Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #1786
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

Evening,

Thought I would check back to see if anyone else took the "new" deal?
Looked like 30 to 35% but only on deluxe and villas? I actually have a really good deal already for this summer. Compared to march & oct. prices, very happy.

JMouse, Glad you are going ahead with your plans. Looks like you have it figured out.

TP2, I did more research on s/d and your right no magic express. But, found on travelocity: They are selling it for 169 nt. and giving 4 day hoppers included. Thought that was a pretty good deal. They even said for the "nurse" they would take another 20.00 off. So it might be worth the fees and transport to mco. I told her to look at it, check out the website, and rooms etc.. to decide about it. She likes the "adult theme", resturants and location, not to mention pricing. They have not been to wdw, and its there honeymoon so she said she is looking for a nice, affordable, place to sleep. Anything else is gravy. She is also only getting 1 week cause of just starting to work.

Hope you guys missed the snow. It rained here. Have a great weekend

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 04-03-2011, 03:27 AM   #1787
JennMouse32
Still Looking for my Prince Charming

Omg! Omg!

okay so the other night before work, kay dropped by with her boyfriend, her sister krystal and their mom, they were doing shopping for krystal's daughter... i asked how old Kloie was gonna be.. i was shocked when i found out she was turning 7! i couldnt believe it.. needless to say i felt old..but then it got me thinking... and i figured out me and kay have been best friends 10 years next year, i.e. when we go to disney! so we have changed our celebration from sisters taking disney part 2... to.. Celebrating 10 years of friendship!
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #1788
candizfan
DIS Veteran

JMouse - that is wonderful. I have a best friend for 36 years now and I still see her once a week or so. Hopefully you will be just a close with Kay.

Tomar - I hope you feel better soon.

EE22 - that discount makes me want to go again this summer

MKY - Coral World in St Thomas had the camera. I sent a photo and description to the women I emailed before our trip and she matched us to the camera. It cost me $28 to get it returned but it is now in transit. I am waiting for it arrive safe and sound before I get too relieved.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 04-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #1789
JennMouse32

me too!! i didnt even realize it till she told me how old Kloie was... it just got me thinking.. then i texted her at like 1 am OMG>. lol she didnt realize it either...
Old 04-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #1790
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

MKY: That is a good deal. So really $149 per night with tickets included for nurses. She may want to get 2 reservations, 1 in her name other in her husbands to get 2 sets of passes. I would do that, but that is just me.

No snow here on LI. Thank goodness. I was stuck in bed all weekend with strep throat. Have not had that in a looong time. Forgot how bad it was. Just praying no one else gets it.

EE22: I think you should hit DW right in the middle of August! How much fun would it be if we got to meet up.

Tomar: Glad you are off the meds. Hope you are feeling better. Not sure if you got that snow or not. We had lots of nasty cold rain, but no snow. I am definately ready for some warmer weather.

JMouse: Nice to have a best friend. Time certainly does fly by.

Candi: I can't believe you found your camera. Just the fact that it was tracked down is amazing. Hope it shows up.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #1791
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hiya everyone,

We are a sick bunch. I have had a sinus thing since our flight home. Seeing my md on tuesday. Been flushing like crazy and started asthma meds just to ward off evil spirits. I am usually on roids about 3 wks after tomar.

I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Push the chicken soup and fluids.

We are expectating bad weather tonight. Warning out till 3am for thunderstorms and possible tornado's. Right now at 9pm it is 78 degrees. It was cool all day till I got off at 3pm. At 3pm was 66 and by 4 pm it was 75. Weird. Saying it is going to dive cold again tonight.

Worked on adr's tonight. Things are taking shape.

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #1792
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Hi All...I've been sick too! wow...not good.
I hope you all are on the mend. I feel a little better today, but do wonder how much is allergies and I have no allergy meds that I can take now.

I would love to hit WDW mid August believe me. We go back on the 11th...not fun. Oh well...we are done this year before Memorial Day. I think DL11 has 32 days of school left at this point.

Happy Planning everyone!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #1793
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Hey tripplanner2 and mkymouse4ever... DIS Meet?? With a bunch of mid-August goers??

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #1794
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone !!
Im not gettting notifications again....this is very frustrating !! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I had doctors viists all week, thank goodness Im on the mend,...Off the roids, but that came with 4 pounds (which will take me forever to loose ) yuk, AND now Im sad, reading that all of my disney friends here, are getting sick too....Im so sorry guys
MKY- I am getting prepared to make Mr. Tomar very imbarrased when we board the plane this summer....I will be spraying Lysol everywhere in a wide radius around us ....I refuse to get sick from 'PLANE GERMS" again !!
Take care of yourself, and I hope you feel better asap !!!!

TP2- yes, we had an inch of snow, but it melted very fast, today it was in the 60`s here ....OMG...Is the Spring really going to appear soon ?!
Im so sorry that you have strep.....REST and take your meds !!!

EE22- You aren`t feeling well either...Im so sorry.....School will be over soon and hopfully this summer you will be able to catch up on some well deserved rest !!

Candi- I didn`t read about the camera....that is sooo great that someone found it !!

Happy Planning Everyone !!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #1795
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Tomar...so glad you are getting better.

I hope everyone else does as well.

Seems strange, but I make my DL reservations next month!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #1796
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

TOMAR: You are DOUBLE DIGITS!!! So exciting!!!!

Glad you are feeling better. I am doing much better than Saturday. Only problem is sleeping, which I desperately need. But as soon as I lay down I start coughing. Makes me crazy to be so tired yet unable to sleep.

EE22: Yes, you are leaving before any of us and you still don't have any dining planned. It does seem weird. But I like 90 days out way better than 180. I feel like I still have a lot of questions at 180 and planning your days is a little unrealistic. I have already changed our plans up a couple of times and I know I will be changing them again.

MKY: Good thing about the summer is it looks like they only are offering free dining table service to those that booked way in advance. The ADR's don't seem to be so slim. I remember in years passed that if I did not make reservations at 180 days we were not eating.

Well...Happy Spring everyone. We are having a windstorm. Just chased our garbage down the block.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #1797
JennMouse32

its not spring time here yet.. we are still getting the cold nights..
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #1798
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hiya everyone,

Happy tuesday. Well started antibiotic's today and he offered steroids, I said no not yet. Not going there if I can get away with it. Yes we are a sick bunch.

Tomar, I am starting to think that asia has a good idea, wearing sugical mask in public. Well, for the plane anyway? Oooh snow. ick. Hope you stay on the mend.

EE22, DL is such a different animal. You must be so extra excited. Bug, said someone she knows just got back from and grand californian and said it was beauitful.

TP2, the only adr, I have not been able to score > garden view tea. I can even get castle b, l, d. Didn't know the tea was so popular? Has never been filled when we have gone. Bug, just decided she wanted to go so I have tried and nothing. Will keep checking. For your coughing, keep your head up. Not sure if a humidifer will help. They bother my asthma, so its a no here, but a lot of people think they help. Keep pushing fluids.

Candi, WTG! on the camera!!!! That is so great someone turned it in or found it. That is great.

JMouse, not much spring up here either. The buds we had on the trees blew all off the other night in a bad thunderstorm. Guess we are starting over.

DFreak, thanks something to think about.

Well, hope everyone has a great week. Hang in there. Feel better.

mky

Old 04-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #1799
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2 View Post
TOMAR: You are DOUBLE DIGITS!!! So exciting!!!!

:
WHOA !!!!!....TP2- I didn`t even notice Thank you !!!!
Double Digits !!! Whoo Hoo !
Hope Everyone is feeling better tonight !!

TP- you have to rest !!...Im so sorry about the cough....

MKY- If I didn`t think Id get arrested , I`d be walking on the plane with the mask on.... for sure !!!

EE22- I am soooo not into how to Plan for DL, ....so ADR`s are at 60 days out then ??
I did look and see that they have some really adorable restaurants !!!
Pixiedust for all your dates and times !!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #1800
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Tomar: We should fly together and all get on the plane with masks!!!I am sure we would get plenty of looks but then others would want one too!

So we got flights out last night. No return yet. That is okay. Was not expecting to get flights down for another couple of weeks. Only problem is we had to fly in at night, so we are now going down a day earlier. But really it is only a couple of hours. Nice thing is we will be there and unpacked before we would have even arrived so that is a great thing. So far I used points to pay for the tickets so we shall see how many the return will cost. Still have $275 in gift cards so I may be able to swing this whole thing for pretty cheap. Thanks Southwest!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: