Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
NloveW/Disney
Mouseketeer

Question Master of Ceremonies?

I don't really want a DJ or Live Band at my reception. I'm trying to go for more of just a nice meal, than a full blown reception with dancing. Disney says that you need to delegate the role of Master of Ceremonies to one of their guests if you don't have the DJ or Band. Has anyone done this that can fill me in on exactly what needs to be done, and how they go about just announcing the different events like the cake cutting and toasts and what not. Thank you so much!

NloveW/Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
CharacterFan
Will stop in walkways for characters

What I'm planning is setting up the ipod and have several playlists:

Cake Cutting
Lunch
First Dance
Reception Music

Then just having someone make sure to start each playlist at the right time. I hadn't thought about having someone announce things, but that might be important. I guess we'll have to find someone else, as the friend DFi wants to use can't pronounce his last name right after 3 years.

Proud Owner: Pentax K100D Super/18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL/Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Macro/Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-f4/Sigma 28-200mm f3.5-f5.6
CharacterFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

We used an iPod and had no MC and everything worked fine. For one thing, we only had 34 people, and also we weren't in a huge space, like a ballroom, so it wasn't that hard to get everyone's attention.

We had the groom's cousin run the iPod and nominally make announcements, or the person instigating the event would make an announcement. Like when it was time for a toast, the person doing the speaking would get people's attention. When it was time to cut the cake, DH said something - or maybe his cousin did, or maybe one of the many teachers among our guests got everyone's attention by doing the clapping game.... I don't remember. It just wasn't a big deal.

Now if you want it to be a big deal, then you'll have to designate a specific person and brief them on what they should say, but we just wanted a casual brunch, not pomp and circumstance.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
OceanGdss
Mrs. Deej696 on 12/18/08

We had the ipod setup and used different playlists (entrance, cake cutting, during dinner, exit, etc) and had DH's uncle play MoC. He announced the wedding party into the reception, the first dance, anniversary dance, cake cutting, etc. There were flubs here or there (like he forgot to put on DH's choice of the UF Gator fight song for our grand entrance lol) , but he did an amazing job!!! We gave him a really good gift for doing it too (he was also our ceremony musician on keyboard)
Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

My cousin was our MOC. He did a great job. He announced us in, did the prayer before dinner and did a reading at the ceremony.
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: