Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #646
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
I had an u/s at 6wks and they can certainly see a baby in there if she is pregnant. There is a yolk sac. I found out I was pregnant at just under 4wks. My doctor wont even try and hear the heartbeat until 12wks... nor will she try and look at it until theres an anatomy scan (but this is all in normal pregnancies with no thought of there to be anything wrong). I would think that a simple u/s would tell them whether there is a baby there or not... Have they not given her a urine to check her HCG levels? That would tell me whether I miscarried or not I would think!?
I had an u/s at exactly 6 weeks - the heartbeat was heard/seen by them when they did the transvag. . . one not the regular ultrasound.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #647
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi12982 View Post
I had an u/s at exactly 6 weeks - the heartbeat was heard/seen by them when they did the transvag. . . one not the regular ultrasound.
Thats awesome, i meant to say the ultrasonographer did hear the heartbeat on the trans vag at 6 wks- but the doctor wont do it on the hand held doppler until 12wks. You had the same timing as me Its exciting-- I didnt see my baby again until 18wks-- and WOW what a change from 6wks! Reality certainly sets in!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #648
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Thats awesome, i meant to say the ultrasonographer did hear the heartbeat on the trans vag at 6 wks- but the doctor wont do it on the hand held doppler until 12wks. You had the same timing as me Its exciting-- I didnt see my baby again until 18wks-- and WOW what a change from 6wks! Reality certainly sets in!
Do you get another one later in pregnancy?

Wait for that one! The difference between 18wks-26wks-32wks... extraordinary!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #649
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
Do you get another one later in pregnancy?

Wait for that one! The difference between 18wks-26wks-32wks... extraordinary!
It isnt standard for a normal pregnancy. If your pregnancy is normal with no complications- you only get 2. One to confirm pregnancy, and then the gender/anatomy u/s. Dh and I are going to look into getting one of the 4-D u/s around 30ish weeks though. I know we will have to go to an independant place but i think it will be fun to do.

I know sometimes they check closer to delivery time to see babies position-- but normally at my office you only get the 2.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #650
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I can't believe I forgot to tell you. I got on update from my BFF about her baby. She might have miscarried. I knew there was more to it than what her DH told mine, but being pregnant, I feel like the last person she might want to deal with, ya know?

Anyway, she had the ultrasound and they couldn't find a heartbeat. So the Dr told her that they are either too early or that there is something wrong. She's had no spotting or cramping, but she has had all of the early pregnancy symptoms. There are indications that it might be twins!

So my thoughts are that I thought that they CAN see the heartbeat at 6 weeks, but that you might not?? That plus the lack of spotting/cramping gives me hope...any thoughts? I don't think we saw the heartbeat until 8 weeks. Any thoughts?
When I went to my first ultra sound there was no heartbeat only a yolk sac. They said it was too early to date. I went back a week later and I was 7 weeks to the day and we had a strong heartbeat. Turns out I ovulated very late. It could just be too early.

~~~~~~~~

Never buy a house with navy blue walls.... it took 4 coats of primer to cover Landons walls and now we still have to paint it the final color.

The house was filthy, I am going to be calling my realtor to complain. I mean I knew we would have to clean etc. but the state of the house is just unacceptable. The realtor listing the house offered to send a cleaning crew so I am going to let him know he absolutely needs to. It was very frustrating because I couldn't do anything, no one would let me clean or be around the paint and when I was painting a little it was exhausting. My husband sucks at painting, a 5 year old could paint better lol.

So tired! Photos to come.

Last edited by Skylarr29; 04-27-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #651
december
DIS Veteran

http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.co...-pregnant.html

This is a neat site that I check every Tuesday. I checked it the 1st time at 7 wks, and saved the address to my computer. She looked like an alien then, and now she is a perfectly formed baby. Just click on the week, and it will give you a detailed description of what is going on.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #652
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
It isnt standard for a normal pregnancy. If your pregnancy is normal with no complications- you only get 2. One to confirm pregnancy, and then the gender/anatomy u/s. Dh and I are going to look into getting one of the 4-D u/s around 30ish weeks though. I know we will have to go to an independant place but i think it will be fun to do.

I know sometimes they check closer to delivery time to see babies position-- but normally at my office you only get the 2.
Normally at my Dr. you only get one (the growth/anatomy scan at ~18wks)... I just had that failed stress-test and such. Lucky me.

DH's new insurance policy covers 100% of all maternity care and delivery (including sonograms) so I might mention to her that we can take as many peaks at him to "watch his size" as she wants..
I totally would have done the 4D if they had a place around here! You have to post pictures if you decide to do it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
Never buy a house with navy blue walls.... it took 4 coats of primer to cover Landons walls and now we still have to paint it the final color.

The house was filthy, I am going to be calling my realtor to complain. I mean I knew we would have to clean etc. but the state of the house is just unacceptable. The realtor listing the house offered to send a cleaning crew so I am going to let him know he absolutely needs to. It was very frustrating because I couldn't do anything, no one would let me clean or be around the paint and when I was painting a little it was exhausting. My husband sucks at painting, a 5 year old could paint better lol.

So tired! Photos to come.
...4 coats? Seriously?
Those poor walls... (and poor you guys, too!)
The worst thing we ran into was wallpaper under wallpaper.. ()...

So the house was empty when you guys first looked at it? Just curious.
I'd take them up on the cleaning crew, too! You don't need anything else on your plate-- don't they know you've got a nursery to create??
(My DH can't paint either.. I only trusted him with the 1 walk-in closet and I regret that now..)
Old 04-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #653
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

So I made an apppointment for a 4d ultrasound for May 9th! There's a place about 15 minutes from here that does them. I'm excited I'll get a really great look at Jake
Old 04-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #654
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
So I made an apppointment for a 4d ultrasound for May 9th! There's a place about 15 minutes from here that does them. I'm excited I'll get a really great look at Jake
Thats so cool! The first one I ever had was of Ella, and it was at 19 weeks.
It was done the morning BEFORE we got the news that amnio came back as negative for downs. It was a wonderful day

As far as primering walls...in DS's room, those walls were lime green...we primered them 3-4x just to paint them the soft gray (1 wall is an accent with a deep blue)....
If we ever move, I feel sorry for the person who wants to change the color in DDage8 room (and they will I"m sure).. she has 3 walls lavender, and 1 wall a turquoise like color......
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:04 AM   #655
mmkk
DIS Veteran

Good morning all! I just thought I would check in. I have been lurking to keep up but just haven't posted (well, obviously-duh!).

Sarah-I hope your friend finds out some good news soon. I wouldn't give up hope just yet if I were her. It seems awfully early and especially if she is experiencing pg symptoms already-maybe thats a good sign.

Skylarr-we painted the bedroom in our old house with red and it took about 5 coats just to get it red, not pink! So I feel your pain for the ton of painting you have to do. I feel bad for anyone wanting a different color other than that red in there!

december-cool website! I subscribed so I could get the updated look every week.

homesweetdisney-the 4D u/s is soooo cool. I was so happy when my u/s tech flipped it on this last appt. She got me the two really cute B&W shots that I posted about a week ago. I'm glad I have them-I didn't have that option with Madeline.

I got my 3 hr. glucose test results back-3 out of 4 blood draws came back normal, the fourth just a little elevated so I just have to watch what I eat, eat sugar in moderation, etc. Then in four weeks they will do another 1 hour test on me again. So it wasn't terribly bad, I technically don't have GD.

BH contractions are still prominent though. I tried to start cleaning the house yesterday (I'm giving myself all week to clean it! ) but had to keep stopping because it would trigger one contraction after another. I have to be careful because it will start me spotting again.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #656
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

MMKK, good news about your glucose test. Watch yourself before the next one and I am certain you will pass with flying colors.

Our house had all white walls. I had to twist DH's arm real hard to have him bring in some color. He finally gave in and we painted the nursery pale yellow. Now I think it is one of his favorite rooms in the house. If only he had more time I would beg him to paint more.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #657
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Morning everyone!

I have my 1 hour test today. I was wondering if I can eat right before it? I'm at work until 2, my appointment is at 3:15 and I don't get a lunch, so I was going to stop and get something, but I don't want it to interfere with the test...
Old 04-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #658
goodeats
DIS Veteran

They should have told you if it was fasting or not. For mine I couldn't eat 12 hours before. Obviously I went first thing in the morning! If you do eat I wouldn't eat anything really sugary or carb-centric.

Next trip - Beach Club Oct 2015!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #659
caitty13
DIS Veteran

I was allowed to eat before my 1 hour test.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #660
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

I looked it up online. Seems like its common to tell women to fast if the test is first thing in the morning, but not in the afternoon.

I'm going to eat the rest of the chicken salad wrap I had yesterday--low carb, high protein! Good thing I dropped $8 on it! Stupid expensive coffee shop.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: