Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #1351
caitty13
DIS Veteran

I had my baby shower invites made at Vistsprint.com. They came out really nice. Dont forget most of those places you can get coupon codes also. Either free shipping or a % off. I haven't checked anything out yet but I will this weekend when I am stuck in the hospital for 4 day's
Old 05-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #1352
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I spent most of yesterday in L&D, left and had lunch with DH, came home and watched TV, took a nap.. woke up and had a gallbladder attack. I can't control them by just taking it easy, it seems.

My dad is coming to get me here in a half hour to drive me to my office so I can turn in my keys. I don't like the idea of having keys to the bank for the next 3 months, even if I'm allowed to since I'm still an employee. Too much risk if something happened at the bank and too great a chance of me losing them.

Other than that, here I sit. Super exciting!

Did anyone check out VistaPrint? Did you guys find anything you like? I'm loving their prices!
I was just looking at shutterfly...I forgot that I got a $20 gift card for them when I registered at Target. I just wish it wasn't all pink!! Looking at VistaPrint now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
I have the reverse situation going to happen. My DH has been to every appointment so far for both my DS and this baby...but he starts a new job next Monday and won't be able to go to my last four.
Oh that sucks! Sorry.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #1353
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Vistaprint looks like a great site for the announcements. I'll have to bookmark that and thanks Caitty for the reminder about checking for a code too.

Patsy-I kinda hope they do induce you sooner because it sounds like you are just going to keep having problems and its probably best for both you and the baby if they induce a little sooner.

Well girls, I think I lost my M Plug last night! But I keep thinking "please don't come before June 6th" which is when my mom gets here. I need to call my doc and let them know that I think I passed it. I haven't had regular contractions or anything, just my same ole BH's! But I had a hard time sleeping last night because it stayed on my mind. On another note, I got the call from my doc yesterday that my followup 1 hour blood fasting test came back normal! YEAH!!! So DH brought me some ice cream last night since I came back negative for GD!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #1354
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
Vistaprint looks like a great site for the announcements. I'll have to bookmark that and thanks Caitty for the reminder about checking for a code too.

Patsy-I kinda hope they do induce you sooner because it sounds like you are just going to keep having problems and its probably best for both you and the baby if they induce a little sooner.

Well girls, I think I lost my M Plug last night! But I keep thinking "please don't come before June 6th" which is when my mom gets here. I need to call my doc and let them know that I think I passed it. I haven't had regular contractions or anything, just my same ole BH's! But I had a hard time sleeping last night because it stayed on my mind. On another note, I got the call from my doc yesterday that my followup 1 hour blood fasting test came back normal! YEAH!!! So DH brought me some ice cream last night since I came back negative for GD!
Only a matter of time now! I hope you can wait, but ususally isn't the mp one of the biggest signs of impending labor? Good luck!!

Here's a bunch of really nice codes for Vista:
http://www.obeythepurebreed.com/vista.html
Old 05-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #1355
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

Wow, time really is starting to fly, I just looked at the list and I'm next to hopefully be able to find out the gender of this little one! Went to the doctors today 15 weeks and baby's heartbeat is strong at 159. I remember thinking in the beginning this was going so slow and now just 4 more weeks till we hopefully find out blue or pink (or in my case purple lol)

Hi to all the mommies hope everyone is doing well.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #1356
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
Wow, time really is starting to fly, I just looked at the list and I'm next to hopefully be able to find out the gender of this little one! Went to the doctors today 15 weeks and baby's heartbeat is strong at 159. I remember thinking in the beginning this was going so slow and now just 4 more weeks till we hopefully find out blue or pink (or in my case purple lol)

Hi to all the mommies hope everyone is doing well.
I am thinking alot of blue was last posted on that list...time for more pink!!!!!
My little princess' heartbeat has been around 158, just and FYI!!!!

Have you picked out names either way yet???

Old 05-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #1357
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I was just looking at shutterfly...I forgot that I got a $20 gift card for them when I registered at Target. I just wish it wasn't all pink!! Looking at VistaPrint now...
Wohoo for a gift card, boohoo for them not being purple-friendly.

Quote:

I think VistaPrint is who I will end up going with. I want to wait until I pick pictures to get my heart set, though. Different designs will go better with different pictures, but I like the idea of being able to put more than one picture on it, too. One of toes, for sure. I'm obsessed with little Lucas' toes and feet and I haven't even seen them yet!

Me, too. I'm making sure my hospital bag is packed tonight and I'm going to empty out the car and go vacuum it out and see if I can get my dad to help DH put in the carseat later. They're trying to get all of our stuff out of the other house (my dad just dropped off a load, I feel like such a bum! ) but I know I'll feel more comfortable going into my appointment tomorrow with the bag packed and the carseat in place. I don't know for sure that anything will happen but it never hurts to have my fingers crossed. Unless that might jinx me...

I hope LO stays in place until you are ready for them to come (or at least until your mom arrives!)... I still have my MP... ugh. so frustrating. If I weren't getting induced I'd be willing to bet Lucas would have stayed in there well over term!

Quote:
I have the reverse situation going to happen. My DH has been to every appointment so far for both my DS and this baby...but he starts a new job next Monday and won't be able to go to my last four.
That stinks! I bet he's disappointed, too.
DH has only gone to 1 appointment with me, though, the one to hear the heartbeat at 10wks...
Old 05-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #1358
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

Quote:
I am thinking alot of blue was last posted on that list...time for more pink!!!!!
My little princess' heartbeat has been around 158, just and FYI!!!!

Have you picked out names either way yet???

I'm actually thinking it's going to be a girl and so does most of my family so we'll just have to see...lol Yes, we actually had the names picked out just a few weeks after we found out actually. My boyfriend is ready to be able to call my bump a name instead of baby just which name were not sure yet. We're thinking if it's a boy Evan and if it's a girl Cora.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #1359
december
DIS Veteran

Katie's heartrate was around 130 the whole time, so don't get too excited about it! That was another reason dh wasn't completely convinced she was a girl until she got here!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #1360
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Only a matter of time now! I hope you can wait, but ususally isn't the mp one of the biggest signs of impending labor? Good luck!!

Here's a bunch of really nice codes for Vista:
http://www.obeythepurebreed.com/vista.html
I thought the mp signals labor to be in the next couple of weeks according to what I have read but the nurse at the doc's office told me that it could be up to 4 weeks. So I really don't know! i do know that I have all the symptoms of preterm labor-don't know what that means for sure either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I think VistaPrint is who I will end up going with. I want to wait until I pick pictures to get my heart set, though. Different designs will go better with different pictures, but I like the idea of being able to put more than one picture on it, too. One of toes, for sure. I'm obsessed with little Lucas' toes and feet and I haven't even seen them yet!

Me, too. I'm making sure my hospital bag is packed tonight and I'm going to empty out the car and go vacuum it out and see if I can get my dad to help DH put in the carseat later. They're trying to get all of our stuff out of the other house (my dad just dropped off a load, I feel like such a bum! ) but I know I'll feel more comfortable going into my appointment tomorrow with the bag packed and the carseat in place. I don't know for sure that anything will happen but it never hurts to have my fingers crossed. Unless that might jinx me...
Vista print does look like a winner but i won't pick it out for sure until the little one comes.
I have packed my bag since I have had so many worrisome signs that I might go early but we haven't put the carseat base in yet. And you definitely DO NOT need to feel like a bum (although I do understand!)-you need to think of that gallbladder and that little one you have inside of you. Your father I am sure does not mind one bit if it means he will get to see his grandson soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
I'm actually thinking it's going to be a girl and so does most of my family so we'll just have to see...lol Yes, we actually had the names picked out just a few weeks after we found out actually. My boyfriend is ready to be able to call my bump a name instead of baby just which name were not sure yet. We're thinking if it's a boy Evan and if it's a girl Cora.
Both very CUTE names!!! We still have three to decide from once we see him come out and see which name he looks like most. I remember (which now seems so long ago!) finding out what we were having. Its such an exciting part of pregnancy. Up to that point there doesn't seem to be alot of things too exciting happen (besides finding out that your preggo of course!) because it seems so slow at that point so finding out the sex was a definite energy booster! I'm very excited for ya!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #1361
harleyquinn

Quote:
I thought the mp signals labor to be in the next couple of weeks according to what I have read but the nurse at the doc's office told me that it could be up to 4 weeks. So I really don't know! i do know that I have all the symptoms of preterm labor-don't know what that means for sure either!
Now that I think about it, you're totally right. It takes more than one of the 3 big signs to indicate that it's labor...1. MP, 2. contractions that are constant and in short intervals and one more I can never remember...looks like I need to rewatch my birthing class DVD!! Oh Water breaking!! that's it, so
1. Real contractions
2. MP
3. Water breakage.

2 of the 3 and you're good to go, but only 1 (especially the plug) doesn't mean much--just that you are closer...
Sorry about that!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #1362
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

Piecey, take care! You sound like you are dealing with a whole lot of yucky! You will be in my prayers!

I have my sonogram appointment in the morning! Can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or a girl! We tried to do some registering over the weekend, and it was tough not knowing what gender we are aiming for. But, put me in the pink=yuck category for baby girls!

You all may have discussed this already, but what is everyone doing for their nursery themes?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #1363
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Well the only thing I've lost is sleep! MP isn't a sure sign of labor. I lost mine about 3 weeks before DS came but the majority/rest of it came out once they broke my water and I moved around more.

I've just started telling my DS2 that it's time to think about coming out. lol Sort of like that part in Spanglish where he tells the son "You don't have to get up yet, but you need to think about it".

Here is a picture of the crib and bedding. We're moving the dresser and changer in tonight so I'll try to post a picture once it's all together. I just have to make his name sign if I can find the letters on sale.

I've ordered return address labels from Vista but never announcements. Thanks for the idea. I like some of them a lot, they are way different than the big box stores. I paid the least amount for shipping which they said would be up to 4 weeks and a week later they arrived. Don't fall for that overnight shipping!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #1364
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Cloth Diapers??

DH went to a class just for Dads to be yesterday called "Daddy Boot Camp" at the maternity center. He learned so much!!! Anyhow, He came home wanting us to consider cloth diapers for the savings in the long-run and since diapers of breastfed babies are supposely not as smelly and they poop less. I'm not convinced yet, though I see the benefits, disposibles seem so convenient. What is your opinion??

Old 05-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #1365
december
DIS Veteran

Hmmm.....well, breastfed babies don't have smelly diapers, but Katie poops just about every time she eats, so just about every diaper!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: