Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #1366
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzybrooke View Post
You all may have discussed this already, but what is everyone doing for their nursery themes?
Lily's room will be Disney Fairies. It's all purple and green and we have some accent pieces with the fairies, but nothing over the top or super commercial. I got stick on decals, but DH still might end up hand painting fairies around the room--peeking around windows and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
Here is a picture of the crib and bedding. We're moving the dresser and changer in tonight so I'll try to post a picture once it's all together. I just have to make his name sign if I can find the letters on sale.

Ooohhh! I like that crib and the bedding is great too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
DH went to a class just for Dads to be yesterday called "Daddy Boot Camp" at the maternity center. He learned so much!!! Anyhow, He came home wanting us to consider cloth diapers for the savings in the long-run and since diapers of breastfed babies are supposely not as smelly and they poop less. I'm not convinced yet, though I see the benefits, disposibles seem so convenient. What is your opinion??
I would look into cloth diaper services...but don't count those bfing chickens before they hatch. You never know what might come up with that, so don't let that factor in.

For me, there's no way I could handle keeping them clean, so we'd have to go diaper service, which are usually more expensive than disposable.
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #1367
boltfans
Mouseketeer
 
boltfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: too far from the mouse
Posts: 201

Hi everyone! I am (cautiously) joining you ladies here as I am newly pregnant with #3! We have a 5yo daughter and a 2yo son. I say cautiously as it's still super early (I am not even 4 weeks yet!), and even though I've never had problems in the past, I know I can't rule them out, but I'm hoping to stick around. I don't want to tell anyone IRL yet, so I figured this was a safer bet.

And I'm so happy to see this thread is going strong-I was on here from the day I found out I was pregnant with my son and he's almost 3yo now! (Ignore the screen name, I made a new one while we were TTC cause I didn't want my IRL friends who read this board to know and since we're not telling people yet, I didn't want to post with my old name on here yet either.) It's so great to be able to comiserate with others going through the same stuff.

I haven't read this whole thread (and doubtfully can as it's over 90 pages!), but I did read this page about preterm labor. My son was born preterm (I was 36 weeks, 2 days) and I had absolutely no symptoms till my water spontaneously broke at 2:30am. No loss of mucus plug, no contractions other than the BH, nothing. I know it was scary for me, so I hope that you don't end up in preterm labor, mmkk.

My son was ultimately fine, but he did have some liver issues. The main problem was that he was very large for his gestational age (21 inches, 8 lbs. 4oz), but his liver was functioning at a 36 week level. So he had BAD jaundice, to the point that we were nearly rehospitalized (after an extended stay at birth as well), and he had to go through heel pricks and then venipunctures till he was 2 months old. His low-functioning liver also threw off his newborn metabolic screen so they thought he had a metabolic disorder, tyrosinemia, but it turned out everything cleared up as his liver function improved.

Anyway...I already have a question, even though it's my 3rd. With my first 2 kids, I had severe morning sickness, but it didn't start till I was 5.5 weeks pregnant, in both cases. This time around though, the reason I tested as early as I did (which was 10 DPO on Monday, and the test was faintly positive, and has since gotten darker) was that I've been feeling nauseous already. Did anyone else get sick this early? With my first I remember that I was tired, hungry, and kept waking up to pee before I took a pregnancy test, but I also took the test when I was 3 days late with her, so the symptoms started around 3 days before AF was due. With my son I literally had no symptoms, nothing. Until the 5.5 week mark when I magically got sick, just like the 1st time. I'm just wondering if this is normal, or if it's a cause for concern in some way.

ETA: I forgot to add, my due date should be early February, somewhere between the 5th and 10th. I've gotten a few different dates from different websites so who knows.

Last edited by boltfans; 05-27-2009 at 07:17 PM.
boltfans is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #1368
boltfans
Mouseketeer
 
boltfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: too far from the mouse
Posts: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
DH went to a class just for Dads to be yesterday called "Daddy Boot Camp" at the maternity center. He learned so much!!! Anyhow, He came home wanting us to consider cloth diapers for the savings in the long-run and since diapers of breastfed babies are supposely not as smelly and they poop less. I'm not convinced yet, though I see the benefits, disposibles seem so convenient. What is your opinion??
I breastfed both of my kids and while the diapers aren't smelly, my daughter pooped everytime she nursed. My son was less frequent, but still severa times a day.

My suggestion would be to buy a few cloth diapers, try them out, and see what you think. I personally had little desire to clean diapers so we used disposables. But I do think that with this 3rd baby I might pick some up and give it a shot. I would most likely use only disposables out of the house, but when we're home the cloth might not be bad.
boltfans is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #1369
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,749

Welcome boltfans!!!
cseca ... Welcome Violet! 8 lbs, 19.5 inches. Born on May 10.
december ... Welcome Katie! 7lbs, 19 inches. Born on May 14!
caitty13 ... due May 28 ... It's a girl!
Piecey ... due June 3 ... It's a boy!
SDFgirl ... due June 3 ... It's a girl!
ShootingStarMom2 ... due June 12 ... It's a boy!
Mommy2Abby ... due June 13 ... It's a surprise!
rparmfamily ... due June 20 ... It's a girl!
Disney Ron ... due June 23 ... It's a girl!
MinnieFan4ever ... due June 27 ... It's a girl!
Ride Junkie... due June 28 ... It's a girl!
Disney Khi ... due June 28 ... It's a surprise!
robnkris ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
mmkk ... due July 2 ... It's a boy!
NEM ... due July 4 ... It's a boy!
Gator Mickey ... due July 8 ... It's a girl!
DisneyDiva2006 ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
vetrik ... due July 9 ... It's a surprise!
goodeats ... due July 10 ... It's a girl!
luckyfin ... due July 17 ... It's a surprise!
harleyquinn ... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
jaleaton... due July 28 ... It's a girl!
MelessaG ... due July 31 ... It's a girl!
HomeSweetDisney ... due August 2 ... It's a boy!
Quennifer2008 ... due August 2 ... It's a surprise!
Fintastic ... due August 19 ... It's a boy!
DannysMom ... due September 5 ... It's a boy!! AND It's a girl!!
kami2199 ... due September 7 ... It's a surprise!
Skylarr ... due September 7 ... It's a boy!
Maggimus ... due September 14 ... It's a boy!
MyZoeJane ... due September 16 ... It's a surprise!
helloirishkitty ... due September 23 ... It's a surprise!
TinkerbellRN ... due September 23 ... It's a boy!
IHeartTink ... October 1 ... It's a surprise!
connorlevismom ... due October 2 ... It's a surprise!
Linzybrooke ... October 9 ... It's a surprise!
Adi12982 ... October 16 ... It's a girl!
KristEn87 ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
CandleontheWater ... due November 19... It's a surprise!
sbell111 ... due November 26... It's a surprise!
ecteacher23 ... due December 3... It's a surprise!
taraprather ... due December 15... It's a surprise!
boltfans ... due February 5ish... It's a surprise!
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #1370
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltfans View Post
Anyway...I already have a question, even though it's my 3rd. With my first 2 kids, I had severe morning sickness, but it didn't start till I was 5.5 weeks pregnant, in both cases. This time around though, the reason I tested as early as I did (which was 10 DPO on Monday, and the test was faintly positive, and has since gotten darker) was that I've been feeling nauseous already. Did anyone else get sick this early? With my first I remember that I was tired, hungry, and kept waking up to pee before I took a pregnancy test, but I also took the test when I was 3 days late with her, so the symptoms started around 3 days before AF was due. With my son I literally had no symptoms, nothing. Until the 5.5 week mark when I magically got sick, just like the 1st time. I'm just wondering if this is normal, or if it's a cause for concern in some way.
Welcome back!!

My first sign that I was preggers was heartburn and nausea right around 4 weeks. I never read anything that said it was a sign of anything bad, just unusual. (I'm a librarian, so I've read a LOT!--You'll see me talk about reading a lot since it's the only experience I have right now! )
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #1371
boltfans
Mouseketeer
 
boltfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: too far from the mouse
Posts: 201

Thanks! I also have had heartburn already and didn't get that till probably 7 months with my other 2. I was just sort of freaking out that I had some sort of ectopic pregnancy or some other problem. You'd think that I would relax a bit having gone through this twice, and knowing all pregnancies are different, but of course not!
boltfans is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #1372
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl
 
Piecey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
I have packed my bag since I have had so many worrisome signs that I might go early but we haven't put the carseat base in yet. And you definitely DO NOT need to feel like a bum (although I do understand!)-you need to think of that gallbladder and that little one you have inside of you. Your father I am sure does not mind one bit if it means he will get to see his grandson soon!
Okay, still no bag packed but I got the car cleaned out and the carseat installed. The only thing I need in my bag is clothes for me, I think. I need to wash some first, though.
I don't see my OB taking me earlier than the 3rd, I don't know why. Watch me be wrong. We'll see. I go see her at 9:30 tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzybrooke View Post
Piecey, take care! You sound like you are dealing with a whole lot of yucky! You will be in my prayers!

You all may have discussed this already, but what is everyone doing for their nursery themes?
Thank you! I've had a wonderful pregnancy up until now so it only seems fair that I am truly miserable now

I don't have a "theme" really. I'll have to post pictures when it's finished, it turned out better than I thought it would since it's such a hodge-podge of stuff. After I get blinds up and the curtain rod for the closet, I'll post pictures. It'll still be lacking crown molding but NO IDEA when that will come, there are much more important things to do first. Even though we own it. Just never got it up there.

Welcome Boltfans!!
I can't help with your question, I didn't have any MS. I tested when AF was late.


I can't wait for caitty13... I'm so excited for her, tomorrow is her day!! And then I'm on the top of the list! OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*ETA* I think I'm totally gallbladder free tonight- I can feel that he is lower (I have tons of back pain when I walk, so I know he is laying differently) and both of the other attacks that landed me in L&D had started by now. I think I made it through the night!!
Piecey is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #1373
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran
 
ShootingStarMom2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 853

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltfans View Post
Hi everyone!
Anyway...I already have a question, even though it's my 3rd. With my first 2 kids, I had severe morning sickness, but it didn't start till I was 5.5 weeks pregnant, in both cases.
Hi, welcome! I didn't have any MS with my first but this time around it was terrible. It was about 4 weeks and I was sick every morning and after eating anything that tasted good. I hope you feel better soon. I guess since you've been there and done that it might just be revealing early.

Piecey - Glad you got the carseat in and you are feeling better tonight. Good luck tomorrow.

Linzybrooke - I hope the baby will be in a showing mood tomorrow.

Adi - I don't know much about cloth diapers. I have a hard time figuring out how they don't leak through onto the clothes. Do they have to wear plastic pants the whole time? I couldn't handle having to wash them either. It's terrible to say, but I'd rather just wrap it up and toss it.

Harley - thanks! I love the bedding. It just looks so nice with the crib color and the shade of blue we picked. I swear we spent an hour arguing over 2 shade of blue that someone would think were the same!

Here's a post of me... I'm 37 weeks and 5 days.

__________________
Me DH DS DS DS

Last edited by ShootingStarMom2; 05-27-2009 at 09:02 PM.
ShootingStarMom2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #1374
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl
 
Piecey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,407

Thanks! You have a cute belly!!


My friend gets off work at 3 tomorrow and if it doesn't rain we're running to the park to take maternity pictures. I think it'll be fun.
Piecey is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #1375
ADAMANDLISA
DIS Veteran
 
ADAMANDLISA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,426

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltfans View Post
Anyway...I already have a question, even though it's my 3rd. With my first 2 kids, I had severe morning sickness, but it didn't start till I was 5.5 weeks pregnant, in both cases. This time around though, the reason I tested as early as I did (which was 10 DPO on Monday, and the test was faintly positive, and has since gotten darker) was that I've been feeling nauseous already. Did anyone else get sick this early? With my first I remember that I was tired, hungry, and kept waking up to pee before I took a pregnancy test, but I also took the test when I was 3 days late with her, so the symptoms started around 3 days before AF was due. With my son I literally had no symptoms, nothing. Until the 5.5 week mark when I magically got sick, just like the 1st time. I'm just wondering if this is normal, or if it's a cause for concern in some way.

.
Congrats on #3! With all three boys, I started getting nauseous about 3 days after conception. I knew every single time and was able to test very early. You may notice the MS get worse when you hit the 5 or 6 week mark. Definitely no cause for concern, though!


PATSY--I can't believe you are at the top! I can't wait to see pictures of Lucas!!!
__________________
Me37 DH 352 DS7 DS6DS4 DD





10/12 POR-FQ 5/12 Bonnet Creek 9/11 OKW 1/11 ASSp 9/10 AKV 6/10 OKW 2/10 VWL 5/09 OKW/BWV 9/08 AKV 5/08 SSR 9/07 ASSp 11/06 ASMo Various offsite and DL
ADAMANDLISA is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 AM   #1376
ADAMANDLISA
DIS Veteran
 
ADAMANDLISA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
DH went to a class just for Dads to be yesterday called "Daddy Boot Camp" at the maternity center. He learned so much!!! Anyhow, He came home wanting us to consider cloth diapers for the savings in the long-run and since diapers of breastfed babies are supposely not as smelly and they poop less. I'm not convinced yet, though I see the benefits, disposibles seem so convenient. What is your opinion??
I was bound and determined to use cloth diapers this time, but read somewhere that in the beginning it's easier to use disposables for newborns. They need their diapers changed constantly (and don't I know it!)!!! With 3 little ones, I'm just not going to have time to make the switch, but if I only had one, I would definitely try it! There are so many great resources online! I know you can order sample packs to try it out and give you an idea of whether or not you will like it without making a large investment. I would wait until the baby is a couple of months old and you are in a good routine to start though.
__________________
Me37 DH 352 DS7 DS6DS4 DD





10/12 POR-FQ 5/12 Bonnet Creek 9/11 OKW 1/11 ASSp 9/10 AKV 6/10 OKW 2/10 VWL 5/09 OKW/BWV 9/08 AKV 5/08 SSR 9/07 ASSp 11/06 ASMo Various offsite and DL
ADAMANDLISA is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:36 AM   #1377
mmkk
DIS Veteran
 
mmkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 1,271

I had written a long message last night and tried to post it but the stupid server went down and got rid of all that good talk I had!

Anyways, Sarah, I just wanted you to know that I felt a lot like you about the MP. I thought it signaled that labor would start soon but I am finding out differently. I have still been having BHs contractions and actually had four in an hour yesterday. When I talked to the nurse she told me thats okay as long as I don't have more than 6 in an hour. Which is different than what they told me earlier-they said no more than four. So who knows what to believe?

boltsfan-thanks for sharing the info on your son. I tend to forget how early he would be if I had him now and what that might mean to his health. But I am glad your little man turned out fine.
And welcome aboard!

Cute belly bump Shootingstarmom2! You are much braver than I! but you also have a much cuter belly than me! I feel so huge!!!
__________________

mmkk is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #1378
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAMANDLISA View Post
Congrats on #3! With all three boys, I started getting nauseous about 3 days after conception. I knew every single time and was able to test very early. You may notice the MS get worse when you hit the 5 or 6 week mark. Definitely no cause for concern, though!

PATSY--I can't believe you are at the top! I can't wait to see pictures of Lucas!!!
Hi Lisa!!

My MS was the same way--it got much worse around 6 weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
I had written a long message last night and tried to post it but the stupid server went down and got rid of all that good talk I had!

Anyways, Sarah, I just wanted you to know that I felt a lot like you about the MP. I thought it signaled that labor would start soon but I am finding out differently. I have still been having BHs contractions and actually had four in an hour yesterday. When I talked to the nurse she told me thats okay as long as I don't have more than 6 in an hour. Which is different than what they told me earlier-they said no more than four. So who knows what to believe?

boltsfan-thanks for sharing the info on your son. I tend to forget how early he would be if I had him now and what that might mean to his health. But I am glad your little man turned out fine.
And welcome aboard!

Cute belly bump Shootingstarmom2! You are much braver than I! but you also have a much cuter belly than me! I feel so huge!!!
Maybe they thought from the sound of your voice that it wasn't the real thing? My labor DVD says something to that effect...or maybe they are busy and didn't want you in yet! lol

All this nausea talk and I feel gross this morning! Wonder if I ate something 'off'? Nah, it's probably cuz I have been taking my vitamins everyday...I sweat they hate me. Why does something so important and necessary make me want to vomit? Doesn't seem logical...
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #1379
Maggimus
DIS Veteran
 
Maggimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Posts: 5,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
Hi, welcome! I didn't have any MS with my first but this time around it was terrible. It was about 4 weeks and I was sick every morning and after eating anything that tasted good. I hope you feel better soon. I guess since you've been there and done that it might just be revealing early.

Piecey - Glad you got the carseat in and you are feeling better tonight. Good luck tomorrow.

Linzybrooke - I hope the baby will be in a showing mood tomorrow.

Adi - I don't know much about cloth diapers. I have a hard time figuring out how they don't leak through onto the clothes. Do they have to wear plastic pants the whole time? I couldn't handle having to wash them either. It's terrible to say, but I'd rather just wrap it up and toss it.

Harley - thanks! I love the bedding. It just looks so nice with the crib color and the shade of blue we picked. I swear we spent an hour arguing over 2 shade of blue that someone would think were the same!

Here's a post of me... I'm 37 weeks and 5 days.
Very cute baby bump!
__________________
- Me (Maggie) - DH- DS born Sept 09 - Jethro - Ellie May
Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Nov 14, 2006
Maggimus is offline  
Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #1380
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl
 
Piecey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAMANDLISA View Post
PATSY--I can't believe you are at the top! I can't wait to see pictures of Lucas!!!
I know!!!!!!

If I started a "Newest" Moms Thread.. would you follow me over there? I'm not technically the mom yet but I'd really like to keep this group of ladies going and I'm willing to start us a new thread. Hoping Staley will join and of course everyone over here who pops in the meantime!!

How is Luca???

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Maybe they thought from the sound of your voice that it wasn't the real thing? My labor DVD says something to that effect...or maybe they are busy and didn't want you in yet! lol
When I called the on-call OB Tuesday night she didn't say "I can give you something for pain" .. she said "I WILL give you something for pain" .. so I think you're on to something about the sound of your voice telling them something!!

*********************

I'm 50% effaced now! Still no more dialation but she said I am softening a LOT and considering I didn't have much progress at all between my trips to L&D and my last appointment with her, she said I might not need to go in the night of the 2nd to get the cervidel cream stuff.

IF I have another gallbladder attack and she is the on-call, she is most likely going to take me then. She said if I have another one and she isn't, we'll talk about doing it earlier anyway. I see her again Monday to check my cervix and make final preparations!!


...how long has it been since we've heard from Danny'sMom?
Piecey is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV safetymom Disney Resorts 3738 06-28-2010 09:50 AM
How many more days until your trip to WDW? (Part 2) ransom Doing the Happy Dance! 3854 08-23-2009 09:03 PM
January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part V Momof2Disneyboys Countdowns and Live Reports 3686 07-08-2009 01:28 PM
Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew teresajoy Disney for Families 3746 06-04-2009 07:36 PM
OT - Am I A Bad Mom? smkiya Disney for Families 29 04-11-2009 02:36 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: