Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
Eddygirl
Mouseketeer

I can't stop crying...I am going to be a mess! lol

We leave in 2 weeks!!!! It doesn't seem real!! I keep getting a bit teary thinking about it....yes I am one of those Moms! This trip is for my 40th...I am honestly not sad about that at all!

We have been to DL twice and both times I got teary when we first walk under the bridge to Main Street. I pretty much flat out cry during the fireworks.

We saved and can stay on site and do a split stay between POR and BC. I am afraid I am going to cry when we check in......Are the CM's going to laugh at me?
Eddygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
MaggiesMomNJ
Earning My Ears

Awwww! Have fun
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
Angieandsteve
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddygirl View Post
We leave in 2 weeks!!!! It doesn't seem real!! I keep getting a bit teary thinking about it....yes I am one of those Moms! This trip is for my 40th...I am honestly not sad about that at all!

We have been to DL twice and both times I got teary when we first walk under the bridge to Main Street. I pretty much flat out cry during the fireworks.

We saved and can stay on site and do a split stay between POR and BC. I am afraid I am going to cry when we check in......Are the CM's going to laugh at me?
Love this post!!! I am totally not a Disney freak. I like things Disney but am not obsessed. Went to Disney World last June for the first time at age 38. I never got to go as a child but it was my dream to take my daughter one day. She was 6 when we went last year and I about lost it multiple times just watching the joy on her face and experiencing the magic. As a matter if fact I did lose it during the parade and fireworks. That night at the Magic Kingdom was one of the best nights of my life. Husband said the same. It was absolutely magical! Daughter and I are going back this June but with my mom this time. It will be her first time at age 60. Top thing to do is parade/fireworks. I am sure I will cry then too! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Oh and last year we stayed at POR. It is really pretty there! We really liked it.
Angieandsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

I cry when our plane lands at MCO and they say welcome to where Mickey lives.... I cry when we are on that little monorail thingy at the airport.... I cry when I get hit with that first smell of FL air....I cry every single time we check in at our resort. I cry every time I see the Castle...and the Tree of Life....and....well..you get the picture.
As long as the CM knows your tears are happy tears...they will not laugh at you! and even if they do, you will be crying, and you won't notice.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #5
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

I bet it happens a lot more than you would think at check-in and the CM's are used to it.

You love WDW. I totally understand you. We all react in different ways to our arrival to WDW. Me? I feel exhilarated and excited like a kid on Christmas morning and just rattle off about everything I see and plan for us to do that week!

I *do* feel like crying on the Magical Express taking us back to the airport, though.
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #6
ariane37
Mouseketeer

I start crying on the bus to the MK, when the music changes from being themed to whatever resort you're coming from to the trumpets that start off the MK themed music (which I think is from the old Mickey Mouse Club???) doesn't matter if it's my 1st visit to the MK that trip or my 5th, that's what starts the tears rolling for me!!
Have a wonderful trip, Eddygirl!
ariane37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: