, no one has to suffer without the other. My mind goes to all these place.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #25
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

no, I want to collect the insurance money.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #26
EEyorelover22

Howdy...
planning again mky for October

TP2: so what are your dates now? did you have to shorten your trip then

It's been a long week here and I'm very tired. DS's track meet on Tuesday was over at 11 pm...he got home at midnight!! Makes for a long week. DL11 qualified for the Drake Relays in Des Moines. If you do a search you can see what it entails.

So...that is good news.

Congrats to the parents mky!

Prayers to you Tomar.
I hope Minnie and Candi are doing okay.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #27
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

MKY: You crack me up!!!

EE22: Still staying for 2 weeks just going 2 days later and staying 2 days later. I was shocked by the prices released on Tuesday. $167 one way and $190 back. That is per person. What happened to $44 each way??? On Tuesday we could get flights for $89 each way. And after reading the boards people said that Sunday flights only go up in price. I threw in the towel and spoke with DH about getting back a couple of days later. He said to save several hundred dollars?!?!?!? Of course. Got a great rate on a car rental though!

So glad for DD.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #28
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

TP2, maybe you should fly southwest to chicago > and then take another plane to orlando. My flights where way cheaper. how about that auto train thing? There is not one from here, but they look cool and your on the east coast?

EE22, you know me always planning,

mky

Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #29
EEyorelover22

TP2: Who did you get the deal with for the car rental?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:38 PM   #30
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

MKY: Looked into Autotrain. It was almost $900 and that was for SEATS ONLY. No sleeping car. There is no way and it takes 17 hours after we drive for 5. Not worth it.

You are right about flying into Chicago. I looked into flying with another carrier out of Islip and they are all gone. That is why SW is so much more money this year. They chased the competition away. I am going to hold out and see what happens down the road. I am expecting $69 each way on a Tuesday during a sale. We shall see what happens.

EE22: I booked with Alamo. I was playing with codes and coupons for hours the last 2 days. Between Costco, Walmart, Workersadvantage, Entertainment, I can't even remember what else. But we are going to pickup the car on the evening of our arrival from the car care center and then drop it at the airport. I was getting hammered because we needed an extra 6 hours. The weekly rates were good but the daily rate was huge. Finally got it to work but my goodness, I had to work for it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: