Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #661
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Morning everyone!

I have my 1 hour test today. I was wondering if I can eat right before it? I'm at work until 2, my appointment is at 3:15 and I don't get a lunch, so I was going to stop and get something, but I don't want it to interfere with the test...
I could eat for mine... just not AFTER I drank the stuff.
But I was given the bottle to take home and drink at home and then pop in the hospital an hour later and tell them to take my blood. (They weren't too pleased when I walked into a lab full of waiting people and said my blood HAD to be drawn in 10 minutes.. )
I would assume if they didn't tell you, you're good!

I'm totally going to ChikFilA for lunch .. enjoy your wrap, sounds good!...
Old 04-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #662
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Morning everyone!

I have my 1 hour test today. I was wondering if I can eat right before it? I'm at work until 2, my appointment is at 3:15 and I don't get a lunch, so I was going to stop and get something, but I don't want it to interfere with the test...
Mine was a non-fasting test for the 1 hour. I was soooo glad that I passed it. You might want to call them to make sure. Also, I wanted to add, I hope everything is ok with your friend. This must be a scary time for her.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #663
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I could eat for mine... just not AFTER I drank the stuff.
But I was given the bottle to take home and drink at home and then pop in the hospital an hour later and tell them to take my blood. (They weren't too pleased when I walked into a lab full of waiting people and said my blood HAD to be drawn in 10 minutes.. )
I would assume if they didn't tell you, you're good!

I'm totally going to ChikFilA for lunch .. enjoy your wrap, sounds good!...
Mmmmmm ChikFilA....maybe for dinner since I already have the wrap...I was thinking of going there before I started thinking that eating right before the test has to screw things up somehow...and I really don't want to have to do the 3 hour!

On a side note, I feel like crap today. I feel like I'm trying to get the cold that DH has, plus I'm kinda sick to my stomach...the test should be tons of fun.

So Poll:
Lemon/Lime or
Orange?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #664
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFan4ever View Post
Mine was a non-fasting test for the 1 hour. I was soooo glad that I passed it. You might want to call them to make sure. Also, I wanted to add, I hope everything is ok with your friend. This must be a scary time for her.
Thanks!
I talked to her for a while yesterday. She did decide to move the appointment until next week (she has a very busy work schedule this week), so I won't know anything for a while, but she still has no miscarriage signs and is adding to her list of pregnancy symptoms...she's very positive and so is her DH.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #665
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

I am sooo happy Well, we are going to Disney Novemberf 28th until December 3rd. We had ressie's at BCV in a 1BR. I called this morning and I was able to switch to the new Bay Lake Towers in a 1BR. WooHoo!!!!

Okay, back to baby stuff. Does anyone know of a good baby Thermometer? I know this was discussed a while back, but I can seem to find the post. Also, what about a baby monitor? Is anybody getting the video one? I don't know if it would be worth the price. I think I would be watching her all the time. It would be like having my own Baby Channel starring Natatlie.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #666
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Mmmmmm ChikFilA....maybe for dinner since I already have the wrap...I was thinking of going there before I started thinking that eating right before the test has to screw things up somehow...and I really don't want to have to do the 3 hour!

On a side note, I feel like crap today. I feel like I'm trying to get the cold that DH has, plus I'm kinda sick to my stomach...the test should be tons of fun.

So Poll:
Lemon/Lime or
Orange?
Hmm....
The orange wasn't terrible. My biggest problem was they told me to stick it in the freezer a few hours before (not let it freeze, but let it get slushy) and I was choking on the frozen chunks..
I'm an idiot though.

Have a great day, I'm off to sign my life away to the heating and air dudes and then Chik Fil A and work.... At least one of those things sounds exciting!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #667
harleyquinn

Quote:
I am sooo happy Well, we are going to Disney Novemberf 28th until December 3rd. We had ressie's at BCV in a 1BR. I called this morning and I was able to switch to the new Bay Lake Towers in a 1BR. WooHoo!!!!

Okay, back to baby stuff. Does anyone know of a good baby Thermometer? I know this was discussed a while back, but I can seem to find the post. Also, what about a baby monitor? Is anybody getting the video one? I don't know if it would be worth the price. I think I would be watching her all the time. It would be like having my own Baby Channel starring Natatlie.

Congrats!

From what I've read, the video monitors are pretty much all junk and not worth the extra $$$.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #668
caitty13
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have this monitor http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2265802
So far it works good but I also have a smaller size house, I haven't tested it out in the yard yet. I bought it at kohls.com when they had 30% off and free shipping...
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #669
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Anyone have a large house and have a great monitor?

About the video monitor-- my girlfriend had one and it was very odd because when she turned it on from the store-- it showed another babies bed (i would imagine it was someone in the neighborhood). We were over there one day and she turned it on and sure enough there was another babies bed. She said that freaked her out knowing someone else could possibly seeing her baby so she was going to take it back. Id say a close neighbor had one or something. In my neighborhood there are no small kids-- but my next door neighbor is expecting so i may have to ask her what she is going to do in the line of monitors so that ours dont interfere.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #670
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Anyone have a large house and have a great monitor?

About the video monitor-- my girlfriend had one and it was very odd because when she turned it on from the store-- it showed another babies bed (i would imagine it was someone in the neighborhood). We were over there one day and she turned it on and sure enough there was another babies bed. She said that freaked her out knowing someone else could possibly seeing her baby so she was going to take it back. Id say a close neighbor had one or something. In my neighborhood there are no small kids-- but my next door neighbor is expecting so i may have to ask her what she is going to do in the line of monitors so that ours dont interfere.
Yeah, there are major issues with this with all kinds of monitors, because they often run at the same frequencies--you can also pick up telephone conversations...
Old 04-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #671
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Lemon/Lime has been my choice...tasted like flat sprite.

This is the monitor we have for DS. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2266258
We have been very please with it. My house is good size, 3bdrm/2bath, den, kitchen, dining room, and living room.

I was just outside playing ... boy is it hot out there!!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #672
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Do you get another one later in pregnancy?

Wait for that one! The difference between 18wks-26wks-32wks... extraordinary!
Our doctor lets us come in however many times we want to get an additional ultrasound. Basically, all you have to do is show up on Thursday and they'll let you take a look. Since insurance won't cover these totally elective peeks, they cost $75.

Quote:
To clarify, I know it's too early to hear anything, the Dr was concerned because during the vag u/s they could not see a heartbeat. I've done a bunch of searching around and it seems like this is VERY common and many times turns out to be no big deal, but that in most cases you should be able to see the heartbeat by 7 weeks.

I think the biggest things here are that she has no idea when she conceived (she thinks she does, but she's been VERY irregular, so there's really no way to tell) and that she's having all of the symptoms of being pregnant and none of having a miscarriage.
Everything is probably fine.

Cathy has PCOS and typically has cycles that are a good week or two longer than average. This resulted in their having to update the due date by two weeks once they were able to measure the baby on the first ultrasound. I have little doubt that if we had that first ultrasound a few days earlier that they wouldn't have been able to image the heartbeat. We would have been massively freaked out, worried that we had lost the baby.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #673
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

As far as the monitor...our house is 2400 sq ft and we have a Graco..nothing fancy. We have picked up another baby crying in the neighborhood tho. Kinda freaky when you hear a cry off in the distance, go up to the room and yoru baby is sound asleep My DBF swore we had a 'baby ghost'.. it freaked him out....lol

I am looking to buy the angelcare monitor right now for Ella... the one that alerts you if breathing or movement stop for 15-20 seconds by a loud alarm.
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #674
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
As far as the monitor...our house is 2400 sq ft and we have a Graco..nothing fancy. We have picked up another baby crying in the neighborhood tho. Kinda freaky when you hear a cry off in the distance, go up to the room and yoru baby is sound asleep My DBF swore we had a 'baby ghost'.. it freaked him out....lol

I am looking to buy the angelcare monitor right now for Ella... the one that alerts you if breathing or movement stop for 15-20 seconds by a loud alarm.
I have the angelcare monitor on my registry. I don't know how I am ever supposed to sleep once he's here. Heck, I have trouble sleeping now because I keep thinking I will squish him, I can't imagine once he's here. I will be in there every ten minutes. I told Robert I wanted a video monitor so I can leave our tv on all night with baby vision and he thought I was nuts. I think we will just get an audio monitor as a video one and the angelcare is a bit over kill (well, sorta!, lol)

Old 04-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #675
harleyquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
Everything is probably fine.

Cathy has PCOS and typically has cycles that are a good week or two longer than average. This resulted in their having to update the due date by two weeks once they were able to measure the baby on the first ultrasound. I have little doubt that if we had that first ultrasound a few days earlier that they wouldn't have been able to image the heartbeat. We would have been massively freaked out, worried that we had lost the baby.
I have PCOS too. My friend was tested for it after I was diagnosed since we had a lot of similar symptoms, but she doesn't have it. She definitely has something going on there though and I'm really hoping that's all it is...we'll see next week!

So I ate the other half of my wrap about 90 minutes ago and I'm hungry already...I noticed this yesterday too...I'm just super hungry all the time...I guess I need to start planning a bunch of small meals to get me through the day. Just a couple of days ago, I could barely eat anything and now I'm starving all the time.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: