Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #1456
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone.def View Post
I'm joining in!

I'll be 34 weeks this Wednesday. Expecting a little girl on/around July 15th, 2009!
Yay! Congrats and welcome! I'm going to have a lot of stuff to update on the list on Monday!
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 05-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #1457
DMickey28
DIS Veteran
Comes from a very square 1950's Leave it to Beaver type family.
Kaboom! is my new best friend!
 
DMickey28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Someplace between here and there
Posts: 7,619

Hey Guys ... Just wanted to say that I am stalking your thread with a touch of envy!! I can't wait to see all the new little babies!

Caitlin - Congrats!!
DMickey28 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #1458
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl
 
Piecey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
lol Maybe if we keep thinking about it...

The storage cube thing in Lucas's room...is that the one from Target? We registered for it too! And I noticed someone got it for us...we're just hoping it fits in the room. My super awesome glider takes up a lot of space! lol
I *folded* Lucas' clothes. How do you fold a onesie? I'm struggling with sizes. Some of the 9-12m stuff I have looks as big as the 6-9m or 18m stuff I have in another brand. I have a feeling I'll be in the nursery for a few hours tonight trying to compare sizes and get comparable stuff together. The teensiest ones are the Gerber 0-3m...
I got labels for the cubes, though, so DH won't have to search through stuff to find what he needs...
I've just got to figure out what to put with what now.

Our cubes are from Lowes. We don't have a Target. We were wandering Lowes for SOMETHING (I seriously have no idea what, we go there so often) and I saw those and DH gave in. I'm so glad, they're perfect for onesies/sheets/sleepers!!

You're in the second to last box on your ticker!! I can't believe how this time has flown!


Oh, and you know those socks I was talking about? I totally got a package today of 0-6m, took them out of the package, into the washer, into the dryer and LOST THREE MATES?!
Only me, I swear!
So there is still a sock crisis going on in my mind.



Christine~ I hope you become a member here soon!
Piecey is offline  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #1459
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I *folded* Lucas' clothes. How do you fold a onesie? I'm struggling with sizes. Some of the 9-12m stuff I have looks as big as the 6-9m or 18m stuff I have in another brand. I have a feeling I'll be in the nursery for a few hours tonight trying to compare sizes and get comparable stuff together. The teensiest ones are the Gerber 0-3m...
I got labels for the cubes, though, so DH won't have to search through stuff to find what he needs...
I've just got to figure out what to put with what now.

Our cubes are from Lowes. We don't have a Target. We were wandering Lowes for SOMETHING (I seriously have no idea what, we go there so often) and I saw those and DH gave in. I'm so glad, they're perfect for onesies/sheets/sleepers!!

You're in the second to last box on your ticker!! I can't believe how this time has flown!


Oh, and you know those socks I was talking about? I totally got a package today of 0-6m, took them out of the package, into the washer, into the dryer and LOST THREE MATES?!
Only me, I swear!
So there is still a sock crisis going on in my mind.



Christine~ I hope you become a member here soon!
Is it Closetmaid? I bet it's the same thing...we're going to have to exchange ours since we picked the wrong color...it doesn't match anything in the room. lol

Did you check the hose thingy? Exhaust hose? That's where my socks always hide.
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #1460
MinnieFan4ever


DIS Cast Member
 
MinnieFan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone.def View Post
I'm joining in!

I'll be 34 weeks this Wednesday. Expecting a little girl on/around July 15th, 2009!
Welcome and Congrats on your baby girl You are just 3 weeks behind me, I'm due on the 27th of June.
MinnieFan4ever is offline  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #1461
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."
 
HomeSweetDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,081

Hi ladies! Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

Caitlin, congrats on your baby girl! She is precious

Valerie, I am so sorry to hear about your hospital stay but I am glad that the babies (and you!) are doing well. We're always here to entertain you when you get bored!


Patsy, you're gonna pop lady! Just a few more days and you'll be a mommy! I bet you're so excited I can't wait to see all the pictures of baby Lucas. I just know he's gonna be super cute


Well today I had my baby shower and it was awesome. My mom really knows how to put together a nice event I'll post some pictures of me and my "Angelina Jolie" dress as soon as I get them uploaded. And oh my lord, the presents. I got so much stuff! I don't even know what to do with it all! Right now I had to cram it all into the closet of the guest bedroom cause there was no room for it anywhere else I got lots of diapers and wipes too which was great cause I haven't bought ANY yet But one of the best pieces of advice I got (and I got a LOT today ) was to leave all the tags on and leave everything in it's packaging until I know for sure I am using it. Then if I don't I can return or exchange it. I thought that was pretty smart

Anyway, I am EXHAUSTED. I am off from work today, tomorrow, and Monday which is so nice. I had to work NINE days straight to get this three day weekend so I plan on enjoying every second of it!

Oh, and my cousin had her baby! She had her on Thursday morning, a baby girl named Olivia. We went and saw her at the hospital Thursday evening and holding that tiny little baby made me even more excited for my little guy to get here
__________________
Me: Veronica (28) DS: Jacob (5)
HomeSweetDisney is offline  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #1462
jaleaton
I walked into a Target bathroom and it smelled like Disney World!
 
jaleaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lafayette, IN
Posts: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post

Oh, and you know those socks I was talking about? I totally got a package today of 0-6m, took them out of the package, into the washer, into the dryer and LOST THREE MATES?!
Only me, I swear!
So there is still a sock crisis going on in my mind.

I've heard to wash small baby things like socks in a washable laundry bag. My washer and dryer seem to eat adult socks, so I don't even want to think about what they will do to little itty bitty socks.
__________________
June 2006:Engaged at WDW, July 2007:Honeymoon at CBR, Oct. 2008:POFQ & 1st MNSSHP, Jan. 2009:OKW & VWL w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy, Oct. 2009: 1st Trip as DVC Members @ BLT w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy (Isabelle's 1st Trip), June 2010: AKL , May 2011: BLT, June 2011: OKW,November 2012: BLT (Juliet's 1st Trip) October 2013: BLT, January 2014: AKL,May 2014: Boardwalk,
jaleaton is offline  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #1463
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
Well today I had my baby shower and it was awesome. My mom really knows how to put together a nice event I'll post some pictures of me and my "Angelina Jolie" dress as soon as I get them uploaded. And oh my lord, the presents. I got so much stuff! I don't even know what to do with it all! Right now I had to cram it all into the closet of the guest bedroom cause there was no room for it anywhere else I got lots of diapers and wipes too which was great cause I haven't bought ANY yet But one of the best pieces of advice I got (and I got a LOT today ) was to leave all the tags on and leave everything in it's packaging until I know for sure I am using it. Then if I don't I can return or exchange it. I thought that was pretty smart

Anyway, I am EXHAUSTED. I am off from work today, tomorrow, and Monday which is so nice. I had to work NINE days straight to get this three day weekend so I plan on enjoying every second of it!

Oh, and my cousin had her baby! She had her on Thursday morning, a baby girl named Olivia. We went and saw her at the hospital Thursday evening and holding that tiny little baby made me even more excited for my little guy to get here
Sounds like you had a great time! Now relax!!

I can't believe the Cavs are going to lose...this is going to kill me...I've never been so wrapped up in a team. Cleveland needs this sooo bad. It was such an amazing season and now this...
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 05-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #1464
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl
 
Piecey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Is it Closetmaid? I bet it's the same thing...we're going to have to exchange ours since we picked the wrong color...it doesn't match anything in the room. lol

Did you check the hose thingy? Exhaust hose? That's where my socks always hide.
It is Closetmaid, yes.

The metal thingie that goes outside and makes it smell good if you're out there while doing laundry?
Crap. I don't know. They go in there? Seriously?
We had a contractor add our laundry area by taking out a portion of our dining room to house the machines with doors that open up into the kitchen. The exhaust runs into the basement and then by a floor joice, outside. It curves twice... so no way on this earth that DH is going to undo that exhaust to look for baby socks.
I'm going to need to locate the box with the lingerie bag and make sure all washing of socks are in there it seems.

Veronica- I keep eating fresh pineapple (grilled tonight, mmm) hoping he'll just decide to do this now, but he's quite comfy. At least now I have a few more days to find those socks...

Congrats on the shower! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaleaton View Post
I've heard to wash small baby things like socks in a washable laundry bag. My washer and dryer seem to eat adult socks, so I don't even want to think about what they will do to little itty bitty socks.
I did the first ones in a laundry bag but I'm doing good that I know where the Free and Clear laundry detergent is right now, much less the laundry bag.
It's ridiculous.. DH had to run to CVS down the street to get something so we could flip the chicken on the grill today. We have no idea where ANYTHING is. I found a box of bathroom stuff in the kitchen and a thing of spices in the basement...
Piecey is offline  
Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 AM   #1465
DannysMom
DIS Veteran
 
DannysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Oh, and you know those socks I was talking about? I totally got a package today of 0-6m, took them out of the package, into the washer, into the dryer and LOST THREE MATES?!
Only me, I swear!
So there is still a sock crisis going on in my mind.
Quick sock tip..... buy all one kind/color, usually white-- so when you do lose mates (and you will) you are not down so many pair. And when they turn up again (sometimes they do) they can be re-paired with any mateless sock. sometimes though I think they disappear into the drum of the washer, and out with the rinse water, never to be seem again.....
__________________
--Me! & DH ,- 10 YEARS OLD, mild CP, & a Disney fan & twins, & --4!
DVC BCV owners!
DannysMom is offline  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 AM   #1466
MinnieFan4ever


DIS Cast Member
 
MinnieFan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaleaton View Post
I've heard to wash small baby things like socks in a washable laundry bag. My washer and dryer seem to eat adult socks, so I don't even want to think about what they will do to little itty bitty socks.
Oh, what a great idea. Thanks for the tip
MinnieFan4ever is offline  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #1467
Disneycrazy!!
DIS Veteran
 
Disneycrazy!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2 Hours south of the Mouse's house!!
Posts: 726

Hi! I am due in September on the 20th but I am having another C-section, so I will deliver earlier than that. We are having another boy...his name will be Blake William. I am 24 weeks today...the time is going by so fast.
Disneycrazy!! is offline  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:05 AM   #1468
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran
 
yellowfish78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 1023.7 miles from Disney
Posts: 6,283

Hi everyone! If your up for another member of the club, I'd love to join in! We are due 9/15 and it's our first and will be a suprise. So I think that makes me officially 25 weeks today (and gaining too much weight per my midwife...but we don't have to discuss that just yet... ) DH and I are in the process of cleaning out a spare bedroom, redoing some wiring and getting ready to rip off wallpaper to start working on actually having a baby's room in the near future.
So far no problems at all (no morning sickness at all) so I guess I'm lucky as of now.
yellowfish78 is offline  
Old 05-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #1469
trmcguire
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 90

Hello all! I was in Moms to be part 2.... and now I will join this one! I think I am due in early February, but I have no idea since my cycle was never since after giving birth in December! I guess I will fin out when I go to the doctor. Can't believe I'm doing this again!! This is a complete shock since I was using birth control. Also- we already booked and paid for our December trip. We are taking my son for his first birthday December 5-11. Any ideas or do you think we need to cancel?
__________________
Me: DH: James



trmcguire is offline  
Old 05-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #1470
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
It is Closetmaid, yes.

The metal thingie that goes outside and makes it smell good if you're out there while doing laundry?
Crap. I don't know. They go in there? Seriously?
Yep...that's where they hang out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazy!! View Post
Hi! I am due in September on the 20th but I am having another C-section, so I will deliver earlier than that. We are having another boy...his name will be Blake William. I am 24 weeks today...the time is going by so fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
Hi everyone! If your up for another member of the club, I'd love to join in! We are due 9/15 and it's our first and will be a suprise. So I think that makes me officially 25 weeks today (and gaining too much weight per my midwife...but we don't have to discuss that just yet... ) DH and I are in the process of cleaning out a spare bedroom, redoing some wiring and getting ready to rip off wallpaper to start working on actually having a baby's room in the near future.
So far no problems at all (no morning sickness at all) so I guess I'm lucky as of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmcguire View Post
Hello all! I was in Moms to be part 2.... and now I will join this one! I think I am due in early February, but I have no idea since my cycle was never since after giving birth in December! I guess I will fin out when I go to the doctor. Can't believe I'm doing this again!! This is a complete shock since I was using birth control. Also- we already booked and paid for our December trip. We are taking my son for his first birthday December 5-11. Any ideas or do you think we need to cancel?
OMG! Welcome everyone...I think you 3 get the award for the most people joining in consecutive posts!

Hmmm a 1 yr old and 7-8 months preggers?? Sounds doable to me actually. I feel better now than I did in the beginning when I went to disney. The nice thing is that you and DS will be able to go at about the same pace and ride the same rides. And that is a GREAT week to go...

I would hold off to find out your actual due date. If you'd be less than 34 weeks, I would still consider going with the knowledge that you might need to take it easy.
harleyquinn is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV safetymom Disney Resorts 3738 06-28-2010 10:50 AM
How many more days until your trip to WDW? (Part 2) ransom Doing the Happy Dance! 3854 08-23-2009 10:03 PM
January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part V Momof2Disneyboys Countdowns and Live Reports 3686 07-08-2009 02:28 PM
Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew teresajoy Disney for Families 3746 06-04-2009 08:36 PM
OT - Am I A Bad Mom? smkiya Disney for Families 29 04-11-2009 03:36 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: