Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #46
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Trip Planning Binder!

I finally got around to taking pics of my binder. It's still a bit of a work in progress. I'm thinking about adding a tab for MNSSHP.

All clip-art on the tabbed sections and covers are the work of our very own DISdesigners, by the way!

Front cover:

Side view:

Ticket pouch, with airline itinerary behind it:

Day One:

MK (I'm going to put the park clip-art on the other side of the Day # tabs)

Loose park itinerary:

All of the wonderful tips for each park that I found on a thread here on the DIS!

Q's bday registration. I'll put his birth certificate in here, too, as the time gets closer:

Extras:

Such as, ideas for our Family Movie Nights (also compiled on a wondeful DIS thread!)

And finally, the back cover:

And just for fun, what my DH does while I am obsessively Disney planning:

Playing World of Warcraft. I used to play with him every night, but my DIS obsession has made me cut back on my WoW time.

P.S.--I also have a tab for packing lists, but I'm nowhere near ready to print those lists yet. I'm still compiling ideas for our final lists. I have a list for me & DH's suitcase, his carry-on, my carry-on, the kids' suitcases, their carry-ons, and a list for what gets packed in Grannie & Grandpa's car when they swing by our house on their drive to FL.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 05-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #47
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Yay, Mom!

Ok, I think I've lost all my readers, but just in case there are any lurkers out there: My mom is coming!

I've told her I'll take $85 off her portion of the housing, and she can pay me in increments. As for groceries, she only needs to pay for what she needs for her own snacks and breakfasts (her Lactaid milk, her instant coffee, etc.) So, that dropped her total costs back about $250, which made her feel like this is so much more manageable. She told me she was so bummed that she didn't think she could go, as she has never missed one of Q's bdays. It wouldn't be the same there without her, anyway.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #48
AngelBabyJana
Mouseketeer

You didn't lose all your readers, I am still here. Just been having a busy weekend, still had to squeeze in my DIS time though, lol.

I'm glad that you were able to work it out where your mom could still come along. It would be sad if she missed your trip and didn't get to celebrate Q's birthday with him.

Also what a neat binder! You seem so organized!

Love how the countdown calendar turned out! How are you going to "countdown" the days? By putting stickers on the Mickey heads? Or do you have other ideas?

Too cute about "The Princess" and her pull-up ...... wouldn't want her to have an accident, lol.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #49
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Thank you, Angelbaby! It's depressing talking to myself! hehe

We're going to put stickers over the numbers to count down the days. I got 500 Disney-themed stickers at Dollar Tree for $5. We have Mickey, Princesses, Tinkerbell, Hannah Montana, and Nemo.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #50
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Ooooh - love the binder!!!!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
Old 05-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #51
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Here's another cute little C quip:

The other night the kids were up waaay past their bedtimes, and DH and I were sitting in bed reading. We are in the flight path for Norfolk Int'l. Airport sometimes, and we heard a jet go over our house that sounded really low to the ground. We looked out, kind of alarmed. Evidently the kids thought it sounded unusual, too, so they watched it from the window. C comes running into our room, really excited. "Mommy, Mommy, that plane is going to Disney World." Me: "Really? You think so?" C: "Yes! Disney World is bee-you-tiful!"

Old 05-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #52
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Ooooh - love the binder!!!!!
Thanks, Torsie!

Old 05-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #53
Tillybud
DIS Veteran

Ariel & Eric

Hi, I've just seen your post on gemmybears ptr so I thought I'd pop over and say hi

I love your ptr, I would be very stressed out with all the organising for such a large group but at least it will all be worth it when you get there. C looks absolutely adorable and I love her Little Mermaid costume, especially with the nappy My dd is obsessed with Ariel & Eric and we were lucky to meet them at Disneyland Paris last October when we went for halloween, maybe you need to plan a trip to Europe for another anniversary

I'm impressed with your organiser, when we finally decide on our dates for our first trip to WDW next year I'm going to have to do something similar. I also love your countdown. I'm looking forward to see how Q celebrates his birthday. Our dd spent her 1st and 2nd birthday in Disneyland Paris and I feel so guilty that she isn't going to be there for her 3rd but I'm sure she won't remember

Anyhow I'll stop waffling on, I hope to read more in the lead up to your holiday and I hope C has a wonderful time when she gets to meet Ariel (dd watches vides of Ariel in her grotto on youtube so we can't wait to take her)

Happy planning

Victoria
Old 05-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #54
Tillybud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
Here's another cute little C quip:

The other night the kids were up waaay past their bedtimes, and DH and I were sitting in bed reading. We are in the flight path for Norfolk Int'l. Airport sometimes, and we heard a jet go over our house that sounded really low to the ground. We looked out, kind of alarmed. Evidently the kids thought it sounded unusual, too, so they watched it from the window. C comes running into our room, really excited. "Mommy, Mommy, that plane is going to Disney World." Me: "Really? You think so?" C: "Yes! Disney World is bee-you-tiful!"
that is so cute
Old 05-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #55
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillybud View Post
Hi, I've just seen your post on gemmybears ptr so I thought I'd pop over and say hi

I love your ptr, I would be very stressed out with all the organising for such a large group but at least it will all be worth it when you get there. C looks absolutely adorable and I love her Little Mermaid costume, especially with the nappy My dd is obsessed with Ariel & Eric and we were lucky to meet them at Disneyland Paris last October when we went for halloween, maybe you need to plan a trip to Europe for another anniversary

I'm impressed with your organiser, when we finally decide on our dates for our first trip to WDW next year I'm going to have to do something similar. I also love your countdown. I'm looking forward to see how Q celebrates his birthday. Our dd spent her 1st and 2nd birthday in Disneyland Paris and I feel so guilty that she isn't going to be there for her 3rd but I'm sure she won't remember

Anyhow I'll stop waffling on, I hope to read more in the lead up to your holiday and I hope C has a wonderful time when she gets to meet Ariel (dd watches vides of Ariel in her grotto on youtube so we can't wait to take her)

Happy planning

Victoria
Hi, Victoria! Thanks so much for popping over! I remember seeing your siggy and asking about Ariel & Eric, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what board that was on so I could check on the answer!

Do you know I've never, ever been out of the U.S.? I hate flying sooo much! I think I would have to be drugged for an entire flight over an ocean!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #56
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

I'm still here! love your planning binder. Question: where are the tip sheets from the Dis? Is it the threads about the specific parks? And your mom is coming hooray!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #57
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

I believe the tips for the parks are on the Disney Tips board. There are four different threads, one for each park.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #58
Tillybud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi, Victoria! Thanks so much for popping over! I remember seeing your siggy and asking about Ariel & Eric, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what board that was on so I could check on the answer!

Do you know I've never, ever been out of the U.S.? I hate flying sooo much! I think I would have to be drugged for an entire flight over an ocean!
Hi Dawn, you're welcome and I'm liking your ptr, how's the planning coming on ? Anymore cute quotes from your little chap ?

Your response made me fly, I have told my husband that I'll have to be drugged to managed the flight to the US, I am so scared but I know it will be worth it in the end I think my dd will be blown away when she finally gets to meet Ariel in her grotto, it looks amazing !!

Happy planning and I'll be popping by for updates, take care
Old 05-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #59
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

I'm glad I'm not the only big flying chicken!

Nothing much else has happened this week. I looked at some 5 BR homes in Windsor Hills to see how much they run. I found one or two that might be swingable, but I haven't heard back from their owners. We'll most likely just keep the house we've rented. The rental company was very nice when I called to ask about pool safety measures. The house is 8 mis. from WDW instead of 1.5, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.

I've been lurking over on the Disboutiquers board, just in awe of their creations and wishing I knew how to sew! That spurred me on to looking on Etsy for costumes for C and an Disney-themed outfit for "Baby", C's doll that has gone everywhere with her since she turned 2. C was just having a fit over all of the cute creations on that site. I found a couple of dresses for Baby that I will probably buy for the trip. Whoo-boy, I think I've finally lost it. I'm looking for custom Disney outfits for my daughter's doll!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #60
Tillybud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only big flying chicken!

I've been lurking over on the Disboutiquers board, just in awe of their creations and wishing I knew how to sew! That spurred me on to looking on Etsy for costumes for C and an Disney-themed outfit for "Baby", C's doll that has gone everywhere with her since she turned 2. C was just having a fit over all of the cute creations on that site. I found a couple of dresses for Baby that I will probably buy for the trip. Whoo-boy, I think I've finally lost it. I'm looking for custom Disney outfits for my daughter's doll!
I'm pleased I popped on to see how your plans are going, the lengths we go to for our kids you must post some pics of baby in her custom disney outfits if you get them ! I discovered etsy a few weeks ago and was so pleased to see some sellers ship to the UK, I have ordered some great Minnie and Disney Princess themed hair accessories, so cute

can't wait for your next planning update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: