Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #1651
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Ugh

I feel like I've been hit by a truck [probably of snow].

Well last nite we FI N A L L Y got plowed. About 6:30pm cst. They hit our neighborhood. They finally got done here before 12am. Bug & I had been out several times cleaning up the mess at the end of driveway {dumped with snow} and my final was about 8:30pm. I couldn't fall asleep last nite and shower, did hair and makeup for work but at 10:20pm they called and said we are ok > you will just be on call for them getting busy. Now, I can't fall asleep till about 12am. They called at 12:15am "come in". Great. I felt worse than when I was just staying up. So away I went. It was freezing here last nite and this am. And yes, apparantly they made another pass by the house and I had to power the "beetle" though that.
You've haven't lived till you ride / drive a beetle in winter with snow ruts. Your soooooooooooo low > it makes for an interesting ride on several levels. ****Read in between the lines****

So today is "officially my day off. Slept till 12pm and feel like: the day your up all day flying to wdw and then stay up for EMH. without the wdw part.

Minnie, so sorry, you got hit so bad. Way to cold and too much snow. Good luck plowing / shoveling.

EE22, Hope things are clearing up by you all too.

Candi, I've been thinking about your feb. dilemma. If all things are even what about meeting for a longer weekend > some of the time. You get away and might not spend as much. You have been through alot this year. And doubt your family would hold it aganist you. PLUS: with the job search > it will re-ignite your search, and you might not get another vacation for a good year > just starting at another company.

Tomar & TP2 How are you guys doing? Did the storm head there? Or miss you. I saw maine seemed to be getting hit > not sure if this changed.

JMouse, Hope things are ok down there. Working hard and savings.

eskwgin, any other questions we can help with?

Stay warm everyone, MKY

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 02-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #1652
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

TP2, just realized AUGUST is down to 189 days. I need to get planning dining and days. Not to mention air will be next week too.

** anyone having dining ADR's "new" to them this year and looking forward to something special / different????

-- I will start off. Well, you all know Les Chefs is one of our fav. {sorry tomar} but, I made an adr at the "bistro" in france this time. If bug, lets us go? Anyone try that yet? Last year it was Cr's Contempary grille, and we loved it. Timed the mnsshp fireworks perfectly between dinner and desert. Didn't really need dessert > but line for elevator we had to use as an excuse. and very worth it.

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #1653
candizfan
DIS Veteran

MKY - thanks for your input about Feb. I am the responsible spender in the house and the struggle is more internal than anything else. My sister is renting the DVC from me so if I can go for the $$ she is giving me, it is very tempting as no money will come out of the household funds....but...should I be taking two trips in one month when I am not working? Sounds a bit selfish I guess.

I might have a chat with my sister to see if she is really in favour of me going or not. She is the older sister and I don't want to have her "disapproving" of my choice. You know how sisters can be. I would have to share a bed with her and she could kick me during the night.

The flights are about $250 right now, so not bad. I talked to DH and of coarse he said if we can afford it to go ahead but it is my guilt holding me back.

I am glad the storm has passed and that everyone is safe. Get some rest MKY.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 02-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #1654
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Hi MKY: Yes we are less than 2 weeks away from booking and August hours are not officially released. I guess they are out on some travel agent websites though. Have you ever done the Luau? I have heard terrible things but I think my kids may love it so I am thinking of trying it. Not sure if we will ever make it to Hawaii as a family so this may be the closest we get. Other than that, I was told not to fix what is not broken. Go back to the favorates. So that is pretty much what we are doing. Here are our musts Teppan Edo, Tutto Italia, Hoop De Doo, and Raglan Road. I am adding Fantasmic Dining package and Garden Grill. Still have some more openings but still working out the days. Can you believe that no one mentioned Le Cellier. That is the one thing I always go crazy for and no one even cared if we go back there or not. I think we may go to 1900 Park Fair for the characters but not manditory.

Glad you finally got out. I panic a little when we are totally snowed in like that. God forbid of a health emergency. At least you are a nurse but if you don't have the right equiptment and medicine it really does not matter.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #1655
candizfan
DIS Veteran

I have got to update you guys on the dress situation for DD15.

We went shopping in Detroit and found some great dresses at Deb's. Good prices on most but nothing in her size (3) and a colour she liked. She loved a white dress but us being transparent in colour that does not work well most of the time. So I would not let her buy it.

We went online and they had the same dress in black and tried to order it online. They won't let you ship to Canada or order from Canada or use a Canadian credit card to pay...

We had her friend ask his dad if we can send it to his house in Michigan and he agreed. We asked DH's brother if we could use his credit card (he lives in Miami) and charge it to him and he agreed. Then I called the 1-800 number and had to order over the phone.

I checked the status of delivery last night and guess what! Lost in transit! The semi formal is next Thursday. No time for regular shipping now! They agreed to ship overnight at no extra charge to us....yeh.

Now I had to go through the process of having DH's brother authorize the charges to the card again (they will refund the first charge) and we are set.

Then we find out today, that a dress was delivered to Michigan today! I have no idea if it was the first dress or the one they sent overnight but he will bring it over this weekend when he comes to see his son.

If this guy looks at this dress, he may have a heart attack since it is one of the strapless, short things that make a mother cringe. But it hugs her butt so it will be okay. It took me a few tries, but here is a link to a picture of the dress.

http://www.debshops.com/product/inde...371579.3364605
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14

Last edited by candizfan; 02-03-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #1656
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

{TP2 } "Other than that, I was told not to fix what is not broken. Go back to the favorates. So that is pretty much what we are doing. Here are our musts Teppan Edo, Tutto Italia, Hoop De Doo, and Raglan Road. I am adding Fantasmic Dining package and Garden Grill. Still have some more openings but still working out the days. Can you believe that no one mentioned Le Cellier. "

TP2, We have tutto Italia like that too. Not a fan of hoopdedoo, but teppan edo is a problem. Love the food, idea of the place, and theme, table cooking but we are the 2 odd balls mixed in with the large group. A few times we where ok but then a few times people treat you like "we would be all alone, a private table if you wheren't here, etc.." not nice. So go and roll the dice if we will enjoy the experience or just skip it? I did find that being 2 women they usually put us with the 6 teens togther, or 6 members of a family, but when we tried walk up we got with 2 different smaller families. Now, we have not tried Raglan road. Which would be cool for st. patrick's day but the menu does not apeal to us. Garden grille was always a fav. but our last 2 times where bad. We are not going back for a while. I do have a le celliar, we went in oct after skipping a few years cause of 2 bad experiences and it was super nice. I think it helps to skip things a few times. Will be interested in your experience at garden grille. The characters where not the issue, they are the BEST. It was food, and service.

mky

Old 02-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #1657
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

wow...and with the drifting I cannot even imagine
Old 02-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #1658
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Wink

Candi, that is one "little" hot black dress.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #1659
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone !!
Well today was a nice day here...Nice in the respect that I wasn`t frozen stiff, and the snow is starting to melt (thank goodness)...
MKY and EE22, I hope today was a better weather day for you guys !

MKY- Mr. Tomar and I have eatten at Bistro once, it is around the corner and upstairs from Chefs, when you check in at the podium, you have to wait for the Matre D to take you up to the restaurant....I can`t remember what I ordered the night we ate there, but I do remember that Mr. Tomar wasn`t impressed with the amount of food for the price , hense, we haven`t been back....I read the menu on All ears recently, and I think on the dining plan, Id try it again sometime though...
This year we are trying Via Napoli for the first time, and Kouzzina for Breakfast ....

Candi- OOH LaLa....cute cute dress !!!

TP2- We are doing 1900 park fare as well, the chef from Ohana has moved over to that restaurant, and Mr. Tomar enjoys the Sugar free deserts he makes for him !
I agree with MKY, stick to the tryed and true , we do that every year, Cape May Cafe, Ohana, H&V at the studios, then Yachtsman, Narcoossees, and this year Citricos again since we haven`t been in a longgg time
I have already done our ADR`s a couple of weeks ago, and Im already dreaming of eatting around the world this summer
Hmmmm....I love that word...S U M M E R !!!!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #1660
JennMouse32
Still Looking for my Prince Charming

hey everyone...
yeah im alright itsd just been a very tiring week at work.. hell week ive been calling it..
tuesday: we got slammed with freezing rain, several inches of it..so instead of the normal 40+ of ppl there, we only had 17. i had to end up doing 2 aisles..

wednesday: i started out in the baking aisle... but when the dairy truck FINALLY got there i went to dairy. the truck got there at 4am, when we leave at 7am

thursday: they were deep cleaning the meat wall and cheese and yogurt walls, so everything was taken off the shelves and put into shopping carts in the coolers, we got hammered with freight about 7 pallets worth. We had to seperate everything the meat, the deli, the creamer, then 2 seperate skids for cheese and yogurt and then had to stock everything else in dairy, by 4:30 we finally were able to put the merchindise back up on the shelves. but of course we didnt get done. i think we had about 10 shopping carts all together.... not only that but the mod reset again(rearranged) after resetting less than 2 weeks ago..

Friday: they will be doing the entire juice wall, juice, pudding, butter, biscuits, and eggs... hopefully the night will go better, we are getting a smaller truck, but they are also deep cleaning the bunkers....

Other than that, the only thing for tonight i have to look forward to is getting out the last$40 and being offically at $500 for disney..

How is everyone else? hopefully not as stressed of tired as i am..
Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #1661
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya everyone,

Tomar, I have been trying to get bug in citrico's for the last 2 yrs.

Jmouse, take it easy. Sounds like you work midnites, UGH.

TP2, keep an eye for me with the august hours. I will watch too.

** I could not get my ressies for march on the computer, so i could print it payed off. So I called and the "automated" thing said 1br at Jambo hourse, I was freaking. So finally got to agent and it is still kidani. They sent them finally. I don't think that new system online is too great to pull up your info.

Happy weekend and planning all, mky

Old 02-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #1662
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

MKY: I started another thread and someone responded with great information on August hours. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648217

We really don't have too much on the character meal front so I figured Garden Grill will fit in nicely. Have never been. Teppan Edo I can take or leave but the kids loved it. I agree though about getting seated with other people. I spent the entire meal talking with a complete stranger. Don't get me wrong, she was really nice but in both situations we (both of the moms) talked to each other the entire time and the kids and husbands were silent on both ends. But the food was good and fresh and basic. Not premade or anything and I really don't see the use of anything artificial because we saw everything fresh and raw so I liked that.

Tomar: Melting here too. Thank goodness. I was beginning to loose it. I was telling EE22 how we never have the same snow on the ground this long. Usually just for a day or two and then it melts. We have had snow since Christmas.

I did not even make 1 ADR yet and already I am dreaming about all the food we will be eating. Less than 2 weeks and we will be in full swing planning mode!!!

Candi: Hot little dress is right! Hope she has fun at the dance.

JMouse: You are workin workin workin!!! You go girl!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #1663
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Hi All...catching up...my odd post in the middle there was to Minnie, but I didn't realize I missed an entire page

Enjoyed all the posts...too tired to comment on everything, but we all survived the week and the plans sound great.

Thought I'd mention that Raglan Road won't take adrs for St. Patty's...I read that somewhere...don't remember where though.

Keep warm and happy planning.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #1664
candizfan
DIS Veteran

I know the dress could look very grown up for 15 but she is so slim and at 5' 5" it gives her a little shape at least. She is not large in any area, or it would be too sexy.

We found some cute black T-strap high heels today so I think she is pretty much set. The dress arrived at her friends house so they will bring it over for us.

The semi has now been moved to the first week in March so it is no longer a huge rush.

Oh well.

It sounds like some fun planning is starting to "heat up" for summer.

34 days for us MKY

Old 02-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #1665
JennMouse32
Still Looking for my Prince Charming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Hiya everyone,

Tomar, I have been trying to get bug in citrico's for the last 2 yrs.

Jmouse, take it easy. Sounds like you work midnites, UGH.

TP2, keep an eye for me with the august hours. I will watch too.

** I could not get my ressies for march on the computer, so i could print it payed off. So I called and the "automated" thing said 1br at Jambo hourse, I was freaking. So finally got to agent and it is still kidani. They sent them finally. I don't think that new system online is too great to pull up your info.

Happy weekend and planning all, mky
cant take it easy till 7am saturday morning then my work week is done, and i have the super bowl to look forward and not moving out of bed for 2 days!! lol

trip: yeah... but its stressin too.. im just trying to survive..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: