Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Our First Birthdays with the Mouse & One Ticked Off Duck 9/16 Day 3 update

Hi all! Welcome and thanks for joining me and thank you to those coming over from my PTR. I'm new to all TR stuff so please bear with me on my first attempt. Let me start by introducing the cast.

Me Beth 28 - A SAHM who tries to squeeze in as many trips in one year as possible.

DH 26 - Loves all things Disney except the expense part.

DD 11 months - Our little princess who will be turning 1 on June 24.

My parents were with us part of our trip.

Our Trip
Check In June 29 @ OKW
July 1st (switch to AKV Jambo)
Check Out July 3rd

Chapters
Day 1 We're on our way!
Day 1 Part II We're here and OKW is beautiful!
Day 1 Part III Off to DTD to dine with the dinos
Day 1 Part III Cont... Perfect end to our day!
Day 2 AK and Rain Rain Rain!
Day 2 Cont... Soggy but happy
Day 2 Part II Is it bad to hug a duck then eat one?!?!
Day 2 Part II Cont...Parade, Fireworks, and Mickey ice cream!
Day 3 Part I AKV and our very long wait
Day 3 Part II More waiting ...then our beautiful room!

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream

Last edited by PookieB; 09-16-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

First let me start by sharing the highlight of our trip with you.

We were thrilled to become Seasonal Passholders during our trip. Since our birthdays were June 30th and July 2nd we decided to take advantage and upgrade. Although it was explained to me many times I was confused on the all upgrade plans. On Tuesday(DH's birthday) at AK we purchased 3 day park hopper passes because we had only planned to go Tuesday & Thursday and on Thursday I received my fun card of $75 and used that to upgrade us to seasonal passes. The total came out to $354.21 for 2 seasonal passes. We saved $150 ..DH liked that!

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Beth!
I'm here....love the pics!!! Great start!!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

oops....forgot to sub!!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi Beth!
I'm here....love the pics!!! Great start!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here!
and thanks for coming over ladies.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

We're on our way!

Day 1

I was surprised I slept well on Sunday night. I woke up at 6:30 am and my alarm was set for 7:00. I tossed for a few minutes then decided to just get up. I nudged DH and hopped in the shower. I got dressed and checked in on Grace. Of course she was awake and playing in her crib. I quickly changed her and brought her down stairs to feed her breakfast. While she was in the highchair I yelled up at DH to get a shower. I packed some last minute clothes for Grace and I and gave a look around to see if I missed again thing. This was the first trip we had packed mostly everything the night before. Because of this we were ahead of schedule. DH came down and started loading the SUV. I was worried about our Trailblazer because we found it had a slow leak in the front passenger tire and got patched on Sunday. But we had no choice but to take it because all of our luggage and Grace's stroller wouldn't fit it in my Corolla. So I wiped down Grace after her oatmeal mess and put her in her car seat. We had 2 stops before we got on the turnpike. Publix for her whole milk and McDonalds for our breakfast. DH got the milk and threw it in the cooler and we were surprised to see it was only 8:20. Well it was a good thing because we were in line at McDonalds for 25 minutes! Apparently it was training day for the drive thru. On a Monday morning?!?!?

Me trying to stay calm. I wanted to scream out.."Hey People..You are between me and the Mouse OK?!!?!".

Grace looking at me like I'm crazy.

I got our food and just smiled at the lady at the window and said "Bad day..huh?" I felt bad for her because she looked to be about 6 months pregnant. I handed DH his food and he said "Pull over ..I wanna drive." What?!?! I was all pumped to get down the road plus he always drives then complains he does all the driving. "Are you sure???" I asked. "Yeah ..I'm feeling sick here in the backseat." So we changed seats and off we went.

We got on the turnpike around 9:10. Traffic was steady but moving along great for a Monday morning in Palm Beach County. We ran into some bad rain around Southern Blvd but it was short lived. We ate and I shared some of my chicken biscuit with Grace. She loves to eat. She played well after that with her puppy and CD player.

I thought I would wanna sleep but I was too excited. Grace fell asleep around 9:30 and slept for about an hour. I was relieved. DH & I talked most of the drive. About his new job and our trip and future trips to Disney.

Before I knew it we were getting on the Osceola Parkway and were 10 minutes away. We were so happy to see this!!

and purple signs! YAY!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I think I have said it before, but I am so super jealous that Disney is such a short drive away for you! How heavenly it must be!

Hurray for Grace sleeping, the welcome sign, and the purple signs! All good omens for the vacation!
Old 07-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Great start!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 07-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I think I have said it before, but I am so super jealous that Disney is such a short drive away for you! How heavenly it must be!

Hurray for Grace sleeping, the welcome sign, and the purple signs! All good omens for the vacation!
It's nice but I find myself wondering if we can go every other weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I'm here! Great start!
and thanks!

Old 07-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I live right off of Southern Blvd (thats my exit/entrance on the turnpike for orlando) so I had to stop and comment on that

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Hey I'm here! Your daughter is precious!! So cute

I'm SUPERRRR jealous that WDW is so close for you!! My BF and I talk about moving down South and have tossed up moving to FL or one of the Carolinas. Being just a few hours drive from Disney is the big plus to live in FL!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. After the good car ride, you look off to a nice start
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 07-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
I live right off of Southern Blvd (thats my exit/entrance on the turnpike for orlando) so I had to stop and comment on that
! Really?!!? Hiya neighbor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hey I'm here! Your daughter is precious!! So cute

I'm SUPERRRR jealous that WDW is so close for you!! My BF and I talk about moving down South and have tossed up moving to FL or one of the Carolinas. Being just a few hours drive from Disney is the big plus to live in FL!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. After the good car ride, you look off to a nice start
and thank you! FL has it's up & downs but I really like it here. Especially North FL were you have a bit of change in season.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

We're here and OKW is beautiful!

Day 1 Part II

We thought we were following the right signs and did our famous "get lost" loop then followed the signs to OKW. As we pulled up to the guard house we heard "Welcome home!" Ahhh! Someday we will own! So off to the HH we go! We parked and as we were walking to check in it started pouring. We stood in line for about 5 minutes and then got checked in and our room was ready and it was only 11 am! I got DH's birthday button and the nice CM handed Grace a purple doggie balloon!
She was thrilled!

She also got a button because her birthday was the 24th. So back to the car we went and I studied the map. OKW is very big with beautiful grounds but nice and cozy. We were in building 18 which was not far from HH.This trip was our first stay in a Studio.

Look Mommy..this room comes with another baby!

We got all the bags from the car in 3 trips and watched a bit of DIsney Channel. Our original plan was to go to Beaches N Cream for lunch but we were feeling tired and didn't want to go far so I suggested get something from Good's. I drove down there because I was too tired to walk. I walked up and got in line. The place was packed because it was almost noon. I placed my order and it took about 25 minutes to get 2 cheeseburgers with fries and a fruit cup for Grace. They were pretty good burgers.

Dh ate most of his fries before I got the pic.

We ate then lounged around a bit watching TV. Around 1 we decide to take Grace to the pool. We put our suits on and grabbed all our gear and walked this time. It was pretty hot out on this day.

The pool was crowded and we had a hard time finding chairs. Finally we found some right in the sun. I walked over to a lifeguard to ask if Grace was allowed. I wasn't sure if babies were restricted to only kiddie pools. The kiddie pool was nice but it had no shade. We loaded up with sunscreen and entered the pool where we found shade under an umbrella. The water was comfortable and not too hot. Grace was happy..she loves the water!

After about 30 minutes of playing in the water we ahead back to the room. Grace was getting sleepy and I knew that swim would help knock her out. After I put her down for a nap I told DH I needed to go run a birthday errand. He knew it was probably for him but not what it was. I headed over to the Boardwalk bakery while DH & DD napped. It began to rain again. I entered the bakery drooling as always over all the goodies and how wonderful they smelled. I had an idea while planning our trip for a cake. We've done the whole big elaborate cake thing and while they were yummy and very pretty they were such a waste for only 2 people. I asked one of the CMs if they could write "Happy Birthday" under 2 mini Mickey head cakes and charge me. They did with no extra charge and wished me a happy birthday giving me candles and matches!

I brought them into the bathroom and set up the video camera and lit the candles to surprise DH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC7KKiTKbgw
Of course we let Grace think it was for her.

We decided to save them for later and since we had dinner ressies at T Rex at 7:45 pm. I wanted to try and catch a nap before I got a shower to get ready. The room was so dark and cool I slept for about an hour.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #15
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

The Mickey cakes are a great idea! I need to remember to go visit the Boardwalk Bakery at some point!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: