Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #886
caitty13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I got the Fisher Price Space Saver one. It has awesome reviews and will be perfect for using in our house...all the store have it...It looks like a booster seat, but has more options/is safer...
I want this one too. It seems to do everything a full size highchair will do with out taking up the space.

I had a wooden Eddie Bauer and hated it. It looked nice, just not practical.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #887
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

skylarr- let me ask you something do you think theres a certain wdw bride to be thats a troll?? just wondering if you thought she was legit or not. I ask because, well-- you are keeping up with it better than I am.. and when i read it it all seemed fishy to me.. thought this was an out of the way place to ask

I havent even thought about highchairs. Im still torn on the whole stroller...lol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #888
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
I havent even thought about highchairs. Im still torn on the whole stroller...lol
I was so caught up with the stroller that I had to step away and find the other stuff...I'm still not super happy with what we picked...
Old 05-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #889
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
skylarr- let me ask you something do you think theres a certain wdw bride to be thats a troll?? just wondering if you thought she was legit or not. I ask because, well-- you are keeping up with it better than I am.. and when i read it it all seemed fishy to me.. thought this was an out of the way place to ask

I most certainly think something is up, lol. Not certain whether she is a troll or just desperate but either way it keeps me entertained while I am at home doing nothing...I mean while I am at home growing a human - pretty important job in my eyes!

I had a hard time with strollers too. I wanted something neutral because I didn't want to have to buy all the big things again next time around if we have a girl but in the end I went with blue.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #890
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Again not much help to most of you, but I'm seriously considering not doing dueling highchairs & going with one of these:
http://www.justmultiples.com/twin-table.html

I wouldn't need it straight off, not until we started doing solids anyway. And I'm thinking that it would probably have a pretty good resale value when we were done with it.....

My son was a very puke-y kid & the thought of taking apart & cleaning a standard highchair x2 is kind of off-putting. There were times that we had to take off the cloth part & seat belts daily to wash them, it was that bad.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #891
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Again not much help to most of you, but I'm seriously considering not doing dueling highchairs & going with one of these:
http://www.justmultiples.com/twin-table.html

I wouldn't need it straight off, not until we started doing solids anyway. And I'm thinking that it would probably have a pretty good resale value when we were done with it.....

My son was a very puke-y kid & the thought of taking apart & cleaning a standard highchair x2 is kind of off-putting. There were times that we had to take off the cloth part & seat belts daily to wash them, it was that bad.
A local daycare was selling that on Craigslist--but it was for 6 kids! I think that's a great idea and not crazy expensive either!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #892
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

Hi every one, I've been reading all the posts on strollers and I'm trying to figure out which one I like best. I think I'm falling in love with the Jeep one though! I have a question for all of you. When did you start wearing maternity clothing? I have a feeling it's different for everyone, but I was just wondering if there was a usual week or month range. I'm almost 12 weeks and wasn't very small to begin with (12/13 size pants) but my jeans are so uncomfortable! Part of me things it's too early, but the other part is screaming for comfortable pants, especially ones I can teach in. Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #893
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
Hi every one, I've been reading all the posts on strollers and I'm trying to figure out which one I like best. I think I'm falling in love with the Jeep one though! I have a question for all of you. When did you start wearing maternity clothing? I have a feeling it's different for everyone, but I was just wondering if there was a usual week or month range. I'm almost 12 weeks and wasn't very small to begin with (12/13 size pants) but my jeans are so uncomfortable! Part of me things it's too early, but the other part is screaming for comfortable pants, especially ones I can teach in. Any help is appreciated!
I did as soon as I started feeling uncomfortable. It is heaven to move to the maternity pants. I like Penny's selection the best. I was right around 12 weeks when I started wearing them full time.

You can also try the rubber band method (hook it through the pants loop and around the button or get a Bella Band or something similar...I got Belly Bands off ebay, there like half the price of Bella (available at Motherhood) but they work just as well. It's basically a tube top that you put around your waist and unbutton your pants. I was never super comfy in it--LOTS of adjusting. Using the bathroom was a PITA.

I'm still wearing all of the maternity pants I bought back then...I got ones with just the small stretchy band--not the full panel...I got a pair of cords with the full panel, but they are still too big for me.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #894
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
I got the Fisher Price Space Saver one. It has awesome reviews and will be perfect for using in our house...all the store have it...It looks like a booster seat, but has more options/is safer...
The Fisher Price Space Saver was the one I was thinking aboust as well. The reviews have been really good on all the sites I have looked at.

As far as maternity clothes, I started to wear them around 19-20 weeks. The belly band worked good for me. It allowed me to wear some of my normal clothes. I got the one from Target. Some of the maternity pants wall start to fall on me when I walked early on. I would have to hike them up all the time, but boy were they comfy. I don't have that problem now, I'm at 32 weeks.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #895
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFan4ever View Post

As far as maternity clothes, I started to wear them around 19-20 weeks. The belly band worked good for me. It allowed me to wear some of my normal clothes. I got the one from Target. Some of the maternity pants wall start to fall on me when I walked early on. I would have to hike them up all the time, but boy were they comfy. I don't have that problem now, I'm at 32 weeks.
oooo, I forgot about that! I definitely used my Belly Band with the maternity pants in the beginning to keep them up--especially when I had storytime and knew I would need the extra support...I really miss belts! lol
Old 05-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #896
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Thanks for the update and the info...
Sending BabyDust your way!!
Thanks Sarah!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #897
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Cathy has been pretty stressed out over the last few weeks. She's been having occasional panic attacks and general frettage, worried that there could possibly be a problem with the baby. Yesterday, Cathy and I went to her 12-week(ish) OB appointment, which also caused her stress because she hates being put in vulnerable situations.

She feels much better, now. We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time and they did another US. At first, the baby was just hanging out with her (his?) hand up against his cheek. Then, she sprang into action and did the fetal version of the YMCA. It was horribly cute. We've got it on cel-video. If we can figure out how to make it happen, I'll post it.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #898
harleyquinn

I'm gald she's doing better!! Hearing the heartbeat is such a relief.

I had some panic attacks in the beginning and I'm totally not stressed about anything...it can be just another 'symptom' of pregnancy. Luckily mine totally stopped after 10 weeks or so...
Hope you can figure out a way to post!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #899
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Quote:
OMG I have to show this one to DH.

Nice
Old 05-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #900
december
DIS Veteran

I finished my last assignment for my grad class!!!! I turned it in today, so now I'm just waiting for my grade. And I got a call from my new boss today-everything is a go and my name is being presented at the next board meeting for the job. Which means I won't be able to keep it a secret much longer-I'm dreading telling me current boss. The last 2 hrs of the school day we had an assembly in the gym, which has no AC and it was 85 today! So I stayed in my room and started packing up. If anyone asks, I'll just tell them I want my things put away before a sub comes in-which is true!

I'm being honored tonight by my darling students. The senior honors students pick a teacher every year as the Excellence in Academics Teacher, and we get a nice meal at a fancy restaurant. Which is great-but it means I have to dress up and wear real shoes! Other than the shoes, I'll looking forward to it. It is a shared banquet between 3 schools, and the superintendent of the new district will be there along with my current sup. and principal. I just hope he doesn't say anything tonight! I'd rather wait until at least the end of the week for anyone to know I'm leaving.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: