Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #1426
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Wow! I could stand to lose 5 pounds! lol That would be sweet! Is that in one week or two? Maybe I'll get lucky since I've been retaining and sweeling off and on too. lol That website sounds sweet!
OMG, no that was Tuesday. The nurse weighed me again and said "what happened" like I did something. I said I think I was really swollen and she said let me see your feet today. I've had ankles all day so it was a good day for me. I have no idea what happened. Trust me, with the way I'm eating I'm surprised I haven't gained more weight by now. I want to go to Cracker Barrel tonight, but I think DH plans to mow the lawn. Maybe I can persuade him... roast beef dinner, mashed potaotes, cinnamon apples, and casserole. Oh man.

Piecey - you are right. Last week as a pregnant lady! lol My dad insisted on getting a carseat for his car. He's wandering the BBRU aisle and says how about this one? It was the $400 model. We bought a nice one and we went to install it and it was too high for him to be able to see out the back window of his Cherokee. So we returned it and tried again. Same problem. So now he gave up and said I get to drive. A convertible could last them longer than just the base. We love our Gracos, just a little plug.

Good deals at ON. I guess I will have to go and see what they have. Sometimes they are crazy for boys clothes and sometimes it's like they forgot to put out what they had and hurried to mark it down. I hate their boys section. It's sooooo tiny compared to the girls section.

Sarah - ON baby is fun but dangerous. I found a ton of ON stuff NWT at a local kids sale before our first was born. They grow so fast he didn't get to wear half of it. You could always return some of the fun stuff if you find you don't need it. We returned about $200 worth of stuff and still have some of the giftcards.

Last edited by ShootingStarMom2; 05-29-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #1427
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Welcome Autumn!!!

I totally know what you mean about eager grandparents wanting to buy stuff you don't need yet. My FIL wanted to buy a guitar, a real full size one for the baby. I was like, but she won't be able to use it for at least 5 years, if not longer. I have also turned down toys for 2-3 year old kids. I know they are super excited, so are we. But slow down people. Lets wait until she is at least born.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #1428
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
OMG, no that was Tuesday. The nurse weighed me again and said "what happened" like I did something. I said I think I was really swollen and she said let me see your feet today. I've had ankles all day so it was a good day for me. I have no idea what happened. Trust me, with the way I'm eating I'm surprised I haven't gained more weight by now. I want to go to Cracker Barrel tonight, but I think DH plans to mow the lawn. Maybe I can persuade him... roast beef dinner, mashed potaotes, cinnamon apples, and casserole. Oh man.

Piecey - you are right. Last week as a pregnant lady! lol My dad insisted on getting a carseat for his car. He's wandering the BBRU aisle and says how about this one? It was the $400 model. We bought a nice one and we went to install it and it was too high for him to be able to see out the back window of his Cherokee. So we returned it and tried again. Same problem. So now he gave up and said I get to drive. A convertible could last them longer than just the base. We love our Gracos, just a little plug.

Good deals at ON. I guess I will have to go and see what they have. Sometimes they are crazy for boys clothes and sometimes it's like they forgot to put out what they had and hurried to mark it down. I hate their boys section. It's sooooo tiny compared to the girls section.
Mmm.... Cracker Barrell! That does sound good. I love their sugar ham and the casserole is delicious.
I am totally craving Triple Chocolate Meltdown from Applebee's, though. Luckily a friend is coming over to help me get through stuff-- I figure since I made it out (on my own!) to ON, Wal*Mart, Borders and Dairy Queen earlier I should take advantage of how I feel and get some unpacking done. She drives by Applebees on her way so she is going to pick me up some yummy deliciousness before she gets here. Mmm... I need to not tell DH, though. He'll be jealous!!

I know what you mean... the girls section was seriously 10x the boys. Frustrating. It's hard enough to find stuff and most of it was swim shirts, trunks and $9 sun hats. No, thank you. I'm grateful for the shirts I got, though, I think they were well worth the $1.99.

I'm totally having contractions.. weirdest thing is, I can feel these (they're not painful, so probably braxton hicks) but I feel better today than I have most of the week. Baffling.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #1429
caitty13
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to let you all know that Lilliana Mae was born May 28th @ 3:29pm. She weighed 7 lbs 5 oz's and 19 inches long. We will be in the hospital until Sunday but we are both doing really well. Caitlin

Old 05-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #1430
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Caitty, so glad you posted beautiful Lilliana!!! Congrats to you all. Get as much rest as possible, we are all thinking of you!

Autumn, glad to have you join us. Congrats on expecting number 3.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #1431
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitty13 View Post
I just wanted to let you all know that Lilliana Mae was born May 28th @ 3:29pm. She weighed 7 lbs 5 oz's and 19 inches long. We will be in the hospital until Sunday but we are both doing really well. Caitlin

CONGRATS!!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #1432
boltfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Liliana is adorable! Congrats!

Autumn, I'm due around the same time as you with my 3rd too. Sorry to hear it's not going well so far, hope things get better for you.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #1433
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CONGRATS! What a beautiful little one.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #1434
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

well the $hit hit the fan.....

Hello Ladies,

Short story, I'm on hospital bedrest at a hospital with a regional perinatal center & level III NICU --the hospital where my son spent his NICU stay 6 years ago.

It started last Sunday, great way to spend a holiday weekend, I gotta say. Went in to my local hospital with some contrax that I thought oughta be checked out. Thought they might send me home after some monitoring, then the contrax started breaking through my nifedipine dosage. So I got betamethasone & was started on Mag. We were hoping for a 2-3 day stay in my local hospital to get the steroids in & get me off the Mag. When they tried to stop the Mag, 4 hours later the contractions started back up like gangbusters. They re-started the Mag, pushed a bolus of Mag & started indomethicin. Even with all that, I was very afraid that they would not be able to stall out my contrax, it was very scary.

It took all night, but they did slow down. By morning it was obvious that I needed to be someplace else. So I was tranferred, that was Wednesday. I've been here since. Was in a L&D room when I got here, basically tied to the bed, so wired up I couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom. That was tough. Last night I was stable enough that I got tranferred to an antepartum room, so more freedom for me. Today I had DH bring in the laptop so I'm not so isolated.

I could well be here until I deliver, whenever that may be. Hoping not for a while. Since I have a history of rapid de-stabilization, I don't think I'm going anywhere. Good news is that everytime I'm on the monitors the babies look great. If my body weren't so dead set on trying to evict them, it'd be peachy. So tomorrow (Saturday) I'll be 26 weeks, so far we've already bought 1 more week, plus the steriods. I just gotta see how long we can keep this going. Wish me luck, it's gonna be a long summer no matter how this goes.....

--Valerie, mom to Danny, 26 1/2 weeker almst 6 & almost 26 weeks pg w/ B/G twins.....
Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #1435
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Caitty13- She is beautiful!!!! Just beautiful

Valerie- I am glad to hear you are some what stable now. Keep up the good work. I will say a little prayer for you and the twins tonight.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #1436
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Okay, I think nesting has hit!

I planned on using my friend's help to unpack or whatever but we worked on the nursery instead.

I still need to put the curtain on the closet (it's orange and matches the curtains on the windows), hang up my families hand prints on that bare wall by the crib and put up the crown molding. I also have little yellow stars I'm going to put around in various places, I think. I just need that tacky stuff to do it!

The black boards have bare spaces so anyone who comes to visit baby Lucas and hasn't done one, can.

Looking at the closet from the glider... they had to knock the wall out and extend into the closet to get large enough duct work to the attic to install air conditioning.. It makes a cute place to hang up hats, though, and a curtain will eventually be covering it!

His changing table area, not much has changed except it's stocked up and ready to go now!

His cubes, one of my favorite posters from WDW and the boards with everybody who did a hand print at the shower on them!

His crib, with CLEAN and ready to go bedding... the hand prints on either side of his name are DH and myself... the ones between the window are DH's mom, my BIL and BIL's long-term girlfriend.... the bare wall will have my parent's hand prints, my brother and my brother's girlfriends hand prints (which are waiting in Orlando to take their place on the wall!) and then underneath of Lucas' name I have two smaller plaques that I will be doing Lucas' hand and foot prints and hanging there.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #1437
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Eeek! Valerie, I'm so glad you checked in!! Not too long ago I was wondering on here where you were..
You and your twins are in my thoughts, I hope that the hospital can help you keep them in there as long as possible!

Caitlin, Lilliana is adorable!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #1438
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Hello Ladies,

Short story, I'm on hospital bedrest at a hospital with a regional perinatal center & level III NICU --the hospital where my son spent his NICU stay 6 years ago.

It started last Sunday, great way to spend a holiday weekend, I gotta say. Went in to my local hospital with some contrax that I thought oughta be checked out. Thought they might send me home after some monitoring, then the contrax started breaking through my nifedipine dosage. So I got betamethasone & was started on Mag. We were hoping for a 2-3 day stay in my local hospital to get the steroids in & get me off the Mag. When they tried to stop the Mag, 4 hours later the contractions started back up like gangbusters. They re-started the Mag, pushed a bolus of Mag & started indomethicin. Even with all that, I was very afraid that they would not be able to stall out my contrax, it was very scary.

It took all night, but they did slow down. By morning it was obvious that I needed to be someplace else. So I was tranferred, that was Wednesday. I've been here since. Was in a L&D room when I got here, basically tied to the bed, so wired up I couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom. That was tough. Last night I was stable enough that I got tranferred to an antepartum room, so more freedom for me. Today I had DH bring in the laptop so I'm not so isolated.

I could well be here until I deliver, whenever that may be. Hoping not for a while. Since I have a history of rapid de-stabilization, I don't think I'm going anywhere. Good news is that everytime I'm on the monitors the babies look great. If my body weren't so dead set on trying to evict them, it'd be peachy. So tomorrow (Saturday) I'll be 26 weeks, so far we've already bought 1 more week, plus the steriods. I just gotta see how long we can keep this going. Wish me luck, it's gonna be a long summer no matter how this goes.....

--Valerie, mom to Danny, 26 1/2 weeker almst 6 & almost 26 weeks pg w/ B/G twins.....
I will be praying for you, and for those baby's to stay put!! Hopefully it won't be as bad now that you can actually get up to go to the bathroom and have the laptop.

Piecey - Your Nursery looks ready to go!! I love the hand print idea!!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #1439
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Valerie, praying for you and the twins. Follow Dr. orders and be a good patient. We are all here to talk and entertain you online.

Patsy, you must be thrilled the nursery is done. It looks like a very happy place for little Lucas!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #1440
MelessaG
Proud Mommy of 4!
Jimmy Fallon can update my weekend!

Quote:
Congratulations! I haven't been online since Thurs. and I was really hoping for cute baby pictures when I logged in this morning!

Mom to DD (12) DS (9) DD (7) DD (5) and a Bonus Baby born 08/04/2009

SOG '99, off-site '01 & '02, AKL '04, POR '05 and FW in '06!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: