Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #796
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFan4ever View Post
Go with what you like. If you love it, that's all that matters. It is neat that both the Grandpa's have gone by Sonny.
MMKK, I agree

Old 05-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #797
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

mmkk, ill be the oddball and say that i really like Sonny.

Honestly, I don't like to talk names with people because I dont want to hear "every "so&so" ive ever known was mean"... or "that sounds like a "blank" name".

I think its cute. I'm sick of hearing overly used names... Sonny isn't all too common anymore and reminds me of something older, something probably originating in the south-- something kind of "war" times like. I don't know-- I love it though! I love Levi.... very southern and battlefield'ish ... but Dh doesn't like it. LOL.

Go with whatever makes you and DH happy.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #798
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
I preordered it for the 2007 trip. We took tons of pictures-the Christmas stuff was out and the character interaction was great! If you don't get enough pics, you can get a refund.

Solids are generally introduced between 4 and 6 mos, so he wouldn't be eating much. Maybe some cereal mixed in with formula. A box of cereal won't take up much room in your luggage!

To wash out things on our last trip, I took some of those cheap, disposable cleaning cloths, cut them into smaller squares, poured some dishwashing soap on them, and let them dry, then packed them in a ziploc bag. Then we could wash what little bit of stuff we had in the sink.
Hmm.. good to know, thanks.

Thanks for the tip on the cleaning cloths. At one point I had "Dawn" disposable dishclothes but I haven't seen them in stores in forever. Irritating when something neat disappears.

I joined a fridge swap (why not?) on the budget board so we'll have a fridge. Which is good. I'm in obsessive planning mode- everything that I've done in the past will be so much different with him in tow.

I think I'll pre-order that disc. DH is actually all for it, woohoo. I just wish I could use my Disney Dream (the Chase VISA rewards) to pay for it. Oh well.

Now to decide on the dining plan..

Appreciate all the advice and hints and such.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #799
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

I think Sonny is cute, but, honestly, I like it for a girl....
BUT, I've learned, don't listen to anyone else. Do what you like. When the baby gets here, and they are called by that name, everyone gets used to it, then no one can imagine them being named anything else
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #800
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the opinions (for and somewhat against). I guess I just wanted to get some opinions so I could think it thru. Maggie- I actually haven't ran it by DH yet. He's been in Colorado at a Christian Men's retreat all weekend and i haven't had any contact with him until just a little while ago. He's headed home and will be back around midnight. I will put it past him this week to see his reaction. Who knows, he may completely veto it!

Old 05-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #801
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Okay gang I feel like I am starting to make a little headway getting ready.
We have DS's new room almost completely cleaned out, which is huge! Yesterday DH worked on it, while I sat on the floor supervising. Today, I actually picked up a large pack of size 1 Pampers Swaddlers and a bag of wipes.

MMKK, I totally agree with go with a name you and DH love. I have gotten real mixed reviews in my family with Emma Sophie...but we both have loved it from day one.

I am so tired tonight. I hope you all are feeling well.
Ann

Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #802
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Okay gang I feel like I am starting to make a little headway getting ready.
We have DS's new room almost completely cleaned out, which is huge! Yesterday DH worked on it, while I sat on the floor supervising. Today, I actually picked up a large pack of size 1 Pampers Swaddlers and a bag of wipes.

MMKK, I totally agree with go with a name you and DH love. I have gotten real mixed reviews in my family with Emma Sophie...but we both have loved it from day one.

I am so tired tonight. I hope you all are feeling well.
Ann
Congrats!
(I totally would have been on that floor with you, too! )
Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #803
december
DIS Veteran

Here Sonny is definitely a boy's name. I know several. One of the state's most beloved politicians (and the author of the GI bill that sent so many soldiers to college) was "Sonny" Montgomery. It is a nickname, but I don't do nicknames! If I wanted my baby called Sonny, that is what I'd name him!

We got some flack for Katie, too. I let them know quick they didn't have a vote! And the name on her birth certificate will be Katie, it isn't a nickname! They also learned quickly that my kids are Nicholas and Kimberly, NOT Nick and Kim. People will always have their opinions, but who cares?! Pick something you and your dh will like, and don't worry about it.

I only have one more assignment for my current grad class! I sent in 5 assignments today! The last one is due Tuesday by midnight. My students have worked their tails off getting ready for last week's state tests, and I promised them we'd watch Bolt and chill for a couple of days. The timing worked out perfectly. I'll be working on my term paper on Alcoholism while they enjoy the movie. Of course, I signed up for another class today-it starts May 27. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment. In reality, if I don't take a class this summer, I'll have to double up one term during the school year to finish by May (my goal).
Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #804
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Hi,
I got some more of the garage cleaned up so we can finally put all of DS1s unopened toys out there. It was awesome to get the toys for his birthday and Christmas but we couldn't use any of them since it was already cold and cruddy outside. But, today it was so nice we played outside and went to a local outdoor flea market. I got a set of Wilton animal cookie cutters (the 50 piece set) so I can cut the sandwiches into fun shapes. For $2 I should have bought a few for add on gifts!

I have my last 2 week appointment on Wednesday. I can't believe it's already almost over. I was telling DH that I will miss being pg so we might just have to have another baby. I guess we'll see!

Maggimus, back to Target diapers... I wrote an email to Target and complained but I doubt it will go anywhere. It might result in some coupons but I don't think they are going to care. Also on 2 occassions I've gotten a $1 off coupon on the bottom of my receipt.

I have no idea if you like Walmart at all (since you love Target!) but their brand diapers, Parent's Choice, are just as good. And they are cheaper than Target now. A box of size 4 with 92 diapers is $13.89. They carry all sizes and they have stretchy tabs too. I think I would compare both brands to Luvs, which I also buy if on sale and I have a coupon. It can be hard with boys since all the protection is needed up front, but we've had good luck with generics. I think between buying what I did today and all the diapers I got from a grocery that closed, I won't have to buy for a few months. Maybe buy a pack and see what you think. For $5 you can decide and if you don't really like them you can keep them in the car for emergencies.

Last edited by ShootingStarMom2; 05-03-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #805
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post
Hi,

Maggimus, back to Target diapers... I wrote an email to Target and complained but I doubt it will go anywhere. It might result in some coupons but I don't think they are going to care. IAlso on 2 occassions I've gotten a $1 off coupon on the bottom of my receipt.

I have no idea if you like Walmart at all (since you love Target!) but their brand diapers, Parent's Choice, are just as good. And they are cheaper than Target now. A box of size 4 with 92 diapers is $13.89. They carry all sizes and they have stretchy tabs too. I think I would compare both brands to Luvs, which I also buy if on sale and I have a coupon. It can be hard with boys since all the protection is needed up front, but we've had good luck with generics. I think between buying what I did today and all the diapers I got from a grocery that closed, I won't have to buy for a few months. Maybe buy a pack and see what you think. For $5 you can decide and if you don't really like them you can keep them in the car for emergencies.
I missed what was said previously about the Target diapers... but I just found they stopped making them and went with "Up n UP". I"m NOT happy!!! LOL - My DS does best with LUVS, but Ellas first pack aside from Huggies NB were the Target size 1. I LOVED them on her.....went to buy more and they are GONE.... they said the Up n Up replaced them. I tried them for DS and they are AWFUL.. they dont hold for him at all - Back to Luvs for him and guess I'll try Luvs for her too

Hey, Patsy (and anyone else liking Pooh), I know you got these wall appliques, just wanted to show you mine too The wall is actually Piglet Pink, but doesn't show well in the picture. And, the saying I got from Kohls that says "Love is like a butterfly. It goes where it pleases, and it pleases wherever it goes"
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #806
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
Thanks for all the opinions (for and somewhat against). I guess I just wanted to get some opinions so I could think it thru. Maggie- I actually haven't ran it by DH yet. He's been in Colorado at a Christian Men's retreat all weekend and i haven't had any contact with him until just a little while ago. He's headed home and will be back around midnight. I will put it past him this week to see his reaction. Who knows, he may completely veto it!
Mine used the ole veto on Levi as well-- back to the chopping block for me. Let me know what you decide. I think its so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStarMom2 View Post

Maggimus, back to Target diapers... I wrote an email to Target and complained but I doubt it will go anywhere. It might result in some coupons but I don't think they are going to care. IAlso on 2 occassions I've gotten a $1 off coupon on the bottom of my receipt.

Not sure if you saw but I did buy 5 total size 1's (old target kind- green pack) and 1 pack of the 3s. Ill try the parents choice esp if they are cheaper!! Ill do cheap anyday, as long as they don't leak

Please let me know what Target writes back to you. If its coupons, i may write and complain as well. Im glad for the green package deals-- but im not happy about the new packaging, higher prices, and fewer diapers. I did see the polka dots-- and the sad part is that they are so OUT THERE that it shows straight through the yellow packaging. What is up with that? I guess kids can't wear white anymore--- or else we see nothing but polka dots! LOL.

I did buy a pack of Luvs (size 2) as well. I got them at Target but mainly because I had a $2 off coupon-- and $2 off coupon on Luvs is way better than $1.50 on Huggies. Ive heard mixed things about Luvs, some love them, some hate them. For the price, they are worth a try!

I love Walmart too. I just dont find as many couponing deals at Walmart as I do Target. I do buy my essentials (non-coupon) items there though. Walmarts normal prices are better than my Targets, but my Target sales (Manu and store coupons) beat my Walmart by a mile!

Keep me posted on baby deals on the Target thread if you see more. I may go use the body wash coupon-- I cant decide. I have like 10 bottles of the Aveno wash and shampoo from that deal- so im not too sure i need anymore (what do you think?). I guess at that price, we all have shower gifts to give!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #807
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
I missed what was said previously about the Target diapers... but I just found they stopped making them and went with "Up n UP". I"m NOT happy!!! LOL - My DS does best with LUVS, but Ellas first pack aside from Huggies NB were the Target size 1. I LOVED them on her.....went to buy more and they are GONE.... they said the Up n Up replaced them. I tried them for DS and they are AWFUL.. they dont hold for him at all - Back to Luvs for him and guess I'll try Luvs for her too
Sorry, we were on the target deals thread chatting about diapers-- a lot of us ended up getting a good deal on diapers there and we didnt want to make that anymore of a diaper thread than it had already become Ill send you the link back if you want to read it, let me know.

Wow, so it isnt just the packaging, but the actually diaper quality has changes as well? That would NOT make me happy either-- esp with the price hike.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #808
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
I missed what was said previously about the Target diapers... but I just found they stopped making them and went with "Up n UP". I"m NOT happy!!!
Hi,
Sorry, I saw Maggimus on the Target thread and commented to her about the diapers. I just mentioned it here instead so I didn't turn it into a diaper discussion!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #809
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

I just googled and these people seem to think that the new diapers are better? More comparable to Huggies/Pampers... different shape and everything? I hope so for the price
http://boards.msn.com/Healthboards/t...readid=1082489
Old 05-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #810
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Sorry for another post-- but i also found this discussion:
http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/2009/04/q-what.html

Pretty interesting.

So all of the polka dots are blue and green? Its a good thing im havin' a boy!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: