Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #631
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
DH said he was surprised how fast we chose a color for our bedroom because I am normally really particular. I think I just wanted to get out of there, my back was hurting, lol!!
Yeah, DH wasn't too happy when I decided to change my color. I'd picked out something neutral at first (wasn't going to find out what we were having) but after everyone convinced me to find out I couldn't keep up with the "neutral" idea anymore.... so the original nursery paint is now in the guest bedroom..

Post pictures of your nursery progress, if you can! I love to see transformations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Patsy, RI is a great place to visit with alot to see. We are considering moving in a year or two to NC. RI is a beautiful state just not the best place to live.
I'd love to visit RI someday, but DH would NEVER move any further north than we are now. He's eligible to transfer to a different agency (he works for the Dept. of the Treasury right now) in 56 weeks and so I keep catching him looking at Federal jobs in the Carolinas... He HATES the cold!

We don't have a Gymboree but I've been told to stay very, very far away as to not get addicted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Not quite the coupon queen, maybe just the moat watcher or whatever, lol-- but if i apply for the stupid BRU Credit Card (which DH works in finance and wants to do it just to get the extra 10%)... we get a total of 30% off. Then when the bill comes we will be paying it off and closing it. So we will get 30% off (So if anyone is going to order furniture or anything-- they said they combine the percentage) We dont use credit cards, we pay them off each month if we do use them- but for the extra money off i think we will do it this time!
Last time I was in there the guy tried to get me to apply for it to save 10% off of my $5 purchase.
I know they've got to ask that (or if I want batteries) but c'mon, does he think I'm an idiot?? I don't want a credit card for $.50!... It would definitely be worth it for your purchase!
DH and I pay ours off monthly too... I had to ask the HVAC people if it was okay if we paid the $9k in installments so I could put it on the CC, pay it off, put another chunk on, etc... to get the points. Times like these are when I hate being 21 with a limited credit history and low limit credit cards!

Maggie- did you try calling other BRU's.. even ones hours away? Seems odd NO ONE has it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

So DH fixed the outlet in the baby's room this weekend. Our whole house has these strips that go around each room that you can put plugs into, but they're really old and they freak us out, so he replaced the one in her room and did a bunch of plastering (that somehow made it out of Lily's room and into the rest of the house.) So now its all set to be painted this weekend and then we can put the furniture together.
That stuff can move... joint compound, plaster, drywall dust... you'll be finding it everywhere for at least another week!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #632
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

For all you coupon junkies From my email :

http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/O...8kybzz10516618

Oh..and Patsy, you're gonna think I'm nuts...but I had a dream about your dog Rink last night... dont know what it was...but I knew it was your dog...and got the name too... LOL
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #633
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
:

Maggie- did you try calling other BRU's.. even ones hours away? Seems odd NO ONE has it...
Maybe its just my store, or regional, but our BRU doesnt stock anything in the furniture line except for their displays. Everything is in the warehouse in Atlanta. When they say something is "in stock"-- that means its in the warehouse in Atlanta, not that they have it right there. If it isnt in stock-- then the warehouse has to call the distributor and have them ship more to the warehouse. My store isnt the only one without it-- they said that the warehouse ships to many different stores. They had 137 of the combo's in the warehouse as of yesterday, but no cribs and no armoires. So the warehouse sent in another order (they already had some ordered and were supposed to get them in on the 18th for other waiting customers-- but they didnt come in). So we could go ahead and get the combo. It takes 7 days to get it from the warehouse to the store (which is standard for all BRU furniture at my store)-- but thats only if the warehouse has it. Otherwise, it has to go from distributor, to warehouse (however long that takes)- plus the week it takes to get to my BRU store I dont know-- thats what we've been told twice now on two seperate occasions. We went yesterday to make sure i could bend over in it well since its not drop down and DH checked on it again.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #634
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
Oh..and Patsy, you're gonna think I'm nuts...but I had a dream about your dog Rink last night... dont know what it was...but I knew it was your dog...and got the name too... LOL

I hope the dream was better than the real-life current Rink.
ATM, he's not feeling very well. He pretty much sleeps, looks at you with sad eyes (he ate something bad and his butt has got to be on fire) and drinks his water. Oh, the excitement of having a dog.

What was he doing in the dream?

(I'm going to go take a nap, it's too hot for homework.. even if it is due tomorrow... )
Old 04-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #635
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

I can't believe I forgot to tell you. I got on update from my BFF about her baby. She might have miscarried. I knew there was more to it than what her DH told mine, but being pregnant, I feel like the last person she might want to deal with, ya know?

Anyway, she had the ultrasound and they couldn't find a heartbeat. So the Dr told her that they are either too early or that there is something wrong. She's had no spotting or cramping, but she has had all of the early pregnancy symptoms. There are indications that it might be twins!

So my thoughts are that I thought that they CAN see the heartbeat at 6 weeks, but that you might not?? That plus the lack of spotting/cramping gives me hope...any thoughts? I don't think we saw the heartbeat until 8 weeks. Any thoughts?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #636
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't believe I forgot to tell you. I got on update from my BFF about her baby. She might have miscarried. I knew there was more to it than what her DH told mine, but being pregnant, I feel like the last person she might want to deal with, ya know?

Anyway, she had the ultrasound and they couldn't find a heartbeat. So the Dr told her that they are either too early or that there is something wrong. She's had no spotting or cramping, but she has had all of the early pregnancy symptoms. There are indications that it might be twins!

So my thoughts are that I thought that they CAN see the heartbeat at 6 weeks, but that you might not?? That plus the lack of spotting/cramping gives me hope...any thoughts? I don't think we saw the heartbeat until 8 weeks. Any thoughts?
I had an u/s at 6wks and they can certainly see a baby in there if she is pregnant. There is a yolk sac. I found out I was pregnant at just under 4wks. My doctor wont even try and hear the heartbeat until 12wks... nor will she try and look at it until theres an anatomy scan (but this is all in normal pregnancies with no thought of there to be anything wrong). I would think that a simple u/s would tell them whether there is a baby there or not... Have they not given her a urine to check her HCG levels? That would tell me whether I miscarried or not I would think!?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #637
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
I had an u/s at 6wks and they can certainly see a baby in there if she is pregnant. There is a yolk sac. I found out I was pregnant at just under 4wks. My doctor wont even try and hear the heartbeat until 12wks... nor will she try and look at it until theres an anatomy scan (but this is all in normal pregnancies with no thought of there to be anything wrong). I would think that a simple u/s would tell them whether there is a baby there or not... Have they not given her a urine to check her HCG levels? That would tell me whether I miscarried or not I would think!?
They did see with the u/s that there was at least one baby, but they couldn't find the heartbeat. There was clearly a yoke sac.

And her HCG levels are exactly where they should be, there's been no drop that she was told of.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #638
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They did see with the u/s that there was at least one baby, but they couldn't find the heartbeat. There was clearly a yoke sac.

And her HCG levels are exactly where they should be, there's been no drop that she was told of.
If they couldnt see a heartbeat- could they hear one on a trans******l u/s? I would think if they could still see the baby then everything is okay. I would also think that if there were twins-- they would certainly be able to hear someones heartbeat, either a or b- but then again i dont know because ive never had twins and im certainly no doc. lol
Old 04-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #639
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

When I went to the doctors at 6 weeks we were just able to see the yolk sac so they had me go back at 8 weeks and we were able to see the baby and the heartbeat. I just got back from the doctors today and I was told that usually you can't hear the heartbeat until 12 weeks and I'm 10 weeks 5 days and we heard it! It was faint, but it was there! What an awesome sound! Now just counting down the weeks till we find out the gender!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #640
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
When I went to the doctors at 6 weeks we were just able to see the yolk sac so they had me go back at 8 weeks and we were able to see the baby and the heartbeat. I just got back from the doctors today and I was told that usually you can't hear the heartbeat until 12 weeks and I'm 10 weeks 5 days and we heard it! It was faint, but it was there! What an awesome sound! Now just counting down the weeks till we find out the gender!
What an exciting day for you!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #641
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well I can relate my experience. At almost 7 weeks, the doc could not get a good look on u/s, no h/b detected yet. Sent me for beta HCG blood draws, 2 days apart. HCG numbers came back good. Had a bit of spotting, so I went back in at almost 8 weeks & there were clearly 2 & we could just make out the flickering h/bs. So if she only thinks she's 6 weeks, it may just be too early to see yet.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #642
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
I was 10wks 2days when I heard it.
It seems like every Dr. is so different. I'm really glad mine tried earlier but can definitely understand the panic I'd of been in if she hadn't found it! So maybe it's better that some Dr.'s wait, like Maggie said- until 12 weeks?

Sarah, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I don't have anything knowledge wise to offer- I didn't have an ultrasound to date the pregnancy or anything like that, just the first one at 18wks. Thats all very foreign to me.
I hope your friend gets a reassuring answer soon, I'll keep her in my thoughts. Keep us updated!

...I got the letter today from the pediatrician I chose that Lucas was accepted into his practice, woohoo. I actually had to APPLY! That threw me for a loop and I was glad to get the letter today. One thing to mark off my list!!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #643
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:

I might be mistaken, but I thought you could SEE a heartbeat on U/S but not always hear it.... My uterus was tilted, so it was about 12-14 weeks before mine could be heard on the belly, but they could see it... Dunno, maybe 6 weeks is too young...
Here's wishing your friend the best
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #644
MelessaG
Proud Mommy of 4!
Jimmy Fallon can update my weekend!

Quote:
I think it may just be a little early. I had spotting with my son at around 8 weeks and they did an u/s to check the heart rate. Obviously from my signature he was fine, but I remember them telling me that this was about the earliest they could have spotted the heartbeat. With no drops in HCG, I would be cautiously optimistic.

Mom to DD (12) DS (9) DD (7) DD (5) and a Bonus Baby born 08/04/2009

SOG '99, off-site '01 & '02, AKL '04, POR '05 and FW in '06!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #645
harleyquinn

Thanks everyone!

To clarify, I know it's too early to hear anything, the Dr was concerned because during the vag u/s they could not see a heartbeat. I've done a bunch of searching around and it seems like this is VERY common and many times turns out to be no big deal, but that in most cases you should be able to see the heartbeat by 7 weeks.

I think the biggest things here are that she has no idea when she conceived (she thinks she does, but she's been VERY irregular, so there's really no way to tell) and that she's having all of the symptoms of being pregnant and none of having a miscarriage.

I found out that seeing the heartbeat later is very common with twins too, so maybe that's the case here.

I'm trying to be positive, but I'd really appreciate it if everyone kept us in their thoughts! She's supposed to go back to the dr this week, but she was thinking of postponing that appointment until next week, so she can feel more sure that there really is a problem.

There's a whole website dedicated to misdiagnosed miscarriages that is very interesting and scary!

Thanks Valerie--I really think that might be what's going on here!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: