Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #691
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
I got to see baby at 6 weeks and then at 12 (I signed up for the non-invasive genetic testing - where they do blood, and ultrasound, and then blood 4 weeks later). To be honest, I only did it so I could have another look at baby I get to do the anatomy scan two weeks from this Friday. . . and then DH and I were thinking of going to this place:http://www.4dprenatalimaging.com/Questions.asp and doing the package for $275 where you get to do a scan between 20-27 weeks and another one from 28-36 weeks. It is a 3D/4D, you get pictures and a DVD both times. We like that we'd be able to see the baby more AND you can bring lie 7 other people with you, so we'd like to bring the future grand parents and such to one.

I was amazed at the tremendous difference between 6 weeks and 12 - in just a month and a half my baby looked like a baby, and was swimming around and jumping, it was incredible!

Thanks so much for that!! It is great!!
You live pretty close to me and that place is where we went for our gender scan at 16 weeks (we cheated lol)! It was really nice and we have a DVD of our session so I can watch our little man whenever I want. Now I want to do the $275 package as well so I can see him again.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #692
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear of someone who went there!! Cool!!

I didn't realize there was another Miami girl on here

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #693
december
DIS Veteran

Piecey, of course you and dh are freaked out now! Talk about bad bedside manner-why in the world would they tell him all that now!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #694
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Piecey, of course you and dh are freaked out now! Talk about bad bedside manner-why in the world would they tell him all that now!!!!!!!
They thought Lucas had already been born.

Apparently the chemical he soaked his stuff in was Deet, and insect repellents are known to cause Gulf War Syndrome.. and the problems in his nerves/joints (and he had an episode in January where he had to have an emergency CT scan from dizziness/vertigo/high blood pressure) are apparently all red flags for Gulf War Syndrome.

I guess it's only the troops who deployed in 2003. After that they knew not to soak their Camis in Deet.. would have thought that would have been obvious the first time, but you know.. it's the government.

I've calmed down a bit but it's irritating.
We'll definitely be waiting to find out more information before we have another kiddo.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #695
TinkerbellRN
Mouseketeer

Helllo!
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread!
I'm 19 weeks...due September 23rd. We found out yesterday we are having a boy
None of our friends are at the baby point in their lives yet so I have very few people to talk about this with that have any idea what it's like!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #696
caitty13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
For those considering a fetal heart Doppler, I got this one a couple weeks ago and LOVE it:
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/pr...product_id=853

I I highly recommend it. I will tell you that the first time it took me over 20 minutes to find the baby (at 13 weeks) and I was so nervous - now I can usually get it within a minute, five at most. It is such a comfort for me to hear the baby's heart every day (you have to be careful you are listening to the baby, not just your heart - I usually put my other hand on my neck and check - but I've learned the sound of my heart vs. the baby's.

I decided to buy, because renting one would be about $120 by the end of this pregnancy and this way I'll hopefully have it for subsequent pregnancy's. It is 2MHZ not 3MHZ, but for me 2MHZ is supposed to be better (3mhz has a wider range, but 2mhz can go through more depth, so it is good for "thicker" girls).

It costs $115 and right now they have a code (SPRING) for 5% off and I got free shipping too It came out to $109 for me and I got it within four business days with the free UPS ground.

Just thought I'd share
I second this. I bought the same one and it is great. Once I felt the baby move I stopped using it though... This will be my last pregnancy so I will need to do soemthing with it. I would recommened this one to anyone.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #697
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellRN View Post
Helllo!
None of our friends are at the baby point in their lives yet so I have very few people to talk about this with that have any idea what it's like!
Congrats & welcome!!!!! Little Boys bring so much joy!

Patsy & Melissa... try to relax, thinking of you both!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #698
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Helllo!
Welcome! Im just in front of you, due Sept 14 with a boy! Congratulations!! I bet you are really excited now that you know what you are having
Old 04-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #699
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Helllo!
Congrats and welcome!!
I just had a little girl 3 weeks ago...but I have a 14month old son... Little boys are GREAT with their mommies
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #700
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

DH is freaking out and it's starting to freak me out, too.
He's been going to the VA hospital an hour away for problems with his nerves and joints (they put a scalpel (sp?) to his toes and he can't feel it, ALL of his joints pop and crack just by moving one finger, etc..) and today they screened him for 'Gulf War Syndrome' because they know from previous paperwork I was pregnant.
Well, apparently they didn't know we hadn't had Lucas yet and they asked if Lucas had BIRTH DEFECTS or if he was STILLBORN or experienced any other health problems outside the norm of our family histories!
Apparently the chemicals DH was exposed to have caused birth defects and numerous cases of stillborn babies in Veterans who deployed to Iraq/Kuwait (DH went to Kuwait once and Iraq twice..)
Now DH is worried this is why I've had such little movement with Lucas.
The US's have all been A-ok but I am going to mention this to my OB ASAP. I might even call her tomorrow.

It just pisses me off ROYALLY that they wait until after they think I've had him to mention this. And that they didn't say there is a risk BEFORE I got pregnant!

They made DH fill out a 5-page form about the various chemicals he worked with and the protective gear he was given (talk about NOTHING- when DH deployed the first time all they had was stuff from Vietnam-- none of that held up in Iraq with the sandstorms!!!) He was there the first official night of the "war" and said when they pulled up it was just flat dessert- they slept on the ground that night and BUILT their shelter the next day. Protection my right foot!
He told them about how before his deployment they were all told to saturate their Cami's in some liquid for 24 hours and then let them dry for 5 days before wearing them to Iraq. He said the Dr. just raised her eyes and said "Really?"... she was stunned.

I am so freaking irritated. [/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh. I don't would be freaking irritated too.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #701
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Helllo!
Welcome TinkerbellRN and congrats on your baby boy
Old 04-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #702
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFan4ever View Post

Oh my gosh. I don't would be freaking irritated too.
Thanks. I've calmed down a lot but SERIOUSLY?!

He's been moving about 100x more than normal today so maybe he knows I need the reassurance.

Melissa- my US's are done the same way, through the hospital and I have to wait to hear from my Dr. She usually calls the next day to say "US was good, we'll talk more in depth at your next appt." Here's hoping you hear from your Dr. soon.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #703
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

It sure is quiet here today...

I have definitely snacked all day today-- and thats totally not like me.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #704
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post

He's been moving about 100x more than normal today so maybe he knows I need the reassurance.

Melissa- my US's are done the same way, through the hospital and I have to wait to hear from my Dr. She usually calls the next day to say "US was good, we'll talk more in depth at your next appt." Here's hoping you hear from your Dr. soon.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
We would be totally stressed out having to wait.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #705
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post

Wow! That is scary! I can't believe they waited so long to say something

But I'm glad Lucas has been moving around a lot more. I'm sure that makes you feel a lot better

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: