Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #691
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliepie View Post
Not sure what version of Photoimpact, I have had it forever. You can go to their website and download a free trial I think. Some people use Photoshop and I believe you can get a free trial of that too on their website.

Here is the one for Moulton Family..

And for Jeff and Janice

Any chance for Scotland Mickey Head??

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #692
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

I couldn't fit 13 Deck Chairs on the page, so I've split your group into two pages. Let me know if this is to your liking or if you would rather each family have their own separate page.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #693
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellfish_mickfish View Post
O.K. I tried Word Art and got the Disney Font with a picture in the background but the picture overlaps. How do you get just what is inside the text?
I'm assuming this is to make the Name Decoations with the pictures inside each letter? If I can remember the steps correctly (as I can no longer open my Word program, trial over), Once you have your letters on the page, put your cursor on the letter, right click, then select from the drop down menu, "Format Word Art" or "Format" (not sure exactly what it says other than format.
A window will pop up, then just look around on that till you find something that indicates "Fill with photo or picture". It's pretty easy to figure out from there. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to move the picture around so the right parts show through the letters. If anyone else here knows the "HOW TO" for that, can you post it here?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #694
miker1251
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
I'm assuming this is to make the Name Decoations with the pictures inside each letter? If I can remember the steps correctly (as I can no longer open my Word program, trial over), Once you have your letters on the page, put your cursor on the letter, right click, then select from the drop down menu, "Format Word Art" or "Format" (not sure exactly what it says other than format.
A window will pop up, then just look around on that till you find something that indicates "Fill with photo or picture". It's pretty easy to figure out from there. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to move the picture around so the right parts show through the letters. If anyone else here knows the "HOW TO" for that, can you post it here?
Some fonts have shaded areas. The Mickey font is one of those. In Word Art, it seems only the shaded portion of the letters is filled, not the inner portion. Try a font without the shading and see if it works for you. Also, once the letter is filled I have never found a way to move the picture around.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #695
IGetAKickOutOfFlik
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm confused here - are you talking about the name graphics such as those back on page 39 of this thread (Aaron, Jacob and Crystal (?) with Aladdin characters inside of the letters)? I'd love to be able to make those for my family.

Is Microsfot Word Art a separate program? In Microsoft Word, there is a WordArt function available on the drawing toolbar, but I suspect you're talking about a separate program here. How do you get a free trial on that?

And finally, how do you download additional fonts, like the Disney fint? And once downloaded, does it have to be parked somewhere specific in order to be accessible to Photimpact Pro, or Microsoft Word Art, or whatever?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #696
TexDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WOW! Thanks for posting this. I tried it and it works. My kids are going to love the fact that I now know how to do this!!!!

DH ME DD DS
Beach Club July 2004; Wilderness Lodge July 2006; Disney Cruise on the Wonder 3-07 & Wilderness Lodge; Polynesian July 2007; Disneyland Pardise Pier March 2008; POFQ March 2009; Disney Cruise on the Magic July 2009 & Beach Club; Beach Club - MNSSHP October 2009; Dolphin - MVMCP December 2009;POFQ - MVMCP December 2010; Polynesian July 2011; POFQ - December 2012; Disneyland December 2013; Dolphin - MNSSHP October 2014;
Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #697
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGetAKickOutOfFlik View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm confused here - are you talking about the name graphics such as those back on page 39 of this thread (Aaron, Jacob and Crystal (?) with Aladdin characters inside of the letters)? I'd love to be able to make those for my family.

Is Microsfot Word Art a separate program? In Microsoft Word, there is a WordArt function available on the drawing toolbar, but I suspect you're talking about a separate program here. How do you get a free trial on that?

And finally, how do you download additional fonts, like the Disney fint? And once downloaded, does it have to be parked somewhere specific in order to be accessible to Photimpact Pro, or Microsoft Word Art, or whatever?
Yes, I'm talking about Microsoft word. And like you said, The Word Art Function that is in there.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #698
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.

For fonts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliepie View Post
You need to move them into your fonts folder. C:\Windows\Fonts. Just drag and drop the font file right into the folder. Make sure that if the font was inside a ZIP file that you extract it from the zip archive first. If dragging it to the folder doesn't work then right click in the fonts folder and click install new fonts. Keep note of where you downloaded the fonts to so you can find them easier. Hope that's not too confusing.

I made this one using PhotoImpact. I removed the background of the letters with the magic wand tool and then I got the pictures I wanted and placed them behind the letters so it looks like they are inside.
In word, I haven't figured out how to move them around either.

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #699
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post

Scottishwee35

Sure! Do you want a blank or something on it?

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS
Old 05-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #700
Diane71969
CRUSIN ALONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post

Scottishwee35
Could you please make me one of these? However you think best to do wording....The Guessfeld's - Diane & Larry - Disney Magic - June 13 - 20, 2009?

I'm a single Mom and I am taking my DS (Larry) to celebrate his 8th Grade Graduation so if you have anything else you can do for that I would be most appreciative!!!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #701
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Quote:
I greatly appreciate you posting these directions...now I fdon't have to keep pestering the disigners everytime my kids change their mind

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #702
loveysbydesign

Does anyone have some pictures/blanks..cartoonish looking ones that I can add to a graphic I'm trying to make...that shows one of the ships??
I'm also looking from some graphics of Mickey or Mickey and friends on the beach/island?

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #703
IGetAKickOutOfFlik
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Doesn't work for me at all - when I right click and than select "format Word Art", I get a dialog box with several different tabs (Colors and Lines, Size, Layout, etc.). But I don't see an option for "Fill with photo or picture", or anything similar to that. There are two tabs that are ghosted which I cannot select - one called Picture and one called Text Box. I'm guessing the option I'm looking for is on the Picture tab, but I cannot figure out why that tab is ghosted for me.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #704
IGetAKickOutOfFlik
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
I believe this image is from tjbaggot, but I would love it if I could have the name Alex on the ear. Thank you in advance!

tj, if you have the time, could I get one of these each for Chris and Nick, and then if you have a female version, one for Kaylan? Thanks!
Old 05-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #705
loveysbydesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGetAKickOutOfFlik View Post
Doesn't work for me at all - when I right click and than select "format Word Art", I get a dialog box with several different tabs (Colors and Lines, Size, Layout, etc.). But I don't see an option for "Fill with photo or picture", or anything similar to that. There are two tabs that are ghosted which I cannot select - one called Picture and one called Text Box. I'm guessing the option I'm looking for is on the Picture tab, but I cannot figure out why that tab is ghosted for me.
When you click on WordArt it should being up several styles of lettering to pick from. Mine shows about 25..5X5 boxes that says WordArt in different shapes colors etc. Click the 1st wordstyle on the top left...shows black lettering. Then when you go to format it click the fill tab..then it should offer picture as an option. That's how I just got it to work! HTH!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: