Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #1396
ADAMANDLISA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Hi Lisa!!
Hi Sarah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I know!!!!!!

If I started a "Newest" Moms Thread.. would you follow me over there? I'm not technically the mom yet but I'd really like to keep this group of ladies going and I'm willing to start us a new thread. Hoping Staley will join and of course everyone over here who pops in the meantime!! Yes!!! I always meant to start one, but I have ZERO time for anything!

How is Luca??? Absolutely wonderful! Getting so social and trying to roll over. I will post a pic soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitty13 View Post
Thanks Patsy. i will be heading into the OR around 3:00pm. I'm getting nervous and excited. It doesn't seem like it's time to have her yet. I will post as soon as I can.
Good luck!!!

Staley---your twins are gorgeous! They look good and healthy, like my Luca!

10/12 POR-FQ 5/12 Bonnet Creek 9/11 OKW 1/11 ASSp 9/10 AKV 6/10 OKW 2/10 VWL 5/09 OKW/BWV 9/08 AKV 5/08 SSR 9/07 ASSp 11/06 ASMo Various offsite and DL
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #1397
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Lisa! Come over to the thread for those that have had their babies!! I figure I'll be an honorary member here for the next 5 days!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2188977

Belly picture! I am so bored. I am so grateful I didn't need bed rest or anything like that, I'd of pestered the DIS to death!!
Ugh. Sorry it's crappy editing. I'll fix it. I wiped out my laptop a few weeks ago and the program I used to edit photos is GONE. Anyones guess as to which box the software is in to reinstall. I'm going to be freaking out when it comes time to edit pictures of my boy and I can't find the software!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #1398
ADAMANDLISA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lisa! Come over to the thread for those that have had their babies!! I figure I'll be an honorary member here for the next 5 days!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2188977

Belly picture! I am so bored. I am so grateful I didn't need bed rest or anything like that, I'd of pestered the DIS to death!!
Ugh. Sorry it's crappy editing. I'll fix it. I wiped out my laptop a few weeks ago and the program I used to edit photos is GONE. Anyones guess as to which box the software is in to reinstall. I'm going to be freaking out when it comes time to edit pictures of my boy and I can't find the software!!!!

Your belly is so cute!!

10/12 POR-FQ 5/12 Bonnet Creek 9/11 OKW 1/11 ASSp 9/10 AKV 6/10 OKW 2/10 VWL 5/09 OKW/BWV 9/08 AKV 5/08 SSR 9/07 ASSp 11/06 ASMo Various offsite and DL
Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #1399
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Hi girls. Just checking in today. Looks like it has been a busy board today, I've got 4 pages to read...

Piecey- since you just posted you belly bump, I guess you are still "with child". I need to go back and read those 4 pages.

I had a horrible night last night. I was up every hour and just could not get comfy. Of course we were out of Tylenol. Good thing my husband was out of town, I would have kept him up too.

Hope everyone is havin a great day, off to read.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #1400
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! $150 for a $550 set...it looks absolutely brand new!!

Look at my new glider!!

And my latest belly pic:
Old 05-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #1401
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Oh and that's the new baby room color---looks WAY more purple IRL...this was the old color:
Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #1402
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! $150 for a $550 set...it looks absolutely brand new!!

Look at my new glider!!
OMG! STEAL!

I'm so glad it was in great condition!!

I love the wall color, too!! Are you going to post pictures when you get the rest of the room together?? I'm such a picture junkie.

...I'm on severe house arrest now. I told DH I was feeling better so we went out to eat (mmm, Buffalo Wild Wings) and I couldn't even get back in the car [his truck, let's be somewhat fair to me here ] without gasping in pain so I don't think DH is going to let me out of the house now.
He's got a flex schedule [gotta love being a government employee] so he's already trying to re-arrange his Monday so he can take me to my last appointment... It's so cute when they worry.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #1403
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Oh your twins are so darn cute Staley!!!

Good luck Caitty. We will all be thinking of you, report back when able.

I had my 36 week check up today. Everything was great and nothing major to report. They did my Strep B culture. My BP was good, and I gained 5 lbs which makes my total weight gain 7lbs. Dr. said the 5lbs is most likely water weight. I am not stressing about weight, it is what it is and I am sure more is to come. Emma's heartbeat was 148, my cervic has not started to do anything yet...but that is good at this point. I got a gift from them today, it had some enfamil and a nice changing pad in it...I just love freebies!!

Ann
7lbs?? That's it. What am I doing wrong??? I have gained (I can't believe I am saying this) 22lbs!!!!! I got the biggest lecture from my doctor last week... boo! It really does seem to be all belly though, I am still wearing all my regular shirts and pj's, bras etc. I dunno, maybe some people just gain more.

We went to babies r us today and loaded up since I had some good coupons. We bought 2 180 packs of pampers swaddlers, 2 big bottles of tide free, 3 bottles of baby soap and 1 lotion (they were 2 for $10 and we had a $1 off making them almost buy one get one), 2 packs of 350 something wipes and saved $40 bucks!

We also have the swing, bouncy seat, and bassinet. They are from the Fischer price Zen collection and they are so beautiful.... they don't match the nursery at all but that's ok, lol. The bassinet matches our room and we figured the swing and bouncy would be in the living room anyways.

His room is coming along. I can't believe he'll be here in about 11 weeks!! (he's estimated to be early)

Staley~ The twins are getting so big! What cuties!

Piecy~ I can't believe Lucas will be here so soon, the time just flies.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #1404
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
7lbs?? That's it. What am I doing wrong??? I have gained (I can't believe I am saying this) 22lbs!!!!! I got the biggest lecture from my doctor last week... boo! It really does seem to be all belly though, I am still wearing all my regular shirts and pj's, bras etc. I dunno, maybe some people just gain more.
Everyone is diff. so don't worry about it. I certainly have not been watching my weight and ice cream has been my friend. From the pictures I have seen of you, I am alot bigger than you to begin with. The same thing happened when I had DS, but at the end I gained what I didn't in the beginning of the pregnancy. When I delivered DS I had gained a total of 15 lbs and ended up down a couple of pounds once I delivered. Take whatever weight you gain and wear it with pride...it is all worth it in the long run and you can deal with that afterwards.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #1405
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post

We also have the swing, bouncy seat, and bassinet. They are from the Fischer price Zen collection and they are so beautiful.... they don't match the nursery at all but that's ok, lol. The bassinet matches our room and we figured the swing and bouncy would be in the living room anyways.

His room is coming along. I can't believe he'll be here in about 11 weeks!! (he's estimated to be early)

Staley~ The twins are getting so big! What cuties!

Piecy~ I can't believe Lucas will be here so soon, the time just flies.
I can't believe you got lectured about your weight! Especially if everything still fits! 22lbs doesn't seem that crazy, you're past halfway!

People kept telling me "You'll gain a ton of weight the last few weeks" ... that is utter CRAP. I lost a lb. this last week, how do you figure that? I wouldn't go too much off of what everyone is saying- as long as you don't get GD and you're comfortable and still mobile, you're doing what is right for you and your baby! Everyone is so different, how can they have a 'healthy' number of lbs. that works with everyone?? Like we don't have enough to worry about without Dr.'s shoving weight numbers down our throats!
I'll have to ask on Monday how much I've gained (I'm sure it'll make you feel better!) I was a little depressed when I plopped over 200lbs a few months ago but then I grabbed an ice cream cone and told myself I had a little boy to grow!

Those coupons make it hard to resist, you can get some great stuff there with them! We don't have a BRU, but the TRU is the only place I could find the Tide Free stuff for HE so I could start washing Lucas' stuff! Isn't it exciting to go shopping and get practical things-- like wipes and detergent? DH thought I was crazy because I loved every minute of that shopping, too!

I had another trip to Krogers to use my Huggies Wipes raincheck... I got 5 boxes (2108 wipes total) for $13 and DH doesn't get it. He told me we have enough wipes now to have another kid. DH is cracked in the head.

I can't wait for pictures of his room!! Like I said to Sarah, total picture junkie here!!

Lucas will be here soon. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Piecey; 05-29-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #1406
harleyquinn

Definitely don't worry about the weight. I know it totally bothers me too, but that I'm not being really bad. I've gained 18 pounds total, but I was fluffy to begin with. And I had a couple big gains (6 and 10!)and now it seems to have slowed (hopefully)...my 10 pound gain was right about where you are now, so maybe its that time in the pregnancy.

I will definitely post the final room pics when it's done...just one more dresser to be put together and a lot of cleaning/moving. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all the baby stuff!! The swing, bouncer, bassinet...

Someone that my mom works with gave us a bassinet, but it's HUGE...I can't imagine we can use it in our little house. And my mom's all mad at me for not being overjoyed that someone gave me a hand-me-down of something I didn't even register for in the first place...I knew we didn't have the space for it...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #1407
harleyquinn

Quote:
I was a little depressed when I plopped over 200lbs a few months ago but then I grabbed an ice cream cone and told myself I had a little boy to grow!
I'm only 4 pounds away from that and it's going to crush me when I hit it. It's one of the reasons I was sooo happy with a 2 pound gain this month. So I feel ya!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #1408
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Someone that my mom works with gave us a bassinet, but it's HUGE...I can't imagine we can use it in our little house. And my mom's all mad at me for not being overjoyed that someone gave me a hand-me-down of something I didn't even register for in the first place...I knew we didn't have the space for it...
Uhm. I totally understand your space concerns. Right now, all I can see is boxes. And boxes. And boxes! There is no room for ANYTHING! DH was trying to figure out where to stash the swing last night so we could bring in our recliner. It now lives in the kitchen.
I've stuck to my guns and refused to let them junk up my nursery.. so except for the touch up painting, curtain for the closet and crown molding.. my nursery is the only room that looks okay.

I can understand being frustrated, too, that it wasn't something you registered for. Why get mad at you for something you are now going to have to struggle to find space for? Like all of us don't have enough going on as it is!
I've noticed I'm getting lots more hormonal than I was at first..

Yeah, that 200 mark hurt a bit but when she told me he's a) a big baby and b) I lost a lb this last week when everyone told me I'd be gaining like crazy, I'm okay with it. I know between placenta and baby I'll be back under 200 in no time!
Old 05-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #1409
harleyquinn

Quote:
Uhm. I totally understand your space concerns. Right now, all I can see is boxes. And boxes. And boxes! There is no room for ANYTHING! DH was trying to figure out where to stash the swing last night so we could bring in our recliner. It now lives in the kitchen.
I've stuck to my guns and refused to let them junk up my nursery.. so except for the touch up painting, curtain for the closet and crown molding.. my nursery is the only room that looks okay.

I can understand being frustrated, too, that it wasn't something you registered for. Why get mad at you for something you are now going to have to struggle to find space for? Like all of us don't have enough going on as it is!
I've noticed I'm getting lots more hormonal than I was at first..

Yeah, that 200 mark hurt a bit but when she told me he's a) a big baby and b) I lost a lb this last week when everyone told me I'd be gaining like crazy, I'm okay with it. I know between placenta and baby I'll be back under 200 in no time!
Everything's in the nursery--except the bassinet which is in the basement. I still have two showers to go! And I'm going to drive myself crazy figuring out how to organize everything. It's going to be a fun weekend!

I know the bassinet is no big deal and I appreciate an almost complete stranger thinking of me, but everyone else that has given us anything has asked if we needed it first. Honestly, I would have probably said yes to the bassinet, because I was thinking of the small co-sleeper ones, not this huge thing that's like the size of the crib! lol I can always donate it!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #1410
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Everything's in the nursery--except the bassinet which is in the basement. I still have two showers to go! And I'm going to drive myself crazy figuring out how to organize everything. It's going to be a fun weekend!

I know the bassinet is no big deal and I appreciate an almost complete stranger thinking of me, but everyone else that has given us anything has asked if we needed it first. Honestly, I would have probably said yes to the bassinet, because I was thinking of the small co-sleeper ones, not this huge thing that's like the size of the crib! lol I can always donate it!
Sounds like the basement might be a good place for it..

I have moved and re-done my nursery a ton, TON of times. I figure when he actually gets here I'll be re-organizing things all over again to figure out what works best again.

I'm sure someone out there would definitely be grateful for it. Are there any woman's shelters or anything like that around you? My Aunt was a director for the local domestic abuse shelter and she loved stuff like that- she said it was heartbreaking how many ladies came in with newborns because their husbands didn't want the baby, were jealous of the baby or whatever. They were always desperate for things like that!

I'm off to the store before DH gets home from work... I've got a few last minute things I want (socks, for some reason.. I feel like I need more socks for Lucas!) and I heard Old Navy is doing 50% off clearance and since it's next door to Borders and DH promised me a new book for the hospital.. I figure it can't hurt to swing by there while I'm out..
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: