Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #1441
MelessaG
Proud Mommy of 4!
Jimmy Fallon can update my weekend!

Valerie-Yep, you're right about the $hit and the fan. I'm glad everyone is stable now. I'm also relieved that you and the babies are where you need to be even if that means spending the rest of the pregnancy in the hospital. We'll do our best to keep you entertained while praying for every extra day those babies can stay put.

Piecey-LOVE the nursery pics. Once you hit 5 kids, you don't get to decorate a room, but I went a little crazy at BRU yesterday finding cute froggy things to decorate the area in our room where the crib and changing table will be. (Got the crib from my sister earlier this week and am waiting not-so-patiently for my DH to put it together.) I got a crib bumper, a changing pad for our dresser (which doubled as a changing table for our other kids too), a mobile with a frog, princess, coach, and castle, and some matching sheets and receiving blankets. Once everything is set up, I will have to post some pics too.

Welcome to Autumn and Boltfans! Autumn, this baby I'm expecting was a big surprise to us too. I struggled a lot with the news before just embracing it. (I didn't realize just how much I was embracing it until my little shopping spree yesterday! Fun!) We already had a big family AND we already had all of them in school all day. But...in the grand scheme of things, life can offer a lot of surprises MUCH more unpleasant than an unexpected pregnancy. At least that's what I finally decided.

Mom to DD (12) DS (9) DD (7) DD (5) and a Bonus Baby born 08/04/2009

SOG '99, off-site '01 & '02, AKL '04, POR '05 and FW in '06!
Old 05-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #1442
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks all. I'm hanging in there. Right now the most annoying thing is the IV port in my wrist. I'm not attached to anything, but I still have a "live" port that hurts if I move my wrist too much.

I also have some compression stocking things that I have to put on my lower legs when I'm just lying around -- which is most of the day. They're like velcro leg warmers that are connected to an air compressor & they alterante blowing up to try to avoid blood clots while I'm on bedrest. I actually think they are helping, my legs look skinnier, more normal now. So I guess I was retaining a bunch of fluids in my legs.

You wouldn't believe how sweaty & skanky feeling you get from just sitting or lying in bed all day. Doing nothing is harder than you might think. My son has a t-ball game today. The plan is for DH to bring him to see me after the game now that I'm more "normal" & settled in a regular room. We'll see if that makes things better or worse.

I also think that we have more or less settled on names for these kids, Dylan Michael & Kathleen Marie (Katie) -- I think. Subject to change, of course. So then we'd have Dan, Dylan & Katie -- sounds good together, no?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #1443
december
DIS Veteran

I love the names, but I'm a little partial to Katie!

You are in my thoughts and prayers
Old 05-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #1444
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Valerie, I love the names! I think they sound great together.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #1445
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Thanks all. I'm hanging in there. I also think that we have more or less settled on names for these kids, Dylan Michael & Kathleen Marie (Katie) -- I think. Subject to change, of course. So then we'd have Dan, Dylan & Katie -- sounds good together, no?
I hope you are able to rest and get comfortable. Love the names you have picked out so far. We will keep you in thought.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #1446
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Just for piece of mind. . .

Did you all feel a lot of pressure and such down below (like where you would normally feel cramps)?? I am 20 weeks and it seems early for a lot of pressure down there. Baby was sitting on my bladder during the last ultrasounds, so I'm chalking it up to that, but I just wanted to hear from some of you that are further along! Plus it seems early, but I am already having to pee like crazy. . .

Old 05-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #1447
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

I had a lot of pressure down there...it felt like he was jumping/laying directly on the uh, more private areas of my anatomy.

Is that what you mean?

I was thinking someone else on here said the same thing. Maybe Sarah or Veronica?

Mine went away after a few weeks. I have no pressure there as we speak. Lucky me with the baby who doesn't want to lock into position still

*eta*I can't help on the pee'ing thing. I only ever really had the increased urge to pee during the day when I drank a lot of water or juice... it's really just been the last 4 weeks where I have been getting up in the middle of the night to pee.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #1448
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Yeah - pressure on my private area - which I was surprised about - but also in the bladder area. I am thinking it may have to do with growing there and the fact that she likes to sit and jump on my bladder. . .

Old 05-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #1449
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Mine went away when he flipped.

That might not have had anything to do with it but I know I woke up one day and felt loads better and found out he flipped.

Maybe they're literally sitting on your private area? Have a talk with them-- they're supposed to be butt up!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #1450
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Mine went away when he flipped.

That might not have had anything to do with it but I know I woke up one day and felt loads better and found out he flipped.

Maybe they're literally sitting on your private area? Have a talk with them-- they're supposed to be butt up!
LOL - when we saw her at 17 weeks she was head down, but at 20 she was literally sitting on my bladder - but she s insanely active - the ultrasound tech was chasing her around my stomach, it was a bit funny. . . so sometimes it feels way worse. . . plus I've read about that round ligament stretching an other stuff. I usually say I think she likes to use my bladder as a trampoline, but now I know it is her couch, lol!

Old 05-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #1451
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

At least some of the time these babies are stomping on my cervix, that feels weird. And on the increased peeing thing..... being the resident PTL expert, a UTI can set off PTL, so it is worth a call to your OB to check, just to make sure that you aren't brewing a UTI. Monday is probably soon enough though. It can also be a totally normal pg symptom though too.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #1452
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by apress View Post
Hi ladies
I hope you don't mind if I join you. I have been lurking for some time and decided I should join in. My name is Autumn and this is my third pregnancy. I have two girls already that are 6 and 3. I am completely overhelmed right now because this was so not planned and a complete shock. I am due in January and had my first appointment yesterday which landed me in the hospital for a couple of hours because of dehyrdation. I think this is going to be one long pregnancy.
Welcome! I'll add your name to the list on monday when I'm back at work. We're here for whatever you need!
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitty13 View Post
I just wanted to let you all know that Lilliana Mae was born May 28th @ 3:29pm. She weighed 7 lbs 5 oz's and 19 inches long. We will be in the hospital until Sunday but we are both doing really well. Caitlin
Congrats! I'll add you to the list on Monday!
The name Liliana was number forty-something on the top names list--Lily was number 10. I can't believe Liliana was on there! But I like our spelling better!

Valerie:
Sending good thoughts and prayers you're way.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #1453
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Okay, Sarah and I need some help.

We need our nesting urge to go forth and make us want to do laundry and clean the bathroom.

Any help?

I have the last load of Lucas' clothes in the dryer! Sleep positioner, too. Wohooo!

...I really need to pack my hospital bag.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:13 PM   #1454
tone.def
My Mommy told me I look pretty all the time - even when I'm stressed!!!
Last trip I brought little "moose droppings"

I'm joining in!

I'll be 34 weeks this Wednesday. Expecting a little girl on/around July 15th, 2009!

MAY 2013 - ART OF ANIMATION RESORT
DECEMBER 2011 - CORONADO SPRINGS & 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Magic & ALL STAR MUSIC RESORT
FEBRUARY 2011 - ALL STAR MOVIES RESORT
MARCH 2010 - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
JANUARY 2010 - BEACH CLUB RESORT
JUNE 2008 - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
DECEMBER 2007 - DOLPHIN
DECEMBER 2005 - POLYNESIAN RESORT
FEBRUARY 2004 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
DECEMBER 1992 - DIXIE LANDINGS (now PO)

I don't list the times spent offsite, because to me it doesn't count as a real Disney trip
Old 05-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #1455
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Okay, Sarah and I need some help.

We need our nesting urge to go forth and make us want to do laundry and clean the bathroom.

Any help?

I have the last load of Lucas' clothes in the dryer! Sleep positioner, too. Wohooo!

...I really need to pack my hospital bag.
lol Maybe if we keep thinking about it...

The storage cube thing in Lucas's room...is that the one from Target? We registered for it too! And I noticed someone got it for us...we're just hoping it fits in the room. My super awesome glider takes up a lot of space! lol
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: