Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #1606
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone ...this is Tomar...reporting LIVE from the FROZEN SNOWY TUNDRA that was once..."The Garden State" of...New Jersey !!
OMG....19 more inches overnight !!!!
I am seriously having a HUGE case of Cabin fever !!....Had an allergist appt. this morning ...that got canceled ...."Due to Inclement" weather....for the SECOND time....
OK....I have had just about enough of this !! I hope Mother Nature sympathizes, and STOPS the insanity of this winter already !!

TP2- How much snow did you guys get ?...Hope the girls enjoy making Snow angels today !!

EE22- OOOOOHH how wonderful for DS being in Fla. right now ....hope he continues to have a great time...I sure wish we were there right now !!!

Candi- So sorry for your loss,and for your father in law being so ill....
We know that pain, as we lost my mom in `09....such heartache...Our thoughts & prayers are with you

MKY- Oh no about Bug !...Hoping and praying that she is ok !

Old 01-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #1607
JennMouse32
Still Looking for my Prince Charming

by sometime in March i should have almost $1000 towards the disney trip for next year. The way its looking i might have all the money needed to pay for the trip this year, then next year could be for saving spending money
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #1608
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Hi Ladies!

I hope everyone is staying warm and snow free for a couple of days. We ended up with about 4 inches again the other night.

We are at 39 days now! Hopefully things will start to settle down between now and then.

My sister is heading down for a trip on Feb 13th and it would be nice to sneak along for the trip but I don't think I should...but would love to.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 01-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #1609
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

I am not sure what to think of this next storm...it could miss mky and I. They really are not sure though.

TP2: how many snow days do you have to make up?
I know Tomar has to be in the same boat, but no one there has to make up any days at her house. I saw something on weather.com about going on Saturdays. That would be brutal!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #1610
candizfan
DIS Veteran

TP2 - I would hate for you to have to make up days on Saturday!

Hope the storm misses you.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #1611
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

EE22: So far we have had 2 snow days and we have 3 built into the calander. Last year we used 4 but we never made up that extra day. Last time we had a winter as bad as this was 95-96, the year I got married. We had snow that year for Easter which was in April. And for our wedding which was July, it was still cold out. My girls were freezing outside during pictures. I have a feeling this year will be the same. My hope is that Orlando will be cooler in August this year too. I guess we shall see.

Last winter we had a lot of snow too, but the summer was hot as heXX!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #1612
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2 View Post
EE22: So far we have had 2 snow days and we have 3 built into the calander. Last year we used 4 but we never made up that extra day. Last time we had a winter as bad as this was 95-96, the year I got married. We had snow that year for Easter which was in April. And for our wedding which was July, it was still cold out. My girls were freezing outside during pictures. I have a feeling this year will be the same. My hope is that Orlando will be cooler in August this year too. I guess we shall see.

Last winter we had a lot of snow too, but the summer was hot as heXX!!!
TP2- Not sure, but I think the kids in NJ are on Overtime now (or close to it)...even though the big snow storm after Christmas was during their Christmas break...we have had a Snow Storm each week in January this year ! Yikes
But, EE22 is right...no one in the Tomar household is keeping track of lost school days...been there, done that alot of years ago, and our Perfectly Princess DGD, lives in the warmer climate now !
I remember the year that it snowed on Easter ...yes..It was the never ending winter ....I pray that doesn`t happen again this year , ALTHOUGH, I wouldn`t mind a cooler July in the world , I really can`t take much more of this WHITE stuff !!! ick !

Old 01-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #1613
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya everyone,

Ugh, so busy here. Sat did 1/2 of my room. I've been watching too much "hoarders" on tv > so I was dumping all kind of stuff. I had disney books from the 80's. Today went into work for and hour and half. My turn to do the project on the floor. Easier to do on day off. Cleaned a little. Now, vegetating while towels are washing.
This week is gonna be bad. I have 16 hrs of call, and will be done by this time next week with it. Don't plan to do anything but work, and sleep.

Snow, wow, you guys got nailed. TP's pic was scary. This next storm they are saying we should get 5 inches, but it will get worse when it hits the east coast. I don't think we will ever melt.

EE22, so glad DS is having nice weather. And good practices.

Jmouse, you go girl.

Tomar, I just picture you cooking alot for DH, and keeping warm. Locked in a snow tunnel.

TP2, Hope you guys get through the next few days too.

Candi, so sorry about your family. Thinking of you.

Bugs, knee??? not sure. She is walking better, but I think she is used to it now. She goes to md tommorrow. He will probably shoot it up again.?

We finished our inspection week at work. It was long, grueling, and nervous. Not sure how we did.

But, as candi said: We are at 39 days!!!

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 AM   #1614
EEyorelover22

mkY: Next storm...5 inches for Mon-Tues, but Tues into Wed which is the second strom...they have Chicago getting 20+ inches!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #1615
candizfan
DIS Veteran

We are in a deap freeze again today.

I think they are calling for the snow after Chicago gets hit but maybe it will change.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #1616
EEyorelover22

Quote:
Originally Posted by candizfan View Post
We are in a deap freeze again today.

I think they are calling for the snow after Chicago gets hit but maybe it will change.
The Detroit area was 20+ too on the one forecast.

I really hope they are wrong, but they have been wrong and always on the low side and everyone gets more snow.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #1617
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

This is soooooooooooooooooo not looking good. Yesterday they where saying, "up to 6" " and it will be worse on the east coast. Today, we have warning all over. tonight 6" and tommorrow by 8pm total white out conditions all nite, up to 2 ft? or more. Tommorrow I am on call at 3 am, and probably will be needed at work. Ugh. not sure if I will be able to drive. I can walk about 40 min, but will need snow shoes. They are telling people to cancel everything, and make NO plans. Just stay at home. They are already talking cancelling schools today for 2 days away. They could be closed wed > the weekend. I so hope they are wrong. Or the next few days are gonna be brutal. I am on call from 11pm > 7am the following nite [wed] too. Ugh. I am gonna get stuck there and not able to leave?

I don't understand how, we where gonna just get a corner of this to being one of the worst areas. Guess the winds changed?

Hope everyone makes it through the week ok. Hang in there.

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #1618
EEyorelover22

It is not looking pretty mky and your area is worse. DS said it's already nasty where he is, but he's in the wave of #1 and we are not.

I went to work today and no one knew about it. The lady next door to me has been dying for a snow day! She is in grad school and is already over booked and it just started up again. So much work!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #1619
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEyorelover22 View Post
It is not looking pretty mky and your area is worse. DS said it's already nasty where he is, but he's in the wave of #1 and we are not.

I went to work today and no one knew about it. The lady next door to me has been dying for a snow day! She is in grad school and is already over booked and it just started up again. So much work!
great news

mky

Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #1620
EEyorelover22

Be safe getting to work mky
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: