Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #616
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Patsy, RI is a great place to visit with alot to see. We are considering moving in a year or two to NC. RI is a beautiful state just not the best place to live.

Melissa, wow your closing moved quickly. Congrats! Hope you get those keys today. I can't believe you are already at 21 weeks. Seeing those weeks move along so quickly must be making you feel less stressed.

I had a really nice huge shower for DS. I miss that this time around. I have all the big stuff but boy do I need girl clothes. Right now I only have two outfits that my DM has picked up. I better get shopping or our little girl maybe coming home from the hospital wearing blue!! Gymboree has a sale going on and wow that could be dangerous! At least I started getting a list together this weekend of what I need.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #617
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
Patsy, RI is a great place to visit with alot to see. We are considering moving in a year or two to NC. RI is a beautiful state just not the best place to live.

Melissa, wow your closing moved quickly. Congrats! Hope you get those keys today. I can't believe you are already at 21 weeks. Seeing those weeks move along so quickly must be making you feel less stressed.

I had a really nice huge shower for DS. I miss that this time around. I have all the big stuff but boy do I need girl clothes. Right now I only have two outfits that my DM has picked up. I better get shopping or our little girl maybe coming home from the hospital wearing blue!! Gymboree has a sale going on and wow that could be dangerous! At least I started getting a list together this weekend of what I need.
I hear ya about the girl clothes! When I found out Ella was a girl, all I had was boy stuff....everything big wise was blue too (since my girls were wayyy older, I had nothing left of theirs).... but now, I think I have more clothes than Ella will wear!! The onesies and gowns are what she's in most... You can buy all the 'cutsie' outfits you want, but really, they rarely get them on!
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #618
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Yesterday DH and I went to BRU to look, AGAIN, at the furniture we want to buy, and make sure i would be able to lift a baby out at the lowest setting (since it is not a drop down crib- and all of their drop down cribs arent attractive to me).

This is my bit of advice to mommy's and daddy's who are still early in their pregnancy (dont know what they are having)-- but passed the "something might happen" mark-- START LOOKING NOW. If you decide on a popular set (or even simply like it)-- ask if its in stock. It could be 3 months before we get the set we want. And I thought I was on good timing (Im 20wks today)... and thats us telling them LAST WEEK we wanted it in. Apparently BRU didnt have any in the warehouse so the warehouse has ordered 'x' amounts for their warehouses-- and it could be months. She even said "If it doesnt get here by your due date..." and the rest was a blur after that, because i was shocked that it could possibly not arrive by then-- and here I am at the halfway mark and would have thought to have plenty of time.

I dont really want to get my bedding until I have my nursery furniture- so im thinking i may still have an empty room until about 30-something weeks. lol. Im crossing my fingers it does come in before then. BRU did have one of the pieces in the warehouse-- and said we could buy it- but if the rest of the set doesnt come in by the time i delivered (or got close)-- they said i would need to choose something else and I dont feel like having one piece of furniture and nothing else to match.

Anyone been out in this beautiful weather? Its been in the 80's here and really sunny.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #619
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Maggie, that stinks about your furniture! Does anyone else carry that brand?
Post a link, I would love to see what you finally decided on. Good luck, I hope it arrives time. I don't want to see you settle for something else when you have your heart set.

Ann

Old 04-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #620
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maggie, that stinks about your furniture! Does anyone else carry that brand?
Post a link, I would love to see what you finally decided on. Good luck, I hope it arrives time. I don't want to see you settle for something else when you have your heart set.

Ann
Here it is. Im not sure if anyone else carries it- I should look into that. Its really the nicest, thickest wood we have found thus far.
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index....Heritage&fbx=0
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #621
MelessaG
Proud Mommy of 4!
Jimmy Fallon can update my weekend!

Quote:
Gymboree could, indeed, be dangerous. And also, LOTS of fun! I love buying baby clothes, even though I agree that all they really need are gowns and onesies. I got rid of all my baby stuff about three years ago, so I get to have a little fun shopping too.

Mom to DD (12) DS (9) DD (7) DD (5) and a Bonus Baby born 08/04/2009

SOG '99, off-site '01 & '02, AKL '04, POR '05 and FW in '06!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #622
goodeats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Here it is. Im not sure if anyone else carries it- I should look into that. Its really the nicest, thickest wood we have found thus far.
Baby Cache is an offshoot of Munire. Munire is available at a lot of smaller non-chain baby furniture stores. It's what we got, and we were able to get it in two weeks. If you have a local place they might already have it in the warehouse. The prices we paid were similar to on the BRU website.

You can see if they have a dealer near you:

http://www.munirefurniture.com/wheretobuy.asp

Next trip - Beach Club Oct 2015!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #623
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maggie, I love it! Very very pretty.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #624
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodeats View Post
Baby Cache is an offshoot of Munire. Munire is available at a lot of smaller non-chain baby furniture stores. It's what we got, and we were able to get it in two weeks. If you have a local place they might already have it in the warehouse. The prices we paid were similar to on the BRU website.

OOh thank-you! I hate that you did the leg-work for me, but I really appreciate it!!

Quote:
Maggie, I love it! Very very pretty.
Thanks!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #625
goodeats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OOh thank-you! I hate that you did the leg-work for me, but I really appreciate it!!

Thanks!
You're welcome! We got the Essex model, which seems similar to the set you like. The armoire was more $$, but the crib and low dresser were similar in price to BRU.

Next trip - Beach Club Oct 2015!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #626
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome! We got the Essex model, which seems similar to the set you like. The armoire was more $$, but the crib and low dresser were similar in price to BRU.
Only problem is BRU has a nice 20% off coupon for our coupon queen Maggie!!! That is huge when spending so much.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #627
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately I cant pronounce any of that. Munire isnt pronounced at ALL like I thought it was, neither is baby Chache. LOL. ANyway, I called and no one around here can get that-- only BRU. Thank you though!!
By the way, that essex is VERY similar. What color did you get-- its beautiful!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #628
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Only problem is BRU has a nice 20% off coupon for our coupon queen Maggie!!! That is huge when spending so much.
Not quite the coupon queen, maybe just the moat watcher or whatever, lol-- but if i apply for the stupid BRU Credit Card (which DH works in finance and wants to do it just to get the extra 10%)... we get a total of 30% off. Then when the bill comes we will be paying it off and closing it. So we will get 30% off (So if anyone is going to order furniture or anything-- they said they combine the percentage) We dont use credit cards, we pay them off each month if we do use them- but for the extra money off i think we will do it this time!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #629
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

Quote:

Very nice That color furniture should go with any bedding. Really cute!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #630
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Hi everyone!

Bumpo--one of the few things I didn't register for since I couldn't imagine using it, but my co-worker is giving me her old one (she had a baby girl last summer), so i don't need to worry--she said it is her single most favorite baby item.

Showers--I wish mine were earlier!! Luckily my boss and my SIL listened and had them beofer my mom, but she wouldn't listen when I said I'd rather have them in May. Oh well. I should be thankful for all the work everyone is doing.

So DH fixed the outlet in the baby's room this weekend. Our whole house has these strips that go around each room that you can put plugs into, but they're really old and they freak us out, so he replaced the one in her room and did a bunch of plastering (that somehow made it out of Lily's room and into the rest of the house.) So now its all set to be painted this weekend and then we can put the furniture together.

And the Cavs won so now we get to go to game one of the next round of the playoffs. I'm so excited...we'll probably get her a Cavs onesie or something from the team shop. To think my baby could be born the year Cleveland finally brings home a championship!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: