Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #811
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
I have a question for ya'll. What do you think of the name Sonny for a little boy?
I know a few girls named Sonny (or Sonnie) but I never really thought of it for a boy. I guess I've only heard it as a nickname for a boy. If it's something special to you then that's all that matters.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #812
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Sorry for another post-- but i also found this discussion:
http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/2009/04/q-what.html

Pretty interesting.

So all of the polka dots are blue and green? Its a good thing im havin' a boy!
HUGE polkadots. You can see them right through the package. Thanks for the other thread, I will keep you posted on what happens with the email.

Ok, that's all from me.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #813
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
I just googled and these people seem to think that the new diapers are better? More comparable to Huggies/Pampers... different shape and everything? I hope so for the price
http://boards.msn.com/Healthboards/t...readid=1082489
Well, for a boy, they aren't good at all! I haven't tried the new ones for my girl yet.

Quote:
Sorry for another post-- but i also found this discussion:
http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/2009/04/q-what.html

Pretty interesting.

So all of the polka dots are blue and green? Its a good thing im havin' a boy!
Yeah...big polkadots. The design isn't bad (but no girly option) but I'm just not happy with the absorbancy like I was with the green packaging..
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #814
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

names names names

So while DH is away I think I need to think about names for these kids, we have some leading contenders for first names, but for some reason I'm not coming up with a ton of ideas for middle names, so anyone wanna play name game with me?

Leading boys name contenders are Dylan & Jackson. I think we're leaning towards Jackson, perhaps he'll grow up to be Jack..... so any good middle name ideas, for either name?

Girls names leaders are Michaela (pronounced Mi-kay-la) nickname Kailee or Kaylee; Katherine or Kathleen, nickname Katie. DH prefers Michaela/Kaylee & I'm leaning towards Kathleen/Katie. Again, middle name ideas?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #815
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
Hey, Patsy (and anyone else liking Pooh), I know you got these wall appliques, just wanted to show you mine too The wall is actually Piglet Pink, but doesn't show well in the picture. And, the saying I got from Kohls that says "Love is like a butterfly. It goes where it pleases, and it pleases wherever it goes"
Awww, that's adorable! I had to order mine online from Target but I love those too. Especially the little quote

Ok, now I am starting to get nervous. It seems like everyone here has already stocked up on diapers and I haven't gotten any at all yet. I put some on my registry and I planned on going about a month before the baby gets here to buy some. But should I already be buying them? I thought it was too early for diapers. But now I'm seeing everyone else buying them already, especially you Maggie and you're not as far along as I am! That makes me wanna go out to the store right now and buy some diapers
Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #816
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post

Leading boys name contenders are Dylan & Jackson. I think we're leaning towards Jackson, perhaps he'll grow up to be Jack..... so any good middle name ideas, for either name?

I like all those names! Actually, Dylan is a name I considered before I settled on Jacob. But I had the same problem you did...I couldn't decide on a middle name I liked! I went between Michael and James for a while but in the end I wasn't really satisfied with either one. I hope you have better luck than I did!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #817
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So while DH is away I think I need to think about names for these kids, we have some leading contenders for first names, but for some reason I'm not coming up with a ton of ideas for middle names, so anyone wanna play name game with me?

Girls names leaders are Michaela (pronounced Mi-kay-la) nickname Kailee or Kaylee; Katherine or Kathleen, nickname Katie. DH prefers Michaela/Kaylee & I'm leaning towards Kathleen/Katie. Again, middle name ideas?
I love you choices... I think Jackson (Jack) is so darn cute!
And your girl names are great too...such cute nicknames for a girl (Katie or Kaylee)

Middles names are hard...would every use a two initial nickname? Like JJ or JT, if so what about Jackson Thomas or Jackson James...I like Jackson Maxwell too ...just a little uncommon.

For the girls what about using the two you like ...Michaela Katherine.

Have fun making a list of possibilities for your DH to approve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
Ok, now I am starting to get nervous. It seems like everyone here has already stocked up on diapers and I haven't gotten any at all yet. I put some on my registry and I planned on going about a month before the baby gets here to buy some. But should I already be buying them? I thought it was too early for diapers. But now I'm seeing everyone else buying them already, especially you Maggie and you're not as far along as I am! That makes me wanna go out to the store right now and buy some diapers
I just bought my first pack this weekend and I am 33 weeks. When are you having a shower? Do you know? If you can I would wait to see what you get for gifts. Do not get to many small sizes.

------

Ok, do you think pregnancy could make me have allergies when I have never had them in my life? I figure it is possible since my body is doing alot of things it normally doesn't. I have had alot of sinus issues lately. just a thought.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #818
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww, that's adorable! I had to order mine online from Target but I love those too. Especially the little quote

LOL about the diapers. My only reasoning for buying the diapers now was because of the wonderful sale they had when clearancing the old packaging. I was a 5lb baby, Dh was a 7lb baby, and im not getting very big- so i imagine this is going to be a small baby as well. I did stock up on those that were on sale (with the exception of Luvs- i bought those for a shower- but a few days later found the target diapers clearanced. At that point i gave the girl at the shower a pack of the target diapers and kept the luvs. They were in size 2 and i didnt have any in that size. Figured it couldnt hurt).
I know ill get a lot of diapers at showers, and who knows, may even end up going to cloth- but regardless-- diapers can/will be used! LOL. I have a TON of baby showers that I go to as well-- so cheap-- even if not for myself, is always a good thing! I probably wont buy anymore unless i see a fabulous deal or get some really good coupons in the mail. No worries, you have plenty of time (i hope!).

Now my wipe collection IS a little extensive. I have 10 packs of the 164ct Huggies Sensitive Wipes...lol. I got those for nearly NOTHING with the $5 off huggies coupons a while back. I had to stop myself. But hey- wipes are good for everything!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #819
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post

Ok, do you think pregnancy could make me have allergies when I have never had them in my life? I figure it is possible since my body is doing alot of things it normally doesn't. I have had alot of sinus issues lately. just a thought.
Oh yeah, pregnancy hormones can make all the musousy tissue have issue, not just "down there", but nasal passages/sinues as well. So if you are having abnormal allergy issues, you can probably chalk it up to pregnancy.

I don't have any diapers, heck I have almost nothing. I think I've been sort of spooked to "jinx" things -- so haven't done a lot of prepping ahead of time. I also have experience having had one baby before I was prepared at all, so it doesn't seem that odd or intimidating to me.

Next big project is getting DS's room cleared out & painted (had the painter in to do an estimate this weekend.) He wants it done in a Cars theme, so that's cool. We want it red on bottom, blue on top w/ a small checkered border between the 2. I think I want to get DS a new dresser & use his old one for the babies.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #820
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Maggie, where did you get the $5 off huggies coupons!!!! I have never seen any for that much. I am so darn jealous.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #821
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maggie, where did you get the $5 off huggies coupons!!!! I have never seen any for that much. I am so darn jealous.
That was a about a month to a month and a half ago. I practically LIVED at Target & Walmart during that time. They were $5 off Huggies Sensitive products... so i stocked up on wipes (Now thinking back i should have thought about diapers). I had DH and work printing those from every computer he could get his hands on. If I see other good baby coupons from here on out, ofcourse, ill post
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #822
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:

I think most of us on here would LOVE to play the name game!

I both your boys names. I think since you're leaning towards Jackson I'd start with the girls names paired with Jackson.. which is easier to yell out the door? "Jackson, Kaylee, get in here!" or "Jackson, Kathleen, get in here!" etc...
I personally love Kaylee (and she'll have less troubles with people spelling/pronouncing her name wrong, too). I see Katherine and think of Kat but thats because of what another poster on here said.. the only Katherine I know was a "Kat"...
To me a middle name has to flow well with your last name too. Ours, for example, is short and abrupt, one syllable. So I didn't want our kiddo to have three short, abrupt names. Sounded like you were barking it out.
I realize my post really offers no help but I do hearing names...

Quote:
DH and I started buying little stuff EVERY trip to the store. I've got a crapton of wipes, bottle liners, diapers, etc.
We did a diaper raffle at my shower, too. Mom put a note in the invitation that there would be a drawing for a "Gift Basket" and to get your name in, bring a package of diapers. I got lots of variety that way (but way more Size 1 than I will ever need, thank goodness WalMart will exchange!) but I liked it and everyone thought it was a great idea, too. Easy way to stock up!

Quote:
I was a 5lb baby, Dh was a 7lb baby, and im not getting very big- so i imagine this is going to be a small baby as well.

Now my wipe collection IS a little extensive. I have 10 packs of the 164ct Huggies Sensitive Wipes...lol. I got those for nearly NOTHING with the $5 off huggies coupons a while back. I had to stop myself. But hey- wipes are good for everything!
Okay, small baby... now I'm jealous!
Lucas will be pushing 9lbs for sure!

....and thats nothing, I've got over 3,600 wipes stocked up.
I used the $2 coupons from TRU to buy the big boxes of their unscented refills, everytime I get the coupons. Then people bought me a ton at the shower. And I've also bought them since the beginning of the pregnancy, with DH. And I've bought some when I got coupons.

Quote:
Next big project is getting DS's room cleared out & painted (had the painter in to do an estimate this weekend.) He wants it done in a Cars theme, so that's cool. We want it red on bottom, blue on top w/ a small checkered border between the 2. I think I want to get DS a new dresser & use his old one for the babies.
That sounds REALLY cute! You'll have to post a picture when it's all done!

Quote:
If you sign up for the Huggies Rewards thing, they mail you a sample of that new organic cotton diaper and some coupons!

It's www.enjoytheriderewards.com
This code was in last Sunday's paper:
WPBXZ-RDDNS-PPPGB

I signed up for it less than a week ago and got my sample/coupons a few days later. Quicky, quick!

Coupon whise, I got:
2 $3 off any package of Huggie's Diapers
1 $.75 off any package of Huggie's Baby Wipes 64 ct. or larger
1 $1.25 off any Huggies Bath and Body Product (which I've heard you can use on wipes, too!)

..edited to fix a spelling mistake and to say.. HOLY CRAP 29 DAYS?!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #823
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Piecey- WOW- LoTS of wipes!!

And thanks for the huggies code from the sunday paper-- i didnt know about that but was happy.. and will be very happy to have $3 off diapers coupons!

Okay i think im finally progressing-- and now im starting to hate it. I feel like my thighs are getting bigger I guess im superficial-- but I cant wait for the day that my body isnt pregnant anymore and I can actually do crunches and try and get back to small again. I know-- tell me im terrible.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #824
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

I see progression!

It's so hard for us first-timers, I guess. Everyone says we don't pop as soon and all we want to do is SHOW! I stared at pictures comparing them soo many times.
Now there is not a doubt I have a belly.. it keeps me from bending over, getting out of bed, etc... you'll be here soon, too!!!!

Welcome for the code, I can't believe I forgot to post it on here!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #825
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Patsy, thanks I just used the code!

Maggie, okay I will tell you ...you are terrible! I think my thigh is bigger than your waist. Be prepared it only gets bigger from this point forward, weight gain or not your body is going to change.

Ok so Smartfood is my latest craving. I could sit here and eat the whole darn bag. How about you girls...what are you craving these days?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: