Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #826
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Patsy, thanks I just used the code!

Maggie, okay I will tell you ...you are terrible! I think my thigh is bigger than your waist. Be prepared it only gets bigger from this point forward, weight gain or not your body is going to change.

Ok so Smartfood is my latest craving. I could sit here and eat the whole darn bag. How about you girls...what are you craving these days?
Pasta

Its scary too-- carbs are scary. I have to watch what i eat when i'm not pregnant-- and now that i know I'm having to gain weight-- craving pasta isn't something I'm happy with. Its not really a craving- just sounds appetizing. I must say though-- I do CRAVE a lot of fruit-- watermelon especially!!

I really hope that everywhere else on my body stays the same and my stomach just grows.... i guess i can dream
Old 05-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #827
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

We never got an update from Scornelius, did we??? She was due 4/12.
I am sending positive thoughts to her, and hope she checks in.

We should definitely have some new babies soon on this thread...Tiggerstac, Mr & Mrs Smith and Cseca are all due!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #828
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

I havent seen her post anything. I hope things are going well for her.

Okay Dh and I need to register soon. I have to ask everyone's opinions on...

Strollers. I have heard that strollers/car seat combo's have the heavier stroller... but most of the time the better value.

What does everyone think about strollers-- whats best, whats terrible, etc, etc!?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #829
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Has anyone ever pre-ordered the PhotoPass CD?

I'm trying to decide. It's $100 (eek!) but I'm thinking with his age... what better time to have LOTS of pictures taken by the Photopass photographers? I've never really bothered with them before.. but now... I've got a family!!!

(5 months old.. thats still an entirely formula diet, right?)
Go to the budget board and join a Photopass share. I've done it 4 times and I've never had an issue. Depending on how many people join the share, it could cost you as little as $10! Totally worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
I havent seen her post anything. I hope things are going well for her.

Okay Dh and I need to register soon. I have to ask everyone's opinions on...

Strollers. I have heard that strollers/car seat combo's have the heavier stroller... but most of the time the better value.

What does everyone think about strollers-- whats best, whats terrible, etc, etc!?
OMG I've researched strollers to death. I have said since my TRU days 10+ years ago that I would never buy a travel system, but that's what we ended up with on the registry. I ended up really wanting the infant carrier and while everyone says buying a seperate stroller/car seat is better, I just couldn't justify the price difference for something we won't be using for more than a couple of years...Travel system strollers are big and bulky, but they have to be to support the carrier. It's one of the most popular topics on www.mamabargains.com but for a bargain site, all the women on there seem to have a MUCH higher budget than I do.

We went with Graco, but I like the Chicco ones a lot too. I would stay away from Evenflo, they have durability issues...I researched it all to death and found the best carrier/stroller combo I could, with the best ratings from all sorts of sites--people on Walmart tend to be a lot more positive than people on BRU!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #830
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Go to the budget board and join a Photopass share. I've done it 4 times and I've never had an issue. Depending on how many people join the share, it could cost you as little as $10! Totally worth it!
Those are no longer allowed on the dis

Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #831
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

This is the one I picked...obviously it took me a bit of struggling to chose something this stupid pink...but it was the best reviewed, lowest priced thing that BRU has:
Graco Stroller
Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #832
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
Those are no longer allowed on the dis
OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How'd I miss that. I always thought it was just waiting to be stopped, but darn!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #833
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OMG I've researched strollers to death. I have said since my TRU days 10+ years ago that I would never buy a travel system, but that's what we ended up with on the registry. I ended up really wanting the infant carrier and while everyone says buying a seperate stroller/car seat is better, I just couldn't justify the price difference for something we won't be using for more than a couple of years...Travel system strollers are big and bulky, but they have to be to support the carrier. It's one of the most popular topics on www.mamabargains.com but for a bargain site, all the women on there seem to have a MUCH higher budget than I do.

We went with Graco, but I like the Chicco ones a lot too. I would stay away from Evenflo, they have durability issues...I researched it all to death and found the best carrier/stroller combo I could, with the best ratings from all sorts of sites--people on Walmart tend to be a lot more positive than people on BRU!

I think photopass shares are a thing of the past (They banned them and stroller swaps- unless the strollers were being provided for free. No money can exchange hands over on the budget board now).

Well here is what I did on the stroller. Dh and I could save 25% at that moment only-- so we went ahead and got the Chicco travel system stroller
This one-- just different colors (its like a brown/taupe and orange i think).
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3156652

Anyway, the lady at the front said we could always bring it back and exchange it for a different one- we had 90days. Well in 3 months surely ill know what i want to do, ya know?

What strollers are people really into? Ill have to check out the mamabargains website. Some of those strollers didn't look like they could support a younger baby (up to 7 months-ish). I don't know... any of your expertise would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #834
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How'd I miss that. I always thought it was just waiting to be stopped, but darn!
No swaps that exchange money (strollers, fridges, photopass) are allowed. Free swaps are still allowed, so some people are doing free photopass shares. . . but I am sure those will be rare. Many people decided to start yahoo groups and go to the TGM forum.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #835
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Here's what DH and I have picked: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3224013

We like it for a boy or girl - so it would work either way and for future kiddos. Graco snugride is top safety rated. I played with it at babies r us and it handles amazingly.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #836
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
Here's what DH and I have picked: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3224013

We like it for a boy or girl - so it would work either way and for future kiddos. Graco snugride is top safety rated. I played with it at babies r us and it handles amazingly.
I love that pattern.

I don't like the Tour model though--I thought it was too heavy, which is usually the reason people say they don't like travel system strollers after a bit of use...but I think it's only slightly heavier than the one I picked.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #837
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Strollers...

This is the one we got when DS was born, by graco. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...PC%3A281591626 I ended up disliking it due to the size and weight. It takes up almost all of my Camry trunk. Still have it and it is packed away, if I need it.

The best investment we made and the stroller I would recommend to everyone is the City Mini Baby Jogger . It is so much easier to push, compact and amazing quality. DH agrees it is far superior to the other strollers we tried.http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3372701 So easy to fold and works well in WDW, best travel stroller ever!!!!

We also had this one, Chicco Capri. Other than being compact, I really dislike it. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2265744

Old 05-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #838
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Hi All! Hope all is well. I have not checked in for a while...Thomas is already 8 weeks old and almost 14lbs!!!

I had to comment...Maggie, that is the stroller and car seat we have and I love it. The only thing is the car seat does not fit in a shopping cart so grocery shopping with the baby is hard. Thank God for shop from home delivery and pick up service!!! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or Ann always knows how to get me...

Here are a couple new pic of Thomas from Easter:

Old 05-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #839
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love that pattern.

I don't like the Tour model though--I thought it was too heavy, which is usually the reason people say they don't like travel system strollers after a bit of use...but I think it's only slightly heavier than the one I picked.
I guess it is heavy - but my brother is in a wheelchair - so as long as it is lighter than that I am game I didn't see too much difference. . . Plus DH and I wanted something a bit more neutral, though I guess some could say it is boyish - but if we have a girl she'll be dressed like one, lol. . . and we wanted a set that would work with future babies - because we will be registering for all the things in the deco pattern - stroller, playpen, high chair, etc. We also won't have too much of a trunk space issue - DH drives and x-terra, and the trunk space is huge. . . though I am sure it would take up most of my trunk space in the sentra We are hoping to upgrade my car. . . we'll see when that happens.

Last edited by Adi12982; 05-04-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #840
harleyquinn

We should ask the ladies on the new moms thread about this!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: