Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #871
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Hey that's cool. Any clue as to how long the code is good for?
Nope, but you might be able to google it...give me a sec...
Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #872
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Okay so the code works on pretty much everything, not just the baby joggers and I'm seeing a lot of good reviews for the site itself...I can't find a date though.

Wait SAVE10 is good for everything except Graco...don't know if you can use both...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #873
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartTink04 View Post
My ticker is in the 5th box!!

So we were thinking about taking a July trip to Disney when I would be about 7 months pregnant.... crazy idea?

Have any of you guys gone to the world that pregnant?
I went when I was 3 months in August..it was hot...

but at 7 months...in July?? OMG...you will be miserable
Maybe you can go early in the mornings, or late in the evenings and stroll casually. May have to leave long days in the dead of the afternoon for the hotel to lounge around...
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #874
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what kind of stroller this is? I asked on the new moms thread too...

I thought at first it might a snap thing (sorry, not good with all of these terms- im still new at this)-- but now i think its a stroller. And it has the big wheel in the front I think, so does that make it a jogger? Anyone recognize the brand?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #875
harleyquinn

Definitely looks like a jogger to me Maggie, but I have no idea what brand...looks like a jogger travel system...

Here's a site with codes for babycatalog:
http://www.allonlinecoupons.com/st/baby-catalog/
Old 05-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #876
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

nevermind- its a baby trend expedition...lol just figured it out!

ive never even heard of those before..
Old 05-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #877
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartTink04 View Post

So we were thinking about taking a July trip to Disney when I would be about 7 months pregnant.... crazy idea?

Have any of you guys gone to the world that pregnant?
We went on our Disneymoon in July and went for our first anniversary, and it was exceptionally hot both years. However, there is a way you could do it to make it better, which we found best. We got to the park of choice at opening and stayed until lunchtime. We'd get a lot in during the cooler morning hours that way and we usually ate lunch at the park. Then head back to your resort. Enjoy the pool and a nap and then head back to the park around 5pm, or after dinner if you have it at a resort. Then enjoy the cooler evening for rides , parades and fireworks. We had a wonderful time this way. Plus, the park hours are way longer during the summer. The only miserable hot times was from 12-5, we learned our lesson and adjusted. Make sure to stay extra hydrated.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #878
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
We went on our Disneymoon in July and went for our first anniversary, and it was exceptionally hot both years. However, there is a way you could do it to make it better, which we found best. We got to the park of choice at opening and stayed until lunchtime. We'd get a lot in during the cooler morning hours that way and we usually ate lunch at the park. Then head back to your resort. Enjoy the pool and a nap and then head back to the park around 5pm, or after dinner if you have it at a resort. Then enjoy the cooler evening for rides , parades and fireworks. We had a wonderful time this way. Plus, the park hours are way longer during the summer. The only miserable hot times was from 12-5, we learned our lesson and adjusted. Make sure to stay extra hydrated.
That's what we do in August.
Last August I kept saying how amazingly cool it was (temp wise) until the one day we slept in and went out around 1pm...I ended up with heat stroke and we barely managed to stay for our dining reservation. We spent a solid hour in one of the a/c'd buildings in EPCOT just cooling off. (And I wasn't even preggers! lol)
Old 05-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #879
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
That's what we've done for the past 4 years travelling w/ my son from almost 3 to almost 6 years old.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #880
IHeartTink04
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the advice! I think we are going to do it and have a relaxing trip. We have been plenty of times so we don't need to rush around like maniacs. I would really just like to go the two of us one last time..
Old 05-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #881
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Well no baby yet... Altho I did get a call from my doctor saying that he wants to see me tomorrow instead of monday (1 day after my due date). I think I've been seeing my mucus plug shedding tho... oh who knows...

Anyways, just chiming in on the stroller discussion.
I posted on the budget board earlier this year asking advice on what type of stroller to get. We ended up following one of the poster's advise.

Snap n go baby trend
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...LAID=107531233

extra car seat base
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3350009

Car seat baby trend vanilla bean
http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com...rchedProduct=t

I had 15% coupons for BRU so I used them for the first 2 items and then a 10% coupon on burlington coat factory/baby depot (from baby talk magazine - free parenting magazine) and I used it for the car seat.

So total we got our car seat set with extra base for $157. We needed a lighter stroller type and for the life of me I did not like the "light" travel systems out there. They are too bulky and heavy when we try to fold them. I have a tiny car so we need to be able to fit it in the car.

We figure the baby will stay in this cheap system for 6 months or so and then we'll graduate to a light maclaren and convertible car seats... which should last the rest of the time... and we could take it to Disney World!!!!

Plus we talked to a really nice baby store owner here and he said really by the time the baby reaches 22lbs most people wouldn't want to carry he/she around in the car seat anyways...
Old 05-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #882
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Good morning girls. Hope everyone is having a great day. I have my doctors app't today then on Monday is my next u/s.

Okay, now that I think we all have the stroller thing worked out, what kind of highchairs did you all get? I am torn between a free standing one, or one that snaps into a chair.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #883
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Well no baby yet... Altho I did get a call from my doctor saying that he wants to see me tomorrow instead of monday (1 day after my due date). I think I've been seeing my mucus plug shedding tho... oh who knows...

Anyways, just chiming in on the stroller discussion.
I posted on the budget board earlier this year asking advice on what type of stroller to get. We ended up following one of the poster's advise.

Snap n go baby trend
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...LAID=107531233

extra car seat base
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3350009

Car seat baby trend vanilla bean
http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com...rchedProduct=t

I had 15% coupons for BRU so I used them for the first 2 items and then a 10% coupon on burlington coat factory/baby depot (from baby talk magazine - free parenting magazine) and I used it for the car seat.

So total we got our car seat set with extra base for $157. We needed a lighter stroller type and for the life of me I did not like the "light" travel systems out there. They are too bulky and heavy when we try to fold them. I have a tiny car so we need to be able to fit it in the car.

We figure the baby will stay in this cheap system for 6 months or so and then we'll graduate to a light maclaren and convertible car seats... which should last the rest of the time... and we could take it to Disney World!!!!

Plus we talked to a really nice baby store owner here and he said really by the time the baby reaches 22lbs most people wouldn't want to carry he/she around in the car seat anyways...
Thanks for the update and the info...
Sending BabyDust your way!!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #884
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFan4ever View Post
Good morning girls. Hope everyone is having a great day. I have my doctors app't today then on Monday is my next u/s.

Okay, now that I think we all have the stroller thing worked out, what kind of highchairs did you all get? I am torn between a free standing one, or one that snaps into a chair.
I got the Fisher Price Space Saver one. It has awesome reviews and will be perfect for using in our house...all the store have it...It looks like a booster seat, but has more options/is safer...
Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #885
harleyquinn

OMG I have to show this one to DH.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: