Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #1411
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Sounds like the basement might be a good place for it..

I have moved and re-done my nursery a ton, TON of times. I figure when he actually gets here I'll be re-organizing things all over again to figure out what works best again.

I'm sure someone out there would definitely be grateful for it. Are there any woman's shelters or anything like that around you? My Aunt was a director for the local domestic abuse shelter and she loved stuff like that- she said it was heartbreaking how many ladies came in with newborns because their husbands didn't want the baby, were jealous of the baby or whatever. They were always desperate for things like that!

I'm off to the store before DH gets home from work... I've got a few last minute things I want (socks, for some reason.. I feel like I need more socks for Lucas!) and I heard Old Navy is doing 50% off clearance and since it's next door to Borders and DH promised me a new book for the hospital.. I figure it can't hurt to swing by there while I'm out..
Hope you have a good shopping trip! I'm going to head to ON tomorrow...I have a $10 off of $50 coupon.

We registered for a ton of socks for some reason! lol They were sooo cute!

I just looked at my registry and someone bought the cube organizer thingy we wanted, but now I'm worried about having space for it! FIL is making us a toy chest...so between that the big glider, crib and 2 dressers, I'm thinking we went a bit overboard!

I'll definitely look into donating it somewhere that could really use it...
Old 05-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #1412
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Hi,
I have an update from our appointment today. I lost 5 pounds. Hmmm, I think I was really swollen last week and carrying extra water weight. The baby's NST went fine, his heartbeat was around 140 and he passed his test. He's measuring 36 weeks, but he was flopping around when she was measuring him. The doctor offered to check me since I hadn't been checked yet. We're at 2cm and 50% effaced -2. Yikes! I've been having contractions since we left but they are really far apart. The other doctor we like said she's on call Tuesday so I told her we'd see her then.

I guess we'll just wait and see what happens. Either way, this is my last weekend as a mommy with just one baby. DH is working tomorrow so everyone is trying to make sure I'm not sitting here alone and end up in labor. My dad is out of town and my DPILs are going to a baseball game. It's so nice to be thought about!

I found a website that will keep track of your contractions. You can even print it to take it to the hospital with you. www.contractionmaster.com It marks the minute, hour, and second and then gives you the intervals between them.

Sarah - great find on the rocker. I'm totally jealous! It looks like brand new.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #1413
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
... Someone that my mom works with gave us a bassinet, but it's HUGE...I can't imagine we can use it in our little house. And my mom's all mad at me for not being overjoyed that someone gave me a hand-me-down of something I didn't even register for in the first place...I knew we didn't have the space for it...
Cathy's mother and sister keep going to yard sales and buying stuff. Then, they bring it to our house expecting us to be overjoyed. They fail to understand that we might actually want to decide what ends up in our house. Go figure.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #1414
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
Hi,
I have an update from our appointment today. I lost 5 pounds. Hmmm, I think I was really swollen last week and carrying extra water weight. The baby's NST went fine, his heartbeat was around 140 and he passed his test. He's measuring 36 weeks, but he was flopping around when she was measuring him. The doctor offered to check me since I hadn't been checked yet. We're at 2cm and 50% effaced -2. Yikes! I've been having contractions since we left but they are really far apart. The other doctor we like said she's on call Tuesday so I told her we'd see her then.

I guess we'll just wait and see what happens. Either way, this is my last weekend as a mommy with just one baby. DH is working tomorrow so everyone is trying to make sure I'm not sitting here alone and end up in labor. My dad is out of town and my DPILs are going to a baseball game. It's so nice to be thought about!

I found a website that will keep track of your contractions. You can even print it to take it to the hospital with you. www.contractionmaster.com It marks the minute, hour, and second and then gives you the intervals between them.

Sarah - great find on the rocker. I'm totally jealous! It looks like brand new.
Wow! I could stand to lose 5 pounds! lol That would be sweet! Is that in one week or two? Maybe I'll get lucky since I've been retaining and sweeling off and on too. lol

That website sounds sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
Cathy's mother and sister keep going to yard sales and buying stuff. Then, they bring it to our house expecting us to be overjoyed. They fail to understand that we might actually want to decide what ends up in our house. Go figure.
You poor thing! My mom's only done that with stuff she's keeping at her house. Her first purchase was an umbrella stroller that I don't think Lily can use for at least 6 months! I was like, why do you need a stroller?? If you have the baby, you will have our stroller! I'm not going to carry it around with me by myself!
Is this your MIL and SIL's first baby to buy for?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #1415
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Hope you have a good shopping trip! I'm going to head to ON tomorrow...I have a $10 off of $50 coupon.

We registered for a ton of socks for some reason! lol They were sooo cute!
Well, on one hand I'm really glad you got your cube organizer and on the other now I'm irritated because I meant to buy labels while I was out. DH insists that I label the cubes so he isn't tearing through them trying to find things.

I didn't register for socks. I don't know why I didn't. I got two packages, though. One 0-6 months and one 18-I forget. Go figure, they didn't have any 0-6 so I still feel really short handed on socks! I bought another package of 6-12 months to make myself feel more prepared.. but I'm not exactly sure how well that will work on teensy little feet. I might have to send my mom on a mission for socks.

Good luck at Old Navy! I wasn't terribly impressed with the clearance prices on much of the newborn stuff ($5 for a onesie? Who are they kidding?? Even if it IS 50% off! ) so I looked through the 6months+ stuff and got some really cute shirts!

The 5 button downs were $1.99/each and the navy blue hooded shirt was $2.49... the pink socks I couldn't resist to throw into my gift box, they were $2.24/3 pair (they just couldn't have little boy ones, could they? to satisfy my sock obsession!) and then the red and black mess on the right side is a fleece size S mittens and cap which was $.49 for the set and I couldn't resist for $.49!

I got myself a lightweight grey non-hooded jacket (which is SUPER soft) for $3.24 and a black lightweight cotton cardigan that will be perfect to wear overtop tank tops and hide my flabby arms for $4.49.

Not a bad trip if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
The doctor offered to check me since I hadn't been checked yet. We're at 2cm and 50% effaced -2. Yikes! I've been having contractions since we left but they are really far apart. The other doctor we like said she's on call Tuesday so I told her we'd see her then.

I guess we'll just wait and see what happens. Either way, this is my last weekend as a mommy with just one baby.
It's both of ours last weekend! I never thought of it like that. I'm already out of Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays that I won't be a mommy!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #1416
harleyquinn

Looks like you got some really cute stuff!

This will be my first time at ON ever where I even look at the baby department!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #1417
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Her first purchase was an umbrella stroller that I don't think Lily can use for at least 6 months! I was like, why do you need a stroller?? If you have the baby, you will have our stroller! I'm not going to carry it around with me by myself!
Is this your MIL and SIL's first baby to buy for?
My mom told my dad they needed to buy a carseat. I said "Just buy a base if you want." Mom said "But we'll need a carseat when we have him with us!" I said "Mom, if you've got Lucas he'll have arrived via carseat so he'll still have a carseat for you to use." Mom: "Oh. I guess thats right."

...last night I get a phone call from my dad asking which carseat I want them to buy.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #1418
boltfans
Mouseketeer

For those of you feeling badly about your weight gains, I gained 55 lbs with my daughter!! And she was born at just under 38 weeks, so I could have gained even more had she gone the other 2 weeks. In my defense, a lot of that was water as I was sooooo swollen. But a lot of it was just food I didn't need to be eating. With my son I gained about 35 lbs, but he was born at 36 weeks, so I had the potential for at least 40 lbs. I finally made it a point to lose all that weight before trying for #3 so I'm actually very happy with the starting point I'm at now and hopefully will not exceed a 30 lb gain with this one, but we'll see what happens.

And those of you with little space in your homes, I empathize completely. We live in a tiny house (though we plan to move next summer) and my mom is great at bringing us tons of stuff for the kids that we just can't fit in here. And my kids are 5 and 2 so it doesn't end!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #1419
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Looks like you got some really cute stuff!

This will be my first time at ON ever where I even look at the baby department!
Uh oh. That could be dangerous!

We went to ON the day of the ultrasound and I got a ton of stuff in their clearance. The US was 1-10 so they had Christmas stuff and I bought a little Santa hat that DH hates me for still. I keep finding it hidden in different places in the nursery.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #1420
harleyquinn

Quote:
My mom told my dad they needed to buy a carseat. I said "Just buy a base if you want." Mom said "But we'll need a carseat when we have him with us!" I said "Mom, if you've got Lucas he'll have arrived via carseat so he'll still have a carseat for you to use." Mom: "Oh. I guess thats right."

...last night I get a phone call from my dad asking which carseat I want them to buy.
I think I need to mention getting a base again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltfans View Post
For those of you feeling badly about your weight gains, I gained 55 lbs with my daughter!! And she was born at just under 38 weeks, so I could have gained even more had she gone the other 2 weeks. In my defense, a lot of that was water as I was sooooo swollen. But a lot of it was just food I didn't need to be eating. With my son I gained about 35 lbs, but he was born at 36 weeks, so I had the potential for at least 40 lbs. I finally made it a point to lose all that weight before trying for #3 so I'm actually very happy with the starting point I'm at now and hopefully will not exceed a 30 lb gain with this one, but we'll see what happens.

And those of you with little space in your homes, I empathize completely. We live in a tiny house (though we plan to move next summer) and my mom is great at bringing us tons of stuff for the kids that we just can't fit in here. And my kids are 5 and 2 so it doesn't end!
My assistant said she gained 50 with one of her boys.

Congrats on the weight loss! It's going to be a big challenge for me as I really want to get down to a more healthy weight before we go for #2...ack I can't even think about that right now!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #1421
boltfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I would suggest they buy a convertible seat. Once your son is older and you drop him off at your parents house, or they pick him up, it will be a pain to switch the carseats every time. So if they're willing, I would suggest that. They can still use it when he's a baby, but will also have it when he's a toddler when the infant seat isn't in use anymore.

We did buy a carseat for my mom's house as she lives in NJ (we're in DC) and we'd take the train there a lot. It wasn't bad bringing the infant seat, but the toddler seats are heavy and sort of annoying to install repeatedly.

We also got a stroller for her house, as that was just easier too. That is in part since we live out of state and didn't always want to take a stroller on the train, or if we drove we usually had other stuff to carry in the car. But it was easier, as sometimes our stroller was already in our house and we'd forget to load it into the car then be stuck once we got there. So we ended up getting a cheap one to just leave there and didn't have to worry about it.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #1422
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltfans View Post
I would suggest they buy a convertible seat. Once your son is older and you drop him off at your parents house, or they pick him up, it will be a pain to switch the carseats every time. So if they're willing, I would suggest that. They can still use it when he's a baby, but will also have it when he's a toddler when the infant seat isn't in use anymore.

We did buy a carseat for my mom's house as she lives in NJ (we're in DC) and we'd take the train there a lot. It wasn't bad bringing the infant seat, but the toddler seats are heavy and sort of annoying to install repeatedly.

We also got a stroller for her house, as that was just easier too. That is in part since we live out of state and didn't always want to take a stroller on the train, or if we drove we usually had other stuff to carry in the car. But it was easier, as sometimes our stroller was already in our house and we'd forget to load it into the car then be stuck once we got there. So we ended up getting a cheap one to just leave there and didn't have to worry about it.
That makes total sense. My mom lives less than 5 minutes away. And I wouldn't have minded her finding a good stroller cheap, but the one she got will be sitting around for a long time! lol
Old 05-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #1423
boltfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That makes total sense. My mom lives less than 5 minutes away. And I wouldn't have minded her finding a good stroller cheap, but the one she got will be sitting around for a long time! lol
Yeah, umbrellas aren't really that newborn friendly. Ours was a lightweight Graco that was on sale as it was last year's print (she was born in February, so we got a lot of deals that way). It reclined fully which was a big perk. Of course, she didn't sit in any stroller till about 6 months anyway, but that's a whole 'nother story!
Old 05-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #1424
apress
Mouseketeer

Hi ladies
I hope you don't mind if I join you. I have been lurking for some time and decided I should join in. My name is Autumn and this is my third pregnancy. I have two girls already that are 6 and 3. I am completely overhelmed right now because this was so not planned and a complete shock. I am due in January and had my first appointment yesterday which landed me in the hospital for a couple of hours because of dehyrdation. I think this is going to be one long pregnancy.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #1425
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

I'm just going to let my mom and dad buy whatever they want to buy. This is their first grandchild (and might be their only one on this continent!) so whatever they decide to do is OK with me. I keep telling them to decide together, the only thing I'm offering to do is share information on what base is compatible with our carseat and why I chose what I chose.

I'm not going to find them a carseat to buy, I think it's weird. I clearly chose the one I bought for us for specific reasons, why would I do separate research for them and suggest a different carseat??
My dad kept saying "But the price of the base for your seat is $59.99 and I can just get an entire carseat for $99.99" and I was like "Well, yeah, you can- but you're spending $40 more for something you don't need and that seat only goes to 22 lbs vs. the seat we've got going to 30.. so you're spending more now and it won't last as long as just buying the base will." I can't understand why he wants to buy a whole new seat! So I've removed myself from the situation with a link to what I bought (a SafeSeat) and a link to buy the base. He can make his own decisions from this point on!

Welcome, Autumn! I hope you feel better soon! I'm on my way out of this thread but it's great to have a newcomer!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: