Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #1711
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Hi All...trying to read up...been busy here.
10 school days till spring break. Doesn't seem possible.

I am glad you have adrs for the summer!

You'll be in single digits too soon mky and Candi!!

I will tell DL11 about the DePaul student. I thought of the green river today that you posted about.
she has only 52 days of school left.

Last edited by EEyorelover22; 02-23-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #1712
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Just 14 days left for us!

offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #1713
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking Hiya everyone!

14 dayssssssssssss

EE22, this is for you: http://greenchicagoriver.com/ Trust me, it is not that color year round. More of a dark murkey, blue / brown.
For spring break! Enjoy your time off. I will listen for your knock at akv.

Candi, are you ready? You should of just & packed.

TP2, hope your enjoying AC.

Tomar, any guesses on ap rates? If you see anything for august let me know.

Hope everyone has a great nite. mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #1714
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Hi!

The green river is always a treat.

I have a funny story. When I was in college, I worked as a grounds keeper at a very exclusive private club. We would dye the ponds blue for special events so it would photograph well. Everytime I had to help, I would have a tint of blue to everything exposed including my hair for weeks.

Nothing like a very white girl with a blue tint to make you laugh in the morning. If I had to dye it green, I would be able to call in sick for a few days!

I did keep the suitcases out but with the final touches being done on the house, space is at a premium - man do I have a lot of stuff to get rid of!

TP2- I hope you are having a good time.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 02-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #1715
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Good Afternoon Ladies !!

MKY- I am waiting and watching for an AP rate for the summer as well ...I will certainly let you know as soon as something comes to pass ...I HOPE SOON !
WOW....that River sure looks GREEN !!!

TP2- Hope you guys are having fun !!...Stay indoors today...its NASTY weather out here in NJ !...Rain and Wind !!

EE22- Can`t believe that DD is soon going to be College bound !!

Candi- Good for you on the freebee day !!

13 More Days for MKY, Bug and Candi !!

Old 02-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #1716
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

So A.C. was fine. Lots of Jersey Shore and Jersey Housewives on tv at the hotel. I thought it was funny. Got my first taste of Jersey Shore. I cannot believe that show.

But in any case it was nice to get a way for a couple of days with just DH. I was actually missing the kids and could not wait to come home yesterday. Now I am wondering why. It was so nice and peaceful when we were away.

Glad everyone is getting all set for their trips. I am hoping to be able to change our dates a bit and go down a week earlier but we have to see if they release free dining for the time we need. Otherwise it is going to be a rush coming home and going back to school right away.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #1717
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Hi TP2-
Glad that you and DH had a nice time and a peaceful couple of days away from it all !! We all need that once in a while !! Gives you the strength to take on the crew again when you return home !!
I can`t believe that they actually show the Jersey Shore and the Jersey HW on the hotel TV`s.....They were better off showing "Boardwalk Empire"...we watch that one, about AC in the 1920`s...(mabe that`s why I love staying at Disney`s BW )
I watched the JS also for the first time the other night....Yeeeeeee-ikes !!
Watching and waiting for a good discount also for our nights on cash this summer.....I don`t think Uncle Walt is loving us much , as we never seem to get any of these mysterious "Codes" or "Pins" that are being fortold on the July code thread.....
I will let everyone know if one comes my way, or a general code comes out, and pleeeeease let me know too ??????

Old 02-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #1718
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Tomar: I will keep my eyes peeled for you. I am also looking for something so that we can go down earlier. DH has a pin that expires 2/28. Took the poor girl like 10 minutes just to find it then another 5 to read it. Don't get what took so long. She said a room only code but travel had to be complete by end of April. Does not work for us.
Yes, Tomar, those shows don't do much for the NJ image. I would not show them on my hotel tv screen either. In any case, I am just happy that we have a trip planned for this summer. I just feel like it is a mess right now because I don't know what date we will really travel. I guess time will tell. I can't imagine the wait being too much longer at this point.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #1719
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2 View Post
Tomar: I will keep my eyes peeled for you. I am also looking for something so that we can go down earlier. DH has a pin that expires 2/28. Took the poor girl like 10 minutes just to find it then another 5 to read it. Don't get what took so long. She said a room only code but travel had to be complete by end of April. Does not work for us.
Yes, Tomar, those shows don't do much for the NJ image. I would not show them on my hotel tv screen either. In any case, I am just happy that we have a trip planned for this summer. I just feel like it is a mess right now because I don't know what date we will really travel. I guess time will tell. I can't imagine the wait being too much longer at this point.
TP2 -Your right about those shows ....DH seems to think the kids in the JS and the RHONJ are laughing all the way to the bank though....
Can you imagine one of them was even on DWTS ???...Unreal !!
Thank you about the discounts ...I have registered DH on the disney site also....Still Nada ...I hope a general public code comes out soon...

Old 02-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #1720
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Tomar: I think you are right about the money. JS kids had nothing before so now I think they are getting like a million a season. That is a ton of money. The first year I think was a free house and $3k each. I remember people saying that they were ruining their futures because any employer would know them from that show and never give them a job. But things have changed and they are making some cash now. But the Housewives, I really don't get. They have money so I guess they want fame???? Who needs it, really??? What a mess really. Unless it was to promote their businesses, which I guess it did.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #1721
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tomar: I think you are right about the money. JS kids had nothing before so now I think they are getting like a million a season. That is a ton of money. The first year I think was a free house and $3k each. I remember people saying that they were ruining their futures because any employer would know them from that show and never give them a job. But things have changed and they are making some cash now. But the Housewives, I really don't get. They have money so I guess they want fame???? Who needs it, really??? What a mess really. Unless it was to promote their businesses, which I guess it did.
TP2-
Beleive it or not...Caroline has a slot on one of our local Radio shows at night.....she gives advice ....lol
the name of the show is "Caroline Rules".....

Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #1722
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAR@SSR View Post
TP2-
Beleive it or not...Caroline has a slot on one of our local Radio shows at night.....she gives advice ....lol
the name of the show is "Caroline Rules".....
I am not shocked. Maybe something for herself because the kids are grown? But I think that is better than the tv show. Too much drama.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #1723
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not shocked. Maybe something for herself because the kids are grown? But I think that is better than the tv show. Too much drama.
TP2-Absolutely too much Drama !!!!
She seems to be holding her own with the back and forth talking on a radio talk show though , its one night a week...we don`t even listen unless we happen to be in the car at that time, and that night.
Here`s hoping we get some discount news for our summer trips to the world next week !!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #1724
candizfan
DIS Veteran

I am going to start to plan a summer holiday for us. I have a couple of airline vouchers to use by the middle of February next year, so am wondering what to do and where to go....

Any thoughts? Remember - I promised the kids our next trip will be to someplace other than Disney.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #1725
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

No suggestions here Candi. We had a great trip to DC one summer and Cedar Point was a blast, but that's about it for us. Not leaving the country either...no thanks.

mky: love the GREEN RIVER!!!

You and Candi must leave right when DL11 and I hit spring break!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: