Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #766
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
We get Thanksgiving! That is when I went in 2007, and I'm thinking about going this year. Dh and ds11 would be busy hunting, so they really wouldn't miss us that week. Can you tell I'm having trouble with my baby boy growing up?

But alot of people on the dis get a full week in October-I would LOVE that! The kids here get 2 days, but one of those is a teacher work day.
Oh wow, yeah we never got anything in October! That would be handy, though!!

I'd do it- people keep telling me they grow up so fast! Enjoy WDW while they're young! (Listen to me, I'm like a drug dealer only with Disney! )

..also, we're BOOKED!
Well. I haven't done the flights yet. DH assures me he just has to give his boss the dates but part of me is like "But...what if?"
But then the other part says DO IT WHILE HE'S COOPERATING!
I've never flown this airline before- AirTran- I've always been a Southwest girl out of Columbus or Pittsburgh.
AirTran is just now starting service at the airport in Charleston, WV (an hour-ish from here) and it's non-stop service to Orlando! They're doing promo-rates of $79/one way which is the same price as flying out of the bigger airports over 2 hours away from here.
So the drive would be easier (straight shot on the interstate), shorter and they're a participating airline so we could check our bags at the resort.
This is getting better and better!!
Gotta love convenience with a baby!

*ETA*
Flights have been purchased. No turning back now, poophead or not!

Last edited by Piecey; 05-02-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #767
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

I have found airtran to be pretty good - I am amazed they are doing non-stop to Orlando b/c almost all their flights usually have a connection in Atlanta. The flights into Raleigh-Durham (I went to college in that area) from Atlanta seemed to always be delayed, but I think that was more of an issue with the Atlanta airport. $160 round trip sounds great

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #768
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
I have found airtran to be pretty good - I am amazed they are doing non-stop to Orlando b/c almost all their flights usually have a connection in Atlanta. The flights into Raleigh-Durham (I went to college in that area) from Atlanta seemed to always be delayed, but I think that was more of an issue with the Atlanta airport. $160 round trip sounds great
Yep, after taxes and everything it was $358 for two RT non-stop tickets out of dinky little Yeager airport in Charleston, WV. Not bad at all.

I think AirTran started offering these flights to compete with Allegiant- they fly nonstop to Sanford in Orlando out of one of the other airports in WV. But since AirTran flies straight into MCO and I can take advantage of ME... it's definitely worth it!

...and a year for a haircut? And to think one of DH's arguments were that I was making Lucas wait 5 whole months for a haircut to have his first be in Disney World!
I might have to tell him about that 1-year thing and see what kind of reaction I get.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #769
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post

...and a year for a haircut? And to think one of DH's arguments were that I was making Lucas wait 5 whole months for a haircut to have his first be in Disney World!
I might have to tell him about that 1-year thing and see what kind of reaction I get.
LOL - I know, crazy Cuban thing I guess, or maybe Hispanic thing because I have seen it with others. . . I guess you just gotta hope it doesn't grow too fast, lol. I think 5 months will be good for a baby boy. . .

Old 05-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #770
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
LOL - I know, crazy Cuban thing I guess, or maybe Hispanic thing because I have seen it with others. . . I guess you just gotta hope it doesn't grow too fast, lol. I think 5 months will be good for a baby boy. . .
I think 5 months will be just fine, too.

Sorry to everyone else that we got a little side tracked on the Moms to be stuff for DISNEY () stuff but I was excited. I'm a dork.
Now to make a decision on the dining plan...

...have a great weekend everyone, I'm off to wash my first batch of baby clothes!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #771
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

What a week.......

Sorry I've been MIA. Short story, felt some contractions Tuesday night, so went to the hospital.... spent 2 nights trapped in L&D while they monitored me. Cervix appears to be starting to shorten & soften up (scary $hit at 21 weeks)

But I'm still pg. Discharged on home bedrest. I'm not allowed to do *anything* It's already getting kinda old, but hopefully I can keep these kids cooking to a safe gestation. I still won't be happy with anything sooner than August, but recognize that sooner than that is a very real possibility.

They switched up one of my BP meds to one that has a side effect of relaxing smooth muscles (including the uterus) -- in an attempt to keep these kids parked a while longer. SO pretty much the only thing I'm doing is sitting around & then going to Dr appts.

Oh and while I was in the hospital, my urine cultured positive for group B strep -- so I have a week of ABX to take as well. Joy.

So it seems that I have an irritable uterus. It's kinda scary, as I don't always feel the contractions unless I have my hands on my belly, they are not painful or very obvious. I am really abnormal on that front. I watch the baby/ birth shows on discovery & discovery health & they all describe contractions as very painful, worst pain they've ever felt, the worst cramp in the world & I'm all like "am I contracting?"

It gets a bit old, telling nurses & doctors that no, no pain & I'm not sure how often I'm contracting as I don't feel it unless I have my hands on my belly. Oh yeah & the monitors don't often get my contractions, don't know why, I'm heavier, have a sway back, belts just move on me..... could be any of those reasons or all of them..... but eventually enough nurses felt it while seeing very little change on the monitors plus of course cervical changes, that they believe me. Think they thought I was just a "nervous nellie" when I first showed up, that changed.

So wish me well, say a prayer, I gotta keep these babies inside a good long time & my body seems less than coopertive.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #772
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
When do you think you'll take Lily? Did you guys give any more thought to what you're going to do for your first vacation?
Hopefully right before she turns 2, so she can fly for free...but I have a feeling we might go next summer. We'll probably do some short trips...Hershey, Cedar Point...and hopefully a beach trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Sorry I've been MIA. Short story, felt some contractions Tuesday night, so went to the hospital.... spent 2 nights trapped in L&D while they monitored me. Cervix appears to be starting to shorten & soften up (scary $hit at 21 weeks)

But I'm still pg. Discharged on home bedrest. I'm not allowed to do *anything* It's already getting kinda old, but hopefully I can keep these kids cooking to a safe gestation. I still won't be happy with anything sooner than August, but recognize that sooner than that is a very real possibility.

They switched up one of my BP meds to one that has a side effect of relaxing smooth muscles (including the uterus) -- in an attempt to keep these kids parked a while longer. SO pretty much the only thing I'm doing is sitting around & then going to Dr appts.

Oh and while I was in the hospital, my urine cultured positive for group B strep -- so I have a week of ABX to take as well. Joy.

So it seems that I have an irritable uterus. It's kinda scary, as I don't always feel the contractions unless I have my hands on my belly, they are not painful or very obvious. I am really abnormal on that front. I watch the baby/ birth shows on discovery & discovery health & they all describe contractions as very painful, worst pain they've ever felt, the worst cramp in the world & I'm all like "am I contracting?"

It gets a bit old, telling nurses & doctors that no, no pain & I'm not sure how often I'm contracting as I don't feel it unless I have my hands on my belly. Oh yeah & the monitors don't often get my contractions, don't know why, I'm heavier, have a sway back, belts just move on me..... could be any of those reasons or all of them..... but eventually enough nurses felt it while seeing very little change on the monitors plus of course cervical changes, that they believe me. Think they thought I was just a "nervous nellie" when I first showed up, that changed.

So wish me well, say a prayer, I gotta keep these babies inside a good long time & my body seems less than coopertive.
You'll be in my prayers!! Just talk to us and keep cooking those babies!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #773
december
DIS Veteran

Today has been a LONG day. I've been outside at baseball games (3 of them) since 12:30 today-and it is hot here! I was so glad to get back home to the AC. I'm not feeling good at all now.

Piecey, just watch Airtran. We flew out of Memphis for our trip in 2007. Our flight to Orlando (direct also) was only $99, and the flight home was $59 on Thanksgiving Day!!!!! That was awesome! But they changed our departing flight time by like 6 hrs, and never told us! I made dining ressies at 6 am on May 19 that year (which happens to be my due date this year-I remember because it was my grandfather's birthday!) and had made ressies for Thanksgiving morning at 'Ohana, then we were going to hit MK. Instead, we had to be on ME at 8am that morning for an early flight. Luckily, I was able to switch some things around last min (a small miracle for Thanksgiving week!). But if I hadn't checked my flights a couple of weeks before the trip, I never would have known about the change. That is the only bad thing that happened, but I hear it happens alot with them.

DannysMom, I hope your little ones get comfy and stay put!!!

I am so tempted to book a Thanksgiving trip, but I deleted the pin code instead. Dh really isn't happy with his job, and if he finds a new one, we have to find a new house (our house is provided by his employer). So I have to sit tight and hold on to whatever I can right now. Stupid common sense
Old 05-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #774
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Valerie, so sorry to hear what you went through. Keep cooking those kids and take care of yourself. We are here to entertain you while on bedrest.
Sending hugs to you!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #775
luckyfin
Coming out of hiding

We really like using AirTran. We have had flights switched on us before, they will send you an e-mail notification if you booked online. It has actually worked out in our favor. They automatically book you onto another flight, if you don't like what they booked, they are very helpful over the phone. It has actually worked out in our advantage and we have been able to get to Disney sooner
POR 2011 DD's 1st Trip Pop 2012 POFQ 2013 Offsite 2014 POR 2015
Old 05-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #776
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Valerie, you are in my prayers! That's very scary but I am glad you're doing better now. Get plenty of rest so you can keep those precious babies cooking at least till August
Old 05-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #777
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfin View Post
We really like using AirTran. We have had flights switched on us before, they will send you an e-mail notification if you booked online. It has actually worked out in our favor. They automatically book you onto another flight, if you don't like what they booked, they are very helpful over the phone. It has actually worked out in our advantage and we have been able to get to Disney sooner
Well, they are SUPPOSED to send you an email notification. I booked online, and got nothing. I researched them, and found it happens quite a bit. They were very nice about it, and apologized for the mistake. I called after seeing the flight changed online. The flight they booked me on did have a layover, and I was able to change it to another direct flight. But they had canceled all flights except for those 2 (both early morning) for the whole day, so there was no chance of getting my half day at WDW.

I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again-I would just be aware and check the flight info every few weeks, just in case!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #778
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Piecey, just watch Airtran. We flew out of Memphis for our trip in 2007. Our flight to Orlando (direct also) was only $99, and the flight home was $59 on Thanksgiving Day!!!!! That was awesome! But they changed our departing flight time by like 6 hrs, and never told us! I made dining ressies at 6 am on May 19 that year (which happens to be my due date this year-I remember because it was my grandfather's birthday!) and had made ressies for Thanksgiving morning at 'Ohana, then we were going to hit MK. Instead, we had to be on ME at 8am that morning for an early flight. Luckily, I was able to switch some things around last min (a small miracle for Thanksgiving week!). But if I hadn't checked my flights a couple of weeks before the trip, I never would have known about the change. That is the only bad thing that happened, but I hear it happens alot with them.

I am so tempted to book a Thanksgiving trip, but I deleted the pin code instead. Dh really isn't happy with his job, and if he finds a new one, we have to find a new house (our house is provided by his employer). So I have to sit tight and hold on to whatever I can right now. Stupid common sense
Hmm.. thanks for the warning. I'll keep an eye on things. They haven't started service yet and they are only flying out of this airport T/Th/Sa... same time everyday, only 1 flight per day. Same thing coming back. I don't know how much they could mess with it, being such a small airport with only 1 runway... but I'll be on the watch!

Sometimes being an adult-having common sense is the pits.
My 12wk maternity leave is paid in a lump sum and so that'll be taking us to Disney.... I told DH we were already adjusting to the money not being there so whats the problem with using part of my final check for a little fun?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #779
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Prayers being said that those two stay put til August!!

Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #780
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:

I'll be thinking about you! Listen to the docs and stay put!! August is a good month....hold out til then
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: