Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #46
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I just realized we'll be there at the same time! We'll be at SSR 10/17-10/21 then PBH 10/21-10/25!
We'll be at SSR the 18-24!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissie View Post
Thank you both!

That dress was perfect. But wow what a nightmare. I had a dream dress picked out and looked at the price tag, well needless to say that dress was no longer my dream dress. So I had looked at a few dresses and fell in love with the one I chose. I talked to DH about it (I know they aren't supposed to see them before hand, but it was that or nothing so he was going to know) He had nothing against the black so I bought it. Got in for a very good price in the states (1/2 price of my orrigional 'dream' dress even after exchange.) Got it to my orrigional seamstress to take up the bottom a bit and she cut it too short. Like very too short So I called in a family friend. She did amazing work for me and saved the day completly as it was only 1 week before the wedding as it was. She found white satin that almost perfectly matched the bottom and nice black lace and did up the bottom for me to the right length. Plus added in a bunch of beadwork for me at the bottom. It was absolutley gorgous. I couldn't have asked for it to turn out any better!!

You have a beautiful family! I love your dress too. I would have been flipping out about the alterations!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #47
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

Urg omg, I just had a LONG post and something happened and I lost the whole thing. So here I am again, and hopefully I donít miss too much. Itís hard to believe thereís only 41 days left!! Iím so excited!! It doesnít seem like that long ago we were approaching summer and I was telling myself that Iíd wait until September to do a lot of the final stuff and get pulling things together. Well then I look at the calendar and eek itís already the 6th. I better get my butt in gear lol.
Not much has happened as of yet. DS2 (youngest) passport has showed. So now weíre just waiting on the twins. Iím not panicking as of yet as Vital Stats stated they have until September 15th, and with needing me to send in different birth certificates I can understand if it takes a bit. But I can guarantee if theyíre not here on the 15th I will be calling for sure to find out where they are.
I received an email about our flights. All of our flights have been moved to be about 15 minutes earlier. Iím ok with that as itís really not that much of a difference.
I did some shopping yesterday. I havenít taken any pics of the loot. But itís all in a bag in my room, so I will try to get one soon. We picked up luggage wheels. The idea is we can tie the car seat weíre taking on it to pull through the airport as it is heavy (true fit) and weíll have enough things needing to be carried. What else did I get? Umm... childrens Tylenol/motrin/vitamins. Disposable razors and travel shaving cream. Kids sippies. Two kinds. One is insulated for at WDW. The other are just cheap clearish ones that weíll use on the plane. I think that was it (I canít check as DH is still sleeping). I still have some more things to pick up, but really need to be making a list. Oh and I also picked up a digital ear thermometer. We used to have one but went missing during the move last year and I still havenít found it. Itís not really just for Disney. But I have put it away with the Disney stuff so it doesnít go missing before then.
I know we need to put together the kids plane packs. Iím thinking weíll put in their clear sippies (empty until we get through security), snacks, crayons and paper, stickers, and maybe a couple books each. So thereís a couple things I need to pick up for that.
As well we might need some more little swimmers. I have a few packs around right now, so it just depends on how long it stays nice out around here to see how many the kids use before we go. I want to pick up some sort of adult allergy medication just in case. (I already have childrenís stuff on hand).
And then I think itís time to start getting things ready to pack. Iím sure Iíll go over this a million times over the next couple weeks trying to figure out if there is anything more I need to pick up before hand.

I do know that DH and I both need some more shorts. But the plans are to get some when we go into Winnipeg in October. Hopefully there are still some out somewhere at that point.

I think that's all for now. Now that we're getting much closer, I'm hoping to update more often. My list of 'to-do' for this week: start Disney notebook, and update Passporter.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #48
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

Not Much New

Well at this point not much is new Disney wise. I have still forgotten to take a pic of my shopping adventures from last week. And as of now I havn't done anymore shopping. I've been trying to make mental list of anything we may need. But I really need to get it on paper so I don't forget it. Anyone got any ideas of what I might be forgetting (other then everything )

As for passports, we're still waiting on the twins. I havn't checked the mail yet today. But as of yesterday they were not here. So I guess it's just a wait and see game until Tuesday then I'll call and look into it some more.

This weekend DH is planning on taking the kids up to the cabin overnight Saturday to Sunday. So plan is to work on laundry and hopefully start getting the kids outfits organized so I can figure out if I need to get anything else.

School started for me this week. It's going to be interesting. I'm taking Chem and English this year. English is going to be an assignment heavy course which sucks. And the teacher is doing Chem through a mostly self-directed version which means I have to keep my act together and stay on top of everything. I'll do Bio and Chem next semester and then be able to take my next level paramedic the following year. So all this work will be worth it in the long run. But its just been so long that I've been out of school (Graduated in 2003) that it's taking me a while to get back into things.

Well I should probably go and get back to doing work (since I'm sitting here anyways lol) and get going on some homework, as one assignment is due tonight.

38 MORE DAYS!!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #49
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

Another passport came in today so only one more to wait on!! I'm thinking it will be here tomorrow or Monday. We now have five weeks left.

37 more days!!
Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #50
MIannie
Mouseketeer

Lucky

You were so lucky to win a trip! Everytime there is a contest with Disney as the prize, I enter, but I'm still waiting. We will be there Oct. 18-24th staying at the AKL. We will be celebrating my Granddaughter Emily's 5th birthday on October 19th. Hope to see you around the parks.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #51
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

GORGEOUS family!!

its your first trip!! you are going for the twin's birthday!!

Did you sign up for their birthday - if you sign up ahead of time Disney will give you a gift card!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #52
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

YAA! Have to report, DS2a's passport showed today!! That's all of them. We're on the right road to going. Now just to save up a bit more money and pack!! I was still meaning to take some pictures of my last shopping adventure but my camera decided to die. So now we are on a mission to get that replaced before our trip. So unfortunatly this PTR will be quiet on the pictures until we can get a new camera, but then I'll try to update all of our shopping trips to date.

My SIL is running a marathon this coming weekend, and we've been asked to attend. It's in the U.S. but we're considering putting the passports to the test and taking a trip down to support her. Still needing to figure out the minor details (such as work coverage) first lol.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #53
hrslvr142
Mouseketeer

What cute little boys! I am the mom to 3 boys as well but they are all grown up and now working on my grandkids (I have 5 of them). We will be there the same time as you, staying at Boardwalk/SSR. I suspect if I see you in the park I will recognize you by the boys but if you get a chance put a lime green Mickey head on one of your strollers as I bet there will be others that will want to say hi as well.

Congrats on winning the trip and I hope you have a wonderful trip.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #54
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Cute family!! We'll be at BCV 10/19-27 with our 2 year old twins!! How fun!

I hope you have a great trip!!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Old 09-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #55
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

24 more days

Definatly starting to get excited. Still haven't taken any pictures of the shopping loot yet. But I promise I will soon. (Well before we leave anyways ) DH and I have gotten some shorts so we've got those now! Trust me that is not easy to find come Mid-September. Especially in Canada where the winter jackets are in the stores come late October The kids have way to much cloths. But that means I am so not doing laundry while we're down there. (Well at least not theirs anyway). I think we've picked up everything we need. Wait, we still need suckers for the flight, and some snacks, and maybe some body glide. but we're getting there. At first I was thinking 'ok about 3.5 more weekends to get everything ready I can do this'. Then I actually thought about it. I have no weekends available so I need to put my days off into full effect. This weekend I work. Next weekend I'm at my lil brothers wedding outside of town. The following weekend I'm working doubles as well as having a Thanksgiving supper here (there will be 9 of us ) Then the weekend after is our take off weekend in which we're also have a bday party for the twins for those who wont be there. So defiantly going to be crazy. But we will do this. Don't ask me how, as I haven't figured that out yet That's been it for the planning so far. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll have more planning updates.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #56
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, I do not envy your schedule at all! You are going to need this vacation after your crazy month leading up to it.

You can get it all done though. I have faith in you.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #57
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

20 more days!!

Must say I am beyond excited!! We only have 20 days left!! Needless to say I am still not ready but I'm hoping to get there over the next little while. Then again I guess I better or we're going with nothing lol. Still haven't taken pictures of the shopping loot, that's on the agenda for tomorrow. I still need to find Body Glide. I'm not even sure I can find that in Canada. But I'm defiantly going to try. Still need to fold the million loads of laundry piled up on the spare bed (especially since the babysitter is supposed to be sleeping in it this weekend ) Then it will be almost time to start packing. I have read somewhere that you should try to aimed to be packed by two weeks before the trip. Umm that's this Saturday - there's no way I'll be packed before then. How about 48 hours before we leave now that sounds more realistic lol So overal not much to update. Just had to announce

20 more days!! (or sleeps/however you want to look at it)
Old 10-01-2009, 07:47 AM   #58
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

Disney Mail

I got Disney Mail yesterday It was my DME tags!! They got the right address this time! It was nice to get something though. Nothing really new on the planning front. Tomorrow is my last day of full-time work. Although the lower paycheck will suck. But I'm really looking forward to some time off to get some things sorted, and to catch up on the lack of sleep. I must get going on the packing. I still have stuff all over the house, and laundry mountain is so winning right now. I need to get my act together or we're going with nothing Hopefully next week we will be much more organized.

16 more days!!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #59
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

How exciting!!! Can you believe we are so close. I really want to start packing...is that wrong?

Old 10-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #60
lilmissie
Mouseketeer

NO I'm having a really hard time having it sink in that we leave in just over two weeks. I still feel like it is forever away But yep I'm with you I want to be packing. As soon as I get caught up I'll be packing. If it weren't for my brothers wedding out of town this weekend I'd be doing it this weekend. But I keep getting told that my brothers wedding needs to come first doesn't he understand the timeline I'm working with here? Oh well It will be worth it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: