Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #736
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

I saw you're update on facebook Patsy!! Yay! Congrats! Can I come too?!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #737
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I agree! Labor is bad enough without being uncomfortable about your Dr!!

I got the code too! I can't help with any convincing arguments, since I can't do it with my own DH!
Quote:
I saw you're update on facebook Patsy!! Yay! Congrats! Can I come too?!

Thanks! I'm so excited! I wanted to go while Lucas was little. I wonder if I can convince DH to leave Lucas' hair alone so that he can have his first haircut in Magic Kingdom? I can't believe he agreed!!

I called him and said
"Do you love me?"
"You know I do... why?"
"Will you go on vacation with me?"
*sigh* "Where?"
"Walt Disney World."
"I guess...." He wasn't thrilled but he wasn't a poophead about it either! (DH HATES my love of vacations..)

I knew he was a keeper, though!!!

I called and asked my parents if they wanted to come and they're going to get back to me tonight and then I'm BOOKING IT!!
Best part is the airport an hour from here has non-stop flights to MCO on a promo rate of $79/one way because they're starting service at the end of June. The dates work together perfectly!!!

I've got dining plans to make now!!!!!!

Oh, and you can totally come!! 3 months for Lily and 5 months for Lucas. They can be buds.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #738
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Thanks! I'm so excited! I wanted to go while Lucas was little. I wonder if I can convince DH to leave Lucas' hair alone so that he can have his first haircut in Magic Kingdom? I can't believe he agreed!!

I called him and said
"Do you love me?"
"You know I do... why?"
*sigh* "Where?"
"Walt Disney World."
"I guess...." He wasn't thrilled but he wasn't a poophead about it either! (DH HATES my love of vacations..)

I called and asked my parents if they wanted to come and they're going to get back to me tonight and then I'm BOOKING IT!!
Best part is the airport an hour from here has non-stop flights to MCO on a promo rate of $79/one way because they're starting service at the end of June. The dates work together perfectly!!!

Oh, and you can totally come!! 3 months for Lily and 5 months for Lucas. They can be buds.
Awww He's a keeper! That's so awesome that it's all falling in place!

I bet Lily and Luca would have a blast!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #739
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Awww He's a keeper! That's so awesome that it's all falling in place!

I bet Lily and Luca would have a blast!
They'd have a ball!

OMG! I might have finals next week and a whole house to pack and clothes to wash but who cares? I have a trip to Disney World to plan!

I just realized if they have anything open, I could book Ohana for a late dinner our arrival night and see HalloWishes! Woohoo!

Last edited by Piecey; 05-01-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #740
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Quote:
They'd have a ball!

OMG! I might have finals next week and a whole house to pack and clothes to wash but who cares? I have a trip to Disney World to plan!

I just realized if they have anything open, I could book Ohana for a late dinner our arrival night and see HalloWishes! Woohoo!
Aww yay, I am so happy for you! And so jealous! I wish I could go too. I think Jake's first trip will be when he's 2. My parents own DVC and they promised me a trip with Jake at that age. And I plan on holding them to it!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #741
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
Aww yay, I am so happy for you! And so jealous! I wish I could go too. I think Jake's first trip will be when he's 2. My parents own DVC and they promised me a trip with Jake at that age. And I plan on holding them to it!
No way! Now I'm totally jealous of both of you!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #742
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
No way! Now I'm totally jealous of both of you!
When do you think you'll take Lily? Did you guys give any more thought to what you're going to do for your first vacation?

Veronica-
....2 would be a great age! And he'll still be free! Where do they own at? I would so buy into DVC in a heartbeat!

This is just working out so cheap, I couldn't say NO! With the PIN code it'd be $1426 for room, tickets and flight for Tom and I (Lucas is of course a freebie) for 7 nights/7 days! With a $100 gift card coming back to us.
I'll cash out the Disney Dream Dollars on DH's Visa ($90 alone for our HVAC crap! ) and we'll be covered for food and souveniers!
I might cash out the DDR's on mine, too.. we shall see!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #743
december
DIS Veteran

I got the email too, and I so want to do this! I'm just getting in from work, so I need to do some thinking tonight and this weekend. The email says through Nov. 24. I'm wondering if this is like the other offers, where if I'm booked by the 24th I get the rest of the week as well. In 2007 we did Thanksgiving (me, Nicholas was 10, Kimberly was 8, 6 nights, 5 day base tickets, with the dining plan) for around $1400. That didn't include flights, or MVMCP tickets, but it was still a great deal for a holiday week! The code I used was through the Friday before Thanksgiving, and that was our arrival day. So we ended up saving on the whole week!

Can you price this on the website, or do you have to call? I don't know if there is a place to put the pin number in or not.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #744
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

I think you have to call. I called and spoke with the guy, anyway. I was excited!!!
He said they'd let me do 2 rooms (one for my parents if they decide to join us, too) and they'd get their own $100 gift card. Thats something I plan to re-confirm when I call to make the actual reservation, though. Seems too good to be true!

There is a whole thread on the budget board of different pin codes, and this one is by far the best one! We got lucky!! A few people have noted success with getting deals close to their PIN code offer with that little blurb at the bottom that says "Ask about great rates to for other lengths of stay 11/28-12/17/09."

I think you're right, I think you can go starting the 24th and still get the deal. I picked our dates based off of airfare- all the other air tickets would be $40 more + taxes which isn't a HUGE deal but we can really go whenever we want. DH might want to go over Thanksgiving though and that way not miss class. I don't know if I want to mention that to him or not! We'll see what my parents say I guess.
Let me know what you find out!

It would be neat if some of us were there at the same time... (hint, hint Sarah..)

Off to dinner and a movie (Wolverine? DH gets his way after today!) have a great weekend everyone!!

Last edited by Piecey; 05-01-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #745
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Quote:
Veronica-
....2 would be a great age! And he'll still be free! Where do they own at? I would so buy into DVC in a heartbeat!
Yeah, and I am hoping that he'll be at an age where he's at least a little aware of of everything around him. Like the characters and all the color and excitement going on. Yay My parents own at Beach Club Villas. They bought about 7-8 years ago, I can't remember exactly when. But my dad was saying he wants to possibly buy more at either the new AKL villas or Bay Lake Towers. DVC really is a fantastic investment. And you can share with your family which is even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey
This is just working out so cheap, I couldn't say NO! With the PIN code it'd be $1426 for room, tickets and flight for Tom and I (Lucas is of course a freebie) for 7 nights/7 days! With a $100 gift card coming back to us.
I'll cash out the Disney Dream Dollars on DH's Visa ($90 alone for our HVAC crap! ) and we'll be covered for food and souveniers!
I might cash out the DDR's on mine, too.. we shall see!
That IS a great deal!! I don't blame you for not wanting to pass on it! And I am sure your DH will enjoy himself even if he isn't a big WDW fan. And who knows, maybe you'll convert him in the end
Old 05-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #746
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Went to Target today-- great shopping trip (linked here with photos)
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=320

They have their Target brand diapers on sale for CHEAP. The reason is they are changing the packaging so they are letting the old packaging diapers go cheap-o. I got 224 diapers for roughly .08cents a piece ($19.48 for 4- they were $4.87 for 56 diapers). Thought that was a good deal so i stocked up. They had newborn, size 3 (but those were 80 diapers for $9.00) and size 6 (size 6 were 4.87 but not sure how many were in them).

You might check your targets if you are interested!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #747
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
Yeah, and I am hoping that he'll be at an age where he's at least a little aware of of everything around him. Like the characters and all the color and excitement going on. Yay My parents own at Beach Club Villas. They bought about 7-8 years ago, I can't remember exactly when. But my dad was saying he wants to possibly buy more at either the new AKL villas or Bay Lake Towers. DVC really is a fantastic investment. And you can share with your family which is even better

That IS a great deal!! I don't blame you for not wanting to pass on it! And I am sure your DH will enjoy himself even if he isn't a big WDW fan. And who knows, maybe you'll convert him in the end
I think age 2 sounds perfect. I just can't wait that long to go back, and this deal makes it too hard to pass up. That and 2011 we'll be at the beach with my parents for a vowel renewal. They're even hiring a wedding planner.
They called to let me know they're passing on Disney with us because they're going to go to the beach that same week, only they're leaving before us and coming back after... and then asked me to watch their cat. Uh. Hello? I just asked you guys to vacation with us that same week!

DH is being a poophead now. After I sat in a crowded, hot, stinky movie theater watching his dude movie (though it was good- Hugh Jackman! ) he decided that it's pointless because Lucas won't remember it.
Uh, I'll remember it. Then he told me I was being selfish.
I'll go with him or with a friend. Whatever.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #748
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:

I called him and said
"Do you love me?"
"You know I do... why?"
*sigh* "Where?"
"Walt Disney World."

My 'first unread' clicker doesn't take me to my first unread...so I get lost easy... lol

Anyways...was just gonna say, about the haircut... We wanted Sage's first haircut to be at MK too! That's all we've talked about. Now his hair is getting so shaggy, it's TOO CUTE to cut!! So, we may take him in to let them mohawk it with glitter or something for the day, just to get a picture and mickey ears

And, when my DD8 was a month shy of 3, that's when we took our first WDW trip... She still remembers bits and pieces of it. It was the perfect age IMO!
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #749
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Ohmygosh, my baby is in the last ticker box. Ohmygosh.
I'm getting close! :scareD:

I don't know what to do, Tracy. DH is trying to be non-poophead-ish about it now but I don't want him to ruin Disney for me. I wonder if I got caught up in the good deal and going isn't the best idea. :-/ I hate when he does this crap. Butters me up and then... this crap. He does this a lot. Poophead, I say!
People keep telling me that taking an infant really isn't as hard as I'd think. And October would be cool enough to not worry about heat and all that as much...
Gah. I just don't know!!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #750
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Ohmygosh, my baby is in the last ticker box. Ohmygosh.
I'm getting close! :scareD:

I don't know what to do, Tracy. DH is trying to be non-poophead-ish about it now but I don't want him to ruin Disney for me. I wonder if I got caught up in the good deal and going isn't the best idea. :-/ I hate when he does this crap. Butters me up and then... this crap. He does this a lot. Poophead, I say!
People keep telling me that taking an infant really isn't as hard as I'd think. And October would be cool enough to not worry about heat and all that as much...
Gah. I just don't know!!
Well....when we come back the first week of June, Ella will just hav turned 2 months old, so I'll let ya know how it goes
I know my shopping trip alone today with her and my DS14m at Kohls was quite eventful.....LOL
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: