Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Bugdozer
One day at a time.
Yesterdays are great memories,
Live today for what it brings,
worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes.

Unhappy Some Sad News

Hi,

It is with great sorrow that I posting some sad news. I learned from a friend today the LittleDragonErin passed away 2 months ago in a surfing accident. She was young and full of life and she was doing what she loved. VMK was such a close community that I knew others would want to know.

Bug

WDW: Dec '98 Disney Instit, Mar '00 off site, Jan '01 All Star Sport, Jan '02 All Star Movies & AKL, Oct '03 All Star Music, Feb '04 POP, Nov '04 POP, May '05 POP, Oct '05 POP, Apr '06 POP, Nov '06 POP,
Apr '07 POP and Disney Cruise-Make a Wish Trip, Oct '07 POP, Aug '08 OKW, Nov '08 POP, Aug '09 POP, Nov '09 Caribbean Beach, Apr '10 POP, Aug ’10 POP, May ’11 POP, Oct ’11 off site, Dec ’11 Off site, May ’12 Off site, Oct ’12 Off site, Dec ’12 off Site, May ’13 off Site, July ’13 off site, Oct ’13 All star Sports, Dec ’13 Off site, May ’14 POP

DL: Apr '08 Disneyland Hotel, April '09 Off Site, Nov ’10 off site, Aug ’11 Off site, Aug ’13 Off site
Bugdozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugdozer View Post
Hi,

It is with great sorrow that I posting some sad news. I learned from a friend today the LittleDragonErin passed away 2 months ago in a surfing accident. She was young and full of life and she was doing what she loved. VMK was such a close community that I knew others would want to know.

Bug

Aww... :cry:

I remember LDE

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
disvaclub92
Always dreaming about Disney World
Are you saying we get a fast pass to heaven?
I know alot of people need big time ego stroking. Thank God I have Catholic Guilt to save me from that.

DISboards Moderator

Aww sorry to hear that.

disvaclub92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
vmkfan13
DIS Veteran

I can't believe it! There are LDE impersonators out there who will need to do some explaining.
vmkfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
sophielouise
sophielouise

ill always remember her, she welcomed me on my first day in vmk. and so was soo kind, her family will be in my prayers
sophielouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
Matty D
Mouseketeer

My deepest condolences to the family and friends during this difficult time.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
BobRichmond
May the Mind family (picturebelow) and food clones RIP on VMK

A tribute

Below is a tribute to her that was posted on the SavvyPirates forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Bluerat
I wanted to pass along the information I received today from a close friend of LittleDragonErin's. She passed away a couple months ago from a surfing accident. He wanted all her VMK friends to know and was ready to share the news. Ladyvader has written a tribute to LittleDragonErin and we wanted to share it with you. We love you Erin and you'll always been in our hearts.

A Tribute to a Pirate and a Friend.
by Ladyvader on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:23 pm

It is with such great sadness that I write this post to announce the loss of a good friend of mine, and one of the original members of Destinys Hand. My dear friend Orochi. She passed away a couple months ago from a surfing accident. I am sure that she was doing something that she loved passionately.

But that is the thing with Little Dragon Erin/Orochi everything she did in her short life she did with passion and a drive that I have never seen before in any person. She not only raised the bar for herself she raised it for everyone that she knew. I always considered myself lucky to know her.

She became a legend on VMK, there was not many people that did not know of her name on the game. Her high scores were always what all the VMK'r aspired to reach, and she helped many a player along the way, touching the lives of many in that Virtual Magic Kingdom. LDE was a rockstar for sure.

When POTCO began there was a handful of us that stayed together from VMK to form Destiny's Hand, in fact Orochi gave us our name. And gave us our logo. It was a perfect name for us. And now even more poignant. Destiny's Hand has taken away my friend Erin.

The world has turned into a funny place, where we are all finding friendships through virtual resources. Online games, Forums, etc, etc. And there are many of us that have never laid eyes on each other, much the same as I had never met Erin in real life.

But even though we never get that opportunity it does not lesson the fact that there are feelings of true friendship that bond us all as real friends. I love my virtual friends as much as any that I have here in my real world. And it is that bond that now makes me sit here crying over my loss. The loss of a young lady that at times I felt like she was my little sister, and her problems were mine, her triumphs were my joy. When she moved away, she never got to know how much I was going to miss her. But her opportunity to go and do something so wonderful I was just so happy for her. I never got to tell her goodbye. And now here I am saying goodbye for a last time.

So Erin, my little pirate sister. I love you. Aloha sweet pirate. Thank you for sailing with me for the short time we were allowed.
Outofmymind on FreeRealms beta
bobrichmond on Metaplace beta

RIP OutOfMyMind on Virtual Magic Kingdom
BobRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
wdwdreamin

Been here for ages !!

I never knew her personally but I do remember her. My condolences to her friends and family.

Growing older is inevitable, growing up is optional. You don't stop playing because you get older; you get older when you stop playing!
wdwdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #9
Iris
Not-so-secretly wishing to own the Disney Wonder
Loves her Cats

I am so sadden by this news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family.

I knew her on VMK, sadly never saw her on Pirates.

So sorry her life ended too soon.

Formerly of #462 and #737 Disneyland-1967&1987 : Prior trips to WDW-1971,1975,1976,1981,1986,1991,Every year since 1994 Disney Wonder Cruises: 2001,2002,2003; Nov.3, 2004-DVC AKL (last trip as a CM~ )December 7-10, 2004 Pop with DD for 1st trip to Pop Warner ChampionshipsJune 2005-DVC SS; Dec. 8-11, 2005 All stars with DDs for Pop Warner ChampionshipsDec. 23, 2005 - Boardwalk~Christmas at WDW!! Royal Carribbean Cruise 2005July 6-13, 2006 ~ Boardwalk DVCDLR ~ February 17-22, 2007~1st time in 20 years!June 18-25, 2007~OKW DVC September 9-13,2007~AKL DVC;June 2008~OKW DVC;JUNE 2009~ OKW DVC September 2009~DVC WL; 2 trips in one year!;Aug29-Sept.5,2010-DVC OKW~Taking DD to WDW for CareerStart!!;December 9-15, 2010 @DVC SSR to see Steph! February 26-March 4, 2011~OKW DVC to see Steph as a Character Performer!!:May 11-16,2011~OKW DVC to help move Steph permanently to Florida!;June 22-27,2011-quick trip to see Steph;Oct. 13-22, 2011-Girls trip!;Dec.4-10, 2011~DVC SSR to see Steph in the castle show!,3/27-4/1/12~Off property to help Steph move!:Nov.8-13,2012~DVC-F&W5K&visit Steph!
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
VMK_KrazyLuke
DIS Veteran
Official Tag Fairy Interviewer

This is sad news. I was lucky enough to get to know her in VMK for quite some time. Unfortunately, our connection was dropped when VMK closed. She will always be in my prayers, as well as her family and close friends.
VMK_KrazyLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #11
aengus
Official Head VMK Cheerleader!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, who’s the fairest of them all? LAVA BOI!
K0|\|9R472 0|\| 73H 749 |\|4|\|0!, I H4D |\|0 iD34 j00 \/\/3R3 8ILi|\|9|_|4l

DISboards Moderator

It feels like only yesterday...

LDE will never be forgotten.
aengus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
scrump
so the decision has been made for me
I think they are both a lot of fun and very unique

I did not know her, but I am sorry to hear this.

scrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
rickyratsmom
Mouseketeer

Oh, so sorry to hear this news! LDE was so sweet and helpful. My condolenses to all her family and friends. She was a true joy to know ( even if it was only on VMK ), you should be very proud of her!

SneekyTiki
I've been Boo'ed by Beezler!
rickyratsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:54 AM   #14
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Although LDE and I didn't know each other much, when I had heard about her passing through a friend, I was saddened. We were a small community which she was part of it in many ways. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
Jackoman
I wonder if the Tag Fairy has been to Disneyland before...
Yes I have :)

That's terrible! Prayers to her family and friends.
You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it, is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of mind. You are moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas, you have just crossed over into...The Twilight Zone.
Jackoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: