Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #61
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwinsett View Post
Hi wedding twin! Just stopping by to say "hi!" and catch up on your PJ!

LOVE the Super Mario Bros. cake . . . that's too cute!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
OMG!!! I love super mario. I cannot in no way, shape, or form show this cake to my husband, or we well be having this at our VR instead of Mickey!!

I think if we were still having a wishes wedding, this would be the cake hands down!! It's actually made by a bakery in Minneapolis, I looked at pricing to see if it's something we could finagle, and I about had a heart attack!

But, I think DF would love it, so some food for thought!
Old 05-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #62
Ann117
DIS Veteran

I agree with everyone about the super Mario Cake IT IS AMAZING!!
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #63
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
I agree with everyone about the super Mario Cake IT IS AMAZING!!
Thanks!! I think so too!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #64
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

The save-the-dates have gone out-

We used the free postcard from DCL, the "Two Ships and a Castle" option

The invitations are still a work in progress...
Old 05-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #65
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

I kinda like the Mickey Stationary! It would be good for a newsletter or something! And LOVE the new Jasmine Dress!

The STD's look great! I've never seen the option from DCL, so that's pretty cool! Did they mail them too, or just send them to you to mail?

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #66
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
I kinda like the Mickey Stationary! It would be good for a newsletter or something! And LOVE the new Jasmine Dress!

The STD's look great! I've never seen the option from DCL, so that's pretty cool! Did they mail them too, or just send them to you to mail?
Thanks! DFTW mailed a stack of the postcards without any information on them. We just ran them through our printer at home, added some postcard stamps, and voila!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #67
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Oh! In case anyone else would like to know the other option for the free postcard is plain white with the DCL logo in the center.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #68
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

The Dress ???

Well, I've come to the conclusion that the Maggie Sottero "Camden" just isn't going to work. It needs too many alterations. That and I pulled it out of my closet to find that our cat tried to scale it at some point!

So I'm back at square one, sort of..

I have a backup dress that would work fine. (I just need to loose about 5lbs, because right now breathing is optional! ) I'm just afraid it might be too "floofy" for the cruise. Here it is-

Casablanca 1811

I originally bought it when we were doing the Wishes wedding (for a whole $35 mind you!) My thought pattern at this point might be to wear this dress for the MK photoshoot, and have another simpler dress for the cruise. If we decide to cut the MK photoshoot I think we'll have some photos taken by a good photog friend around the resorts.

So, with that being said I went on a mission to Off Saks Fifth earlier this week armed with a 40% off coupon! And found nothing. So, being a whole block away from Macy's Bridal, and scene of PolynesianBride's awesome dress find I decided to stop by. Now this is my second trip to Macy's. The first time I did not have an appt., and was met by an extraordinarily snooty sales clerk when I asked to see their sample dresses. I said "whatever" and walked the heck out of there.

This time (still without an appt) I was met an extremely nice sales clerk, of which she suggested an upscale bridesmaid dress in white. Perfecto! So I now have a real appt during their Waters trunk show. We'll see what happens!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #69
29apr00

OMG that dress is GORGEOUS!!! how can you NOT wear that!?!?! And $35!! holy crap if you don't wear it send it to me! It's soooooo beautiful!!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #70
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcow View Post
Well, I've come to the conclusion that the Maggie Sottero "Camden" just isn't going to work. It needs too many alterations. That and I pulled it out of my closet to find that our cat tried to scale it at some point!

So I'm back at square one, sort of..

I have a backup dress that would work fine. (I just need to loose about 5lbs, because right now breathing is optional! ) I'm just afraid it might be too "floofy" for the cruise. Here it is-

Casablanca 1811

I originally bought it when we were doing the Wishes wedding (for a whole $35 mind you!) My thought pattern at this point might be to wear this dress for the MK photoshoot, and have another simpler dress for the cruise. If we decide to cut the MK photoshoot I think we'll have some photos taken by a good photog friend around the resorts.

So, with that being said I went on a mission to Off Saks Fifth earlier this week armed with a 40% off coupon! And found nothing. So, being a whole block away from Macy's Bridal, and scene of PolynesianBride's awesome dress find I decided to stop by. Now this is my second trip to Macy's. The first time I did not have an appt., and was met by an extraordinarily snooty sales clerk when I asked to see their sample dresses. I said "whatever" and walked the heck out of there.

This time (still without an appt) I was met an extremely nice sales clerk, of which she suggested an upscale bridesmaid dress in white. Perfecto! So I now have a real appt during their Waters trunk show. We'll see what happens!
That casablance dress is gorgeous! I can't believe you got it for only $35!!!
Oh I'm so sorry they were snooty to you at Macy's Bridal The first time I went I didn't have an appt either, I must have just lucked out with who was sitting at the desk at the moment. My lady's name is Pam (or Pat) but she's sooo sweet and has helped me all 3 times I've been there- when I actually bought the dress at the trunk show I went by myself and she took all the pics for me and gave me a hug and told me congrats and that she thought it was the perfect dress (of course I'm sure whe was thrilled as well bc she probably got a nice commission). Do you have a pic of what the dress you picked out looks like? You will have so much fun at the trunk show and probably will get a good deal too
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #71
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
OMG that dress is GORGEOUS!!! how can you NOT wear that!?!?! And $35!! holy crap if you don't wear it send it to me! It's soooooo beautiful!!
Way to make a girl feel good!!!

I think I have been kinda getting silly about the dress thing! I *should* probably reconsider what's in my closet! If I don't wear it, I promise I will keep you in mind!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #72
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynesianbride View Post
That casablance dress is gorgeous! I can't believe you got it for only $35!!!
Oh I'm so sorry they were snooty to you at Macy's Bridal The first time I went I didn't have an appt either, I must have just lucked out with who was sitting at the desk at the moment. My lady's name is Pam (or Pat) but she's sooo sweet and has helped me all 3 times I've been there- when I actually bought the dress at the trunk show I went by myself and she took all the pics for me and gave me a hug and told me congrats and that she thought it was the perfect dress (of course I'm sure whe was thrilled as well bc she probably got a nice commission). Do you have a pic of what the dress you picked out looks like? You will have so much fun at the trunk show and probably will get a good deal too
I'm hoping the woman I had first run into was just having an off moment!

I worked with was Cathy I believe, and she was really super sweet! Which totally made up for the other lady!

I tried on these dresses, both I liked-

(If it wasn't this one it was very similar)

and this one-

....Ok this is a sickness!! I bought another dress on Ebay, which I haven't received yet--

I'm in some serious need of Ebay rehab!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:26 AM   #73
Ann117
DIS Veteran

I love the Casablanca dress!! But I guess its whatever dress you love. Everyone keeps on finding great deals on ebay dresses I needs to starts looking there. Also I love the save the dates they are cute.
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #74
29apr00

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcow View Post
and this one-

....Ok this is a sickness!! I bought another dress on Ebay, which I haven't received yet--

I'm in some serious need of Ebay rehab!

I like both of those!! But still think you should do the Casablanca one!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #75
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

I love the pink one!!!! Probably because it's similar to my dress You are an e-bay wizard Great deals!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: