Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #601
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Just an OT side note -

When babies get to be close to the sitting up age....the BUMBO seats are soo worth the money...amazing little contraption
But...DBF was just playing with DS on the floor and he read the back of it... and sadly, it had to read the warning "Not to be used as a carseat"
That means some idiot tried to use it as a carseat??

Crazy.....
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK ~
June 2014 ~ DD Graduation Trip, 3 parks in one day!!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #602
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ron View Post
That makes me 57 !!! I am exhausted today, I figure it is the warm weather too.
My ticker got off by a day again, I think, so I'm to 37 days... but I'm totally too~

It got really, super hot here, too... but it feels amazing!
I've never been to Rhode Island-- but always wanted to go. I've seen beautiful pictures of up there!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #603
december
DIS Veteran

Mine was off by a day one day last week (I noticed yours too) but I think they are back to being right now.

I'm tired, and still have homework to finish (that is due in 2 hrs) but I had a great day. My baby sister threw me a shower at her house. It was small, mostly family and one friend from high school, but it was so much fun. I had 2 great-aunts there. One of them will be 91 May 15 (never could have kids) and she wants the baby born on her birthday. Another great-aunt that I haven't seen in way too long was there, and alot of older cousins. And 2 ladies that work with my mother. I got several packs of diapers and some wipes, tons of clothes (mostly 0-3 mos, but some bigger ones too), baby monitors, a darling homemade Disney Princess diaper bag and quilt (I'll post pics of this when I have time-my mother's 1st cousin made them)-just lots of stuff! 2 of my sisters and my mother bought me a pink and brown stroller that I love (plus a basket full of other necessities-burp cloths, bibs, etc.). My other sister bought me a small pack of dollar store diapers-she was also the last one there and the first one to leave. Oh well, at least she showed up.

I have to get to work now!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #604
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Well, I'm just proud of myself for noticing something was up. The further in the pregnancy I've gotten the less I've looked at it. Sorta makes me sad.

Eek! 2 hours? I have a TON due Tuesday night.. (like, another 300 math problems..) but here I sit, on the DIS, instead of doing the problems. It's so easy to put homework off! Are your finals coming up? We're almost done, thank goodness! We're moving after that!

Sounds like you had a great shower! I had so much fun at mine. The gifts were great but it's also so great to have everyone around and thinking about something so exciting.. baby!
I had mine early (I think, I was 32.5 weeks?) but I wanted time to get things situated before finals/the move/etc. And time to get stuff washed.
I've definitely not washed a dang thing. Can't find the stupid free and clear detergent I bought.. Grr...

Good luck with your homework!!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #605
HomeSweetDisney
Like Cheap Trick I surrender.
perfectly happy eating a bowl of cereal
..."and that my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecey View Post
I had mine early (I think, I was 32.5 weeks?) but I wanted time to get things situated before finals/the move/etc. And time to get stuff washed.
I've definitely not washed a dang thing. Can't find the stupid free and clear detergent I bought.. Grr...
I am having mine early too. I'll be a little over 30 weeks when mine rolls around. My mom is the one throwing it for me and we decided to have it sooner rather than later cause there's a lot going on. My baby sister graduates HS the first week of June and then she and my parents will be gone almost 2 weeks for her graduation trip. By the time they get back it'll already be July and I just couldn't see myself enjoying a baby shower in the awful Texas heat. So we decided on May 30th. I'm excited for it though! Baby showers are fun
Old 04-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #606
raysnkaysmom

With DS, I had his shower on Jan 20th (which, without us thinking, was our 1yr anniversary of our first date). He was born Feb 21... so 1 month prior to birth

DIdn't have one with Ella....
Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #607
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetDisney View Post
I am having mine early too. I'll be a little over 30 weeks when mine rolls around. My mom is the one throwing it for me and we decided to have it sooner rather than later cause there's a lot going on. My baby sister graduates HS the first week of June and then she and my parents will be gone almost 2 weeks for her graduation trip. By the time they get back it'll already be July and I just couldn't see myself enjoying a baby shower in the awful Texas heat. So we decided on May 30th. I'm excited for it though! Baby showers are fun
Ohh, definitely. Logic prevails for you to have it early!
I also did mine when I did so my Aunt could come. She's from South Carolina and we did it Easter weekend so she had double the reason to convince her hubby to make the drive. She loves babies (could never have any of her own) so she lives vicariously through her sisters and their kids and their babies...

I'm dying as I sit here. And I live in West Virginia (I'm blaming it on the laptop, though)... it's SOOO HOT! And the AC is even on. The $9k DH just convinced me to drop on the other house to have AC installed is looking like a bargain now (yes, people here still live without air conditioning!). ... I can't imagine TEXAS!

...I took the break from my homework to come and share this coupon with you ladies:
Some free prints if you have an Olan Mills around.
http://www.olanmills.com/coupons/11freecoupon.asp
Old 04-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #608
raysnkaysmom

Quote:

I'm dying as I sit here. And I live in West Virginia (I'm blaming it on the laptop, though)... it's SOOO HOT! And the AC is even on. The $9k DH just convinced me to drop on the other house to have AC installed is looking like a bargain now (yes, people here still live without air conditioning!). ... I can't imagine TEXAS!

...I took the break from my homework to come and share this coupon with you ladies:
Some free prints if you have an Olan Mills around.
http://www.olanmills.com/coupons/11freecoupon.asp
OMG, it's soo hot here too... had the AC on all day....

Thanks for the Olan Mills coupon...thats the kind I'll use I'm a big picture fanatic. I have an appt set for next Sunday with a photographer in Atlanta...I"m getting the kids a real photo shoot as my Mothers Day gift to myself...I can't wait

Here's one I had done while pregnant with Ella at 7 months
I never did maternity pics before....

Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #609
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Melissa-- I just wanted to say that I've been poking around your wedding TR...
What a beautiful... everything! You were gorgeous and I love all your color choices!!

I'm going to have to start working on DH now for a vow renewal.. Think I can convince him since we only spent $364 on our wedding (Vegas, baby), we can splurge on the vow renewal and do it in Disney??

I love this picture, too. I can remember standing there and sending a picture of that background to my dad... The company in that tall black building is who he works for! I remember one of the frenchmen telling me when I got there I couldn't miss it because it stuck out like a sore thumb...
Thank you!! It was the most perfect day. I need to finish the report but since I don't have all of my photos back yet it is coming along slowly, lol. A Disney vow renewal would be great! We ate dinner in that building, there is a restaurant on the top floor, it was a very unique experience. That is the only sky scraper in Paris and they are no longer allowed to be built in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
Piecey- I got married at WDW too, back in 06. I have a TR but have since moved all of my photos out of it... but the words are still there (lol). I never did get a chance to see Skylarr's TR.. i think i left that board before then (But not too much before because I remember her planning).
Ive never done the Kmart double coupons thing- but id bet i could do well there. Im just not too fond of Kmart. Will they double ALL coupons? Like- even pampers coupons? If so-- i may need to grab my good coupons and go stock up on some cheap stuff. When do they double again?

Yep, trip link in my siggie! I don't blame you for removing your pics, I think we have bought been through rough patches here. Loved your wedding though!!

We are supposed to get the keys for the house tomorrow, I hope everything goes well and we can start moving in. Today we bought lots of paint and supplies and I hope to start the nursery tomorrow. DH bought special paint that is non toxic etc. that I can be around (at $70 bucks a can ) and I am very excited.

My ticker is off by a day too.... weird.

Last edited by Skylarr29; 04-26-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #610
Piecey
I don't have a mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
We ate dinner in that building, there is a restaurant on the top floor, it was a very unique experience. That is the only sky scraper in Paris and they are no longer allowed to be built in the city.

We are supposed to get the keys for the house tomorrow, I hope everything goes well and we can start moving in. Today we bought lots of paint and supplies and I hope to start the nursery tomorrow. DH bought special paint that is non toxic etc. that I can be around (at $70 bucks a can ) and I am very excited.

My ticker is off by a day too.... weird.
A lot of the men that work in their Paris office (their headquarters) come here off and on and when they found out I was going to Paris they ALL had to tell me about how their building was the only one that was in the "heart" of Paris and how great the views were because they are unobstructed (because of what you said, the height restrictions they have now!). According to them, it's the tallest building in all of France. Can't say for sure, they like to boast on their country! (If they're right, you've got major bragging rights!!)
My dad said the food in that restaurant is delicious, but I didn't go while I was there. I should have, I bet the views are spectacular!

Woohooo for keys!!!!!!! That was such an exciting day for us, too!
What color did you choose for your nursery?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #611
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
A lot of the men that work in their Paris office (their headquarters) come here off and on and when they found out I was going to Paris they ALL had to tell me about how their building was the only one that was in the "heart" of Paris and how great the views were because they are unobstructed (because of what you said, the height restrictions they have now!). According to them, it's the tallest building in all of France. Can't say for sure, they like to boast on their country! (If they're right, you've got major bragging rights!!)
My dad said the food in that restaurant is delicious, but I didn't go while I was there. I should have, I bet the views are spectacular!

Woohooo for keys!!!!!!! That was such an exciting day for us, too!
What color did you choose for your nursery?

For the nursery we got Misty Blue from Benjamen Moore, they have the coordinating colors in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog so we knew it would look good with the bedding.

DH said he was surprised how fast we chose a color for our bedroom because I am normally really particular. I think I just wanted to get out of there, my back was hurting, lol!!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #612
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnkaysmom View Post
Just an OT side note -

When babies get to be close to the sitting up age....the BUMBO seats are soo worth the money...amazing little contraption
But...DBF was just playing with DS on the floor and he read the back of it... and sadly, it had to read the warning "Not to be used as a carseat"
That means some idiot tried to use it as a carseat??

Crazy.....
A friend of mine gave me a little round seat-I think this is what she called it. When did you start using it, and what is it for?

Quote:
Well, I'm just proud of myself for noticing something was up. The further in the pregnancy I've gotten the less I've looked at it. Sorta makes me sad.

Eek! 2 hours? I have a TON due Tuesday night.. (like, another 300 math problems..) but here I sit, on the DIS, instead of doing the problems. It's so easy to put homework off! Are your finals coming up? We're almost done, thank goodness! We're moving after that!

Sounds like you had a great shower! I had so much fun at mine. The gifts were great but it's also so great to have everyone around and thinking about something so exciting.. baby!

Good luck with your homework!!
I finished and sent it in with 7 minutes to spare. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Our tickers are off by a day again! I swear when I looked at them earlier today they were right. I don't know what is going on.

I need to be in the bed now, but since I don't really sleep anymore what is the point?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #613
raysnkaysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
A friend of mine gave me a little round seat-I think this is what she called it. When did you start using it, and what is it for?

Yeah...it's a Bumbo. I never bought one myself or really thought much about them, but at about 4-6 months when they are ready to learn to sit, it helps them by propping them... Then, I've found they LOVE to sit in them... to eat, to watch TV..and it keeps them in it until they are abit older to learn to crawl out. My son is 14 months...and it is one of the few words he can say "Bumbo"... he LOVES it... loves to play in it....
They sell the trays for them too, to eat at if you want to take it with you somewhere
I got mine for $3 at a yard sale when he was about 6months..and it's WONDERFUL
Old 04-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #614
december
DIS Veteran

Thanks. My friend moved to NC a few years ago, and came by for about 45 min a couple of months ago on her way through (had her idiot husband with her so they couldn't stay longer). Anyway, she decided 5 kids was enough and brought me a ton of stuff, including this seat. She sat it down and told me I'd love it, but that was all. It has been in the corner ever since.

I have to add that it looks NOTHING like a carseat!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #615
raysnkaysmom

Quote:

I finished and sent it in with 7 minutes to spare. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Our tickers are off by a day again! I swear when I looked at them earlier today they were right. I don't know what is going on.

I need to be in the bed now, but since I don't really sleep anymore what is the point?
Quote:
Thanks. My friend moved to NC a few years ago, and came by for about 45 min a couple of months ago on her way through (had her idiot husband with her so they couldn't stay longer). Anyway, she decided 5 kids was enough and brought me a ton of stuff, including this seat. She sat it down and told me I'd love it, but that was all. It has been in the corner ever since.

I have to add that it looks NOTHING like a carseat!!!!
lol...for real!

Yeah, when I saw this seat at the yardsale, I thought "I've heard about this "Bumbo" thing....whats the big deal".. well, DS sat in it while I looked around, and figured I'd buy it since it entertained him just sitting there... it's been one of his fave things since!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: