Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #856
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post

...did anyone else hear that Graco is going to stop making the SnugRide and ONLY start making the SnugRide 32's? A lady at BRU told me that was the case.
It's one of the main reasons I went with the SafeSeat (that and SafeSeat goes to 30lbs while SnugRide's only go to 22)...
SafeSeat's snap into SnugRide32's base, though.
What's a SnugRide 32? (I obviously haven't heard this news! )

Nevermind, I looked it up... the Snugride 32 is the new name for the Safeseat...so they are going to stop making the Safeseat in favor of the SnugRide 32...now I have to see which travel systems have the 32.
The SnugRide goes to 22 pounds, SnugRide32 goes to 32 pounds...very interesting!

Last edited by harleyquinn; 05-04-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #857
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Patsy, does the carseat actually snap in your Jeep stroller?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #858
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Patsy, does the carseat actually snap in your Jeep stroller?
It doesn't "snap" but it fits into place like all the others and then for extra oomph (and to add to the Jeep-ness of it all ) it's got cargo straps to secure it with.. you know, for when you go off road or something..

This shows the red "cargo" strap:

Last edited by Piecey; 05-04-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #859
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
What's a SnugRide 32? (I obviously haven't heard this news! )

Nevermind, I looked it up... the Snugride 32 is the new name for the Safeseat...so they are going to stop making the Safeseat in favor of the SnugRide 32...now I have to see which travel systems have the 32.
The SnugRide goes to 22 pounds, SnugRide32 goes to 32 pounds...very interesting!
Hmm.. okay, so she was half right when she told me that. Either way, it was worth the extra money to me to get the SafeSeat (up to 30lbs) than the SnugRide (22lbs)...
I paid less for the SafeSeat than a SnugRide32. And the Jeep strollers don't work with the SnugRide32's. Which, to me, is weird... because SafeSeats can snap into SnugRide32 bases.

...and to add to the confusion, I REALLY wanted my Jeep stroller and pretty much hated all the Graco strollers. I guess with the SnugRide32 being so 'new'... no one was making strollers that were compatible with the SnugRide32s yet.
And I kinda like that SafeSeats have been around for awhile longer. Less kinks to work out.
You know, as many kinks as a carseat can have??
Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #860
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Baby Jogger City Mini

http://www.babyjogger.com/celebrity_customers.aspx

Here is the link to the Baby Jogger site if anyone is interested in doing more research. It has great videos showing everything it does.
They do sell a carseat adapter for babies under 6 months and it lists which carseats fit. The sunshade on this is amazingly big compared to most and the seat almost fully reclines. My only regret now is that I have a single and can now use the double .

Patsy, I love the look of your Jeep stroller, looks very similar to ours.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #861
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
Hi,
The only store we couldn't use it in for the seat part was Meijer because it was too big and tilted forward too far. Of course it's a risk to put them up their in any brand seat because it makes the cart top heavy but it does fit most of the time. I guess I would suggest trying it out at the store and if it doesn't seem to fit right just put them in the basket to be safe. I would never have thought to try it that way at the store before registering for it. I would have gotten it still because of all the other features

But I do love the seat just the same. Plus it's deeper and snaps in and out of the car with one pull. When I put the seat in the car and hear 3 clicks, I know he's in right. I agree it's great for all heights because it adjusts to straight out or super high for us tall moms. I'm 5'11" too!

Thank you for the info...I do love this stroller/seat too! I loved seeing your son in it - how cute!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #862
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
http://www.babyjogger.com/celebrity_customers.aspx

Here is the link to the Baby Jogger site if anyone is interested in doing more research. It has great videos showing everything it does.
They do sell a carseat adapter for babies under 6 months and it lists which carseats fit. The sunshade on this is amazingly big compared to most and the seat almost fully reclines. My only regret now is that I have a single and can now use the double .

Patsy, I love the look of your Jeep stroller, looks very similar to ours.
I definitely love the one wheel in the front thing. It seemed to make steering much, much easier.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #863
IHeartTink04
DIS Veteran

My ticker is in the 5th box!!

So we were thinking about taking a July trip to Disney when I would be about 7 months pregnant.... crazy idea?

Have any of you guys gone to the world that pregnant?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #864
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartTink04 View Post
My ticker is in the 5th box!!

So we were thinking about taking a July trip to Disney when I would be about 7 months pregnant.... crazy idea?

Have any of you guys gone to the world that pregnant?
We just returned from WDW 3/28-4/4 and I was 7 months pregnant. I survived and I travelled with a 2 1/2 yr old. I will be honest July is going to be real hot and I do not know if I would have done it that time of year.

My last pregnancy we went in August and I was 5 months at that time. HOT, HOT, HOT. You just have to go at a very diff. pace pregnant and stop alot more to use every bathroom you pass.

Ann

Old 05-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #865
ADAMANDLISA
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies!!! Just wondering how everyone is feeling? I'm a little (lot) behind on here, sorry! My 3 are keeping me busier than I thought!

Well, getting ready to leave for Disney in 3 days for Luca's first trip out of the womb! He's 3 months old today---I can't believe how fast time is flying!!

I really hope all is going well with everyone!!!

10/12 POR-FQ 5/12 Bonnet Creek 9/11 OKW 1/11 ASSp 9/10 AKV 6/10 OKW 2/10 VWL 5/09 OKW/BWV 9/08 AKV 5/08 SSR 9/07 ASSp 11/06 ASMo Various offsite and DL
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #866
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Lisa, wow three months already...time flies!!! Enjoy that little guy and have a wonderful trip to WDW!!!! Glad you popped in, we miss you around here.

Ann

Old 05-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #867
harleyquinn

Lisa!! I was just thinking of you! We expect to see some Luca at WDW pics when you get back--and a report!!

And thanks for all of the stroller info ladies! I could be wrong about the Snugride Patsy--it's just what I came up with from doing a little searching on Google...either way I think the SS was a great way to go! I had discounted it, because I couldn't imagine carrying a 30 pound kid in it, but moms that have it say it really nice to just use it as a carseat once they get too big to carry...
Old 05-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #868
harleyquinn

Saw this on mamabargains:

Quote:
10% off Baby Jogger at babycatalog.com The code is BABY10. I'm not vouching for the store, I've never ordered from them before. Looks like they offer free shipping on orders over $99. The styles seem to be 2009s.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #869
harleyquinn

Here's the advice so far from the New moms thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImarriedGrumpy View Post
The best advice on strollers that I wish I'd taken was to try out as many as you can before you buy. And not just pushing it around the store (which does help, even if you feel weird doing it), but borrow someone's (and maybe their kid, too ) and take it for a test drive wherever you usually walk. Practice folding it up and putting it in your car, then getting it out again. And then figure out which features are most important to you and go with the stroller that has those things you need most.

Since we were borrowing a friend's Graco infant carseat, we wanted to get a stroller that worked with that carseat. I'm a foot shorter than DH, so we also wanted a stroller with adjustable height handles that would be comfortable for both of us. And since we live in an urban area and I spend a lot of time walking around on the sidewalks (sometimes as much as 5 miles of walking in a day), and I do a lot of shopping that way, I wanted something with a big basket and would work with a rain shield. In the end, we went with the Graco Metrolite, and I really like it. We also bought an inexpensive umbrella stroller at a garage sale for taking on the bus, and an all-terrain stroller for hiking trails.

I think if I could do it over, I would do more testing of strollers before getting ours. I really like ours, and most strollers have handles too high for uber short me or baskets too small, but there are other strollers that I think handle better than ours. Of course, I'm also something of a stroller addict, and if unleased with unlimited funds, I'd probably have a dozen or so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkreitzel View Post
strollers...we started w/ a system and it was way to big and bulky...heavy...and took up way to much room in the trunk!

we bought the maclaren version of the snap and go and really like it.

Then we were tackling DisneyWorld for 10 days w/ our three kids and not sure which stroller to take for the 2 month old. our zooper or the snap-n-go...love out zooper b/c the baby can recline or be upright but we needed the carseat for dining...

My SIL told me to use their zooper...it has a bar you can attach to use w/ any infant carseat. it is an AWESOME stroller. it has all the wonderful features of a nice single stroller AND i can dump the car seat in if I need to use it that way. plus it comes w/ a uv protectant sun screen you snap on.

we borrowed it and i swear, she has the perfect stoller! i am not sure of the make/model but check the zooper website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
Christina - glad to hear your DH is doing better and has some meds, and it's good that some family was able to come by and help out! My DH has had high blood pressure since he was 24, but luckily no other problems associated with it so far. His oldest brother had complete kidney failure at age 30 due to untreated hbp, so we are lucky DH's was caught early and controlled with meds.

Meredith - that sounds like a good plan with the naps

Stacy - wow, another young heart attack! It's good that your DH is doing better with his meds.

Maggimus - I would give almost the exact same stroller advice as Kelly, some combination of an infant seat and stroller frame for the first 6-12 months (however long the kid fits in the infant seat), followed by a better stroller for when the baby is a little older. The stroller frames are so cheap and convenient that it was worth it to me. The biggest advantage of this combo is that when the baby falls asleep in the carrier (as they often will), you don't have to take them out of the seat to bring them in and out of the house, stores, etc. And we all know that a sleeping baby is a happy baby.

We originally bought the Graco Snugride infant carseat: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3330193 and the Snap n Go stroller (same as Kelly posted). The Snap n Go stroller is super-light, easy to fold, and has a really big basket. I was very happy with this combo. The Chicco keyfit is a bit smaller than the snugride, but I had no problem fitting the Snugride in my Honda Civic. It's also quite a bit cheaper. Not that that should always be the deciding factor, but it is often a big concern.

For a light weight stroller, we first bought the Combi Cosmo Ex, similar to this one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3375006, but I didn't like it for long. For one thing, the basket is almost useless. It is hard to access because there is a bar in the way, and if you can manage to get something in it, it either drags on the ground or against the back wheels. Also, I am only 5'2", but my feet were constantly kicking the wheels as I walked, and it got very hard to push the bigger my son got.

So around the time he turned one, we went for the Peg Perego Aria OH, similar to this one, http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3417039. I was deciding between this one and the Pliko P3, but found an unbelievable deal on the prior year Aria that I could not pass up, so that was how the decision was made. So far we love it, especially the "freedom of movement" straps and the huge basket. It doesn't fold up quite as small as the Pliko, but other than that, I can't think of a single complaint.

My SIL has a son the same age as mine, and they got an Evenflo travel system, similar to this: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3069587 and she absolutely hated it. I don't think there was anything she liked about it except maybe the large basket. The infant carrier was heavy and hard to use, the stroller was even heavier, did not fold up small or easily, and it was not easy to push. As soon as her son could sit up on his own, she got a cheapo umbrella stroller (under $20) instead.

There are quite a few moms on this thread that are stroller obsessed and have bought a lot more strollers (you all know who you are! ) and can probably offer a lot more opinions.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #870
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Saw this on mamabargains:
Hey that's cool. Any clue as to how long the code is good for?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: