Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #1381
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I know!!!!!!

If I started a "Newest" Moms Thread.. would you follow me over there? I'm not technically the mom yet but I'd really like to keep this group of ladies going and I'm willing to start us a new thread. Hoping Staley will join and of course everyone over here who pops in the meantime!!

How is Luca???

When I called the on-call OB Tuesday night she didn't say "I can give you something for pain" .. she said "I WILL give you something for pain" .. so I think you're on to something about the sound of your voice telling them something!!

I'm 50% effaced now! Still no more dialation but she said I am softening a LOT and considering I didn't have much progress at all between my trips to L&D and my last appointment with her, she said I might not need to go in the night of the 2nd to get the cervidel cream stuff.

IF I have another gallbladder attack and she is the on-call, she is most likely going to take me then. She said if I have another one and she isn't, we'll talk about doing it earlier anyway. I see her again Monday to check my cervix and make final preparations!!

...how long has it been since we've heard from Danny'sMom?
Yay!

Start a new thread! I'll come over when Lily's here...

I just found the $400 upholstered glider from BRU for only $100 on Craigslist!! Hopefully it's in good shape--we're going to look at it tonight! It's the last thing I need for the nursery!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #1382
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Yay!

Start a new thread! I'll come over when Lily's here...

I just found the $400 upholstered glider from BRU for only $100 on Craigslist!! Hopefully it's in good shape--we're going to look at it tonight! It's the last thing I need for the nursery!
Wohoo! Thats a bargain and a half! Let us know how it looks/condition or whatever. I would be so excited if I were you, you're almost done!

I think I will start it. It's not like I've got anything else to do. So frustrating. I'm sitting here staring at boxes but the way Lucas is laying, I can't move comfortably so here I sit. With a ton of stuff to do.

(Doggie is sound asleep but his tale just started going crazy and thumping the couch .. just thought I'd share )

Oh, and I can't remember if anyone is headed to WDW soon BUT I just found a discount code for Disney Visa Cardholders for Photopass (I haven't ordered yet so I don't know if you've actually got to use the card to pay or if anyone could use the code) but it makes it 15% off... even to preorder.
Now I'm trying to decide if I want to get just the CD or the CD and the photobook. I've posted on a few boards but no one has responded saying they've gotten the book and liked it or not yet...

Full House is on and they're in DISNEY WORLD!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #1383
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Wohoo! Thats a bargain and a half! Let us know how it looks/condition or whatever. I would be so excited if I were you, you're almost done!

I think I will start it. It's not like I've got anything else to do. So frustrating. I'm sitting here staring at boxes but the way Lucas is laying, I can't move comfortably so here I sit. With a ton of stuff to do.

(Doggie is sound asleep but his tale just started going crazy and thumping the couch .. just thought I'd share )

Oh, and I can't remember if anyone is headed to WDW soon BUT I just found a discount code for Disney Visa Cardholders for Photopass (I haven't ordered yet so I don't know if you've actually got to use the card to pay or if anyone could use the code) but it makes it 15% off... even to preorder.
Now I'm trying to decide if I want to get just the CD or the CD and the photobook. I've posted on a few boards but no one has responded saying they've gotten the book and liked it or not yet...
I know! I've been lusting after this chair since I sat in it at BRU! Hopefully it's in good condition. Some of the reviews for it on the BRU website say that it doesn't hold up very well...but others say the opposite, so I guess we'll see.

I've never gotten the photobook, so I can't help.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #1384
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
I know! I've been lusting after this chair since I sat in it at BRU! Hopefully it's in good condition. Some of the reviews for it on the BRU website say that it doesn't hold up very well...but others say the opposite, so I guess we'll see.

I've never gotten the photobook, so I can't help.
Is there a link on their website to the chair? I'm curious now!!

I'm hoping someone responds to one of my threads about the book.

My dad just got here with the last of our stuff. Yay. More junk to sit and stare at.

Full House is making me want to go back to WDW NOW!!

I think I'm going to attempt walking right now because we need to go to Lowes and get a door. Sadly, DH and and I kept forgetting we took the door off of the nursery and tossed it and never got another one. With kitty, a door is a necessity!!
My dad is willing to take me so I might just say lets go and I'll waddle through Lowes...
Old 05-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #1385
harleyquinn

Quote:
Is there a link on their website to the chair? I'm curious now!!

I'm hoping someone responds to one of my threads about the book.

My dad just got here with the last of our stuff. Yay. More junk to sit and stare at.

Full House is making me want to go back to WDW NOW!!

I think I'm going to attempt walking right now because we need to go to Lowes and get a door. Sadly, DH and and I kept forgetting we took the door off of the nursery and tossed it and never got another one. With kitty, a door is a necessity!!
My dad is willing to take me so I might just say lets go and I'll waddle through Lowes...
Rock a Bye Glider

I Loooove that episode of Full House!!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #1386
harleyquinn

I keep forgetting that I have a question for all of you:

...now I forgot the question!!

Oh! Did any of you get a special gift for your shower hostess(es)?
I really want to get something for them all to show my appreciation. They are all spending so much money for me...maybe I should post a new thread...
Old 05-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #1387
caitty13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just never got it up there.

I can't wait for caitty13... I'm so excited for her, tomorrow is her day!! And then I'm on the top of the list! OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Patsy. i will be heading into the OR around 3:00pm. I'm getting nervous and excited. It doesn't seem like it's time to have her yet. I will post as soon as I can.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #1388
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Rock a Bye Glider

I Loooove that episode of Full House!!
Oh wow, that is REALLY pretty! I love that it's not traditional and it looks squishy.

Dad just helped me give doggie a bath and I rocked him in the glider afterwards. Made me eager for next week when I get to do that with my SON!

My nursery is getting blinds as we speak!

Quote:
I keep forgetting that I have a question for all of you:

...now I forgot the question!!

Oh! Did any of you get a special gift for your shower hostess(es)?
I really want to get something for them all to show my appreciation. They are all spending so much money for me...maybe I should post a new thread...
I did not.. I meant to, and things just got crazy. I was going to do movie tickets and a gift card to a restaurant but I only had one shower and movie ticket don't cost me anything so I'm not sure how cost effective my idea is for someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitty13 View Post
Thanks Patsy. i will be heading into the OR around 3:00pm. I'm getting nervous and excited. It doesn't seem like it's time to have her yet. I will post as soon as I can.
I doubt you're still around but GOOD LUCK! I'll be thinking about you!!! Can't wait to see her!!
I totally know what you mean, though. I can't believe that a week from today I will be a MOMMY!!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #1389
staley7580
Hangs Out With Hyenas
He is cute now!! Before he was just illegal
I like big butts and I cannot lie

Patsy... I check in everyday to see if you have had that baby yet!!! I'M getting anxious already!! You better get to walkin mama!! I popped the twins out by running up and down a big toy with my 4yo. Im still surprised my fat butt didnt get stuck on the thing... Well... once, but smushed through..

okay... I have more pics to share...

Vinny...

Vinny beating up Jazz

Lunch

Vinny getting his jump on..

He likes it!!

Makes him sleepy..

Both babies

Old 05-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #1390
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Oh your twins are so darn cute Staley!!!

Good luck Caitty. We will all be thinking of you, report back when able.

I had my 36 week check up today. Everything was great and nothing major to report. They did my Strep B culture. My BP was good, and I gained 5 lbs which makes my total weight gain 7lbs. Dr. said the 5lbs is most likely water weight. I am not stressing about weight, it is what it is and I am sure more is to come. Emma's heartbeat was 148, my cervic has not started to do anything yet...but that is good at this point. I got a gift from them today, it had some enfamil and a nice changing pad in it...I just love freebies!!

Ann

Old 05-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #1391
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley7580 View Post
Patsy... I check in everyday to see if you have had that baby yet!!! I'M getting anxious already!! You better get to walkin mama!! I popped the twins out by running up and down a big toy with my 4yo. Im still surprised my fat butt didnt get stuck on the thing... Well... once, but smushed through..

My OB still thinks he is too comfy to get too excited. She said he's still high and I'm just now softening up so if I have another attack we'll probably go early.. but c'mon, at this point I've only got 5 days left before she's already planning on inducing me anyway!! Let's just do this!

They told me no walking. My ankles are too swollen. She says it's "pelvic pressure" because of how big he is already... but if that is the worst I've got, I'll take it!

Here! I made the new thread!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post32027113

*ETA* I totally forgot to add!!!...

I LOVE THE PICTURES!!!! They're sooo cute
Old 05-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #1392
staley7580
Hangs Out With Hyenas

Quote:
My OB still thinks he is too comfy to get too excited. She said he's still high and I'm just now softening up so if I have another attack we'll probably go early.. but c'mon, at this point I've only got 5 days left before she's already planning on inducing me anyway!! Let's just do this!

They told me no walking. My ankles are too swollen. She says it's "pelvic pressure" because of how big he is already... but if that is the worst I've got, I'll take it!

Here! I made the new thread!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post32027113

*ETA* I totally forgot to add!!!...

I LOVE THE PICTURES!!!! They're sooo cute
How big does she think he is?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #1393
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
How big does she think he is?
He was 7lbs5ounces (+/- a lb. for ultrasound inaccuracy, of course) on May 6!

The US tech showed me that he just has no room left. So he's cramped and squishing all sorts of organs. She said the massive swelling I've got is from how he's laying and squishing my capillaries...
Old 05-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #1394
staley7580
Hangs Out With Hyenas

Quote:
He was 7lbs5ounces (+/- a lb. for ultrasound inaccuracy, of course) on May 6!

The US tech showed me that he just has no room left. So he's cramped and squishing all sorts of organs. She said the massive swelling I've got is from how he's laying and squishing my capillaries...
Thats a good sized baby!! I had an ultrasound when I was 36 weeks with Mikalah, and they said she was only 7 pounds. I was like... OMG!! What am I going to do with such a tiny baby?? Alex was almost 9lbs... so 7 just seemed so tiny! She was born two weeks later weighing in at a solid 8 lbs though. The twins were TINY... Thank goodness they are all caught up now. You gotta be sturdy to make it in our house!!

Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #1395
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Thats a good sized baby!! I had an ultrasound when I was 36 weeks with Mikalah, and they said she was only 7 pounds. I was like... OMG!! What am I going to do with such a tiny baby?? Alex was almost 9lbs... so 7 just seemed so tiny! She was born two weeks later weighing in at a solid 8 lbs though. The twins were TINY... Thank goodness they are all caught up now. You gotta be sturdy to make it in our house!!
Yeah, thats why last possible day for me will be June 3rd. Due date. She doesn't want him too big. I'd prefer a sturdy baby, too!

AND OHMYGOD. I just read on whattoexpect.com's June board that PINEAPPLE can help induce labor by softening the cervix.

Now, you can believe me or not BUT I had fresh pineapple for dinner last night (I didn't know this last night, I swear I just read it) AND I went from 70% with contractions doing nothing on Tuesday night to 50% and pretty soft this morning.

I'm totally going RIGHT NOW to eat more of that pineapple!!!

Here is the article I found, too: "Pineapple is said to induce labor as well. Pineapple, as well as papaya and mango, contain a proteolytic enzyme called bromelain. When bromelain is consumed with meals, it assists in the digestion of proteins.

When taken on an empty stomach, bromelain acts medicinally as an anti-inflammatory agent. Therefore, naturopathic medicine uses this enzyme to reduce pain and swelling.

The mechanism by which pineapple contributes to inducing labor might be the proteolytic action of bromelain. Bromelain might help to soften the connective tissue of the cervix and, thus, bring on labor.

Because bromelain is destroyed in the production process of canned pineapple, you should consume only fresh pineapple flesh if you are trying to induce labor with pineapple. If your cervix is unripe — and you are not fond of eating plenty of pineapple — you can also use prostaglandin to help soften and ripen the cervix. You can use prostaglandins directly on the cervix or you can take it orally."
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: